Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Permabans being lifted] ZOS how are we as a community dealing with exploits/hacking?

• Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm reporting cheat engine users on a daily basis.
    This program is still very active in this game and it makes Cyrodiil's pvp a practical joke.
    I reported the same player like 5x times with pictures and he is still playing.

All leaderboards needs to reset.
    Permanent bans should be given to all those who use this program.
    Appealing to those bans should not be an option.
    If those cheaters want to feel godlike, they should go play a single player game, like Skyrim, there is also a built in console command for god mode there :p
    Edited by Universe on 15 June 2016 12:05
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lord wrote: »
    This program is still very active in this game and it makes Cyrodiil's pvp a practical joke.

Permenant bans should be given to all those who use this program.
    If those cheaters want to feel godlike, they should go play a single player game, like Skryim, there is also a built in console command for god mode there :p

I actually stated a few threads ago that I blame Bethesda and their godmode for this. It makes gamers lazy and entitled.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord wrote: »

Permenant bans should be given to all those who use this program.
    If those cheaters want to feel godlike, they should go play a single player game, like Skryim, there is also a built in console command for god mode there :p

I agree about that.
    There can be grey area with ingame things, when players might just unknowingly trigger a bug or something or interrupt someones rp or whatever. And I can fully understand unbanning in these cases (though from what I've heard Zos is merciless to those who mess with rp).
    But I do not believe that anyone would use cheating program without malicious intentions. And I dont fully believe that story about "drawing attention" too. CE can edit pretty much anything some people even use it to make single-player games harder, so they could use some noticeable visual effects and ***, without participating in ruining pvp.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I guess it's time to pull the sub and move on.

Loyal paid supporter since beta, but if they are going to let these cheaters back into the game there is no point bothering with pvp so I guess I'll just explore the Gold Coast with the remaining time on my sub, then I'll be out I guess...man am I dissapointed....what a damn shame....

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @Wrobel

This is what happens when you fail to do your job as a company.

@forzajuve212

Yeah im really bummed about this, but there is no point in playing at all if they are going to allow cheaters back into the game. Its bad enough you had folks accusing everyone over CE, but now this....no way. This has officially killed the game for me completely, and I loved this game, i was only vocal on somethings because i actually cared...At the end of the day, we all enjoyed some aspect of the game which is why we still played.

Capture.jpg
    Capture2.jpg

Congrats Zenimax! This policy towards cheaters and exploiters has finally driven me, a loyal supporter since the start, to pull my Subscription.

I refuse to spend my sub money subsidizing the enjoyment of cheaters, or subsidizing the PTS to beta test for consoles.

PVE leaderboards and competition is ruined.
    PVP leader boards, competition, and fair play is ruined.
    No VAC or any kind of real anti-cheat system exists at all

If your not on console they simply don't care, this tells me PC users have bee completely abandoned. Actions speak louder then words..i'd love to comeback and resub, do something about the cheaters...until then i guess i'll take my money elsewhere...The shop across the street(Steam) will love to have my business, i could easily buy 1 game a month from them instead....

Man im so bummed about this....what a shame.....do something about it ZOS so i can come back. Right now, I simply can't. Im gonna play the Gold Coast since i paid for it, then its time to move on i guess...
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use a dodgy name - ban.
    Insult ZoS staff - ban.
    Mess with RP - ban.

Report exploits - ignored.

Cheat - you got gud.

Nice priorities.
    "Forums are like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea.
    massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of
    mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. ”

(with apologies to Eugene H. Spafford, aka Spaf)

I have the power to please one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow... Tomorrow does not look good either.

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    83. My gnome does not like big butts and he cannot lie.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    87. There is no such thing as a dwarven katana.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.
    89. The elf's name is not Legolam.
    ** Mr Glenn's Forbidden activities list**

• KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even the lack of ZOS replying to threads shows they don't care, about client feedback and cheaters. Its a disgrace and anyone subb'ing is encouraging this ridiculous behavior from them.

