The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Permabans being lifted] ZOS how are we as a community dealing with exploits/hacking?

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I guess it's time to pull the sub and move on.

Loyal paid supporter since beta, but if they are going to let these cheaters back into the game there is no point bothering with pvp so I guess I'll just explore the Gold Coast with the remaining time on my sub, then I'll be out I guess...man am I dissapointed....what a damn shame....
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Polysemy wrote: »
    @Polysemy You done? It's understandable the PC Playerbase is upset but you've made multiple bash threads at Zenimax now with little time between them. At least wait awhile before the next one...

'Scuse me? ive made one. and it was when all this hacker BS started... why dont we stick to the real issues please...

I read through the thread and saw more than one by you lol and honestly this thread has turned into a strike/riot so I'm just kind of waiting for the fan to retaliate lol
    Of course, because we as a community have spoken up with how we want to deal with this cheat engine, but ZOS are not listening.
    #MOREORBS
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Xylphan wrote: »
    Just added a little "hacker" note to http://esoleaderboards.com/

HEADSHOT!

Woeler is Godlike!

Unfortunately Woeler, that's likely to get you banned. :p

As soon as the hacked score disappears from the boards, that note will also disappear automatically, shouldn't be that hard for Zeni, should it?

And even more *** has hit the fan lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just added a little "hacker" note to http://esoleaderboards.com/

lBYwEDm.gif?noredirect

You are my favourite person right now.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Polysemy
    Polysemy
    ✭✭✭
    @Polysemy You done? It's understandable the PC Playerbase is upset but you've made multiple bash threads at Zenimax now with little time between them. At least wait awhile before the next one...

'Scuse me? ive made one. and it was when all this hacker BS started... why dont we stick to the real issues please...

I read through the thread and saw more than one by you lol and honestly this thread has turned into a strike/riot so I'm just kind of waiting for the fan to retaliate lol

Oh comments, *** off like seriously

This game will suffer if hard issues like this arent resolved and if you want to have a casual wgaf attitude about it nothing will be fixed

I give a *** so I comment.
    Grade A ***
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This game will suffer if hard issues like this arent resolved and if you want to have a casual wgaf attitude about it nothing will be fixed

And that's fine but I was making note of your multiple comments for your sake. However it is poultry now compared to what others are doing lol
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    Just curious, how is it we know these "perma-bans" are being lifted?

How do we know people were perma-banned for making Bill Cosby jokes?

Sounds like enough bait to land a marlin to me.
    Because the person who said that was the one who got banned
    Because the people who have them on their friends list seen them sign in

ZOS also said, you're free to make an account, I guess this applies to both of those people now

Seriously just a bunch of "he said she said."

There is no proof these people were actually banned. Just their word. Like the word of the people that come on the forums with broken English complaining about how they were banned "totally unfairly I swears."

Ufbr5ej.gif

Honestly sounds like an organized smear campaign and until I see some actual evidence, which only ZOS has and will not release, yeah. See above.
  • Lyar09
    Lyar09
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect timing to do this, right after E3 and when you present your audience this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_digAHetRA
    What are you guys doing? @ZOS_RichLambert I think you and @ZOS_MattFiror need to release a statement about this current games health as of right now. You tell us 7 Million and 43, that is a great number and awesome to be apart of, but you're letting yourselves going to drag that number down...

@Nifty2g your number was a little off
    Edited by Lyar09 on 15 June 2016 02:15
    PC/NA | twitch.tv/ohhlyar | youtube.com/lyaryt
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And that's fine but I was making note of your multiple comments for your sake. However it is poultry now compared to what others are doing lol

Maybe you would be taken more serious if you wouldn't end every post with "lol"

lol
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

lol

That's just my way of showing lighthearted commenting. I'm usually not all serious business but when I am it shows. I do empathize with you guys that's for sure but I also see this thread has gone too far and am honestly just waiting for the moderation lol
  • Polysemy
    Polysemy
    ✭✭✭

lol
    Grade A ***
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭

lol

That's just my way of showing lighthearted commenting. I'm usually not all serious business but when I am it shows. I do empathize with you guys that's for sure but I also see this thread has gone too far and am honestly just waiting for the moderation lol

Oh moderation... Should be fun for the moderator. I expect this thread to be locked for an hour!

Oh by the way I am glad I play on console.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

lol

Oh moderation... Should be fun for the moderator. I expect this thread to be locked for an hour!

Oh by the way I am glad I play on console.

I do too lol and while I sympathize with PC's predicament this thread is amusing me now XD
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, I've seen before where this kind of attitude from the company leads. And it's not a good place.

