Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• FaerieDragon
    FaerieDragon
    Soul Shriven
    q
    Only book missing from pre-Necron (aside from the ToT clues) for me is now

-Journal of Dionus Trutor (finished the associated quest a long time ago of course)

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

You aren't the only one missing that book.
  • MissyTrulla
    MissyTrulla
    Soul Shriven
    Does anyone know where to find "Elegian's Notes" or "Order of the Waking Flame Ritual" under Daedric Cults, post quest?

I finally found Elegian's Notes. I grouped with another toon to be able to go into the Waking Flame Camp. The note in on the table in the last large cavern. The problem is that I still can't read it. I can click on the book, but it does not count towards reading the book. I guess I will have to submit a ticket for it.

wnd1p9or2rfx.jpg
    q700cmuaj8fa.jpg

Did you find a way to read the letter I have the Same Problem as you when i group up with someone who is doing the quest i can't read the letter but Iam in front of the letter
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to confirm here that, if (like me) you didn't pick up "Chronicle of Apocrypha' while finishing the quest, you can currently read it and it will register in your lore library if you can group with someone who is on the final story quest in the Apocrypha zone ("Chronicle of Fate") and therefore can get back into Cipher's Hall.

This was worrying me as I was doubtful it would work. However my husband kindly ran through the story on an alt while I was grouped with him (over a few days) and I was able to get back in to Cipher's Hall at that stage, and read the lorebook.

As it turned out, he checked afterwards and he missed it too first time around, so I'm now using one of my alts to whizz through the story so that he can get it too.

It does make me laugh (in a hollow way) though, that they fixed so many previously bugged lorebooks ahead of Apocrypha, (some of which I'm very grateful for - the 'Plea For The Elder Scrolls' behind the Mnem Gate for example), and then managed to leave so many new ones bugged.

I know almost nothing about IT so I'm not trying to be rude here, but why is it so hard to un-bug a bugged lorebook? I'm honestly not trying to be a jerk and I'm not being sarcastic, like I said I know nothing about IT, I honestly want to know - why is it so hard? Why does it sometimes take literally years to sort lorebooks out? I am genuinely curious and not intending to sound rude or horrible.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to confirm here that, if (like me) you didn't pick up "Chronicle of Apocrypha' while finishing the quest, you can currently read it and it will register in your lore library if you can group with someone who is on the final story quest in the Apocrypha zone ("Chronicle of Fate") and therefore can get back into Cipher's Hall.

This was worrying me as I was doubtful it would work. However my husband kindly ran through the story on an alt while I was grouped with him (over a few days) and I was able to get back in to Cipher's Hall at that stage, and read the lorebook.

As it turned out, he checked afterwards and he missed it too first time around, so I'm now using one of my alts to whizz through the story so that he can get it too.

It does make me laugh (in a hollow way) though, that they fixed so many previously bugged lorebooks ahead of Apocrypha, (some of which I'm very grateful for - the 'Plea For The Elder Scrolls' behind the Mnem Gate for example), and then managed to leave so many new ones bugged.

I know almost nothing about IT so I'm not trying to be rude here, but why is it so hard to un-bug a bugged lorebook? I'm honestly not trying to be a jerk and I'm not being sarcastic, like I said I know nothing about IT, I honestly want to know - why is it so hard? Why does it sometimes take literally years to sort lorebooks out? I am genuinely curious and not intending to sound rude or horrible.

I can give my thoughts on this and from my experience I know that what is easy for us to fix is actually harder than we think. Why? Well, adding a post quest book location may spoil the quest itself, but this does not explain the not repair of books remembering the Summerset release.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »

I can give my thoughts on this and from my experience I know that what is easy for us to fix is actually harder than we think. Why? Well, adding a post quest book location may spoil the quest itself, but this does not explain the not repair of books remembering the Summerset release.

Actually, adding a post-quest location won't spoil the quest because it is conditional on the quest being completed.

The difficulty of fixing it is due to a lot of other factors, primarily, fixing each one being one item in a list of literally tens if not hundreds of thousands of things that need to be investigated, figured out, implemented, tested, and deployed.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

Actually, adding a post-quest location won't spoil the quest because it is conditional on the quest being completed.

The difficulty of fixing it is due to a lot of other factors, primarily, fixing each one being one item in a list of literally tens if not hundreds of thousands of things that need to be investigated, figured out, implemented, tested, and deployed.

You're right about that, but right now ZoS has more important things to fix.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right about that, but right now ZoS has more important things to fix.

Always has been ;) It's a wonder that they manage to get to stuff like books or a single resource node under the ground at all.
  • Daniel141182
    Daniel141182
    ✭✭
    Any of the 7 books added? Reading os and x box patch notes that States post quest books added.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Any of the 7 books added? Reading os and x box patch notes that States post quest books added.

