The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Permabans being lifted] ZOS how are we as a community dealing with exploits/hacking?

• Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this thread has the potential to surpass the aoe cap thread and the templar class thread from the TG PTS forums, particularly if ZOS does the same thing and hides in a hole.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the nice little catch about the way they legislate the naming and shaming junk. You can't post evidence to back your claims that people cheat and you can't post evidence that shows they're allowed back. Smoke and mirrors. I'm sure someone, I bet you all can guess who but we aren't allowed to say, will be along shortly to remove posts and keep the thread from bumping.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Ah here we go:
    Hello everyone,

This post is to inform you that we've felt it necessary to close this thread. The reason being that there is already a more active thread discussing the matter here. Any continuation of this dicussion can be held there, though please be sure to refrain from resorting to naming and shaming, as this is against the Forum Rules.
    So Antonio, why may I ask is it that numerous threads may be made discussing literally everything else in the game (be it skill balance, upcoming updates, bugs, ect) and not be locked due to there being "a more active thread" somewhere else? That is, if the reason for locking that thread was just as you stated, that this thread exists?

We understand you have a poorly thought out "no naming and shaming" rule, but that is easily addressed by editing the offending posts in said thread.

There can be 50 threads discussing Crafting Bags (free advertising for a paid feature) but only one thread for the cheating issue.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zeeennnniimmaaaaxxxxxxx....
    Your players have lost trust in you.
    But this isn't something new to you, is it?
    We Wipe On Trash
    Vivian Naiviv CP Altmer Sorcerer
    Shivnado the Potato CP Redguard Sorcerer
    Cüddle Mönster CP Argonian Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact Spy CP Dunmer Dragonknight
    Delilah Blackheart CP Redguard Dragonknight
    My Best Friend CP Argonian Dragonknight
    Sensual Heals CP Dunmer Templar
    Daggerfall Covenant Spy CP Redguard Templar
    Föcùs-Thê-Hælèr CP Argonian Templar
    Goes-the-Wrong-Way CP Dunmer Nightblade
    Anu'Thir Phuh'Kinspy CP Redguard Nightblade
    Works-in-Sweatshop CP Argonian Nightblade
    Anu'thir Phuh'kin Bearpun CP Altmer Warden
    Bubble Crumbles CP Redguard Warden
    A'driån Kin'hör CP Argonian Warden
    Clearly, your egg was left in the shade too long.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let them keep this worthless policy of catch and release . Soon they'll be down to a few dozen people playing with themselves .
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos right now.
    testa-nella-sabbia.jpg
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let them keep this worthless policy of catch and release . Soon they'll be down to a few dozen people playing with themselves .

Its not catch & release policy.
    Its just some improvements in "play as you want" policy.
    So maybe this line of TG promotional page is not only about guild's activity?
    wQIxFMu.png
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on 15 June 2016 04:14
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not catch & release policy.
    Its just some improvements in "play as you want" policy.
    So maybe this line of TG promotional page is not only about guild's activity?
    wQIxFMu.png

Yep . It's my fault . I didn't read the promo hype .
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ?d=oprah-you-get-a-car_562e077a2ddfd8169
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmmmm....Unbanning the Cheaters is moronic...

However I think banning cheaters isn't as creative as you can be.

If you're caught cheating, They should leave your account unbanned, but it should delete all your characters....And it should keep doing it at Random as well...So you'll never know when your new character will be deleted *grin*

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Mmmmm....Unbanning the Cheaters is moronic...

However I think banning cheaters isn't as creative as you can be.

If you're caught cheating, They should leave your account unbanned, but it should delete all your characters....And it should keep doing it at Random as well...So you'll never know when your new character will be deleted *grin*

All that and this costume and bell gets randomly stuck on the character for entering Cyrodiil .

s-337407.gif?cb=TUfAYyPdbi
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh by the way I am glad I play on console.

