Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WRONG FEEDBACK SOURCE Streamers don't represent most players

• Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    Seems like ZoS picked a reasonable balance of representation for PvE and PvP. I am sure Fengrush will call for more Templar nerfs though, guy can't stand them healing through his DPS.

Tbh neither can i.

I hate the whole aspect of smart healing in pvp.

I'm glad they didn't send you then ;)

There's nothing worse than tossing out a BoL or HtD that I desperately need and it goes straight to the dying pug that happened to be in my line of sight.
    Options
  • neville_bart0s
    neville_bart0s
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]

ZOS are doing the right thing, they are getting some people that can play the game and also string together a sentence and they are getting them to play the battlegrounds and test it out. They'll go to ZOS, they'll play some games they'll give some feedback and then they'll go home.

[edited to remove inappropriate comment]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on 8 February 2017 22:56
    Options
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    most of those op godlike ppl. all they wanna do is trash n00bs and *** their arses so badly that they feel like crying and quit the game. not play competive pvp.

> competive means when your targets have near equal chances to win you. not zero or 10%
    Options
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends on how ZoS handles it. Clearly most streamers are knowledgeable about the game and can provide valuable input. However, many of these streamers want to influence the game philosophy to fit their own personal egos or playstyles which is not healthy for the game in the long run.

A game designed to cater to elites ends up only being played by elites. Keeping the game as casual friendly as possible allows new players to come in an enjoy the game. Keeping the game grind free allows players that may have left to try out other games to return without falling to far behind.

Maintaining a healthy player population as a well as a fun and compelling environment is paramount to the long term health of PvP in the game imho. As long as ZoS sticks to their philosophy for PvP that created the success that it is in the first place then all should be fine

Edited by Sureshawt on 8 February 2017 22:16
    Options
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sureshawt wrote: »
    It depends on how ZoS handles it. Clearly most streamers are knowledgeable about the game and can provide valuable input. However, many of these streamers want to influence the game philosophy to fit their own personal egos or playstyles which is not healthy for the game in the long run.

A game designed to cater to elites ends up only being played by elites. Keeping the game as casual friendly as possible allows new players to come in an enjoy the game. Keeping the game grind free allows players that may have left to try out other games to return without falling to far behind.

Maintaining a healthy player population as a well as a fun and compelling environment is paramount to the long term health of PvP in the game imho.

well said there.

Options
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Maintaining a healthy player population as a well as a fun and compelling environment is paramount to the long term health of PvP in the game imho. As long as ZoS sticks to their philosophy for PvP that created the success that it is in the first place then all should be fine

I agree with most of what you have said fully.

Where I diverge from you is with your statement that ZoS should stick ti their philosophy for PvP that "created the success that it is".

It isn't a success:
    1. The last patch gutted several PvE builds simply because PvPers whine about them.
    2. The forums are full, pretty much every day, of posters complaining about the poor state of PvP - we have, based on industry averages at which appox 20% of players engage with PvP regularly, 20% of players responsible for close to 50% of the whines and complaints.
    3. If PvP in its current form were the success you claim there would be no need to introduce Battlegrounds.

I was in Cyrodiil (farming shard and delves) the other day, weekend EU peak play times, for approx 6 hours - and I saw just 6 people, and one of those was the same faction as me. There was a group of 4 DC players heading through Delves as well, one tried to gank me because I was alone, so I burned 3 of them down and the last guy got me. That led to them fleeing the Delve before I could call for reinforcements, not that I would have done. If he hadn't tried to gank me I would've left them well alone and gone about my way. For the next three hours I saw no one, and then I saw the group of 4 again, but this time they had another player with them - I assume they didn't see me as they never came after me.

There is nothing "healthy" about Cyrodiil.

The best thing they could do is create a PvE instance of Cyrodil, so PvE player could see the content, get the shards and play the Delves in peace. And the PvPers wouldn't have to put up with noobs who don't know what they are doing. Of course that would mean less and less "easy kills" for the PvP stalwarts - so it wouldn't go down too well afterall.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where I diverge from you is with your statement that ZoS should stick ti their philosophy for PvP that "created the success that it is".

