Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WRONG FEEDBACK SOURCE Streamers don't represent most players

• Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *grabs popcorn and a cold one.

This thread was devolved from the start but it's gotten really entertaining today.

Indeed, my friend. Just sit back and enjoy the show B)
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    LoL. Is this a joke? Zos has been bending over backwards since the very beginning to accommodate "casual PvPers". Shield breaker set is about as casual as it gets. Same with Viscious Death. Proc sets that deal damage for players? Casual. AoE caps? Casual. Zerg-friendly meta? Casual. Breath of Life spamming templars? Casual. CP system making resource management trivial? Casual. Desto ultimate getting kills even while being a terrible player? Casual. Gap-closer auto snare? Casual. Removal of ground oils? Casual. Battle Spirit mechanic? Casual

And still only approximately 20% of players bother with PvP.

So they are still not getting it right, and further investment is probably money down the drain.

All The Best

stop throwing out random percentages. You have nothing to base them on. Just stop.

On PS4 it's only 12.1% so you're a bit off with 20%

there's achievements you can base the random numbers on. Like .3% of players beat Maelstrom and they won't do anything about it. That's right. Not 3%. You read that right .3%

Point 3 percent and they think there's no problem there. Maybe it's more on PC and Xbox IDK?
    It's not a good idea to look on plain percentage number, you need a little math here:

Get actual percentage of players who actually have Wrothgar using "Kingmaker" trophy, then make calculation like this: "Maelstrom Arena Conqueror"*(100/"Kingmaker") ≈ % of players who had access to maelstrom but didn't make it on vet difficulty(i didn't, i've just dropped it on last boss cause f it :smile: )
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on 8 February 2017 16:31
    Options
  • Riga_Mortis
    Riga_Mortis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading the posts about the streamers who got invited, were any actually from consoles, or all PC players?
    XBOX 1X
    GT - TAGNUTZ
    Options
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You say you wait for the right moment when people are around to use it which is tactical. But any skill that where you can just press a button and kill everyone is not tactical. It is the "i win" button. The casual button.

Destro Utli (EotS) 32.5k damage over a period of time, has no stun, and no movement penalty.

Ice Comet does a total of 42k damage, with 9.5k on the initial hit, but then stuns for 2 seconds (guaranteeing more damage) and then reduces movement speed by 50% for 8 seconds (making even more damage likely).

A player has no reason to be stuck in the Destro Ultimate's effects, a player may be forced to remain in the Ice Comet effects.

And people hurl insults at players who use Destro Ulti and cliam it is an I Win button.

I think Ice Comet is far more dangerous that Destro Ulti.

I just don't get it.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
    Options
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, you're super jaded against in game accomplishment and skill. Wow...

FYI the three players meeting with ZOS have been around since beta, are more knowledgeable than 99% of the community, have excelled in all spheres of the game, love the game, and have its best interest at heart.

Do you have better suggestions for candidates to attend these meetings?

Keep in mind that we don't seek to elect average citizens to govern our countries. We seek to elect the smartest and best qualified and most well-intentioned.

If you do not, your point is invalid.

One word - 'Murica.
    The Legendary Nothing
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You say you wait for the right moment when people are around to use it which is tactical. But any skill that where you can just press a button and kill everyone is not tactical. It is the "i win" button. The casual button.

Destro Utli (EotS) 32.5k damage over a period of time, has no stun, and no movement penalty.

Ice Comet does a total of 42k damage, with 9.5k on the initial hit, but then stuns for 2 seconds (guaranteeing more damage) and then reduces movement speed by 50% for 8 seconds (making even more damage likely).

A player has no reason to be stuck in the Destro Ultimate's effects, a player may be forced to remain in the Ice Comet effects.

And people hurl insults at players who use Destro Ulti and cliam it is an I Win button.

I just don't get it.

All The Best

haha ice comet is a joke. shrug that off in every single build no issue.
    Options
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just don't get it.

All The Best

2 reasons:

1. Destro ulti goes through block. Ice comet does not.
    2. Destro ulti has a radius of 28m while ice comet has an 8-12m radius. (Not sure on the exact numbers but the point is the destro ulti covers a lot more area.)
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just don't get it.

All The Best

2 reasons:

2. Destro ulti has a radius of 28m while ice comet has an 8-12m radius. (Not sure on the exact numbers but the point is the destro ulti covers a lot more area.)

3. Only plebs stay in a meteor dot...
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just don't get it.

All The Best

2 reasons:

+1
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just don't get it.

All The Best

2 reasons:

well idk. sometimes i stand in it just cause. haha.
    Options
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that we don't seek to elect average citizens to govern our countries. We seek to elect the smartest and best qualified and most well-intentioned.

Forget being smart and qualified, having a mean clothesline is a must

1j89im.gif
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desto ultimate getting kills even while being a terrible player?

For the record if someone use a Destro ultimate at the point they have people around them to target and they get kills that makes them a good player - they used the skill at the tactically appropriate time.

The terrible player is the fool who gets killed by a Destro ultimate.

Let me give you a hint - don't stand in it.

