Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Incapacitating Strike Silence 5.0.3

• Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why dont you remove the silence and add that heal absorption you removed from Ruinous Scythe? Incap is not a spammable althougt its a cheap ulti, I think 3k heal absorption is good enough and serves the purpose of killing while leaving room for counterplay (most burst heals exceed 3k in PvP)

"Make incap something I can burst heal through in 1 GCD." Lol L2P.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Forum Sorcs when threatened. :D
    WaterloggedSpiritedIndianspinyloach-size_restricted.gif

More like every mag player and player that cares about balance in general but keep up your vendetta against magsorcs which renders you blind to see that the silence counters more than magsorcs without counterplay.
    Edited by Sanguinor2 on 8 May 2019 15:17
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not a magsorc thing

This is basic balance issue
    Options
  • EcclesiaFides
    EcclesiaFides
    ✭✭
    Fix is simple: reduce length of silence to 1.5 or 2 seconds and increase the ult threshold to get the silence to like 150 or 200. I like the silence addition (and I play mag) because it fits NBs class theme perfectly (using darkness, fear, and silence...can't think of anymore more nightblade-esque). 1.5 or 2 seconds would give more breathing room for counterplay.

But ya'll - the damn skill is called "Incapacitating Strike". If you remove stun, defile, and silence - how does it in fact incapacitate the target at all? That's all I'm saying. But right now its ultra powerful for ultra low cost so it needs adjustment for sure. I just want it to be given a chance because I think it could work.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rest my case. lmao
    edit - Lighten up this won't make it to live as is.
    Edited by TequilaFire on 8 May 2019 15:18
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fix is simple: reduce length of silence to 1.5 or 2 seconds and increase the ult threshold to get the silence to like 150 or 200. I like the silence addition (and I play mag) because it fits NBs class theme perfectly (using darkness, fear, and silence...can't think of anymore more nightblade-esque). 1.5 or 2 seconds would give more breathing room for counterplay.

But ya'll - the damn skill is called "Incapacitating Strike". If you remove stun, defile, and silence - how does it in fact incapacitate the target at all? That's all I'm saying. But right now its ultra powerful for ultra low cost so it needs adjustment for sure. I just want it to be given a chance because I think it could work.

Incap is a very potent burst ult with its tooltip, the 20percent increased damage debuff alone. May I refer you to empowering sweep? Compare it with in incap and tell me incap without 3 debuffs is weak.

As for the name take a look at reflective plate not very reflective anymore is it? Can easily change incaps name if that is your concern, has been done for other abilities afterall.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TequilaFire

Maybe it’s time to talk about the reason so many NBs seem to perceive Incap as weak - it has to compete with DBoS. I was baffled when I saw this in 5.0.0:
    Fighters Guild
    Dawnbreaker: Increased the delay on the Damage over Time effect to 2 seconds from 1 second. Total duration is now 6 seconds, rather than 5 seconds.
    Dawnbreaker of Smiting (morph): The stun from this ability no longer ranks up from 1.5 seconds to 2.5 seconds; instead, it is a flat 2 seconds at all ranks. This morph now progressively gets stronger in damage as it ranks up instead. This will result in a 5.7% initial hit damage increase, and a 9% Damage over Time portion increase.

However the discussion about it never gained much traction as it was drowned in the Necro and now Incap noise.

I just can’t understand why DBoS has escaped adjustments for so long and gets buffs instead.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @TequilaFire

Maybe it’s time to talk about the reason so many NBs seem to perceive Incap as weak - it has to compete with DBoS. I was baffled when I saw this in 5.0.0:
    Fighters Guild
    Dawnbreaker: Increased the delay on the Damage over Time effect to 2 seconds from 1 second. Total duration is now 6 seconds, rather than 5 seconds.
    Dawnbreaker of Smiting (morph): The stun from this ability no longer ranks up from 1.5 seconds to 2.5 seconds; instead, it is a flat 2 seconds at all ranks. This morph now progressively gets stronger in damage as it ranks up instead. This will result in a 5.7% initial hit damage increase, and a 9% Damage over Time portion increase.

However the discussion about it never gained much traction as it was drowned in the Necro and now Incap noise.

I just can’t understand why DBoS has escaped adjustments for so long and gets buffs instead.

DBOS is available to all and is go to ult of most melee small scalers which of late have heavy influence on class reps and are the most vocal of the PvP crowd.
    I use DBOS on my brawler stamblade as well as my stamplar.

