The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Permabans being lifted] ZOS how are we as a community dealing with exploits/hacking?

• Bluepitbull13
    Bluepitbull13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Whoever is managing this game needs to start talking about this live. Not buried in a reguarly scheduled eso live. I'm talking about announcing a time and location for the twitch feed in a forum wide banner. Then I want to see a legitimate head of the company make a statement in a freaking suit and tie about what is being done, why people were unbanned, and how you are going to rebuild our trust in you and the integrity of the game.

I don't want to see tigerpants and tee-shirts telling me everything is being taken care of, I want to see a suit and tie manager. Tigerpants and tee-shirts are fine for eso live but this is serious business and needs to be addressed in an official capacity.

In this business the guy in a tie and jacket doesn't know jack and would only be giving us the business. The one in tiger stripped pants and a T-shirt is the only one who understands how code works.

^ yeah that guy (I think it was a cat hoodie), the things that he was saying made me believe he actually plays the game lol
    PC-NA
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Attackopsn wrote: »
    This kind of intentional exploitation and cheating is disgusting. This is the same behavior that ruined diablo on console platforms, such a shame to see players going out of their way to ruin a game.
    Well to be fair their not trying to ruin the game well not all of them some are just trying to get @ZOS to fox their dam game.Can you blame them for that?

Cheaters always say this. And guess what, it's a lie.

It depends if they cheat on the sly or not. Doing it for all to see when you have nothing on the line (e.g., changing games) gets you no points, though.
    holosoul wrote: »
    @Wreuntzylla max enlightenment is 12 days just fyi

Doh, when did that happen???
    God_flakes wrote: »
    umagon wrote: »
    I wonder how much people have to pay to get un-permanently banned. And I don't think zos understands what the word permanently means. They should just call them temporary bans until a monetary fine is paid.

Word on the street is a well known cheater knows a manager at Zos. A call was made. A ban was lifted. Helps to know the right people.

The 'word on the street' should get the managers name and report them. The amount of liability ZoS opens itself up to through unequal rule application can be retirement worthy and even a good old boy system will crumble when money is on the line.

I have no doubt this will also come out. @Makkir we could put you on the case. Hue hue hue
  • Bluepitbull13
    Bluepitbull13
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know what would really get ZoS attention? if this hit the popular gaming media sites, this would hurt their pockets with bad PR but they stopped covering ESO a long time ago *sigh
    PC-NA
  • phbell
    phbell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has everyone forgotten why we have a CP cap? Was it not generated from the user response to a player solo'ing Molag Bal in the IC Sewers? Everyone blamed Champion Points. How do we not know that this accomplishment was not done with Cheat Engine? I believe it very probable and we all now pay the price in both PvE and PvP with CP caps.

For me - this is the depth this pollution of cheating has corrupted my faith. The silence from ZOS is an indication of their acceptance of the problem.
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that it's high time that we contacted all of the gaming magazines and online gaming review sites, as well as the G4 television show about this issue. Turn the heat WAY up, and in a VERY public way.

I know that if I do in fact end up going to QuakeCon, I'll be hitting the media booths hard to prod them into reporting on all of the cheating on ESO, and ZOS's completely lackluster responses.

If someone wants to consolidate all of the data, questions, and other important info which we would want delivered in hardcopy form to the media, I'm pretty sure that we can get a number of attendees to deliver them.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I love a good telenovela, the whole "made a phone call and got unbanned" thing really doesn't hold water in my opinion.

I mean, remove the distaste for ZOS currently and think about that. How could this person, unless they are literally in charge of everyone, still have a job after approving that request?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Hey guys lay off Alan. He's just trying to do his job. This is a very sensitive topic. Let's refocus on what's important. Discuss the cheating not thread management.

Hold the phone here! The problem is in fact 100% THE MANAGEMENT!!!!!

It has been from the start.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pomaikai wrote: »
    Hey guys lay off Alan. He's just trying to do his job. This is a very sensitive topic. Let's refocus on what's important. Discuss the cheating not thread management.

He's not management. My advice to you would be to email management instead of picking on the guy trying to do his job and earn a paycheck supporting his family.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Bluepitbull13
    Bluepitbull13
    ✭✭✭✭

He's not management. My advice to you would be to email management instead of picking on the guy trying to do his job and earn a paycheck supporting his family.

3ESnwJY.jpg
    PC-NA
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any official response on this matter, regarding the reverse-ban process ? What did Zos say about it? Or have they gone eyes shut completely and turning face the other way?
  • diskiukas
    diskiukas
    ✭✭✭
    Well , seems like next step for ZOS is to start talking how it's not considered cheating and it's , though unintended, but part of the game. Then , they will start releasing content that will be balanced with CE in mind. Fun times ahead.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »

The 'word on the street' should get the managers name and report them. The amount of liability ZoS opens itself up to through unequal rule application can be retirement worthy and even a good old boy system will crumble when money is on the line.

