Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

"Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."

• BrokenMandaLynn
    BrokenMandaLynn
    Soul Shriven
    So, when this first happened to me, I was at least able to log into the European Server and play that way.... Now neither is letting me in! WTF?
    Edited by BrokenMandaLynn on 28 August 2015 03:15
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did zos get ddos attacked or are their servers too small to handle the amount of players online?

I hear eso is down on all platforms as of 15 min ago.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    Did zos get ddos attacked or are their servers too small to handle the amount of players online?

Yeah, someone sent them a 1kb rogue packet
  • eremimage
    eremimage
    Soul Shriven
    Yup ... Same in California ... LA
  • Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    DOA cannot reach server !!!!
    PS4 NA
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, as above, same issue in CA- San Francisco, can;t log in, can't connect etc etc
  • Mikeyd0577
    IbarraDoug wrote: »
    The game has been out for 2 weeks...

I'm not even going to credit this to "launch issues"

Love the game but this is ridiculous. I didn't buy it day 1 to sit here getting frustrated.

This is happening on ALL platforms; even PC. It's not launch issues. More like someone unplugged the wrong cord trying to make coffee
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mikeyd0577 wrote: »
    More like someone unplugged the wrong cord trying to make coffee
    I'll bet this is closer to the truth than any of us would like to believe.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Cheshire_In-MadneSs
    Cheshire_In-MadneSs
    Soul Shriven

1) PS4
    2) North American Megaserver
    3) First time issue
    4) haven't been able to play since I've seen it
    5) Not getting kicked, error from login screen with no announcements available
    6) can't log on other servers
  • the_kodiak
    the_kodiak
    Soul Shriven
    Be nice if someone let us now what is going on
  • Cheshire_In-MadneSs
    Cheshire_In-MadneSs
    Soul Shriven
    Apparently it's too difficult, so others are still having this issue then? With no updates I wasn't sure.
  • the_kodiak
    the_kodiak
    Soul Shriven
    All platforms are down
  • MacPhreak
    MacPhreak
    I've had this problem from day 1. However i believe that the problem they are looking into today across all servers/platforms is not related to this threads original topic. I'm guessing today or tomorrow they will find the fault and fix it for the majority of players but a large chunk of us will still have the constant disconnects just like before.
  • the_kodiak
    the_kodiak
    Soul Shriven
    That would be my guess
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not the end of the world.

Server will be up some time.
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • the_kodiak
    the_kodiak
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone have any luck yet
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    the_kodiak wrote: »
    Be nice if someone let us now what is going on

The least they can do is tell us they are still looking into it.

All they do is copy paste the generic "whats your platform, server etc".

But rarely give an informative response. Or a "yes, its an issue, we are still looking into it".

I think this threads last zeni reply was Aug 10.
    Edited by KYNG on 28 August 2015 05:08
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

"Did I pay full price for a beta?" ...
  • Severeds
    Severeds
    Zenimax pulled a Koby Bryant on me...
  • Severeds
    Severeds
    Eshelmen wrote: »
    It's not the end of the world.

Server will be up some time.

Wanna buy my broken items? I got a few things laying around the house I could use to get rid of. Full price of course.
  • Bullitt
    Bullitt
    This is what I will say I don't believe they looking to anything because I have had a problem with the game crashing since I bought it three months ago it crashes at least three times a day that's on a good day then it'll pop up and say do you want to report this problem well and the little bar where you can put what you want I've been saying that quite a few things and with what I'm saying somebody should've said something to me by now and I haven't gotten no replies I send emails I don't get nothing back I get some automated response about 20 minutes after I send them the problem Seno since we haven't heard from you in 96 hours I guess your problem solved no it is it y'all haven't fixed it to begin with so yeah they don't fix their stuff there just like Rockstar they expect to have some big ass server and they don't have to worry about doing anything about it with it being down this long is *** it should only be down this long for an update this game has crashed more than any other game I have ever played in my entire life they don't fix the problem it just keeps happening you tell them what's going on and they ignore you if you try to call and tell them the problem you sit on hold for two hours and 47 minutes so yeah they don't care I want to know what they're going to do about the time I've spent trying to connect online and I've wasted my money because I've been paying for ESO plus but I don't get to use it can I call them and tell them this no you know why I can't call them this because they never answer the phone you'll sit on hold your entire whole day before they'll pick up so yeah I got a lot of people that are really hot right now about this crap so y'all need to tighten up your game if you can't run it shut it down i'll have more of a fun time trading this game in at game stop and I'm going to get another game that actually works I've got nine different characters one vet 4 a vet 1 a lvl45 a lvl23 and the rest our level 10 do you know how hard it was to pull that off with only playing since the beginning of July with it crashing as much as it has like I said I'll trade this game and not think twice about it if y'all don't fix your crap
  • IllWills
    IllWills
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reports, folks! We wanted to ask a few questions. Those who are seeing "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."
    1. What platform are you on?
    2. What server are you logging into?
    3. Have you been able to play before?
    4. Were you able to play after seeing this error?
    5. Are you getting kicked from the game with this message or seeing it upon your login attempt?
    6. Are you able to successfully log in on a different server?

