Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Incapacitating Strike Silence 5.0.3

• jlb1705
    jlb1705
    ✭✭✭
    This is awesome because after three weeks of reading "the nightblade nerfs are actually buffs" people are so mad they're giving up the charade.

Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally a real counter to shields in pvp.

your fear/ambush not working? lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    therift wrote: »
    Looks like the 'Separate PvP and PvE' crowd is finally getting their way, but not in the manner they advocated.

Magicka builds for PvE
    Stamina builds for PvP.

I guess that's, um, separated and balanced.

Not really tho since stam is also better in PvE, unless you are playing a mini Trial where mag is easier. In all other Trials stam is stronger with more single target and aoe dps, I guess its actually:

Magicka builds as Banking alts.
    Stam for everything else.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • seanj87
    seanj87
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Cortimi wrote: »
    I REALLY hope this is a real thing, so I can watch all the magsorcs have a complete and total meltdown over finally being killable.

Sorry, but sounds like a l2p issue

Yes and while magsorcs are killable now, every other mag class pays the price
    Options
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well....
    lets honour this ultimate with 3 seconds of silence....
    tenor.gif?itemid=10102324

Jokes aside - 3 seconds is almost like nothing. You wont even notice that since, you will be able to move, roll dodge or cast stamina skills. Even if you will be stunned from stealth by this Ultimate, after immediately breaking free, you will have like 1 - 1,5 seconds of silence left. LAG sometimes is longer than that. Especially if you PvP on EU server...

Being objective here, this ultimate does imho too little to justify 120 ulti cost. Sure, you can cast it on lower ulti points but then it will do almost nothing. I can't see myself using that skill. In fact I dont since Summerset, because Dawnbreaker is much better option. And lets not forget - it is a single target only. Technically it should be compared more to Berserker Strike (Two-Handed ulti) rather than Dawnbreaker since this is also single target ulti.

Besides, since global cooldown is a thing, what a NB is supposed to do within those 3 seconds ? 1 light attack + skill ?

Imho will simply be a dead morph and pretty much every one, whenever stam or mag nb will run Soul Harvest (if they will run this ulti at all).

We found the local village idiot guys.
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone test it and see if it’s only a magicka silence or both magicka and stam ?
    Options
  • seanj87
    seanj87
    Can someone test it and see if it’s only a magicka silence or both magicka and stam ?

even if its both, it doesnt matter, stam can dodge roll way more, tanks can ride it out, but mag classes are just screwed
    Options
  • SubtleHate
    SubtleHate
    ✭✭✭
    this is one of the worst balance ideas I have ever seen or heard. This is one of the biggest tone deaf changes I've seen. Possibly the worst change I have ever seen from Zenimax since I have played. Please just no.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤯

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bias for stam against magicka is insane in this game lol.
    Playing since January 23, 2016
    Options
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    therift wrote: »
    Looks like the 'Separate PvP and PvE' crowd is finally getting their way, but not in the manner they advocated.

Magicka builds for PvE
    Stamina builds for PvP.

I guess that's, um, separated and balanced.

Not really tho since stam is also better in PvE, unless you are playing a mini Trial where mag is easier. In all other Trials stam is stronger with more single target and aoe dps, I guess its actually:

Magicka builds as Banking alts.
    Stam for everything else.

+1 for hypering my hyperbole, because I agree.
    Options
  • olesmo
    olesmo
    ✭✭✭
    How many IQ points do these ppl letting these changes go trough have, this is some next level *** ***.
    And I thought I had seen it all when it came to horrible changes from this company.
    You can't implement changes like this that give no room for counterplay... Well you did tho.. Reroll everything to stamina -.-

FIX
    YOUR
    Options
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This can't go live. No counterplay as magicka character.
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seanj87 wrote: »

even if its both, it doesnt matter, stam can dodge roll way more, tanks can ride it out, but mag classes are just screwed

Simply dodge rolling will not save you , I know because of the numerous times I have to do that because my skills aren’t firing off. You’ll just burn your resources and plus you’re fighting the class with the most broken cc in the game to make matters worse.

Regardless, it should be tested.

Options
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh well: if this goes live, in Cyro there will be 95% stam chars, so new incap will be essentially useless...
    Options
  • Razier
    Razier
    ✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Razier wrote: »
    This change is absolutely ridiculous and unfounded. They're nerfing the F out of incap, AFTER nerfing the rest of the class. Absolutely absurd and a disgrace. Instead of slowly implementing small nerfs and slowly seeing the change ZoS wants to NB they're going above and beyond to gut the class of it's stand out notoriety and absolutely shafting stamblade PvP. Just another absolutely disgusting decision by ZoS which is KILLING their PvP scene. I'm appalled and disgusted in their decision making. If these changes go through I'll be cancelling my ESO Plus. Thank god I haven't bought Elswyer yet.