I have no doubt this will also come out. @Makkir we could put you on the case. Hue hue hue [/quote]

Are we referring to the European country or the Grand Slam guy?
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whoever is managing this game needs to start talking about this live. Not buried in a reguarly scheduled eso live. I'm talking about announcing a time and location for the twitch feed in a forum wide banner. Then I want to see a legitimate head of the company make a statement in a freaking suit and tie about what is being done, why people were unbanned, and how you are going to rebuild our trust in you and the integrity of the game.

I don't want to see tigerpants and tee-shirts telling me everything is being taken care of, I want to see a suit and tie manager. Tigerpants and tee-shirts are fine for eso live but this is serious business and needs to be addressed in an official capacity.

In this business the guy in a tie and jacket doesn't know jack and would only be giving us the business. The one in tiger stripped pants and a T-shirt is the only one who understands how code works.

I don't expect the guy in the tie to know how to code. I expect him to give the directive and kick people in the butt until its completed.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't expect the guy in the tie to know how to code. I expect him to give the directive and kick people in the butt until its completed.

He is not gonna want to get blood on his suit, unless it was a red suit in which case the blood would not matter, but the suit would look tacky.
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong. The problem is in fact 100% THE CHEATS!!!!!

• forzajuve212
    forzajuve212
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need to keep
    Well I guess it's time to pull the sub and move on.

Loyal paid supporter since beta, but if they are going to let these cheaters back into the game there is no point bothering with pvp so I guess I'll just explore the Gold Coast with the remaining time on my sub, then I'll be out I guess...man am I dissapointed....what a damn shame....

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @Wrobel

This is what happens when you fail to do your job as a company.

@forzajuve212

Yeah im really bummed about this, but there is no point in playing at all if they are going to allow cheaters back into the game. Its bad enough you had folks accusing everyone over CE, but now this....no way. This has officially killed the game for me completely, and I loved this game, i was only vocal on somethings because i actually cared...At the end of the day, we all enjoyed some aspect of the game which is why we still played.

Capture.jpg
    Capture2.jpg

Congrats Zenimax! This policy towards cheaters and exploiters has finally driven me, a loyal supporter since the start, to pull my Subscription.

I refuse to spend my sub money subsidizing the enjoyment of cheaters, or subsidizing the PTS to beta test for consoles.

PVE leaderboards and competition is ruined.
    PVP leader boards, competition, and fair play is ruined.
    No VAC or any kind of real anti-cheat system exists at all

If your not on console they simply don't care, this tells me PC users have bee completely abandoned. Actions speak louder then words..i'd love to comeback and resub, do something about the cheaters...until then i guess i'll take my money elsewhere...The shop across the street(Steam) will love to have my business, i could easily buy 1 game a month from them instead....

Man im so bummed about this....what a shame.....do something about it ZOS so i can come back. Right now, I simply can't. Im gonna play the Gold Coast since i paid for it, then its time to move on i guess...

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AntonioP @Wrobel @ZOS_MattFiror

This is not an isolated incident. This is what happens when an MMO decides to allow cheaters to exist and thrive in a game and do nothing to stop it. If you don't issue a statement soon, your game is gonna go down the drain very quickly. Show us you give a ***, Zenimax.

@RinaldoGandolphi

I don't blame you man. I love this game but *** like this pushes me away from ESO and towards other games. It's pathetic.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All of upper management right up to the ceo and investors have public contacts. If nothing is done I would go there before gaming magazines as they will do irreparable harm being more intersted in the scandle than its resolution.

Be polite, address your concerns with them, don't blame names.
    Edited by Armitas on 15 June 2016 17:46
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Xylphan
    Xylphan
    ✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    While I love a good telenovela, the whole "made a phone call and got unbanned" thing really doesn't hold water in my opinion.

I mean, remove the distaste for ZOS currently and think about that. How could this person, unless they are literally in charge of everyone, still have a job after approving that request?

I have to agree that this doesn't pass the sniff test. There's a difference between actually seeing something (a "permabanned" player suddenly back in the game) vs. wild rumor and speculation ("my best friends brother's cousin's former roomate heard..."). Let's keep things real here.

Cheaters are like criminals; only the stupid ones get caught. Someone boosting themselves to the top of the leaderboard with an impossible score is an example of a stupid criminal. However, for every stupid criminal there's a lot more who aren't. They just nudge their stats a bit, enough to give them a plausible edge but not enough to raise any obvious red flags.

