Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Incapacitating Strike Silence 5.0.3

• CritsTheBed
    CritsTheBed
    ✭✭✭✭
    ilcavallo wrote: »
    Dark deal? You mean the sorta heal with a cast time? I mean you’re not even trying mate.

RIP English

RIP Any kind of logic

Options
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

We have been reading your feedback about the changes to Incapacitating Strike and are investigating counter-play options for the Silence that's been added to this ability.

Don't put in counter play just change it. That whole silence thing is just a bad idea. Any kind of counter play option and it might as well just be a stun. Same effect.
    Options
  • ilcavallo
    ilcavallo
    ✭✭✭
    We’re not talking utility skills here. We’re talking about healing after an ulti. That’s the entire point of all of this. A stamina based character can pop vigor, rally, aside from their class based stamina heals after incap. You’re not even trying mate.

Your HOTs will still be up after an Incap. I mean do we have to teach you how to play?

I'm a stamsorc but I have to use magicka sometimes too. That's the point. Do magicka based builds not have have access to any stamina based skills?
    Options
  • CritsTheBed
    CritsTheBed
    ✭✭✭✭
    We’re not talking utility skills here. We’re talking about healing after an ulti. That’s the entire point of all of this. A stamina based character can pop vigor, rally, aside from their class based stamina heals after incap. You’re not even trying mate.

Your HOTs will still be up after an Incap. I mean do we have to teach you how to play?

I'm a stamsorc but I have to use magicka sometimes too. That's the point. Do magicka based builds not have have access to any stamina based skills?

Ok so you’ll be ok with zero heals for 3 seconds after incap. There ya go guys, this guy has found the fix. Zero healing applied (Stam and mag) after nightblade ulti.

Options
  • chetter_hummin
    chetter_hummin
    ✭✭✭
    1 sec cast time for harness and hardened is a joke compared to 3 sec of 0 counter play for mag. main issue here is the fact that most of the time u dont have only a NB on your ass, u are silenced for every enemy u have and it only takes 2 to bring down in 3 sec even the best players. Given the fact the u can escape your stam and health pool will be low. Not to mention there is no imunity to silence so u can be silenced continously.
    If u wanna rework how silence works u will just manage to mess negate as well, which is a good, powerfull but not op ultimate so the best thing is to abandon the silence idea completly.
    Edited by chetter_hummin on 8 May 2019 16:45
    Options
  • ilcavallo
    ilcavallo
    ✭✭✭

Ok so you’ll be ok with zero heals for 3 seconds after incap. There ya go guys, this guy has found the fix. Zero healing applied (Stam and mag) after nightblade ulti.

That's not at all what I said. But I guess the easiest thing to do when you lose an argument is to create a strawman. Kind of like when you can't beat a stamblade just run to the forums and complain about it.
    Edited by ilcavallo on 8 May 2019 16:51
    Options
  • ilcavallo
    ilcavallo
    ✭✭✭

Here let's try again. Is stamina limited to only stamina builds?
    Options
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For healing, yes. Try running vigor on a mag character, it’s complete garbage.
    Options
  • CritsTheBed
    CritsTheBed
    ✭✭✭✭

That's not at all what I said. But I guess the easiest thing to do when you lose an argument is to create a strawman. Kind of like when you can't beat a stamblade just run to the forums and complain about ot.

Listen I’ll try to go slower. The entire point of this entire thread is mag classes not being able to heal or shield after nb ulti. That’s it.

You see, a stamina sorcerer uses stamina based heals so you won’t be affected which is why you’re ok with this change. See how what you’re saying has zero need in this thread buddy? Now move along.

Options
  • ilcavallo
    ilcavallo
    ✭✭✭

That's not at all what I said. But I guess the easiest thing to do when you lose an argument is to create a strawman. Kind of like when you can't beat a stamblade just run to the forums and complain about ot.

Listen I’ll try to go slower. The entire point of this entire thread is mag classes not being able to heal or shield after nb ulti. That’s it.