All The Best

brk1kbs_zps6lxmmlso.jpg

"Skill". LOL, it's a joke. For you to say it takes a fool to get killed by destro ult just demonstrates that you have zero clue about PvP and is precisely who ZoS should not be listening to
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    brk1kbs_zps6lxmmlso.jpg

Rest in Peace Ferruus. Poor guy died twice 1.0

For the record, I have killed and have been killed by the Destro Ult in 1v1s inside of Cyrodiil. Never was salty one bit. Especially the guy who used his on me yesterday did it in a thoughtful way.
    Options
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not taking sides but I think people are making too big of a deal about this. About 4 years ago, I got into one of these types of marketing focus groups for an equipment manufacture. It’s actually more work than most would think. Out of thousands of people who purchase their equipment they only selected us 200. We had to sign a NDA to get in and then there was things they want us to test along with every detailed feedback forms we had to fill out. They gave us a few free consumables that the equipment required to function and we got test and keep a lot of the beta software they were working on.

After about six months they fractioned the group off to their top 100 feedback contributors for the second phase. In there those of us who make in tested a lot other tech they didn’t not want the general public know about. Some of the top 10-20 even got experimental hardware sent to them; of which they couldn’t even talk to us second phase about. There was locked forum just for those people to post in; inside an already hidden forum the company setup.

At one point, I ended being one of the few who were invited to come to the company HQ to talk about which projects we used their equipment on; but I declined because I had too many personal things going on at the time to attend. I also have been in real closed betas and alpha testing for video games (not those promotion “betas” or “alphas”) how you get into these is usually a bit of luck and a lot of constructive feedback. Plus, you have to willing to do a lot of testing and filling out reports that can take more than an hour to complete.
    Options
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From personal observation, the game has over the years since its release catered more to making things more casual. Even with "listening to the community" they only did what a major group of complainers complained about, which were trivial things at best, and the real issues that others were trying to tell them about were ignored.

I'd agree with that.

But then the audience demographic for this type of game has become increasingly "casual" even in the last few years.

With limited resources MMO companies are somewhat forced to spend those resources in a manner that delivers the most bang for the buck.

Wildstar thought there was a market for a more "hardcore" style of game and launched with exactly that attitude and within 12 months was having to make the game more casual friendly because there just aren't enough hardcore players to make such a game economically viable. Reading around various industry website it seems many people see Wildstar as the prime candidate for closing its doors this year - which would be a shame IMO, it is a very different game-world to many MMORPGs and that is a good thing.

All The Best

I think it was also because of the graphics, everquest could be easily considered hardcore and its still going after all these years, I have seen mmorpgs do better when they focus on specific crowds then anything else, however I think they should be balanced around solo and group gameplay better instead of one over the other.
    Options
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm I just made the exact same statement in another post. Obviously not as in depth.

The game should be balanced around the majority, not the minority.
    Options
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well considering ZOS spent 5 million dollars on a tacky 30-second kommurshal during the Super-Bowl only to have players invisible in Cyrodiil two days after - my money goes on this meeting is PR BS.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
    Options
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Skill". LOL, it's a joke. For you to say it takes a fool to get killed by destro ult just demonstrates that you have zero clue about PvP and is precisely who ZoS should not be listening to

I never said anything about "skill".

I said "tactically appropriate" and your little picture showing a lot of people who don't know how to roll-dodge "out of the red" doesn't change that fact.

Heck even some random dungeon trash-mobs have enough sense to get away from it.

All The Best

Options
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    From personal observation, the game has over the years since its release catered more to making things more casual. Even with "listening to the community" they only did what a major group of complainers complained about, which were trivial things at best, and the real issues that others were trying to tell them about were ignored.

I'd agree with that.

But then the audience demographic for this type of game has become increasingly "casual" even in the last few years.

With limited resources MMO companies are somewhat forced to spend those resources in a manner that delivers the most bang for the buck.

Wildstar thought there was a market for a more "hardcore" style of game and launched with exactly that attitude and within 12 months was having to make the game more casual friendly because there just aren't enough hardcore players to make such a game economically viable. Reading around various industry website it seems many people see Wildstar as the prime candidate for closing its doors this year - which would be a shame IMO, it is a very different game-world to many MMORPGs and that is a good thing.

All The Best

I think it was also because of the graphics, everquest could be easily considered hardcore and its still going after all these years, I have seen mmorpgs do better when they focus on specific crowds then anything else, however I think they should be balanced around solo and group gameplay better instead of one over the other.

I think you have a point about the graphics, like WoW's graphics some people will put up with them, some won't. When Wildstar launched I was in a guild of over 50 players who all took a break from LOTRO to form a Guild in WS. Over the course of the first 12 months that dwindled away to less than 20 of the original members, I know quite a few who left because of the "hardcore" elements at end-game, I don't personally know anyone who left because of the graphics, some also left because of the Crafting system which varied between quaintly innovative and utterly soul crushing, depending on your RNG luck.