You can't really trust anything at this point, and who knows what other exploits and cheats people may be using that just haven't popped up on the radar yet. Perhaps even more will cheat now that it seems there aren't any serious repercussions. Maybe the leaderboards will become like the "Hall of Shame" from Progress Quest. :p
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Canceled my automatic renewal of eso+, the reversal of bans and the continuing silence from you @ZOS_RichLambert and your team is shameful. If you can't take some time to come on here and show the couminty some respect then you'll see no more of my money.
    Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
  • forzajuve212
    forzajuve212
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_MattFiror @Wrobel @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AlanG @ZOS_GinaBruno

This.
  • forzajuve212
    forzajuve212
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mickey_Ox wrote: »
    Canceled my automatic renewal of eso+, the reversal of bans and the continuing silence from you @ZOS_RichLambert and your team is shameful. If you can't take some time to come on here and show the couminty some respect then you'll see no more of my money.

@ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert @Wrobel

This is what is happening right now and it is becoming more widespread. If you do not stand up and address this issue, your game is gonna fall apart soon. It's up to you to decide.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Wrong. The problem is in fact 100% THE CHEATS!!!!!

Probably.

The real problem I find is that the cheats are busy on the forums taunting everyone.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little disappointed I cancelled my sub and vowed to not give ZOS more money over the terrible balance decisions in the TG patch. I would have much rather done that over their monumental failure handling exploiters in the DB patch.

I think Gina is quite happy to be on maternity leave and not have to be the one dealing with an enraged community and flaccid management decisions.
  • Minsc
    Minsc
    ✭✭✭
    phbell wrote: »
    Has everyone forgotten why we have a CP cap? Was it not generated from the user response to a player solo'ing Molag Bal in the IC Sewers? Everyone blamed Champion Points. How do we not know that this accomplishment was not done with Cheat Engine? I believe it very probable and we all now pay the price in both PvE and PvP with CP caps.

For me - this is the depth this pollution of cheating has corrupted my faith. The silence from ZOS is an indication of their acceptance of the problem.

No, that was done mostly because that player had increased stats due to being an emperor , something that the game's lead designer failed to spot ( easily seen by anyone who plays the game)
  • fr33r4ng3r
    fr33r4ng3r
    ✭✭✭
    We really, really need better communication. Cheating is a poison that rots the credibility of a game and destroys the experience for all. Hacking and exploits wrecked The Division for me. UBISoft are actively addressing the issue (link here). I think it may be too late for The Division, but we really need to see something similar from ZOS.

Of interest in the UBISoft response is that they issue permabans for first time offenders, and the scale of the actions they have taken (30K accounts actioned with 3.8K permanent bans). This is how you begin to rebuild played confidence.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fr33r4ng3r wrote: »
    We really, really need better communication. Cheating is a poison that rots the credibility of a game and destroys the experience for all. Hacking and exploits wrecked The Division for me. UBISoft are actively addressing the issue (link here). I think it may be too late for The Division, but we really need to see something similar from ZOS.

Of interest in the UBISoft response is that they issue permabans for first time offenders, and the scale of the actions they have taken (30K accounts actioned with 3.8K permanent bans). This is how you begin to rebuild played confidence.

is that a link to another company dealing with cheating is a productive way? Another perfect example @ZOS_JessicaFolsom of how Zeni is failing miserably at this atm.

Your current policy, whatever the hell it actually is (haven't seen one posted anywhere) is not dissuasive enough to prevent these people from returning and continuing to make ZOS look incompetent. Time to step it up.

This is from that link and what ZOS should be doing:
    "As a direct result of this improved cheat detection, last month we announced “the biggest wave of suspensions and bans to date”. This marked the beginning of an intensive campaign during which actions were taken against a total of over 30,000 accounts, including 3,800 permanent bans. This led to a significantly improved experience, particularly in the Dark Zone.

Following this campaign of suspensions and bans, it also became clear that while huge progress has been made in terms of cheat detection, our 14 days suspension on first offense policy has not been dissuasive enough. Judging from your feedback, and based on what we witnessed when cheaters came back to the game, we have now decided to push our policy one step further: we will now start applying permanent bans on first offense when players are caught using cheat engines and we will communicate clearly when new ban waves are taking place.
    "

THIS is what you need to take note of, A) your 43 perma-bans is a pathetic attempt at addressing the issue and b) putting known cheaters on suspensions or "under investigation" is BS and a slap on the wrist. It does nothing. Perma-ban on the first offense and teach anyone still cheating or thinking of cheating a lesson.
    Edited by Cuyler on 15 June 2016 18:46
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a youtube video of an AD templar I believe to be cheating. Any AD guild leaders want to see it, PM me. I sent it to ZOS over a week ago. Dude's still running around.
    Edited by Makkir on 15 June 2016 18:20
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    i
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    want