It isn't a success:
    1. The last patch gutted several PvE builds simply because PvPers whine about them.
    2. The forums are full, pretty much every day, of posters complaining about the poor state of PvP - we have, based on industry averages at which appox 20% of players engage with PvP regularly, 20% of players responsible for close to 50% of the whines and complaints.
    3. If PvP in its current form were the success you claim there would be no need to introduce Battlegrounds.

I was in Cyrodiil (farming shard and delves) the other day, weekend EU peak play times, for approx 6 hours - and I saw just 6 people, and one of those was the same faction as me. There was a group of 4 DC players heading through Delves as well, one tried to gank me because I was alone, so I burned 3 of them down and the last guy got me. That led to them fleeing the Delve before I could call for reinforcements, not that I would have done. If he hadn't tried to gank me I would've left them well alone and gone about my way. For the next three hours I saw no one, and then I saw the group of 4 again, but this time they had another player with them - I assume they didn't see me as they never came after me.

The best thing they could do is create a PvE instance of Cyrodil, so PvE player could see the content, get the shards and play the Delves in peace. And the PvPers wouldn't have to put up with noobs who don't know what they are doing. Of course that would mean less and less "easy kills" for the PvP stalwarts - so it wouldn't go down too well afterall.

All The Best

again with this 20% stuff. "baed on industry standards"

where are these industry standards? where do you get this from?
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Incoming promotional streams about Morrowind stating how they are much, much, much, much more than just a DLC re-branded as an expansion chapter
    Options
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All The Best

Here we go.

7aba9d10c31172ef38f96d61ef802289.jpg
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • VelociousLegend
    VelociousLegend
    ✭✭✭

Those invited have good reach into the community. Like them or not, many of us view their streams or watch their YouTube videos. Having a small closed test group prior to a public test (PTS) is a smart plan on ZOS's part. No need to get salty just because you or your favorite ESO celebrity didn't get invited. Not everyone can go.
    [SNIp]

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on 9 February 2017 13:45
    Xbox - NA
    GT: VelociousLegend
    PC - NA
    @VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well the titel near right, the wrong soruce is wrobel
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there any chance you'll point out how bad magplar solo pvp will be now that we lost the blazing spear cc? It would also be awesome if you could point out how worthless a disorient is (luminous shards) on a class that uses multiple dots to buff up (reflective light & entropy).

Thanks,

A biased/non-jealous solo magplar

no offence, mplare doesnt Need a stun, such us mdk doesnt Need a execute or a sorc a heal.
    no class should have anything nor should be the same.

you know how mdk sux in solo pvp without a execute?

and btw, you could still use vulcanic rune, its most likly the exact same skill, it just doesnt has the stam syn, but as you Play solo you dont Need it
    Edited by BuggeX on 8 February 2017 22:53
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »

I explained it once already.

If you didn't understand it then, doing so again will not help any further.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »

I explained it once already.

If you didn't understand it then, doing so again will not help any further.

All The Best

never saw it. can you point to the comment you discussed it??
    Options
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭

It isn't a success:

All The Best

I base my assessment on what I actually see and experience in Cyrodil and not the forum. Forums are generally far more negative as it is more common for players to post a complaint then a compliment.

If Cyrodil was a failure then my campaign would be empty yet I have to wait in a queue just to get in.

If balance was a total failure everyone would be running the same class/build yet I never have a problem filling all class bounty quests and face a variety of class builds as well.

Based on what I see and experience in Cyrodil it is absolutely a success by any objective measure. However, that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement as one can always build on the foundation of a success.

Edit: I'm aware that some campaigns are sparsely populated but that is player preference for rule sets and not an overall indictment of Cyrodil PvP.

Edited by Sureshawt on 8 February 2017 23:30
    Options
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on what I see and experience in Cyrodil it is absolutely a success by any objective measure.