You see, a stamina sorcerer uses stamina based heals so you won’t be affected which is why you’re ok with this change. See how what you’re saying has zero need in this thread buddy? Now move along.

You want to know how I know you're not a very good player?
    Options
  • CritsTheBed
    CritsTheBed
    ✭✭✭✭

lol. You’re actually suggesting running vigor and rally(stamina based heals which scale of a stat mag doesn’t have enough of) on a magicka based character. I mean I can’t help you understand buddy XD
    Options
  • CritsTheBed
    CritsTheBed
    ✭✭✭✭

You want to know how I know you have zero business in this thread?

Options
  • ilcavallo
    ilcavallo
    ✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

For healing, yes. Try running vigor on a mag character, it’s complete garbage.

I hear you. I don't like using vigor on a stamsorc. Sometimes I crutch dark deal too much but I pay for it because it costs magicka.
    Options
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

We have been reading your feedback about the changes to Incapacitating Strike and are investigating counter-play options for the Silence that's been added to this ability.

74 people have already agreed to the next comment after yours about not implementing the silence period. I hope you're reading that feedback to.
    Options
  • JondarKorric
    Pelican wrote: »
    Maybe they're just making this change so that everyone will make a necromancer, since necromancer will be the only class able to counter this since it has a purge that costs HP, not mag.

Unfortunately after doing tests Expunge and its morphs ARE in fact silenced by Incap so even Necro is ***
    Options
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hexys wrote: »
    Incapacitating Strike: This morph no longer applies Minor Mangle or Stuns the target when cast with 120 or more Ultimate. Instead, it now Silences the target for 3 seconds when cast with 120 or more Ultimate. Additionally, while slotted, it now grants Reave, which restores up to 100 Magicka and Stamina when dealing damage with a Light or Heavy Attack on a target with a negative effect active on them.

Dev comments
    After collecting much feedback from forum threads and other outlets, we noted a lot of the feedback on how Mangle's operation was far too niche in terms of engagement due to how the debuff works. While the theme was aimed at helping the Nightblade single out an opponent and put them closer to death's door, we missed the mark in delivery. We want to retain the idea of the Nightblade isolating their target and gaining a few precious seconds of denial on the target's ability to recuperate, but we wanted the defender to at least be able to reposition while those seconds count down, so we have removed the stun in place of a Silence. Additionally, much like Soul Harvest, there is a passive gained for slotting the ability. However, this passive effect makes up a much smaller portion of the ability’s power, since Silences are such powerful disabling tools.

If this goes live I'm gonna put this game behind me lol :D

Normally I would be constructive in feedback, but this time, I don't know what to say. How is this even considered a change? The developer comments are nice, but in this case just don't make up

The developer comments should be:

We really dislike seeing magic classes in PvP and Cyrodill so we decided to add a silence as a means to get rid of players who use magic based classes. We love stamblades and their very low time to kill. Further, we very much like the fact that they have a very low cost, hard hitting ultimate but feel like we should add just a bit more to them to rid Cyrodill of magic classes entirely! This silence will not only fully guarantee the NB that he will kill the magic class, but adds insult to injury as the NB cloaks away, drinks a potion for ultimate just to easily wipe out a second magic class. All hail stamina classes and long live the stamblade!
    Ad Victoriam!
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait what? There are zero useful stamina skills for a magicka character.

Unlike stamina builds who can use their offstat for buffs and can use armor to mitigate the cost of defensive actions that eat into stamina, mag characters are forced to use their main stat for buffs and have limited means to use stamina based defenses due to high cost and being unable to run armor that mitigates that high cost.

On top of that, mag characters have few HOTs available to them and even those are not effective. Cauterize can target allies, Dark Deal has a cast time and can be interrupted, Mutagen can end up on allies, crit surge (if we really want to call this a HOT) only works if you are dealing crit damage (good luck with that on a magsorc unable to cast spells or defend yourself). These all require foresight to keep them up on top of that. Unless you expect mag characters to just constantly have these HOTs up anywhere they move in Cyrodil at all times. Stam toons don't need to do that, they can take an incap, dodge roll, vigor, and be ok with their HOT running as a reaction to an attack. Mag cannot and especially not with a Silence.