They need to protect this game better. Worse than hacking is how those programs actually worked in the first place. If they can't even have a decent protection against hacks, it'll be a constant problem.

And not instantly permanently(for real) banning anyone who hacks? That's completely absurd.

They should also permanently ban anyone who abuses a game-breaking exploit.

A game with such potential being mismanaged like this is a real pity.
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • Zoner
    Zoner
    ✭✭✭✭

ridiculous-college-classes-chicken.gif
    NA EP
    Seren Vedrano - EP NB
    Geldis Vedrano -EP DK
    Andewen Vedrano - EP Templar
    Swiggity Swag - DC NB
    Vashai The Impotent - AD DK
    Sprints-With-Erect-Spine - EP Templar
    Approved Inoffensive Name - EP Sorc
    Serana Vedrano - EP DK
    Cuckpoints - EP sorc
  • Manpoints
    Manpoints
    ✭✭✭✭
    My bump, my bump my bump my bump, my lovely manny bump - check it out.
    Zoner wrote: »
    Cheat all you want guys, just don't swear while you do it.

This game has lost all of its integrity in my eyes.

Just dont swear...in a game that has profanity filter on by default.*
    GM of Potato Syndicate, (Gone' Casual) ---- I'MZ A GOD!
    GM of Mi Amor Libre Spanish ERP ---- Shadilay
    Manpoints - Templar // Womanpoints - DK // Abopoints - NB // Manepoints - NB // Sexypoints - Sorc // Hermann Purring - DK // Browniepoints - Templar // Tigger SMB - Templar // Affirmative Actionpoints - DK // Sha Bipoints - Sorc // Hughe Mungus - DK // Rachel Dolezol - Warden??
  • Zoner
    Zoner
    ✭✭✭✭

ZOS also said, you're free to make an account, I guess this applies to both of those people now

There is no proof these people were actually banned. Just their word. Like the word of the people that come on the forums with broken English complaining about how they were banned "totally unfairly I swears."

Ufbr5ej.gif

Honestly sounds like an organized smear campaign and until I see some actual evidence, which only ZOS has and will not release, yeah. See above.

It was my account. I was banned for swearing. I had to start over.
    NA EP
    Seren Vedrano - EP NB
    Geldis Vedrano -EP DK
    Swiggity Swag - DC NB
    Serana Vedrano - EP DK
    Cuckpoints - EP sorc
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Show me (privately, since talking about it is against TOS) what you actually said and an email confirmation from ZOS.
  • OPheliaMortal
    OPheliaMortal
    ✭✭
    NovaShadow wrote: »
    I'm surprised ya'll didn't see this coming a mile away.

Remember that time they banned a certain streamer then un-banned him 15 mins later.

Yeah, but another streamer had done the same thing previously and didn't get in trouble at all.
    Plus that's not quite the same thing as CE.
  • Zoner
    Zoner
    ✭✭✭✭

Show me (privately, since talking about it is against TOS) what you actually said and an email confirmation from ZOS.

lol, and I need to prove it to you why? not going to post it to a total stranger. People on this thread have seen the mail.
    NA EP
    Seren Vedrano - EP NB
    Geldis Vedrano -EP DK
    Swiggity Swag - DC NB
    Serana Vedrano - EP DK
    Cuckpoints - EP sorc
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol, and I need to prove it to you why? not going to post it to a total stranger. People on this thread have seen the mail.

If you want me to believe in this witch hunt against ZOS the burden is on you to prove your accusations are true.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ufbr5ej.gif

Click on the guys eso forums account, it says in red letters "banned" when said person got banned for the hacking. Now the person is logging on.
    As for the other person who got perma banned for swearing, shes a friend and I doubt wants to show you any emails

No one is here to prove anything to you, neither should you acting like you deserve to know. In any case, why would you disagree at this point?
    #MOREORBS
  • Zoner
    Zoner
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't about you believing me or not. don't derail the thread. The point of bringing it up is that ZOS will permaban for language offenses and fiecely defend their decision to do so (whether you believe they did or not) but will unban players using third party programs to hack the game. It's to demonstrate their priorities.
    NA EP
    Seren Vedrano - EP NB
    Geldis Vedrano -EP DK
    Swiggity Swag - DC NB
    Serana Vedrano - EP DK
    Cuckpoints - EP sorc
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one is here to prove anything to you, neither should you acting like you deserve to know. In any case, why would you disagree at this point?

I don't mean to question you personally, I just don't think what amounts to hearsay about one or two people being banned for "swearing" (it must have been REALLY bad from what I see in zone every day) necessarily means that all these exploiters that downloaded a cheat engine have been turned loose on us all tabula rasa.

