Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Xilixia
    Xilixia
    ✭✭
    The 'Development of the Hollow' in Murkmire should be a quest item during 'Empty nest'. I did the quest ages ago, but after one of the patches it suddenly missed from my list. I've tried everything, friend did the quest and I stood next to them, search the questgivers' area, clicked on every inch of the platform, but nothing. Anyone knows perhaps a post-quest spot? This is like a 4 years old bug for me :(7xqp72n8j7lf.png
    rk0qe5cvn5c7.png
    qnbrhrolita5.png

• Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished the Sorrow quest in Wrothgar years ago, and as of the last patch i just realized that what had been listed as found in my Eidetic memory for YEARS, are now listed as "missing" - CAN THIS PLEASE BE FIXED. I obviously can't get any of them again. Yes, I did go back to Sorrow, and click on the books, and while I can see the book, clicking on it does not put it back into Eidectic - I tried that already.

inws0ug6g51y.png

Edited by Sirona_Starr on 14 September 2024 20:20
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished the Sorrow quest in Wrothgar years ago, and as of the last patch i just realized that what had been listed as found in my Eidetic memory for YEARS, are now listed as "missing" - CAN THIS PLEASE BE FIXED. I obviously can't get any of them again. Yes, I did go back to Sorrow, and click on the books, and while I can see the book, clicking on it does not put it back into Eidectic - I tried that already.

inws0ug6g51y.png

Try again @Sirona_Starr , go back in Sorrow. You can find all the books you are currently missing, except Kharsthun's Translation, Second Stanza. This is lost after the last patch.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

inws0ug6g51y.png

Try again @Sirona_Starr , go back in Sorrow. You can find all the books you are currently missing, except Kharsthun's Translation, Second Stanza. This is lost after the last patch.

• Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are correct. My bad :P I went to get the first book in Sorrow, at the entrance, and when I read it, it didn't show up as one of the missing ones being recovered in Eidectic, so I stopped there. Read it as though it was one of the missing, but it was a different name - Torug Ag Krazak, but no grunt afterwards lol. Thanks for answering :)
  • s8nhimself
    s8nhimself
    Soul Shriven
    hello, i just need some validation that the book "Systres History: Addendum" still out there in Galen's bookshelves?
    I've been trying for a month to find it but i've only ever found the other one with longer name.

I'm following the data from <https://ts.uesp.net/esolog/viewlog.php?search=Systres+history:+addendum&amp;searchtype=&gt; for where to look. and frankly, why does it have two listing unlike every other books i've looked for.

lua0hoz2qbtr.png
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    s8nhimself wrote: »
    hello, i just need some validation that the book "Systres History: Addendum" still out there in Galen's bookshelves?
    I've been trying for a month to find it but i've only ever found the other one with longer name.

I'm following the data from <https://ts.uesp.net/esolog/viewlog.php?search=Systres+history:+addendum&amp;searchtype=&gt; for where to look. and frankly, why does it have two listing unlike every other books i've looked for.

lua0hoz2qbtr.png

I did find this book two days ago in one of the locked houses in Vastyr. I'm still looking for Systres History Vastyr though. Same situation as you, just different book
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note to

inws0ug6g51y.png

That's because these books have NOT been "lost" from eidetic memory: they were never IN eidetic memory in the first place, and have just been added to it. Except, the trouble is, one of them is inaccessible post-quest because it is a document that disappears upon being read during the quest, so it's impossible to go back and read it. Even if you group with a player who has not yet read it.
    Edited by jle30303 on 16 September 2024 12:39
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lua0hoz2qbtr.png

I did find this book two days ago in one of the locked houses in Vastyr. I'm still looking for Systres History Vastyr though. Same situation as you, just different book

It is 11 am eastern time, Sept 16. If you are lucky you can grab it. I just saw it in the Tavern bookshelves
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings i would like to report something here and in my opinion a little bit odd.