All The Best
    Options
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope they invited players that represent all different perspectives, assuming they will take any of their feedback into consideration.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alexkdd99 wrote: »
    Hmm I just made the exact same statement in another post. Obviously not as in depth.

The game should be balanced around the majority, not the minority.

please, tell us who is the majority and whose is the minority??

where do you get this info? where are your numbers? etc.
    Options
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's all take a deep breath and be honest with yourselves. This is all about your egos, and the 'elite' eso community who actually thinks they are more important than everyone else are upset that others were invited and not them.

News flash, zos doesn't want socially awkward mmo gamers at their office.
    Options
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    Let's all take a deep breath and be honest with yourselves. This is all about your egos, and the 'elite' eso community who actually thinks they are more important than everyone else are upset that others were invited and not them.

News flash, zos doesn't want socially awkward mmo gamers at their office.

Wait, isn't their office already full of socially awkward mmo gamers?
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what those youtubers and streamers are saying does not represent me nor my friends nor my guildmates nor people in zone chats opinions.
    those are bias opinions of those utubers and streamers alone and that is just Wrong!
    Options
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I want my friends, good players, to stop leaving the game because it is always moving in inexplicable directions by a company that seems completely ALOOF to feedback while the game becomes more and more synonymous with these celebrity players that are surrounded by, if not themselves, the most cancerous toxic members of the game."
    While I won't attribute to jealousy, can you be sure that all of those people are leaving for the same reason?
    Yes. Definitely. These are real friends, some met in-game and some before, but I know them outside of the game, we talk by phone and they were all as explicit and emphatic as I have been on the reasons they left.

I remember my dad, who is still alive at a very old age, talking about how when you reach a certain age everyone starts dying and all you do is go to funerals.

That's a lot how playing this video game since launch feels.
    Options
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like ZoS picked a reasonable balance of representation for PvE and PvP. I am sure Fengrush will call for more Templar nerfs though, guy can't stand them healing through his DPS.
    Options
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oompuh wrote: »
    The fact of that matter is they have Streamers, Youtubers, Hardcore PvE'rs like members of Hodor and Mundus, and PvPr's and other notable names. They know their names, we know their names, they're not just gonna ask random people who play their game to COME ON DOWN like this is the Price is Right or something.
    Then why bother with the forums? Why even have them?
    Why even have the feedback button in the game?

If you think I'm suggesting they should have selected different people to physically travel to Maryland to give feedback, you've wildly misunderstood my meaning. Nobody needed to go.

They have multiple mechanisms for feedback that they ALREADY IGNORE, while pandering to this elite community so they can get free advertising.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

Let's be real about the relationship between these members and Zos. It is a symbiotic relationship where these people use the game to try to gain personal fame and in some cases income, and in exchange Zos gets free advertising in the process.

And that's 100% okay. But they don't need to pander to them. The symbiotic relationship would exist without it.

ZoS doesn't ignore feedback at all. Sometimes I think they take too much action on feedback, especially from certain streamers. ZoS listens to multiple avenues of feedback and the trip to HQ is just another. I think they picked a solid balanced group of people for it honestly. This is a very different type of feedback they are looking for as well. They are looking for feedback on new content and System before it's seen by the public.

People are making far too much of this.
    Options
  • willlienellson
    willlienellson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI the three players meeting with ZOS have been around since beta, are more knowledgeable than 99% of the community, have excelled in all spheres of the game, love the game, and have its best interest at heart.

Do you have better suggestions for candidates to attend these meetings?
    There is so much wrong with this post...

How do you know they "have its best interest at heart"? You don't. I don't know their motivations either. How could we?

As I've replied to about a dozen people, I don't need to suggest alternative candidates. There need be NO CANDIDATES.
    There are many mechanisms for player feedback that are totally pointless and almost completely ignored. I suspect you and the others I had to write this to didn't make to the end of the post when I wrote,
    "The resources were used to have this elite youtube gathering session at Zenimax would have been better spent reading the forums, selecting a few issues with broad community consensus, and then having an internal meeting on how to best address those concerns. But that's too much to hope for."

If you do not, your point is invalid.
    If I do not WHAT, my point is invalid? Vote for the smartest and best? lol

Nobody voted. That's the point. You actually just made my point for me. You are talking about how we always try to elect the smartest and best people to represent us, except in this case....our DIRECT LINES OF COMMUNICATION are constantly ignored and our representatives were selected(not elected) based on marketing value.
    Edited by willlienellson on 8 February 2017 21:00
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    Seems like ZoS picked a reasonable balance of representation for PvE and PvP. I am sure Fengrush will call for more Templar nerfs though, guy can't stand them healing through his DPS.

Tbh neither can i.

I hate the whole aspect of smart healing in pvp.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • AtAfternoon
    AtAfternoon
    ✭✭✭
    I can see where OP is coming from but I have a hard time believing that the people invited are expected to represent the community as a whole. If they did then they probably would have done something like the Division and allow people to fill out a form and decide who gets invited based on those.

Still, assume people have been invited to form a focus group, and let us also assume it will lead to noticeable balance changes. If it's bad changes then people will be vocal about it once the PTS cycle starts.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.