Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame !!!! They think that lorebooks are not important, so they simply don't fix, and they bug other books in other patchs. Even fishing is more important than Eidetic memory, they implemented fish filleting, but never solved the buggy books problem
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame !!!! They think that lorebooks are not important, so they simply don't fix, and they bug other books in other patchs. Even fishing is more important than Eidetic memory, they implemented fish filleting, but never solved the buggy books problem

Please @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Kevin
    remove Eidetic memory completely!
    It's more honest than leaving it looking so disastrous.

Edited by Gandalf_72 on 13 September 2023 15:27
    PC | EU
  • Orakel_von_Tamriel
    Besides the bugged necrom books and ToT clues, i am still missing these books:

Summerset Scrolls:

- Lirendel's Family Shrine
    - Naliara's Notes, Day 2
    - Naliara's Notes, Day 8

Does anyone know the post-quest location?

Tales of Tamriel:

- The Year 2920, Vol. 27

Since about 2 months i farm daily the bookshelves in the imperial city districts (= cp / non-cp) but without success, what am i doing wrong?
  • freewheeler
    hmmm, "the undaunted need you book" is not part of the impressario catalogue but is also not available if you finished the "intro event" of the undaunted celebration before going to the impressario tent and reading it. Or am I mistaken ?
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmm, "the undaunted need you book" is not part of the impressario catalogue but is also not available if you finished the "intro event" of the undaunted celebration before going to the impressario tent and reading it. Or am I mistaken ?

Should be on a signpost or fence in front of the impresario's tent. I know the one in vhukel guard is easily noticible.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »

Should be on a signpost or fence in front of the impresario's tent. I know the one in vhukel guard is easily noticible.

There's a photo of the spot in vhukel guard by the impresario.
    rxf1dpzh523s.jpg
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• saschmi3
    saschmi3
    ✭✭
    In addition to the already listed books from AP and TT and that Tribute note (Ilasaba's Excuses, Onri Murien's Hidden Wishes, Zeirinia's Silent Admission, The Curse of Blackscale Island; Closed By Order of the Abbot, Communications Between Nilphas and Thoryn; Challenge of the Paramount), I'm also missing Torvesard's Journal.

I definitely missed it when I was doing the quest. Is anyone aware of a post-quest location or do I just have to add that to the list of currently unobtainable books and play the waiting game?
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saschmi3 wrote: »
    In addition to the already listed books from AP and TT and that Tribute note (Ilasaba's Excuses, Onri Murien's Hidden Wishes, Zeirinia's Silent Admission, The Curse of Blackscale Island; Closed By Order of the Abbot, Communications Between Nilphas and Thoryn; Challenge of the Paramount), I'm also missing Torvesard's Journal.

I definitely missed it when I was doing the quest. Is anyone aware of a post-quest location or do I just have to add that to the list of currently unobtainable books and play the waiting game?

At the end of the main Necrom questline, you meet torvesard on a cliff near Cipher Middens. That's where the book is by a statue past the invisible bridge.

EDIT: yes, you can get back here post-quest.
    Edited by Djennku on 14 September 2023 07:56
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ak3kaxtyqj40.jpg
    01o9dq4f52dx.jpg
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• freewheeler

This worked, thank you very much. I had checked the craglorn tent but it was not there (it was on other chars) but did not think of checking the other tents.
  • saschmi3
    saschmi3
    ✭✭

ak3kaxtyqj40.jpg
    01o9dq4f52dx.jpg

Thank you so much!!
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gandalf_72 wrote: »

No, let's not do that. It's a fun collection.

Also, thanks to everyone who found Cipher Akacirn's Journal, Torvesard's Journal, and Survey of the Alavelis Mine. And Note to Cynric now that I checked this thread!
    Edited by fall0athboy on 15 September 2023 08:10
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    U40 soon on PTS so we can see what books get fixed and what new books we get :3
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »

I'm pretty excited. I really hope they finally fix all of Necrom.

Because then, I don't know what long-awaited fixes are needed.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

Don't worry, a few Summerset books haven't been fixed yet. So they need at least 6 years for repair xD
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭

Don't worry, a few Summerset books haven't been fixed yet. So they need at least 6 years for repair xD

Ah geez, that sucks :/
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken, I do not believe that Update 40 has any Eidetic Memory fixes yet.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken, I do not believe that Update 40 has any Eidetic Memory fixes yet.

There were several times that they repaired some books, but they did not mention it in the patch notes.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go run onto the pts and look. Lots of these bugged books are slightly hidden from view by just adventuring.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Update 40 patch note:

"The title “The Well-Versed” can be obtained by completing the achievement “No Book Left Unread”. "

They made an achievement on reading all books !!!
    So I assume they have a plan to fix them all...
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read the entire Update 40 patch note.
    If I haven't missed something, the only place where the books fix is mentioned is this, at the end:
    " Adjusted yet another few hundred clipping, floating, or inaccessible creatures, resource nodes, books, and monsters."
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gandalf_72 wrote: »

No, let's not do that. It's a fun collection.

Also, thanks to everyone who found Cipher Akacirn's Journal, Torvesard's Journal, and Survey of the Alavelis Mine. And Note to Cynric now that I checked this thread!

:)

I agree.
    In case it wasn't clear enough, let me clarify that mine was a sarcastic message.

;)
    Edited by Gandalf_72 on 21 September 2023 15:22
    PC | EU
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

"The title “The Well-Versed” can be obtained by completing the achievement “No Book Left Unread”. "

For those unaware, unfortunately those are not related to Eidetic Memory but rather a PvE achievement and title, like Ardent Bibliophile for the BDV tri.
    Edited by virtus753 on 21 September 2023 16:56
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

Hmm, intresting but not work if book not obain in world or during quest.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The title and achievement have nothing to do with reading lorebooks - "Verses" are the buffs you can gain in the new endless dungeon.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

The title and achievement have nothing to do with reading lorebooks - "Verses" are the buffs you can gain in the new endless dungeon.

that would be too beautiful xD
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So as always, no interest in the Eidetic Memory and in the players interested in this knowledge and collection. No intention of fixing the books and maybe some other buggy book comes out. :/
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    So as always, no interest in the Eidetic Memory and in the players interested in this knowledge and collection. No intention of fixing the books and maybe some other buggy book comes out. :/

I find 11 from 15 for now.
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know where the below books are under the Tales of Tamriel Eidetic Memory collection?
    The Year 2920, vol. 3
    The Year 2920, vol. 19

UESP suggests Bookshelves in Auridon, Glenumbra, and Stonefalls for vol. 3, but does anyone know of a more specific location?
    There is also no location at all for vol. 19 listed, does anyone have any ideas?

The Elder Scrolls Fandom Wiki says that Volume 3 can potentially be found in Vulkhel Guard.

Finally found The Year 2920, vol. 19 in a bookshelf in Shael Ruins, Malabal Tor. :-)
  • Gamer1986PAN
    Gamer1986PAN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Challenge of the Paramount: PTS Update 40 in Necrom Mourner's Solace Inn next to the Tribute NPC group

abp9txhqw4wh.png