My main character is missing this book and despite me finding it again in a bookshelf it did not credit me. Then i went to same bookshelf with another character who is missing the book. I clicked to the bookshelf and Lorebook Discovered notification popped up. But upon checking it on the lore library the book is still greyed out on my alt character as well.

zf81bzzrnegn.png

I also somehow miss these two books in Reach for my main character. No idea how to find these again after completing the respective quests. But i am pretty sure i completed these quests on the release day of Markarth.

shafsdd2sl0b.png
  • s8nhimself
    s8nhimself
    Soul Shriven

lua0hoz2qbtr.png

It is 11 am eastern time, Sept 16. If you are lucky you can grab it. I just saw it in the Tavern bookshelves

I found it! not exactly in vastyr tavern but in the mages guild bookshelf. thank you two for your replies ^^ (all it took was to complain here and a maintenance)
    current time: sept 16th, 15.48 UTC
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone confirm this fix for bugged Orsinium books?

General/Zone
    Fixed several issues with books missing proper interactable states, proper visual effect state changes based on whether you’ve read it, and/or floating above their tables/chairs/rugs/beds/bears.
    Edited by GeneralEU on 16 September 2024 19:30
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »

General/Zone
    Fixed several issues with books missing proper interactable states, proper visual effect state changes based on whether you’ve read it, and/or floating above their tables/chairs/rugs/beds/bears.

Is this from PTS ?
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

General/Zone

Is this from PTS ?

Yes PTS and for NA chars.
  • Daniel141182
    Daniel141182
    ✭✭
    Did any of these get fixed after patch or are they fixed on pts

1:letter from aradros
    2:Y`ffre`s hymn
    3:kharsthun`s translation second stanza
  • Dagraenion
    Nilum wrote: »
    xdr9klsq3roj.png
    Dagraenion wrote: »
    Is there still no update for "Deadric Cult, The Dread Lady's Letter"?

Not that i can see, still missing

I guess we have no choice but to accept that we can never have this lorebook, or wait it out. Maybe when the developers get bored, they will remember about this problem.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    All Our Perfect Forms I find on PTS but idk if is on LIVE.
    0cscgo9qvdms.jpg
    mvuzga6jtdte.jpg
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0cscgo9qvdms.jpg
    mvuzga6jtdte.jpg

133whtkg5u97.jpg

Nope. Not on live yet.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    0cscgo9qvdms.jpg
    mvuzga6jtdte.jpg

133whtkg5u97.jpg

Nope. Not on live yet.

Oh, well....
  • BradTheNord
    BradTheNord
    ✭✭
    I know people are probably starting to get sick of me asking for this to be fixed but it’s the only thing I need ….

Please can we get a post quest location for “A Mud Covered Letter” from the Telvanni Peninsula.

I didn’t read the note in my inventory during the quest and theirs still no way of reading it post quest. Its been this way over a year now please can we get a post quest location… thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
    I know people are probably starting to get sick of me asking for this to be fixed but it’s the only thing I need ….

Please can we get a post quest location for “A Mud Covered Letter” from the Telvanni Peninsula.

I didn’t read the note in my inventory during the quest and theirs still no way of reading it post quest. Its been this way over a year now please can we get a post quest location… thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

*BUMP*

Until noticed …
  • birdmann1230

*BUMP*

Until noticed …

There’s post-quest pages from Summerset that still haven’t been fixed, it’s not the only one.
  • ginsenghunter
    Foolish wings:Blackwood
    Rite of scion;vampire quest bugged?
    Missing miners: wester skyrim/blackreach?
    The Undaunted Need You!:Impresairo during undaunted event
    On Plunder Skulls:On rock next to entrance of Olyve's Brewery witcher event
    dauntless bananas: western elseyr gate(wrong alliance)
    A quest of sant snow and blood: unknown;
    An invitation to elsweyr: unknown

these are the ones missing for me now some are not added but any news on the other i mentioned?

i'm on PS4 NA. You can find the "Tale of Dauntless Bananas" in cryodiil now. It's located inside a wooden building beside the lumbermill at Castle Faregyl. So you can get it now, regardless of faction.
  • ginsenghunter
    I'm still missing these books. Does anyone know if there is a post quest for any of them yet?

Elegian's Notes
    Kharsthun's Translation, Second Stanza
    Journal of Dionus Trutor
    Y'ffre's Hymn
    Orders for Immediate Retrieval
    Letter from Aradros
    Gleaner's Claim