Options
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StShoot wrote: »
    Yamenstein wrote: »
    I don't get it. Don't sorcs have a 12 sec ult that silences all enemies in it ? And deals damage ?

The only difference is you can't roll out of incap strike and it only affects one person. But also sorc ult affects multiple people and has a higher cost.

How often is incap strike front bared for the regen to be effective? Wouldn't dawnbreaker be more common on front.

Well but you can counter the sorc ult by dodging out or smart movement ( it is still realy strong agaisnt magica chars) you cant do that against incap, stamblade is also one of the classest with the highest burst in the game so yeah that will be fun
    Well... you can dodge incap - it is single target. Also you are no longer stunned by it... so you can just run away... just like you can walk out of negate. Besides - it is only 3 seconds. That is a very small window really. Sometimes server lag is worse than that tbh.

Small note:
    On my stamina characters I run some magicka skills for utility. You know, purge and stuff. Maybe ZOS wants magicka characters to run at least this one stamina skill ? Idk to be honest what they are up to.

Heyo Gang!

My god, sorcs did that again ! Remember the cast time on shields that ZOS proposed some updates ago ? And all mag characters (mostly sorcs since shields) cried so hard that it created an Ocean on Sahara Desert ? Well.... it seems that they did that again. :o

Run away? Please do try this method. How about they just make it so it silences stam abilities to, then the forum stamblades might not like this change as much lmao
    Options
  • ilcavallo
    ilcavallo
    ✭✭✭

I mean other people are going to read this and pick up on the fact that you think stamsorcs use stamina based heals when in fact our burst heal is magicka based.

Which means you probably die a lot to stamsorcs in addition to stamblades because you don't know how to counter them when they're trying to heal.

Then they're going to think you probably really are the type of player that will 100% die after an Incap.
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StShoot wrote: »
    Yamenstein wrote: »
    I don't get it. Don't sorcs have a 12 sec ult that silences all enemies in it ? And deals damage ?

The only difference is you can't roll out of incap strike and it only affects one person. But also sorc ult affects multiple people and has a higher cost.

How often is incap strike front bared for the regen to be effective? Wouldn't dawnbreaker be more common on front.

Well but you can counter the sorc ult by dodging out or smart movement ( it is still realy strong agaisnt magica chars) you cant do that against incap, stamblade is also one of the classest with the highest burst in the game so yeah that will be fun
    Well... you can dodge incap - it is single target. Also you are no longer stunned by it... so you can just run away... just like you can walk out of negate. Besides - it is only 3 seconds. That is a very small window really. Sometimes server lag is worse than that tbh.

Small note:
    On my stamina characters I run some magicka skills for utility. You know, purge and stuff. Maybe ZOS wants magicka characters to run at least this one stamina skill ? Idk to be honest what they are up to.

Heyo Gang!

My god, sorcs did that again ! Remember the cast time on shields that ZOS proposed some updates ago ? And all mag characters (mostly sorcs since shields) cried so hard that it created an Ocean on Sahara Desert ? Well.... it seems that they did that again. :o

Run away? Please do try this method. How about they just make it so it silences stam abilities to, then the forum stamblades might not like this change as much lmao

If they come back with the "counter play" that Silence debuff will now effect all stam/mag abilities and ultimates, I'd love to see how the tone will change.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean other people are going to read this and pick up on the fact that you think stamsorcs use stamina based heals when in fact our burst heal is magicka based.

Which means you probably die a lot to stamsorcs in addition to stamblades because you don't know how to counter them when they're trying to heal.

Then they're going to think you probably really are the type of player that will 100% die after an Incap.

