The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO - One Tamriel (what are your thoughts?)

NewBlacksmurf
NewBlacksmurf
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Per Matt F's announcement

-No more level restrictions
-after tutorial, no faction limitations
-limited content restrictions

COMING this fall
***Edit***
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3
Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 13, 2016 3:14AM
-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With One Tamriel, we are opening up the entire playable world to everyone, no matter their level. This is a pretty big deal. One Tamriel makes the game much more grouping and social-friendly, as the player base will no longer be divided into thirds and also won't be divided by player level. The reasons we are doing this are simple: we want to make it easier for ESO players to group together, and to promote the sense of freedom to explore that Elder Scrolls games are known for. In other words, we're bringing the same auto-leveling system (called “battle leveling") that has been so successful in our DLCs to the entire game.

Here are the basics:
    • Characters will have their level scaled the same way that we currently scale players to the level of DLC zones (Imperial City, Orsinium, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood).
    • You will be able to explore the entire world in any sequence you wish - just walk across the world and you will always find appropriately leveled content.
    • You will be able to play and group with anyone in the game at any time (outside of PvP). No longer will you have to create a lower level character to play with a friend who has just joined the game. You will be able to group and adventure together from the moment your friend emerges from the tutorial.
    • We are dropping all PvE Alliance restrictions. You will be free to explore of all Tamriel, including other Alliances. It is up to you how you want to role-play your character while doing this. “Silver" and “gold" versions of zones will be replaced by Cadwell quest storylines that you can do in any order you wish.
    • Alliance restrictions will still be enforced in all PvP areas, of course. One Tamriel will not affect the PvP systems in Cyrodiil.
    • In general, higher level players will be the same “level" as lower level players, but they will have far more tools in their arsenal: better gear, more abilities, and of course more Champion points.
    • We will adjust gear rewards to scale appropriately to make sure that there is always a way to get more powerful via crafting, questing, PvP, and dungeon/trial boss loot drops.
    • All Trials and Dungeons will continue with standard and Veteran difficulty modes, and you will have to be Veteran level to play veteran dungeon modes.
    • The Coldharbour zone will be “roped off" from players who have not yet completed the quests that lead there. However, if you are invited to a group that is already there, or travel to a friend who is there, you can immediately access the zone.

Okay...
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on June 13, 2016 1:05PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just got to say Tamriel One is exactly the game I want and am so excited :)
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Craglorn will actually be worth doing now...
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In summery, #BE3 just announced that soon, you will be able to play with anyone.. anywhere in Tamriel! Level will not mater! This is crazy new's!

Woow, MOD just threw together like 10 threads.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on June 13, 2016 3:00AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt Frior announced ESO: One Tamriel. All content barriers (factions, level restrictions etc) will be gone!

Coming "this Fall".
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty disappointing at first look, but I won't be sure until I hear more. With no level restrictions, it is kind of hard to find a point.
    Edited by timidobserver on June 13, 2016 2:51AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Smileybones
    Smileybones
    ✭✭✭✭
    Care to share a link or an info about that Matt F's announcement ?
  • Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed, nothing about the next dlc.
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good to me, playing anywhere without level restrictions and did he say factions too?
  • Shuichi
    Shuichi
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if this means switching between Cyrodiil alliances will become the new system. I highly doubt it.
    Hand of Sithis - Daggerfall Covenant
  • krees28b14_ESO
    krees28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty disappointing at first look, but I won't be sure until I hear more.

Agreed. Nice little announcement, but till I get some details I am not holding my breath on what exactly he meant.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I imagine they'll have to tweak some of the quests a bit to make them flow better with the concept of no alliances -- or perhaps we'll have Daggerfall specific quests in Aldmeri territory? Or more? I dunno.
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need more "meat" to what he said to really form an educated opinion. My first thought was, "whaaat??" I'm on the fence until more info.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do they constantly fix what is not broken.

So disappointing...
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do believe the unexplained concept is a world that's somehow scaled so it should introduce some logical phasing technology.

Honestly, I think it's huge and at its surface, far better than Andy DLC announcement because this could resolve many issues thus paving a clearer path for any future DLC.

All speculation at this point tho
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need some details on this.

especially how it relates to PVP.

I was kinda disappointed though, that the "One Tamriel" announcement was not for cross-platform play.

even so, this is going to change almost everything about what we are used to in the game, I think.
    Edited by JMadFour on June 13, 2016 2:56AM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed. Nice little announcement, but till I get some details I am not holding my breath on what exactly he meant.

It sounds like they are going the GW2 approach with dynamically scaling content/events but I can't be sure.
    Edited by timidobserver on June 13, 2016 2:53AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what does this mean? I can run about doing what I want and the world is leveling with me like in skyrim or I can run about doing what I want and having my head handed to me because zones are still set to be what they are?
    Edited by CombatPrayer on June 13, 2016 2:54AM
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yaaay!!!
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is great news for Guilds.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Care to share a link or an info about that Matt F's announcement ?

Just was announced on twitch
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JMadFour wrote: »

I believe in context, PvP will remain scaled so I'd imagine that we pick sides to fight for which should allow us to change alliances in some ways. Prob a huge change to Cyrodil but again...all speculation cause nothing was said in any detail even if it's PvE or PvP or both
  • Conquistador
    Conquistador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, do morons come up with this crap? What is the point of leveling if you are going to shove everyone on the same platform to compensate for lackluster regions? I thought this game had a future in it, but wow, the people running the show need to wake up.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have been hoping they would go this direction since I first played the game. Still need more details but am so excited.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Tamriel including trait change because you hate RNG constantly giving you goofy well-fitted.....
  • krees28b14_ESO
    krees28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

It sounds like they are going the GW2 approach with dynamically scaling content/events but I can't be sure.

Yeah it does. But till they tell us more in the coming months and what else is coming with it (housing, new pvp, FIXED pvp would also be nice) I'm not going to get to excited. I do hope it is cross platform or at least one day it will be.
  • Conquistador
    Conquistador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Total garbage.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JMadFour wrote: »

I was kinda disappointed though, that the "One Tamriel" announcement was not for cross-platform play.

even so, this is going to change almost everything about what we are used to in the game, I think.

Cross platform will never happen until both consoles have MAJOR hardware updates, add add-ons and full keyboard and mouse gameplay support.

It's just too different to consider merging servers like that
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand what this all means. Does it mean that players from all alliances are now all commingled at the same time in all zones? Will champ points still be around? How does this affect progression, gear, etc?
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was expecting to see what's comming ahead. Though this might be good news as a step to bring ESO closer to a sandbox.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk