The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Incapacitating Strike Silence 5.0.3

• seventyfive
    seventyfive
    ✭✭✭
    I mean... really? It's kind of ... way too strong. Really.
    Options
  • enzoisadog
    enzoisadog
    ✭✭✭✭
    buff incap
    NA-PC
    Options
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A 3 second silence on an Ult that costs 120? It's pretty much a win button.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
    Options
  • The_Shadowborn
    The_Shadowborn
    ✭✭✭
    hn851g6re6bk.jpg
    @W_Shadowborn (PC/EU)
    - Toxic Toads
    - Noxious
    - [/s] Cyrodiil's Fist
    [/s]
    Options
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should add a meteor proc to incap to make it even more balanced.
    Options
  • Althorn
    Althorn
    ✭✭
    I never thought I'd say this: we need Wrobel back

Yeah it's obvious who is giving NB so much attention and why. When you've been biased about your own class for years AND playing the most meta pvp builds on it, of course you're going to push this. Funny how it's getting more attention than even Necro.

On the real though, Silence for 3 seconds and then stun someone and you'll have a huge window to burst someone seeing as silence doesn't effect cc immunity.

!!!???!!!??
    Options
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just me or does this confirm the devs don't play their own game?
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
    Options
  • HackTheMinotaur
    HackTheMinotaur
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am stunned. Seriously. What is this?

Literally no reason to not play a stamblade in PVP now. All Cyrodiil will be stamblade. All battleground will be stamblade. All hail the new meta (same as the old meta?).
    Options
  • Razier
    Razier
    ✭✭✭
    This change is absolutely ridiculous and unfounded. They're nerfing the F out of incap, AFTER nerfing the rest of the class. Absolutely absurd and a disgrace. Instead of slowly implementing small nerfs and slowly seeing the change ZoS wants to NB they're going above and beyond to gut the class of it's stand out notoriety and absolutely shafting stamblade PvP. Just another absolutely disgusting decision by ZoS which is KILLING their PvP scene. I'm appalled and disgusted in their decision making. If these changes go through I'll be cancelling my ESO Plus. Thank god I haven't bought Elswyer yet.

Edit: Anyone that says this is a buff or any other of the NB changes are buffs (BESIDES FEAR WHICH THEY'RE REVERTING BACK) can gtfo with their incompetence and lack of understanding. They're the reason these idiotic changes are even happening. "We collected feedback on the forums." Give me a break. Half the people on the forums don't know wtf they're talking about and another 20% are just trolling around to get other classes they don't use, nerfed.
    Edited by Razier on 7 May 2019 20:24
    Saint of Brindle
    Wu-Tang Clan
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
    Options
  • seanj87
    seanj87
    If the stamina morph is getting 3 seconds of silence and stam and mag recovery then the magicka morph should stun, ignore all resistance, be undogdable and aoe with 10k heal absorb.

Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know who would even come up with this change lol it’s like they’re purposely trying to *** people off.

Just imagine getting incapped rotated so you can’t do anything for 6 secs or more. It’s certain death.
    Options
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a shockingly bad idea.

I wasn’t really bothered by most of the upcoming changes, but this one needs to be undone.
    Options
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Razier wrote: »
    This change is absolutely ridiculous and unfounded. They're nerfing the F out of incap, AFTER nerfing the rest of the class. Absolutely absurd and a disgrace. Instead of slowly implementing small nerfs and slowly seeing the change ZoS wants to NB they're going above and beyond to gut the class of it's stand out notoriety and absolutely shafting stamblade PvP. Just another absolutely disgusting decision by ZoS which is KILLING their PvP scene. I'm appalled and disgusted in their decision making. If these changes go through I'll be cancelling my ESO Plus. Thank god I haven't bought Elswyer yet.

Sarcasm?
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
    Options
  • PureEnvelope35
    PureEnvelope35
    ✭✭✭✭

Literally no reason to not play a stamblade in PVP now. All Cyrodiil will be stamblade. All battleground will be stamblade. All hail the new meta (same as the old meta?).

No you're not stunned, you're silenced :trollface:

Edit: I want to die
    Edited by PureEnvelope35 on 7 May 2019 20:26
    • Fashion is the true endgame.
    • PC EU
    • EP Astera the Charlatan Stamina Arcanist (PvE)
    • EP Malina the Pure Stamina Warden (PvP)
    • EP Athena the Pure Stamina Dragonknight (PvP)
    • EP Elizabeth the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvP)
    • DC Bonneville the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • DC Lyudmila the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvE)
    • DC Breña the Pure Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • DC Cirise the Pure Magicka Warden (PvP)
    • DC Melinda the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvP)
    • DC Adeliane the Pure Magicka Templar (PvP)
    • AD Valencia the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • AD Do'Nhadir Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • AD Xiphias Sword-Like-Comet Stamgicka Warden (PvP)
    • AD Eleanora the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvE)
    Options
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correction, not stunned* because you can't break free of silence and get CC immunity.
    but with eclipse you can! :D
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well....
    lets honour this ultimate with 3 seconds of silence....
    tenor.gif?itemid=10102324

Jokes aside - 3 seconds is almost like nothing. You wont even notice that since, you will be able to move, roll dodge or cast stamina skills. Even if you will be stunned from stealth by this Ultimate, after immediately breaking free, you will have like 1 - 1,5 seconds of silence left. LAG sometimes is longer than that. Especially if you PvP on EU server...