We know this is a lot of information, but we appreciate your assistance!

-PS4
    -EU
    -Yes, about an hour B4.
    -No
    -Seeing it at login
    -Fails at both EU & NA
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Bullitt wrote: »
    This is what I will say I don't believe they looking to anything because I have had a problem with the game crashing since I bought it three months ago it crashes at least three times a day that's on a good day then it'll pop up and say do you want to report this problem well and the little bar where you can put what you want I've been saying that quite a few things and with what I'm saying somebody should've said something to me by now and I haven't gotten no replies I send emails I don't get nothing back I get some automated response about 20 minutes after I send them the problem Seno since we haven't heard from you in 96 hours I guess your problem solved no it is it y'all haven't fixed it to begin with so yeah they don't fix their stuff there just like Rockstar they expect to have some big ass server and they don't have to worry about doing anything about it with it being down this long is *** it should only be down this long for an update this game has crashed more than any other game I have ever played in my entire life they don't fix the problem it just keeps happening you tell them what's going on and they ignore you if you try to call and tell them the problem you sit on hold for two hours and 47 minutes so yeah they don't care I want to know what they're going to do about the time I've spent trying to connect online and I've wasted my money because I've been paying for ESO plus but I don't get to use it can I call them and tell them this no you know why I can't call them this because they never answer the phone you'll sit on hold your entire whole day before they'll pick up so yeah I got a lot of people that are really hot right now about this crap so y'all need to tighten up your game if you can't run it shut it down i'll have more of a fun time trading this game in at game stop and I'm going to get another game that actually works I've got nine different characters one vet 4 a vet 1 a lvl45 a lvl23 and the rest our level 10 do you know how hard it was to pull that off with only playing since the beginning of July with it crashing as much as it has like I said I'll trade this game and not think twice about it if y'all don't fix your crap

I know the frustration of levelling in a broken beta of a game.

I should be vet enjoying endgame content .
    If only the game didnt DC me a minimum of 5-10+ times A DAY ...
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    1) PS4
    2) North American Megaserver
    3) First time issue
    4) haven't been able to play since I've seen it
    5) Not getting kicked, error from login screen with no announcements available
    6) can't log on other servers

same
  • oryxnamder7
    oryxnamder7
    ✭✭
    Me too im in australia and have a day off. Annoying.
  • ItzWork
    ItzWork
    Soul Shriven

And not a single comma was given.
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    ItzWork wrote: »

And not a single comma was given.

lol
    Edited by SkylarkAU on 28 August 2015 07:30
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
  • ItzWork
    ItzWork
    Soul Shriven
    Dc'ing is annoying, but stop acting like 1 minute here and there is the reason you arnt vet 14 fully geared yet people.
  • msg.jwcurtis
    msg.jwcurtis
    Soul Shriven
    What platform are you on? PlayStation 4

What server are you logging into?

North American

Have you been able to play before?

Yes, played until 11:10 p.m. on 8/27/2015, The game crashed and said to check my internet connection. Have not been able to login since. I have rebooted my router and verified that I can access other websites. No other internet issues.

Were you able to play after seeing this error?

I have not been able to login since I was kicked from the game.

Are you able to successfully log in on a different server?

Are you getting kicked from the game with this message or seeing it upon your login attempt? I was originally kicked from the game with an error message to check my internet connection. Now I am unable to get back in. Europe server says "LOGIN FAILED - An unexpected internal error has occured. Please contact customer service at help.elderscrollsonline.com"
  • Jaydace
    Jaydace
    Dc'ing is annoying, but stop acting like 1 minute here and there is the reason you arnt vet 14 fully geared yet people.

ok firstly it may be 1 minute here and there for you but some of the people that have commented in this forum can't string together more than 5 mins of gameplay at a time at this stage (since the last patch & maintenance) i can't stay connected for more than 30 damn seconds so if you get DC'ed for a minute here & there count yourself lucky.
    Secondly this issue has been ongoing for quite some time and its not just because of the recent attack.
    To tell you the truth i don't thing I've ever been so annoyed with a company for there complete lack of accountability or interest in their customers.
    Feeling Cheated
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭

1min here and there? You kidding me? Did you even bother to read more than the last few posts?

This DC issue is game breaking, crippling those who experience this issue.
    The DC issue isnt here or there, its EVERYDAY. Lasting to the point were people give up and quit.

So yes, I can definitely say I'd be vet already if I didnt have to sit through a login screen telling me I have no internet when clearly I do.
    Edited by KYNG on 28 August 2015 22:13
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*