I only check 3 locations but nope 0 fixed books on PC
  • BradTheNord
    BradTheNord
    ✭✭
    Anyone have any idea where to get “Mud Covered Letter” in Telvanni Tomes once I’ve already completed the quest I’ve looked everywhere & can’t seem to find it.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone have any idea where to get “Mud Covered Letter” in Telvanni Tomes once I’ve already completed the quest I’ve looked everywhere & can’t seem to find it.

Unfortunately, it seems that if you skipped the note during the "Tracing Shadows" quest, it is no longer anywhere in the world ;/
  • BradTheNord
    BradTheNord
    ✭✭
    Damn that sucks …. :( hope it gets fixed in U39
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that U39 is not going to fix any book... :'(
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Orakel_von_Tamriel
    Does anyone have an information on the post quest location for the following books.

Summerset Scrolls:

- Lirendel's Family Shrine
    - Naliara's Notes, Day 2
    - Naliara's Notes, Day 8

Tales of Tamriel:

- The Year 2920, Vol. 19

The Devoted and the Deranged:

- The Gifts of Magnus

I stupidly destroyed the letters of the companions, can you buy them later?
    Edited by Orakel_von_Tamriel on 1 August 2023 20:32
  • tumba
    tumba
    Does anyone have an information on the post quest location for the following books.

Summerset Scrolls:

- Naliara's Notes, Day 2
    - Naliara's Notes, Day 8

Tales of Tamriel:

- The Year 2920, Vol. 19

- The Gifts of Magnus

if u mean the furnishing letters u can read those in someones house
  • HuHefner
    HuHefner
    ✭✭
    Adainaz's Journal, is just inside door to the Engine Guardian.
    Start Teeth, Volume1, u have to be on Vet to find it.
    Torug at the Summit, Complete Translation (Wrothgar Writings), I found this on a table in front of (Abandarra-la Merchant Tent). You have to complete the Sorrow mission 1st.
  • HuHefner
    HuHefner
    ✭✭
    I'm on a PS4.
    Star Teeth, Volume 1 has to be on Vet to find.
    (Found Last Week)
    Adainaz's Journal is just inside the door on ground leading to Engine Guardian.
    (Found Last Week)
    Torug at the Summit, Complete Translation (Wrothgar Writings) is to the left at (Abandarra-la Merchant) tent. U have to complete Sorrow Quest(Found by accident some years back).
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumba wrote: »

Summerset Scrolls:

- Naliara's Notes, Day 2
    - Naliara's Notes, Day 8

Tales of Tamriel:

- The Year 2920, Vol. 19

- The Gifts of Magnus

if u mean the furnishing letters u can read those in someones house

You also get another copy if you max rapport with another character
  • Orakel_von_Tamriel

Summerset Scrolls:

- Naliara's Notes, Day 2
    - Naliara's Notes, Day 8

Tales of Tamriel:

- The Year 2920, Vol. 19

- The Gifts of Magnus (= Random Bookshelf in Ezduiin Undercroft, Auridon)

I stupidly destroyed the letters of the companions, can you buy them later? (= Repeated it with other character)

Someone have an idea for the other books?
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heads up: LoreBooks add-on has updated!
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see anything on the books I am still missing, so... Anyone knows if any these have been found and where are they?

Closed By Order of the Abbot
    Communications Between Nilphas and Thoryn
    Ilasaba's Excuses
    Onri Murien's Hidden Wishes
    Survey of the Alavelis Mine
    Zeirinia's Silent Admission

• GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

I don't see anything on the books I am still missing, so... Anyone knows if any these have been found and where are they?

Closed By Order of the Abbot
    Communications Between Nilphas and Thoryn
    Ilasaba's Excuses
    Onri Murien's Hidden Wishes
    Survey of the Alavelis Mine
    Zeirinia's Silent Admission

Because they are bugged. So they won't be in LoreBooks.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question about the following book: "Arnoit and Lisette: The True Story", in Galen, Castle Mornard Library.

Is it possible to find this book, ANYWHERE, after the library is closed off during the events of "The Ivy Throne" quest (having only opened during this quest)?
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    I have a question about the following book: "Arnoit and Lisette: The True Story", in Galen, Castle Mornard Library.

Is it possible to find this book, ANYWHERE, after the library is closed off during the events of "The Ivy Throne" quest (having only opened during this quest)?

If I remember correctly, you can re-enter there after completing the quest
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. Maybe if you group with someone on that quest, but certainly not on your own.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

Nope. Maybe if you group with someone on that quest, but certainly not on your own.

Hmm, I was sure I could go there after finishing the story.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't. "You cannot go through that door at this time".
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get to it if you are grouped with someone on that quest step who has access.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also. Now that I have exited Cipher's Hall and cannot return to it, where is "Chronicle of Apocrypha" to be found? LoreBooks suggests somehow that it's around the entrance of Camonnaruhn, but I suspect this is an error...
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Also. Now that I have exited Cipher's Hall and cannot return to it, where is "Chronicle of Apocrypha" to be found? LoreBooks suggests somehow that it's around the entrance of Camonnaruhn, but I suspect this is an error...

a few posts earlier-> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7892980/#Comment_7892980