What a bad company, how can you not have a hard line policy with cheaters. How hard is it for an employee to touch base everyday with some update or bit of news. The way its being run now is a bad joke.
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    You have the people who we often see and talk to who are those passionate about the game, reading the forums and interacting with the community.

People like... no, I got nothing. I honestly can't think of a single dev that meets that description. By far, the primary interaction is telling us posts have been deleted for :reasons:, with posts completely failing to understand pages of player feedback in second place. Of course, you could be including all the regurgitation of information we already have on ESO Live, I guess.

If they were passionate about the game, they`d be actively engaged with the community and eager to improve it, rather than pinching their nose whilst holding it at arms length.

Passion is when your art department is slammed to the point where it`s almost always the bottleneck in any change or new feature, but want a particular thing done so badly that they do it on their own time. Passion is when your developers hook up with their buddies at Occulus Rift and make an entire game related to your primary IP in their own time.

At Zenimax, it seems to be entirely about getting a pay cheque whilst minimising contact with the special people (us).
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • Haydenmango
    Haydenmango
    ✭✭✭
    I really like this game but its management is a joke.

zeni pls
    Haydenmango V16 Magicka Dragonknight Ebonheart Pact PC/NA

I PvE AND PvP!

I stream on twitch sometimes - https://www.twitch.tv/haydenmango/profile
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malpherian wrote: »
    They don't ban these people because they are paying subscribers who spend a lot of money on the crown store. TESO's population is so low that every dime has to be treasured and valued. So when whales like this hack and cheat, ZOE turns a blind eye, because they would rather have a pissed off non paying player base (Who quits), then ban people who spend exuberant amounts of money.

It's all about the Benjamin's.

honestly it is people such as your self who annoy me the most. Sure they enjoy making money but that will not save people from being banned. I saw a group of people in a trade guild i'm in get banned, they spent around 50-100 a week on crown + sub. So they DO ban those people, they simply do not tell us is all.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Malpherian
    Malpherian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    Malpherian wrote: »
    They don't ban these people because they are paying subscribers who spend a lot of money on the crown store. TESO's population is so low that every dime has to be treasured and valued. So when whales like this hack and cheat, ZOE turns a blind eye, because they would rather have a pissed off non paying player base (Who quits), then ban people who spend exuberant amounts of money.

It's all about the Benjamin's.

honestly it is people such as your self who annoy me the most. Sure they enjoy making money but that will not save people from being banned. I saw a group of people in a trade guild i'm in get banned, they spent around 50-100 a week on crown + sub. So they DO ban those people, they simply do not tell us is all.

Can you prove they were banned? Maybe they just quit. Wouldn't be the first time in TESO an entire guild up and left over night... Not even really that uncommon.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RinaldoGandolphi you're not allowed to leave. Your queen has not dismissed you. :'(
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote Blizzard take management of the game from ZOS.

I vote CCP Game. At least we know they're hardcore about their security.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    @RinaldoGandolphi you're not allowed to leave. Your queen has not dismissed you. :'(

He didn't say he was leaving just pulling his credit card . Pulling the financial aid is the best way not to support bad policy . Now no ones cheating on his money . He said he would PvE for free .
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Hi everyone, a large number of posts have been removed for naming and shaming or discussing disciplinary actions of specific members. This includes replies to those posts.

With topics like this, it is very important to us that they remain open so people can discuss. However, it is also important that these threads abide by the forum rules and remain civil and constructive.
    Edited by ZOS_AlanG on 15 June 2016 13:32
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh nvm they brought it back up.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone know when the next ESO Live is? Best chance to his them about bans and retractions of said bans.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AlanG Can we get an explanation for why 10 different threads griping about crafting bags are allowed, or 20 different threads regarding the "One Tamriel," but all threads regarding cheating get locked and directed here?
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Manpoints
    Manpoints
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know when the next ESO Live is? Best chance to his them about bans and retractions of said bans.

When was the last ESO live you saw where the majority holding tough questions got a response?
    @ZOS_AlanG Can we get an explanation for why 10 different threads griping about crafting bags are allowed, or 20 different threads regarding the "One Tamriel," but all threads regarding cheating get locked and directed here?