1j99a4.gif

- Soul crushing lag throughout 2015

- One active / competitive vet campaign on both flagship servers

- No mention of Cyrodiil as one of the Top 10 reasons to play, published by Zenimax

- 6+ months to fix Nirnhoned mitigation bug, reported on PTS

- Soul crushing lag throughout 2016

- Cheat Engine fiasco

- Proc Sets / Destro Ulit / Stacking Poisons / Gap Close Snare and countless other examples of casualization

- Doors that still don't work (ZOS removed every non-essential door in response)

- Soul crushing lag throughout 2017

- Removal of deer and fireflies in fruitless effort to address said lag

- (Ongoing) Insistence on AoE caps despite the obvious and abundant additional calculations that contribute to said lag

- Miat fiasco

- Embarrassingly empty Imperial City, ESO's only "PvP DLC"

- 6+ months to fix Malubeth

- A stupid amount of bugs

- An even stupider amount of bugs that are shown to ZOS on the PTS and still make it to live servers

- Lack of competence to balance dynamic ultimate regen results in 2+ years of static ultimate regen (ongoing)

- 6+ months for ZOS to acknowledge the overperformance of Radiant Destruction

I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton. My sincere apologies @Sureshawt
    Options
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »

Is there any chance you'll point out how bad magplar solo pvp will be now that we lost the blazing spear cc? It would also be awesome if you could point out how worthless a disorient is (luminous shards) on a class that uses multiple dots to buff up (reflective light & entropy).

Thanks,

no offence, mplare doesnt Need a stun, such us mdk doesnt Need a execute or a sorc a heal.

and btw, you could still use vulcanic rune, its most likly the exact same skill, it just doesnt has the stam syn, but as you Play solo you dont Need it

1. Every class needs a cc. It's the the only way to burst a opponent or stop an opponents pressure, assuming that opponent is a good player.
    2. Volcanic rune is a pathetic replacement for a core skill needed to defend Wrobel's vision of the templar house. It is telegraphed like blazing spear, but the rune takes a moment to appear on the ground. Blazing spear gave templars access to a passive in the Aedric Spear skill line that allows templars to block 10% more physical damage. Blazing spear also procs burning light. Most importantly, blazing spear is a much more effective cc than volcanic rune when fighting/kiting multiple opponents.
    3. No offense, but ignorance is no excuse to spout off about a topic that you know little about.
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It isn't a success:

All The Best

I base my assessment on what I actually see and experience in Cyrodil and not the forum. Forums are generally far more negative as it is more common for players to post a complaint then a compliment.

If Cyrodil was a failure then my campaign would be empty yet I have to wait in a queue just to get in.

If balance was a total failure everyone would be running the same class/build yet I never have a problem filling all class bounty quests and face a variety of class builds as well.

Based on what I see and experience in Cyrodil it is absolutely a success by any objective measure. However, that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement as one can always build on the foundation of a success.

Edit: I'm aware that some campaigns are sparsely populated but that is player preference for rule sets and not an overall indictment of Cyrodil PvP.

EU has 3 campaigns left. Azura TF and Haderus.

Haderus has not even 200 ppls on the leaderboard including all 3 allys.

Azura AD Pop is gone, noone knows where they gone, i still search them since i like non CP. prolly arround 600 -700 Players.

TF, legfest pure. prolly 800 Players.

considering the Ap Close end to the campaing of azura and TF, just 60 per ally Play on a daylie Basis pvp.

haderus mby has 30, damn lets give them 40.

so each ally has about 160 pvp Players that Play pvp daylie and much.

now explain aigan how cyrodiil is a succees
    Edited by BuggeX on 9 February 2017 00:19
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks,

1. Every class needs a cc. It's the the only way to burst a opponent or stop an opponents pressure, assuming that opponent is a good player.
    2. Volcanic rune is a pathetic replacement for a core skill needed to defend Wrobel's vision of the templar house. It is telegraphed like blazing spear, but the rune takes a moment to appear on the ground. Blazing spear gave templars access to a passive in the Aedric Spear skill line that allows templars to block 10% more physical damage. Blazing spear also procs burning light. Most importantly, blazing spear is a much more effective cc than volcanic rune when fighting/kiting multiple opponents.
    3. No offense, but ignorance is no excuse to spout off about a topic that you know little about.

huehueheu

any class Needs axecute. to execute said ppls that are low health and Needs to be finished before they can purg all dmg or shild them up to 30k shilds.

oh wait

blazing spear where broken. any tick could stun you, also while roll doging or weapon swaping.

btw there is also javelin
    Edited by BuggeX on 9 February 2017 00:30
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    eso pvp is dying because elite raids farm the bug omfg monster raids. eso pvp is dying because single burst dmg build soloes 10-20 ppl. eso pvp is dying because wannabe superstars make everyone else look bad. then ofc the nonsense drama doesnt really help either. so here we wonder, if these elites are gonna make eso pvp any better no..? no, answer is no, because they dont care. all they care about is that do they look cool as *** when *** hits the fan.
    Options
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks,

huehueheu

any class Needs axecute. to execute said ppls that are low health and Needs to be finished before they can purg all dmg or shild them up to 30k shilds.

oh wait

blazing spear where broken. any tick could stun you, also while roll doging or weapon swaping.