Sarcasm?

Small bit. Still very upset about the change. Just being over dramatic.
    Saint of Brindle
    Wu-Tang Clan
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logic of this change is eluding to me. There is stamblade which is OP on live and there is magblade which almost nobody plays (in PVP). What ZOS should do??? Nerf magblade to the ground and buff stamblade. I mean, really? What's the point to run magblade now at all?
    Options
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, April fools was more than a month ago right ???
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seanj87 wrote: »

Simply dodge rolling will not save you , I know because of the numerous times I have to do that because my skills aren’t firing off. You’ll just burn your resources and plus you’re fighting the class with the most broken cc in the game to make matters worse.

Regardless, it should be tested.

Not to mention, the changes to fear mean you will be cowering in place.
    Options
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One incap and any class will be facked if they're more than 2 attackers.
    They need to make it cc breakable.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really? People defending this overbuff?

I hope they also increase the cost. 120 ulti for silence is too cheap
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sustain is always welcome in PVE, but 3s of silence is going to feel horrible on the receiving end in PVP. May as well just make a skill that causes a 3000 ms ping spike for your opponent.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on 7 May 2019 21:33
    Options
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broken
    Options
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the silence is not breakable this is seriously beyond broken. I feel for those who play magicka characters.....
    Potato Pact - PC NA
    Options
  • Diundriel
    Diundriel
    ✭✭✭
    Looking Forward for my stamblade :) all These hate whispers
    actually we should be surprised that this new Change does require any dlc^^
    GM of former Slack Squad PvP Raid Guild
    Our Vids:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLwZNZlv8an4p-xNoboE7w

Characters:
    Zoe'la- AD Magplar AvA 50 x2.5
    Not Zoe'la- DC Magplar AvA 25
    Worst Healbot EU- EP Magplar AvA 20
    Diundriel- AD StamNB AvA 36
    Pugs Got Bombed- AD ManaNB AvA 36
    Cause we have dots- AD ManaSorc AvA 33
    Red Zergs Again- AD StamDen AvA 29
    Synergy Spam Bot- AD MagDK AvA 17
    Heals of Cyrodiil- AD ManaDen AvA 14
    Nawrina- DC StamDK AvA 26
    Not Ganking- StamNB PVE DD
    Stack Pls- DC ManaNB AvA 20
    Der Katzenmensch- AD AvA 30
    Der kleine Troll- DC StamDen AvA 24
    and some I deleted and new ones I am to lazy to add so well above 200 Mio AP and 6 Former Emperor Characters

PvE: multiple Flawless Conqueror Chars, vAS +2, vCloudrest +3, vRG, vKA, vCrag hms, vDSA 43,5k score ...
    Options
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removes/softens skills/mechanics of PvP that made combat feel like rock, paper, scissors (wings, snares/immobilizes)

Adds an element that would contribute to this idea we just worked towards getting rid of.

just buffing incap at this point lmfao
    Edited by Ulfgarde on 7 May 2019 21:10
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
    Options
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This topic has more views then the actual patch notes now lol :D
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
    Options
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brokenly OP against magicka (way too disabling for way too long), worst ability in the game in terms of bypassing counterplay, single-handedly offsets magicka/stamina balance in one skill..

ZOS I thought we were done making changes like this? You guys were doing so good this patch up until now.
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will still be super strong against Stam characters. No major or minor mending on DKs or Stamplars, no cleanse on Stamplars, no streak/dark deal on sorc, no cloak on nightblade.

Utterly ridiculous change to the skill. It's way way more powerful than before (if you used incap for the stun you were paying stamblade wrong anyway). The single most stupid change I've ever seen ZOS do.

While we're at it, fix Templar rune so the Stam one works in negate!!!
    Edited by Brrrofski on 7 May 2019 21:15
    Options
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While almost all of my PvP is done in Battlegrounds, I was in Cyrodiil a few days ago on my Magicka Warden, partnered up with a buddy on his Magicka DK alt. At one point we ended up 2v2 against a Stamblade + Magblade duo, who were coordinating Ults and CCs. Had this version of Incap been available to them, we would have lost the engagement pretty much immediately, and there would have been no counters. They were both focusing my Magicka Warden the entire time, and Fear -> Incap#1 -> Incap#2 -> Fear would have been a 100% free win for them (not that I would have lived long enough for that second fear to be necessary).

This change is completely absurd, especially since the silence doesn't really do anything to Stamina builds.
    Options