"[Permabans being lifted] ZOS how are we as a community dealing with exploits/hacking?"

That is the title of the thread. It seems to imply people exploiting/hacking are being let back in, not people who swear. Yet with that as "evidence" 20+ pages of emotional knee-jerking followed. I question the basis for all that emotional rage is all.

Edited by Phinix1 on 15 June 2016 02:50
  • Zoner
    Zoner
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't mean to question you personally, I just don't think what amounts to hearsay about one or two people being banned for "swearing" (it must have been REALLY bad from what I see in zone every day) necessarily means that all these exploiters that downloaded a cheat engine have been turned loose on us all tabula rasa.

It seems that is what was being implied, and 20+ pages of emotional knee-jerking followed. I question the basis for all that emotional rage is all.

you can't understand the difference between that and cheaters being allowed to return, despite community outcry, when there's a profanity filter in the game? you really don't know why that would annoy people?
    NA EP
    Seren Vedrano - EP NB
    Geldis Vedrano -EP DK
    Swiggity Swag - DC NB
    Serana Vedrano - EP DK
    Cuckpoints - EP sorc
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems that is what was being implied, and 20+ pages of emotional knee-jerking followed. I question the basis for all that emotional rage is all.

you can't understand the difference between that and cheaters being allowed to return, despite community outcry, when there's a profanity filter in the game? you really don't know why that would annoy people?

Right. What I am not getting is how 30 pages of rage posts somehow made the radical connection between two people that said naughty words getting un-banned to "OMG ALL THE HACKERS WERE SET FREE!."

It seems like totally baseless, unsubstantiated chicken little speak to me.

Edited by Phinix1 on 15 June 2016 02:53
  • Manpoints
    Manpoints
    ✭✭✭✭

Right. What I am not getting is how 30 pages of rage posts somehow made the radical connection between two people that said naughty words getting un-banned to "OMG ALL THE HACKERS WERE SET FREE!."

bricktop-o.gif
    GM of Potato Syndicate, (Gone' Casual) ---- I'MZ A GOD!
    GM of Mi Amor Libre Spanish ERP ---- Shadilay
    Manpoints - Templar // Womanpoints - DK // Abopoints - NB // Manepoints - NB // Sexypoints - Sorc // Hermann Purring - DK // Browniepoints - Templar // Tigger SMB - Templar // Affirmative Actionpoints - DK // Sha Bipoints - Sorc // Hughe Mungus - DK // Rachel Dolezol - Warden??
  • Zoner
    Zoner
    ✭✭✭✭

The people who swore too much did not get unbanned despite many, many appeals and were told to stop, or their IPs would be banned.

The hackers, at least one that is confirmed, got unbanned and is back in game. Their IPs did not get banned. Not even the accounts they cheated on got permanently banned.

Zenimax takes a no nonsense, hardline approach to permabans, but only when it's swearing or upsetting RPers and not when it's HACKING THE GAME.

It's not about getting the people who swore unbanned (although given the situation it's the least they could do), it's about what they're demonstrating to the community who has been screaming since this occurred that it's not ok, and the vast majority of those people, I'm going to assume, would not consider swearing to be worse than hacking, yet it gets a worse punishment.

It's very relevant. It demonstrates the lack of care and attention paid to the community by ZOS.
    NA EP
    Seren Vedrano - EP NB
    Geldis Vedrano -EP DK
    Swiggity Swag - DC NB
    Serana Vedrano - EP DK
    Cuckpoints - EP sorc
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see. Well that makes a bit more sense anyway.

All I can really say is, that there is a difference between casual swearing and harassment, between calling someone being rude to you a four letter expletive and intentionally bullying someone just to be hurtful. I have to assume such nuances are taken into account on a case by case basis.

As to people hacking the game with cheat engines they downloaded, I am a firm believer they should be perma-banned and their payment methods forbidden from being used to purchase another ZOS product ever again.
    Edited by Phinix1 on 15 June 2016 03:11
  • Zoner
    Zoner
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see. Well that makes a bit more sense anyway.

All I can really say is, that there is a difference between casual swearing and harassment, between calling someone being rude to you a four letter expletive and intentionally bullying someone just to be hurtful. I have to assume such nuances are taken into account on a case by case basis.

As to people hacking the game with cheat engines they downloaded, I am a firm believer they should be perma-banned and their payment methods forbidden from being used to purchase another ZOS product ever again.

agreed.
    NA EP
    Seren Vedrano - EP NB
    Geldis Vedrano -EP DK
    Swiggity Swag - DC NB
    Serana Vedrano - EP DK
    Cuckpoints - EP sorc
This discussion has been closed.