Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Challenge of the Paramount: PTS Update 40 in Necrom Mourner's Solace Inn next to the Tribute NPC group

abp9txhqw4wh.png

Wow, so some book was fixed but what with rest, huh? :D Thanks for pic <3
  • Gamer1986PAN
    Gamer1986PAN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about the rest, this one was with my NA-Char but EU is my main. Just have made some tribute matches for data collection (still missing one clue for the new card deck).
    And i was lucky, that i had that book in my "missing book" part of my brain. But at least we have a chance to get some fixes next to this one.
  • Gamer1986PAN
    Gamer1986PAN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw did someone already collect some of the new furnishing books and are those maybe some that are buggy? I mean there are 65 in the Endless Archive. Hopefully those are not entirely new books we have to collect also. And a bunch of old zones like Clockwork City, Coldharbor, Goldcoast, and more got 3-4 lootable or buyable books you can read in your house.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Btw did someone already collect some of the new furnishing books and are those maybe some that are buggy? I mean there are 65 in the Endless Archive. Hopefully those are not entirely new books we have to collect also. And a bunch of old zones like Clockwork City, Coldharbor, Goldcoast, and more got 3-4 lootable or buyable books you can read in your house.

65? I counted 12 in the Endless Archive
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »

65? I counted 12 in the Endless Archive

Furnishings are what he's talking about, not lorebook pages.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone find any more of the bugged Necrom books on pts?
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    Anyone find any more of the bugged Necrom books on pts?

no

BUT! I didn't find any bugged books added in U40 ;)
    Edited by GeneralEU on 16 October 2023 12:23
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    Oldbushie wrote: »
    Notes and Memos: [Alik'r Desert] Note to Throne Keeper Farvad

Also struggling to find "Note to Throne Keeper Farvad". UESP says it is located in Tu'whacca's Throne, Alik'r Desert. Did you find it in the end?

I completed the related quest "Tu'whacca's Breath" ages ago, but now the door to Tu'whacca's Sanctum is closed off post-quest. Is it inside Tu'whacca's Sanctum or is is around outside somewhere? I am on Xbox, so cannot use an addon to find the location.

Thank you :-)

I was looking in the wrong place. Stumbled across this on a new character so went back to get it on my main so the location also works post quest for anyone that needs it :-)
    me3ydos5f2w4.png
    tla4224xsqj5.png

• GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Nice!
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found "Challenge of the Paramount" in the Necrom's inn, on the floor near Tribute tables.
    Found two more books inside the Impresario's Catalogue, at every Impresario's place.

No news about other 6 missing books.
    They created the book-world and bugged lot of eidetic books...
    I wonder if our voice will one day finally be heard
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone able to document the location of any Endless Archive books yet? I think I've gotten 2 within the halls themselves, plus 2 from the Index area. The ones found in the halls seem to be in consistent locations, it's just a matter of randomly ending up in those places. At least one of mine came from a puzzle area as well.

Very frustrating that Tribute card upgrades are being offered for sale, and because I already own that upgrade, I cannot buy it on my main character to add it to my Eidetic Memory :(

zuxdrfei2g0w.png
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Nice!
    Tatanko wrote: »
    Anyone able to document the location of any Endless Archive books yet? I think I've gotten 2 within the halls themselves, plus 2 from the Index area. The ones found in the halls seem to be in consistent locations, it's just a matter of randomly ending up in those places. At least one of mine came from a puzzle area as well.

Very frustrating that Tribute card upgrades are being offered for sale, and because I already own that upgrade, I cannot buy it on my main character to add it to my Eidetic Memory :(

3/4 can be found in the lobby with 2, I guess after completing the quest. The rest of the random archive rooms. 2 are in an additional room (the one with the butchers and you as the goat and in the room where you can take the quest and collect some things for her.
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    3/4 can be found in the lobby with 2, I guess after completing the quest. The rest of the random archive rooms. 2 are in an additional room (the one with the butchers and you as the goat and in the room where you can take the quest and collect some things for her.
    I only saw one new book after completing the intro quest for the EA, and it doesn't appear to be collectable -- it still glows after reading it. Do you have a list of the books you were able to find so far?

Ooo, I definitely missed one in the goat area. I grabbed one at the initial room of the secret area where you collect tomeshells in the maze.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    I only saw one new book after completing the intro quest for the EA, and it doesn't appear to be collectable -- it still glows after reading it. Do you have a list of the books you were able to find so far?

Ooo, I definitely missed one in the goat area. I grabbed one at the initial room of the secret area where you collect tomeshells in the maze.

Ahh, so 3 not 2 sin additional room.
    8es6lu4rnkwt.png
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    8es6lu4rnkwt.png
    I'm still missing 5 of those books, and one of them is Fynboar the Resurrected. I see on your list that it says "Inside Endless Archive, After Quest" -- is this in the Index somewhere, or out in the wings of the archive at random like most of the others?

Notes on Tho'at Replicanum is the one in the Index I was referring to that is still glowing even after you read it.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fynboar the resurrected can be found in the index after completing both of destuzono's quests.

@Djennku, PCNA.

• GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    8es6lu4rnkwt.png
    I'm still missing 5 of those books, and one of them is Fynboar the Resurrected. I see on your list that it says "Inside Endless Archive, After Quest" -- is this in the Index somewhere, or out in the wings of the archive at random like most of the others?

Notes on Tho'at Replicanum is the one in the Index I was referring to that is still glowing even after you read it.

Just like @Djennku mentions, but it will be exactly on a pedestal on the other side of this small lobby. Many of these books sometimes lie behind a small wall or at the very edge of the arena and can be easily missed. Personally, I miss "The Silver Rose Blooms over Borderwatch" from this list - I may have missed it by accident or I haven't found it yet (aside from the fact that I've made 50 rooms). This task for destuzona is also annoying because, as I wrote above, the second task for her is annoying because I currently have 1 of 7 parts, and I have done quite a lot of rooms and it will take a lot of time.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know where the "challange of the archivist" book is located?
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

At this moment, no.
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭✭

outside around the left corner of the door near gonfalon bay card players hall.
    Edited by This_0ne on 2 November 2023 15:54
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    This_0ne wrote: »

thanks
    Edited by GeneralEU on 2 November 2023 20:39
  • DanaeldeWitz
    DanaeldeWitz
    ✭✭
    This_0ne wrote: »

Thank you :)

1291z90v73ks.png
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dare I say it? It seems that all of the new books in Update 40 are obtainable, and without any hiccups! I'm left with only 9 older books that I can't obtain (7 from Necrom, 2 from Tribute clues).
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • Germakochi
    Germakochi
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone found a post-quest location for the Chronicle of Apocrypha after the new update?
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

8es6lu4rnkwt.png

Lantern of the Endless Clue and Unfathomamble Secrets Clue both are from the Tales of Tribute reward boxes (I got both from daily quests/wins).

Edited by Dragonnord on 4 November 2023 10:38
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Germakochi
    Germakochi
    ✭✭✭
    Was anyone able to find the Challenge of the Archivist? I read the last 15 pages but couldn't find anything about it. Maybe someone can point me to the page if it was spoken about already.
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 Posts above yours :p
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Dare I say it? It seems that all of the new books in Update 40 are obtainable, and without any hiccups! I'm left with only 9 older books that I can't obtain (7 from Necrom, 2 from Tribute clues).

Surprisingly, the new books are not bugged, but unfortunately the old ones from u39 (at least for the moment) not fixed ;/
    Dragonnord wrote: »

8es6lu4rnkwt.png

Lantern of the Endless Clue and Unfathomamble Secrets Clue both are from the Tales of Tribute reward boxes (I got both from daily quests/wins).

I know that! Like many other Clue, and so I didn't even type it in when looking for books on PTS.
    4 Posts above yours :p

Laziness :D
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short Question:

The Book "The Curse of Blackscale Island" is still bugged? :)
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Short Question:

The Book "The Curse of Blackscale Island" is still bugged? :)

Haven't seen it post-quest yet. Hopefully someone has found it. Same with the other 5;

-communications between Nilphas and Thoryn
    -closed by order of the abbot

-ilasabas excuses
    -Onri Murien's hidden wishes
    -zeniria's silent admission

Hoping other people have run across these at some point this update.
    @Djennku, PCNA.