Being objective here, this ultimate does imho too little to justify 120 ulti cost. Sure, you can cast it on lower ulti points but then it will do almost nothing. I can't see myself using that skill. In fact I dont since Summerset, because Dawnbreaker is much better option. And lets not forget - it is a single target only. Technically it should be compared more to Berserker Strike (Two-Handed ulti) rather than Dawnbreaker since this is also single target ulti.

Besides, since global cooldown is a thing, what a NB is supposed to do within those 3 seconds ? 1 light attack + skill ?

Imho will simply be a dead morph and pretty much every one, whenever stam or mag nb will run Soul Harvest (if they will run this ulti at all).

Edit: the only real problem is probably re-applying silence by another NB.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on 8 May 2019 06:19
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So nord, bloodspawn, battlefield acrobat. Werewolf hide....heroic slash NB. Profit?
    Options
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incap Silence is just to create a general uproar to distract from the other buffs NIghtblade got lol
    Options
  • elfantasmo
    elfantasmo
    ✭✭✭
    Patch 5.0
    Death Stroke has been notorious for being a very potent Ultimate. We wanted to retain this ability's identity as a mark for death on your target, helping the Nightblade excel at assassinating high priority targets while reducing some of the over bearing nature it enables.

Patch 5.0.3
    Incapacitating Strike: This morph no longer applies Minor Mangle or Stuns the target when cast with 120 or more Ultimate. Instead, it now Silences the target for 3 seconds when cast with 120 or more Ultimate.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler , @ZOS_Gilliam - Could you please explain how this is in anyway making the skill less potent and less overbearing? Also can you confirm whether it can be CC broke or not?

If you go live with this change Necro will not be used, there will be 100v100v100 NBs in PvP.
    Options
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did this change based on feedback? Do they play mag? What is their counterplay?

When I get incap, I break free and Ward Ally with Blackrose resto and use heal depending on class I'm on. With this, any mag is dead, no counterplay...

I already broke free reducing my stam pool my stam pool, you want me to roll dodge for 3 secs waiting for CC cooldown to finish to get stunned again?

EDIT: rethought about the patch notes and incap not stunning anymore.
    Edited by CleymenZero on 7 May 2019 20:31
    Options
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy ***. This has to be one of the dumbest ideas they’ve ever had. I guess Wrobel was truly just the barrier between us and insanity.
    Options
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 seconds of no counterplay? Seems legit.

Between this and the grim focus change, it sure seems like the dev team has no idea what they are doing here.

Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am absolutely flabbergasted. What a stupid change this is to incap.. to the game. What are the devs thinking.. im so beyond dissapointed that I..just dont want to play eso atm.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elfantasmo wrote: »
    Patch 5.0
    Death Stroke has been notorious for being a very potent Ultimate. We wanted to retain this ability's identity as a mark for death on your target, helping the Nightblade excel at assassinating high priority targets while reducing some of the over bearing nature it enables.

Patch 5.0.3
    Incapacitating Strike: This morph no longer applies Minor Mangle or Stuns the target when cast with 120 or more Ultimate. Instead, it now Silences the target for 3 seconds when cast with 120 or more Ultimate.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler , @ZOS_Gilliam - Could you please explain how this is in anyway making the skill less potent and less overbearing? Also can you confirm whether it can be CC broke or not?

If you go live with this change Necro will not be used, there will be 100v100v100 NBs in PvP.

Necro WILL be used, health cost class purge.
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the plus side, this thread has been pretty great.

Bizarre stamblade "buffs": bringing the community together since forever.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos taketh, then giveth all back.
    Options
  • Papachico
    Papachico
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well....
    lets honour this ultimate with 3 seconds of silence....
    tenor.gif?itemid=10102324

Jokes aside - 3 seconds is almost like nothing. You wont even notice that since, you will be able to move, roll dodge or cast stamina skills. Even if you will be stunned from stealth by this Ultimate, after immediately breaking free, you will have like 1 - 1,5 seconds of silence left. LAG sometimes is longer than that. Especially if you PvP on EU server...

Being objective here, this ultimate does imho too little to justify 120 ulti cost. Sure, you can cast it on lower ulti points but then it will do almost nothing. I can't see myself using that skill. In fact I dont since Summerset, because Dawnbreaker is much better option. And lets not forget - it is a single target only. Technically it should be compared more to Berserker Strike (Two-Handed ulti) rather than Dawnbreaker since this is also single target ulti.

Besides, since global cooldown is a thing, what a NB is supposed to do within those 3 seconds ? 1 light attack + skill ?

Imho will simply be a dead morph and pretty much every one, whenever stam or mag nb will run Soul Harvest (if they will run this ulti at all).

what about having more than just 1 nb on your ass? ever thought about that Sherlock.
    Options
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭

No you're not stunned, you're silenced :trollface:

Edit: I want to die

lol you still crack me up

seriously, consider stand-up
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first I just thought they were not that smart... now I know what to call ZoS....
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    elfantasmo wrote: »
    Patch 5.0

Patch 5.0.3

Necro WILL be used, health cost class purge.
    Well this explains everything. Magicka Necromancers will be the only magicka class that can counter the new incap lmao.
    Options