Options
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

We have been reading your feedback about the changes to Incapacitating Strike and are investigating counter-play options for the Silence that's been added to this ability.

Admit the mistake and delete this change. Simple.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you allready know its gona get removed and changed.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TequilaFire

Fighters Guild

DBOS is available to all and is go to ult of most melee small scalers which of late have heavy influence on class reps and are the most vocal of the PvP crowd.

Yes, but do you think then every class ultimate needs the power level of DBoS? I think that’s not a healthy approach.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heyo Gang!

We have been reading your feedback about the changes to Incapacitating Strike and are investigating counter-play options for the Silence that's been added to this ability.

it wasnt a mistake
    they only gona change it because MASS complaints.
    this happens every single time sorcerer gets touched in the SLIGHTEST.
    allways has been, allways will be.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Heyo Gang!

it wasnt a mistake
    they only gona change it because MASS complaints.
    this happens every single time sorcerer gets touched in the SLIGHTEST.
    allways has been, allways will be.

No, they are (hopefully) going to change it because it’s not a well thought out design idea. Besides, why would you care? Archers don’t find a lot of situations for utilizing Incap normally. But I know why the idea of a silence has so much appeal for you. I do remember your suggestions for a NB skill greying out the opponents skills for ten seconds.

Options
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TequilaFire

Fighters Guild

Yes, but do you think then every class ultimate needs the power level of DBoS? I think that’s not a healthy approach.

Class ultimates especially single target ones should be better or be competitive with DBoS. I know you only have mag sorc chars but it actually sucks that DBoS is pretty much the best stamina ultimate with only incap (and every necro ulti) rivaling it. Incap should always be better than DBoS in a 1v1 because DBoS is an AOE ultimate and incap is single target. Not to mention it's a class defining ultimate.

Honestly if they kept the stun at 120 ultimate and just gave the resource return passive incap would be perfectly fine. Whatever the case is though, the silence needs to go otherwise rip magicka builds in open world.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TequilaFire

Fighters Guild

DBOS is a Fighters Guild ultimate so I don't get what you mean.
    Ultimates are meant to be strong and as such have a cost and are not spamable.
    Being a Templar main I don't have the best class ultimates at all.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Forums right now... every one is like "panic mode on" :D .
    Have any one actually tested it on PTS ? How does it work and feel ?

Oh and sorry but... but... I have to... I just have to: :D
    overcome.jpg
    ^ This is literally how I felt some patches ago, and 2 patches ago and last patch. And I was told exactly what. To L2P.
    Are those changes really that bad that ppl simply refuse to even hear of this ????

I wish people have adapted to wings after 5 years...
    Idk why everyone is making a big deal of this. 1 roll dodge takes up most of this time and the rest is barely enough to get 1 hit in. But whatever keep complaining about a good change. You can still block, you can still use pots, you can still roll dodge. You can still have hots on you, you can still have Shields on you.

Mag classes cannot dodge roll and break free. The combo is cloak + fear + incap and there's no mag class able to resist that.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    @TequilaFire

Fighters Guild

Class ultimates especially single target ones should be better or be competitive with DBoS. I know you only have mag sorc chars but it actually sucks that DBoS is pretty much the best stamina ultimate with only incap (and every necro ulti) rivaling it. Incap should always be better than DBoS in a 1v1 because DBoS is an AOE ultimate and incap is single target. Not to mention it's a class defining ultimate.

Honestly if they kept the stun at 120 ultimate and just gave the resource return passive incap would be perfectly fine. Whatever the case is though, the silence needs to go otherwise rip magicka builds in open world.

I do have other characters, but it’s true my /played on magSorc is far greater than on other specs. I do agree Incap should be the better ultimate in a ST scenario - but the issue is that to achieve that you have to add to the already obscene power level DBoS has. I’d say even with the stun on 120 Incap was the weaker ultimate because DBoS is just easier to use as AoE skill.
    Options
  • CritsTheBed
    CritsTheBed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we make magic ults negate stamina heals? No? Do you know why? Because its a terrible idea. Come on devs if this incap goes live all you’ll have in pvp are stamina nightblades. The ones who don’t want to play what you’re forcing them to play (stamina) will just leave the game altogether and that’s a promise.

Who in their right mind would play a magicka templar when you can’t heal after nightblade ulti? Who would play a magicka nightblade when your heals and cloak won’t work after nightblade ulti? Would play a magicka sorcerer when your shields are useless after nightblade ulti? Who would play a magicka warden when your heals are useless after nightblade ulti? Who would play magicka dk when your heals are useless after nightblade ulti? And lastly and more important for $$$ who would play magicka necro when your heals are useless after nightblade ulti?