Fight the food fight son :expressionless:
    GM of Potato Syndicate, (Gone' Casual) ---- I'MZ A GOD!
    GM of Mi Amor Libre Spanish ERP ---- Shadilay
    Manpoints - Templar // Womanpoints - DK // Abopoints - NB // Manepoints - NB // Sexypoints - Sorc // Hermann Purring - DK // Browniepoints - Templar // Tigger SMB - Templar // Affirmative Actionpoints - DK // Sha Bipoints - Sorc // Hughe Mungus - DK // Rachel Dolezol - Warden??
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're never going to bring this up on live . They avoid it every chance they get . What good would do now anyways ? There's no security in place and there's no real punishment . Video , no matter how many Ultimates get cast in a second , is still not concrete evidence evidently .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on 15 June 2016 13:44
  • Manpoints
    Manpoints
    ✭✭✭✭

They're never going to bring this up on live . They avoid it every chance they get . What good would do now anyways ? There's no security in place and there's no real punishment . Video , no matter how many Ultimates get cast in a second , is still not concrete evidence evidently .

ESO Lives are basically mini-E3 presentations.

I wonder if that one woman that cheered the Bethesda ESO E3 Presentation is on these forums "WOO YEA"
    GM of Potato Syndicate, (Gone' Casual) ---- I'MZ A GOD!
    GM of Mi Amor Libre Spanish ERP ---- Shadilay
    Manpoints - Templar // Womanpoints - DK // Abopoints - NB // Manepoints - NB // Sexypoints - Sorc // Hermann Purring - DK // Browniepoints - Templar // Tigger SMB - Templar // Affirmative Actionpoints - DK // Sha Bipoints - Sorc // Hughe Mungus - DK // Rachel Dolezol - Warden??
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep the topic alive and eventually they will have to make a statement
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • lakaisl
    lakaisl
    ✭✭✭
    Aah the CE problem is still here.... Can't be that hard to fix right?
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    There have been a succession of large Crafting Bag threads, but typically only one active at a time. There have been a few exceptions, most of which involved specific questions tied to the system.

With One Tamriel, most discussion has been in this thread, and we've taken steps to consolidate general discussion there. There are a few other threads, but as with Crafting Bags they've generally been about specific components of One Tamriel, and it's fine to have such threads.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I like to hope they are working on addressing the cheating.

They have said there is security in place... I have no reason to assume they are lying.

The real issue in game is that cheaters are getting away with it, and not only "getting away with it" but benefiting from it greatly.

Overall, I don't really care about their epeens and their constant 1vX preening or leaderboards. I do care about how when I see someone so obviously cheating and I report them... they just keep doing it.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else have a little heart flutter when there was another big Z entered into this conversation only to be let down by yet another moderation of antiquated rules?

le sigh.

My personal ethics don't allow me to cheat, but man if I was ever tempted.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • lakaisl
    lakaisl
    ✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Anyone else have a little heart flutter when there was another big Z entered into this conversation only to be let down by yet another moderation of antiquated rules?

Not only for this thread...
    Edited by lakaisl on 15 June 2016 13:57
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But this time we can spam chat with something completely game breaking for everyone, instead of AOE caps, pvp lag, and wrobel.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean that it's safe for cheaters to go about doing their thing while legit players sit back and watch? What a joke.

That's exactly what it means. Without enforcement, the only reason not to use That Program That Shall Not Be Named is your own sense of self respect. And unfortunately some players don't have any of that and resort to cheating to make themselves feel good.
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would make just as much of an impact if everyone who got fed up with ZOS and the game used CE in spectacular fashion (get 10 million AP just before emp crowning, or ramp up damage to 100k dps) just before they left.

ZOS don't give a single **** about consistency so you could readily cheat before leaving, leave, come back and appeal any ban and do it all again. At least if enough people do it continuously it'll either force their hand to do something about it or destroy the reputation of the game.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    destroy the reputation of the game.

It would need to have one in the first place.
This discussion has been closed.