1. False. Ive solo'ed without radiant as often as I have. CC then burst. It's that simple.
    2. False. Blazing spear cc's one player on impact given that player is in the cc radius, is not CC immune, and not blocking. It will go through dodge roll which is what makes it superior to aroura javelin.

Class dismissed.
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks,

huehueheu

oh wait

1. False. Ive solo'ed without radiant as often as I have. CC then burst. It's that simple.
    2. False. Blazing spear cc's one player on impact given that player is in the cc radius, is not CC immune, and not blocking. It will go through dodge roll which is what makes it superior to aroura javelin.

Class dismissed.

as i said, it was broken. the Impact doesnt stun if you block at this time. the next possible tick once you releas block (on weapon swap or rolldoge) you will be stunned no matter what.

and i also said you still have cc. you Need a cc? you have plenty cc.
    i still dont have Access to any execute beside ultis or a weed proced noodle
    Edited by BuggeX on 9 February 2017 00:47
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As iv'e already said in another post, i would much rather let syoher or deltia make changes to this game than the first dude around, because they a\have much more knowledge of the game, and knows how things work, i said it, i got a lot of *** for it, and i will say it again. this is just jelousy.
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    As iv'e already said in another post, i would much rather let syoher or deltia make changes to this game than the first dude around, because they a\have much more knowledge of the game, and knows how things work, i said it, i got a lot of *** for it, and i will say it again. this is just jelousy.

so we wouldnt have aoe cap and a single Player could wipe wiht aos 40 pugs heading from sejanus to brk.

nice
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »

so we wouldnt have aoe cap and a single Player could wipe wiht aos 40 pugs heading from sejanus to brk.

nice

removing aoe caps would incentivize not standing too closely, do you know what happens when too many player stay too close to each other, lagg, yes, one of the main reasons why there is lagg it's because of zergs.
    removing aoe caps would allow player to run in small group or solo, other than just zerg, and also, even if you are a monstrous player, you still will not kill a zerg alone.
    Edited by JinMori on 9 February 2017 01:05
    Options
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks,

huehueheu

oh wait

Class dismissed.

as i said, it was broken. the Impact doesnt stun if you block at this time. the next possible tick once you releas block (on weapon swap or rolldoge) you will be stunned no matter what.

and i also said you still have cc. you Need a cc? you have plenty cc.
    i still dont have Access to any execute beside ultis or a weed proced noodle

You should probably take a look at sypher latest video on magicka dk, and magicka dk doesn't need an execute that would make them op as ***.
    Options
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks,

huehueheu

oh wait

Class dismissed.

It was not broken. You obviously don't know how to block or move out of a red circle. I don't remember the last time someone actually cc'ed me with blazing spear. If you can't manage to do either of those 2 things, then it's a you problem, not a blazing spear problem.
    Options
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny how people have no clue what they are talking about. One guy said PVP is a great success and zos should stick to their philosophy that made it great. No pvp is not great and all i gotta say is, i would like to smoke what you are smoking because it is obviously very good. Also that they are going to fill their play style agendas for the elite players? lmao the people that got invited play and know all characters. Nice conspiracy theory there, these streamers care more about the game than all of you people just talking smack and flat out nonsense.
    Edited by Kalante on 9 February 2017 01:23
    Options
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »
    It's funny how people have no clue what they are talking about. One guy said PVP is a great success and zos should stick to their philosophy that made it great. No pvp is not great and all i gotta say is, i would like to smoke what you are smoking because it is obviously very good. Also that they are going to fill their play style agendas for the elite players? lmao the people that got invited play and know all characters. Nice conspiracy theory there, these streamers care more about the game than all of you people just talking smack and flat out nonsense.

450.jpg
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
    Options
This discussion has been closed.