Redundant to list as such but necessary bc I think you guys need to see how this one change would ruin so many magic based classes. That’s half of your pvp subscribers

Don’t reduce the time of silence for incap, REMOVE IT ALTOGETHER AND FORGET YOU EVER HAD THIS TERRIBLE IDEA.

If you don’t care about balance at least care about the money guys....THE MONEY.
    Options
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    I am also posting here
    Options
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine playing a mag class and not realizing you have Stam as well... People saying you can't dodge roll or block or break free as mag. I don't recall Stam being limited to only Stam builds
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
    Options
  • CritsTheBed
    CritsTheBed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine playing a mag class and not realizing you have Stam as well... People saying you can't dodge roll or block or break free as mag. I don't recall Stam being limited to only Stam builds

Imagine stam not being your main resource and it being limited. Imagine not being able to use a stamina heal after nightblade ulti.

Imagine.
    Options
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    If this Incap change goes live ZOS - I'm 'killing' you - unsub and cancelling Elsweyrr pre-order :(

Brian - you've lost the plot mate.

Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Imagine defending a change that makes the main resource of 50% off the whole pvp population useless for the duration of the debuff and actually think that this is balanced.
    Imagine mag builds being mag builds because they dont run around with 30k+stam.
    Imagine people playing no cp pvp where you have less max stam and dodging and breaking free costs over 4k stam.
    Imagine people not playing in massive zergballs so they actually need enough of their mainstat to sustain, heal and deal damage, well that one wont be a problem with incap changes anymore I guess.

Again if you think this is so wonderfully balanced can we get a mag ult that disables all stam usage? You still have your magicka bar afterall, you can even use magicka to block with an ice staff! You can even get heals by slotting a restoration staff!
    @WatchYourSixx
    Options
  • ilcavallo
    ilcavallo
    ✭✭✭

Exactly. I main a stamsorc with 10k magicka. I'd like to use crit surge and spam ball of lightning but that's a lot of magicka.

These are the worst players on ESO. They couldn't beat a stamblade before the patch and ran to the forums complaining about it. I think it's hilarious.
    Options
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

Imagine defending a change that makes the main resource of 50% off the whole pvp population useless for the duration of the debuff and actually think that this is balanced.
    Imagine mag builds being mag builds because they dont run around with 30k+stam.
    Imagine people playing no cp pvp where you have less max stam and dodging and breaking free costs over 4k stam.
    Imagine people not playing in massive zergballs so they actually need enough of their mainstat to sustain, heal and deal damage, well that one wont be a problem with incap changes anymore I guess.

Again if you think this is so wonderfully balanced can we get a mag ult that disables all stam usage? You still have your magicka bar afterall, you can even use magicka to block with an ice staff! You can even get heals by slotting a restoration staff!
    @WatchYourSixx

Very well said - where is the magicka based ulti that disables all stam abilities? - let's have it Brian - THAT would be balanced.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Options
  • CritsTheBed
    CritsTheBed
    ✭✭✭✭
    ilcavallo wrote: »

Exactly. I main a stamsorc with 10k magicka. I'd like to use crit surge and spam ball of lightning but that's a lot of magicka.

These are the worst players on ESO. They couldn't beat a stamblade before the patch and ran to the forums complaining about it. I think it's hilarious.

You nailed it on the head. You main a stamina based class. You can heal after Incap. Your entire point is pointless in this discussion.
    Options
  • ilcavallo
    ilcavallo
    ✭✭✭
    ilcavallo wrote: »

You nailed it on the head. You main a stamina based class. You can heal after Incap. Your entire point is pointless in this discussion.

Dark deal is a magicka skill. Work on your build. Thanks for playing.
    Edited by ilcavallo on 8 May 2019 16:32
    Options
  • CritsTheBed
    CritsTheBed
    ✭✭✭✭
    We’re not talking utility skills here. We’re talking about healing after an ulti. That’s the entire point of all of this. A stamina based character can pop vigor, rally, aside from their class based stamina heals after incap. You’re not even trying mate.
    Edited by CritsTheBed on 8 May 2019 16:34
    Options
  • ilcavallo
    ilcavallo
    ✭✭✭
    Dark deal? You mean the sorta heal with a cast time? I mean you’re not even trying mate.

RIP English
    Options