I run a stam sorc. I don't rely on a bursty, unreliable heal to stay alive. Vigor, Rally, and Crit Surge, plus health recovery, are more than enough. Dark Deal is best used for stamina return, not healing. And even then, it is only really good if you can line of sight your opponents.
    Options
  • CritsTheBed
    CritsTheBed
    ✭✭✭✭

Because you think(incorrectly) that dark deal is your burst heal, someone how people are going to agree with you?

Listen, I’ll go even slower for you. Imagine you playing a magicka templar ok? So magicka Templar doesnt have dark deal, that’s a sorcerer skill. How are they supposed to defend themselves after nb ulti? Vigor or rally?? See my point?

We’re talking about balance and you’re making zero sense. You’re trying to insult me. I don’t need to insult you because the entire community can see how little you understand the game XD

Options
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Imagine the irony of calling someone else a bad player
    Options
  • ilcavallo
    ilcavallo
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I run a stam sorc. I don't rely on a bursty, unreliable heal to stay alive. Vigor, Rally, and Crit Surge, plus health recovery, are more than enough. Dark Deal is best used for stamina return, not healing. And even then, it is only really good if you can line of sight your opponents.

Crit surge is expensive. I mean that's a lot of magicka. And I run a DOT build so not really useful.

But that's kind of what I'm getting at though. We have to build around it whereas a lot of magicka based builds somehow think it's the end of the world and they'll 100% die to an Incap with no other options.

They're so dramatic is hilarious.
    Edited by ilcavallo on 8 May 2019 17:28
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forum Sorcs when threatened. :D
    WaterloggedSpiritedIndianspinyloach-size_restricted.gif
    Makes me laugh at the start of pts when they stripped nb of its damage mag sorcs would say adapt even tho a good tanky player was going to be an impossible challenge for nb with out fracture and defile now that stamblade may get silence look at all the mag sorcs is this there idea of adapting lmao 😂
    Options
  • ilcavallo
    ilcavallo
    ✭✭✭

Because you think(incorrectly) that dark deal is your burst heal, someone how people are going to agree with you?

Listen, I’ll go even slower for you. Imagine you playing a magicka templar ok? So magicka Templar doesnt have dark deal, that’s a sorcerer skill. How are they supposed to defend themselves after nb ulti? Vigor or rally?? See my point?

We’re talking about balance and you’re making zero sense. You’re trying to insult me. I don’t need to insult you because the entire community can see how little you understand the game XD

You want to argue with me now over my burst heal? Lol please just stop.
    Options
  • CritsTheBed
    CritsTheBed
    ✭✭✭✭

You want to argue with me now over my burst heal? Lol please just stop.

You main a stamsorc and you think dark deal is your burst heal. You really don’t have to say anything else buddy.

Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forum Sorcs when threatened. :D
    WaterloggedSpiritedIndianspinyloach-size_restricted.gif
    Makes me laugh at the start of pts when they stripped nb of its damage mag sorcs would say adapt even tho a good tanky player was going to be an impossible challenge for nb with out fracture and defile now that stamblade may get silence look at all the mag sorcs is this there idea of adapting lmao 😂

I mean we know by know that you’re drooling over the thought of having a silence because killing players is apparently a challenge for you. Let’s go one step back though. How many classes have or had Major Fracture and Major Defile plus Minor Berserk in their class toolkit?

StamNB and StamWarden. Coincidentally these were and are not the most underperforming specs in PvP. You make it look like the loss of Minor Berserk (compensated with Minor Vulnerability) and Major Fracture (compensated with a unique 5% penetration that stacks with Fracture) took away all damage NB ever had. That’s just not true, especially if you look at the toolkit of the other classes.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

What zos says: We are investigating counter-play options for the silence debuff.
    What I understand: A fully-charged heavy attack now removes silence.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol nightblades creating noise feedback. Go home and let the adults balance your game ;)

The only change is to gut both sustain/silence from the stamina version of incap. Instead give magblade the sustain idea and call it a day. Also get rid of that 5% armor pen; its working on targets in your face even though its supposed to be flanking and no instant based spamable should have that debuff.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options