You beat me to it. I never see anything like this on console. Minimal lag. No cheaters that I can detect. Many players kicking my ass in PvP, but I'm pretty sure they are legitimately kicking my squishy little ass.

• Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭

You beat me to it. I never see anything like this on console. Minimal lag. No cheaters that I can detect. Many players kicking my ass in PvP, but I'm pretty sure they are legitimately kicking my squishy little ass.

Yeah sadly I spent my day on this thread. :'(
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I spent my day on the forums while doing The Covetous Countess over and over XP
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭

Wow double tasker here!
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They lifted bans for people sharing their accounts with third parties to power level their accounts for them so of course they are going to lift the bans of cheaters. This is Zenimax Online Studios after all.

Really, you expected less?
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheValkyn wrote: »
    They lifted bans for people sharing their accounts with third parties to power level their accounts for them so of course they are going to lift the bans of cheaters. This is Zenimax Online Studios after all.

Yes?
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Wow double tasker here!

I know right? Putting them loading screens to use :p
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValkyn wrote: »

No I expected more . I expected at the very least a longer suspension . Long enough for them to incorporate some primitive form of security . Not a two week slap on the wrist with a wag of the finger . My Grandmother handed out stiffer sentences for stealing her thin mints .
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this makes me sad on the inside
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so how long does that perma-banned status last?
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole situation is so damn disappointing... all this crap almost makes me regret not cheating...

Unlimited crafting mats/easy vMA or AP farm? All you have to do is take ~3 day break? Not a bad deal...

So sad that this is the environment ZoS is encouraging. :disappointed:
    Edited by Yinmaigao on 15 June 2016 04:57
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    makreth wrote: »

14 days
  • Xylphan
    Xylphan
    ✭✭✭✭
    makreth wrote: »

It doesn't, apparently.
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's this kerfuffle all about.
    People are riding 4000-crown mounts all over Tamriel, why should ZOS bother with this QQing minority?

Cheating is all right, just go back to stabbing innocents for a cute little costume.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait until people figure out how to hack the crown store. Then we will find out what really matters...
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthg wrote: »
    What's this kerfuffle all about.
    People are riding 4000-crown mounts all over Tamriel, why should ZOS bother with this QQing minority?

Cheating is all right, just go back to stabbing innocents for a cute little costume.

This is exactly why they need to keep people playing.
    The more people will be driven away from the game by cheaters, the less will purchase the mounts/dlcs will keep subbing.
    Keeping Cheat Engine users in game means that they will lose a lot of players (=potential 4000 crown tiger owners).
    And there cant be any excuse for using that program anyway.

This situation doesnt make any sense in terms of making profit, to be honest.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on 15 June 2016 05:30
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zoner wrote: »
    Hey ZOS,

So how do you think players who got permabanned for swearing and lost accounts built up since beta, and got told to stop appealing or their IPs would be banned, are going to react to the news that exploiting the banker and using cheat engine aren't as bad as making Bill Cosby jokes?

You really think this is fair?

Because swearing, having innapropriate username or interrupting someone's rp are much worse.
    Cause this is a rp game, and maybe cheaters were just roleplaying gods?

Some excuse for cheating @KoshkaMurka

Cheater: "ZOS I was roleplaying a god!"

ZOS: "Alright your free to go. Next"

Cheater: "ZOS I was roleplaying a god!"

It continues on.

This CHIM-Engine is too real for me ...
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    Thank you for raising this issue, we are investigating this issue. In the meantime, please continue to use the in-game report function to report players who are using any kind of exploit and refrain from posting names or videos showing names on these forums.

This has to be one of the most moronic rules I have ever seen! If someone is exploiting and abusing the game functions and rules then I see no issue with videos showing who it is, nor the community not being left in the dark. It's all over Youtube and other places which is seen by more people than the few in these forums.
    Edited by NobleNerd on 15 June 2016 05:31
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
  • Fasoo
    Fasoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they were persuaded by the amazing play of the game
This discussion has been closed.