Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right. So, to summarize for anyone looking to do future bugfixes:

The following books, as of 9 August 2023, are in quest-only locations that you cannot re-enter unless grouped with a person who is at the correct quest stage - 1 from "Firesong", 2 from "Necrom":

(Archipelago Books and Almanacs)
    Arnoit and Lisette: The Truth (Castle Mornard Library, Vastyr, Galen)

(Apocryphal Pages)
    Chronicle of Apocrypha (Cipher's Hall, Cipher's Midden, Apocrypha)
    Cipher Akacirn's Journal (Cipher Akacirn's Study, Quires Wind (delve), Apocrypha)

(It is possible, but annoying, to get these books by grouping up with someone who is in the same, very brief quest stage, since the relevant areas all open and then close within the course of the same quest. In the case of "Necrom", the relevant areas could productively remain open after the quest: in the case of Castle Mornard Library in Galen, this could also be done, OR the book could be added to Random Bookshelves in Galen, or both.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And the following books, as of 9 August 2023, all six from "Necrom", are currently not appearing at all in the game anywhere:

(Telvanni Tomes):
    Closed By Order of the Abbot
    Communications Between Nilphas and Thoryn
    Survey of the Alavelis Mine

(Apocryphal Pages)
    Ilasaba's Excuses
    Onri Murien's Hidden Wishes
    Zeirinia's Silent Admission
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    Right. So, to summarize for anyone looking to do future bugfixes:

The following books, as of 9 August 2023, are in quest-only locations that you cannot re-enter unless grouped with a person who is at the correct quest stage - (skip)

For anyone looking to do future bugfixes: since most of these locations are still accessible if you group up with someone post-quest, and nothing bad happens, looks like the better option would be to just have them freely accessible post-quest.

• tumba
    tumba
    Dont know if someone have mentioned it before and i missed it but where can i find Challenge of the Paramount ?
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumba wrote: »
    Dont know if someone have mentioned it before and i missed it but where can i find Challenge of the Paramount ?

No one has ever found it yet.
  • tumba
    tumba
    tumba wrote: »

No one has ever found it yet.

i was afraid of that :/
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone happen still to have the Akacirn quest on PC EU and kind enough to help out?
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Altyrann wrote: »
    Anyone happen still to have the Akacirn quest on PC EU and kind enough to help out?

Well i can but better if you type to me on Discord generaleu
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »

Many thanks for the offer, but happened to find a kind soul in the delve just now
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

Many thanks for the offer, but happened to find a kind soul in the delve just now

That was fast
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That was fast

Not really, just happened to coincide with nearly giving up on finding someone online and trying here!
  • BradTheNord
    BradTheNord
    ✭✭
    Hello can anyone help me I don’t know if my games broken or not but I can’t seem to find “Arboreal Architecture” anywhere I know the book is found on bookshelves throughout Malabal Tor, Alik’r desert & Eastmarch but I have been looking for weeks now and the book won’t pop on any bookshelves no matter how many I have done I’m really
    Struggling.
  • Tobyja
    Tobyja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello can anyone help me I don’t know if my games broken or not but I can’t seem to find “Arboreal Architecture” anywhere I know the book is found on bookshelves throughout Malabal Tor, Alik’r desert & Eastmarch but I have been looking for weeks now and the book won’t pop on any bookshelves no matter how many I have done I’m really
    Struggling.

Hi, i play the german version (PC EU) and saw this book today in a bookshelf in the town hall/east of Velyn Harbor/Malabal Tor.
    In the small one straight in the middle.
    wt0syi29n6dt.jpg

Don't know if all shelfs changes their content or when. But you should be able to find it.
    Good luck.
    "Am Beginn einer jeden Katastrophe steht eine Vermutung."
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NECROM

General

Updated multiple issues with books in the zone not being in the proper collection, being unobtainable, or otherwise having visual issues.

... And the hunt is on.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the U39 patch, my Apocryphal pages collection is cut by 6 books.
    Before, I only needed 3 books, now I'm missing 9. And I'm sure that the books that are now missing I had already known, such as "The Never-Woven" during the Azandar quests.
    I do not know if these books are still available
    Edited by Rishikesa108 on 21 August 2023 16:20
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the U39 patch, my Apocryphal pages collection is cut by 6 books.
    Before, I only needed 3 books, now I'm missing 9. And I'm sure that the books that are now missing I had already known, such as "The Never-Woven" during the Azandar quests.
    I do not know if these books are still available

6 books went from the Telvanni Tomes section into the Apocryphal Pages section.

I got 4 additional unread books, two of which were read previously (The Never-Woven and Song of Fate), but at least two others just weren't on the list before (I keep a list of all of them, and I didn't do the associated quests yet):

The Never-Woven
    Song of Fate
    (N) The Curse of Blackscale Island
    (N) Uluscant's Manifesto

Edit: Checking the locations online, looks like all of other three are from The Disquiet Study delve.
    Edited by MreeBiPolar on 21 August 2023 17:15
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Tomes of Tributes:
    22 I needed

Apocryphal Pages:

Chronicle of Apocrypha
    Cipher Akacirn's Journal
    Ilasaba's Excuses
    Onri Murien's Hidden Wishes
    The Curse of Blackscale Island
    Zeirinia's Silent Admission

Telvanni Tomes:
    Closed By Order of the Abbot
    Communications Between Nilphas and Thoryn
    Edited by Holger30 on 24 August 2023 13:21
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you already did the quests, now The Never-Woven and The Curse of Blackscale Island are no more available, so now our list of bugged books is incremented. Compliments, ZOS
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found The never-woven in Azandar's Study post quest
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still missing The Curse of Blackscale Island post quest. And all 7 books already bugged before new patch
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm with "The Curse of Blackscale Island" bugged if you finished quest before Update 39
  • Daniel141182
    Daniel141182
    ✭✭

Where is azanders study again?
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

Where is azanders study again?

Apocrypha -> Cipher's Midden - > hut near wayshirene
  • mariliaribas
    mariliaribas
    ✭✭✭
    Could someone check if The Year of 2920 vol 21 is still in Tal'Deic Keep, in Deshan? I can't see it, and I don't know if it's bugged just for me or if I simply missed it...

Edit: nvm found it!
    Edited by mariliaribas on 21 August 2023 21:24
  • BradTheNord
    BradTheNord
    ✭✭
    Tobyja wrote: »
    Struggling.

Hi, i play the german version (PC EU) and saw this book today in a bookshelf in the town hall/east of Velyn Harbor/Malabal Tor.
    In the small one straight in the middle.
    wt0syi29n6dt.jpg

Don't know if all shelfs changes their content or when. But you should be able to find it.
    Good luck.

Hi! Thanks for reaching out. It’s funny because these are the first one so always go to in Velyn Harbor and I never get anything but I shall keep trying thank you so much for the clarification that it indeed does show :)
  • Eisengreifer
    Found "Uluscant's Manifesto" in The Disquiet Study".

Directly in the first room you enter, NE corner.9salry8qltna.png
    oeuz3lvcmd0f.png

• Eisengreifer
    Since U39 three lore books were removed from my Eidetic Memory Collection, being part of the zone quest "Fate's Lost Dream":

- How Rahjin stole the Book that Knows
    - Herma-Mora: The Woodland Man?
    - Uluscant's Manifesto

I am positive that those were in my collection before the update, you find them while collecting the three tears for Scruut to open the next portal. Each book is directly next to one of each tears.

Now, as posted above, I just rediscovered "Uluscant's Manifesto" in The Disquiet Study Delve.
    I wonder if the other two now appear someplace else in the world, not connected to their quest.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The book "Journal of Justiciar Avanaire" is not appearing for my character (created at launch, 2014) but appears, and is even able to be interacted with on newer toons created more recently, possibly after it was fixed.

I don't know if it's a bug for just my toon, or characters created before a certain time, but I wanted to bring it up in case it helps the devs.

@ZOS_Kevin would you be able to pass this on directly to the team that fixes the bugged books?

Side by side comparison of my screen and my friend's:

kg5j1pvxfqk8.jpeg
    4kynegedkug9.png
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Eisengreifer
    Re-found " Herma-Mora: The Woodland Man?":

The Ravening Morass, Apocrypha1tzxwm79juic.png
    mwzwg02shjd3.png

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tranquil catalogue can be entered post quest by grouping with a player on that quest step, so you can go back and get "how Rhajiin stole the book who knows", and the other two mentioned above.

The only one I have not found from the books that were relocated is "the curse of the blackscale" Not sure where they moved it to.

Other than that, the seven bugged Necrom books have not been found yet, and hopefully someone else might have seen them.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Mirumorg
    Mirumorg
    ✭✭✭
    Song of Fate refound in Study of the Lost Cipher

8ocy06kgeu2o.png