Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

"Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."

• Capriano
    Capriano
    My PlayStation shows 3 Mb/s download and upload of roughly 100 kb/s.
    I never had problems with any online play, FF XIV ARR, or Destiny or Diablo 3 or Warframe any other game that I played.

When I started ESO I picked EU server because it was closer to my location (Middle East) and I had same problem as everyone else. Couldn't connect or had huge lag spikes when I did connect to the game.

I did the whole DMZ static IP thing for my PlayStation in hope for a fix even though I had no problems playing other games.
    It got better for connections but the lag spike was a killer, just to try something new, I connected to NA server and to my surprise everything has been smooth sailing since then. I voice chat without lag I play without lag, I connect easily and maybe I disconnect once if at all during a 5-6 hours gaming session.

Perhaps something to try for users and something to look into from the dev perspective.
    The EU server is messed up compared to NA, thats my two cents.
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Capriano wrote: »
    My PlayStation shows 3 Mb/s download and upload of roughly 100 kb/s.
    I never had problems with any online play, FF XIV ARR, or Destiny or Diablo 3 or Warframe any other game that I played.

When I started ESO I picked EU server because it was closer to my location (Middle East) and I had same problem as everyone else. Couldn't connect or had huge lag spikes when I did connect to the game.

I did the whole DMZ static IP thing for my PlayStation in hope for a fix even though I had no problems playing other games.
    It got better for connections but the lag spike was a killer, just to try something new, I connected to NA server and to my surprise everything has been smooth sailing since then. I voice chat without lag I play without lag, I connect easily and maybe I disconnect once if at all during a 5-6 hours gaming session.

Perhaps something to try for users and something to look into from the dev perspective.
    The EU server is messed up compared to NA, thats my two cents.

Its good that NA isnt as bad for you. But NA is still pretty bad for lag and DCs.

I did a test, when I was DC'd one time I made a EU account, it lagged more than NA, but didnt DC.
    NA plays smoother than EU for me, but NAs lag spikes are worse and NA DCs me.
    I was able to stay on EU for longer, but the constant lag made it annoying to play.

NA plays fine until a lag spike, screen either fast forwards or freezes and I DC.
    EU is constant lag, spells have a 3-5 secs delay. But I didnt DC.

Those are on good days. Other days I cant get past loading screen, it'll just DC over and over.
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

"Did I pay full price for a beta?" ...
  • nosillalouise
    Ive been DCed about 15 times in the past 30 minutes.
    I'm on the NA Server, not even in PvP, just collecting Lorebooks in Greenshade.
  • LGG11
    LGG11
    844-936-4629
    eso support number :wink:

GENERAL INFO
    BETHESDA SOFTWORKS LLC
    1370 Piccard Drive Suite 120
    Rockville, MD 20850
    (301) 926-8300
    info@bethsoft.com
    googled and found off more official website

http://help.bethsoft.com/

http://bethsoft.com/en-us/contact

http://bethsoft.com/age
    (go to age one to pick your region stuff)
    Edited by LGG11 on 31 January 2016 15:24
    I Pawn U Respawn & I Spawn2Kill
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Cant believe this is still an issue.
    So I can chat in game until I DC, yet some how I'm DC'd because I have no net?
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• MacPhreak
    MacPhreak
    I just gave up trying to get this game to work a few months ago. Very much doubt I'll ever be able to play it for any length of reasonable time, so it's 60 bucks wasted & lesson learned the hard way for me.
  • SavageHenry
    SavageHenry
    ✭✭✭
    Came back for the Thieves Guild DLC only to encounter this same problem,

I can play other games online endlessly with no issues but the moment I start up ESO I start running into these issues.
    Just random Disconnects happening any where from 10 minutes in to 20.

I don't think I ever actually been able to play this game on PC or Playstation without issue.

I'm on ps4 using EU Servers.
    I have run all the standard checks, I have test and retested my connection, I have rang my isp and had them run tests, I have deleted and reinstalled a number of times. I have run it wired and wireless with no noticeable difference.

I can play battlefield, The division, Eve online, Path of Exile and any number of online games with out this issues, but ESO just doesn't want me to play.

So at this point I just give up. time to put ESO on the shelf.
  • BespokeDragoon
    BespokeDragoon
    Soul Shriven
    can't login to my daggerfall guy after 15 mins just logs me out sating i need an internet connection
  • PSYCHOWHITE_NZ
    PSYCHOWHITE_NZ
    Soul Shriven
    This has been happening to me since i brought my ps4 a month ago.
    It really sucks!
    Psycowhite_Nz Nord Dragonknight PS4 NA EP
  • orlan
    orlan
    Not doing much this morning, it's trying to login, just showing loading thats all it's doing this morning, and ended up with connection to server timed out message. :(
  • vwmc
    vwmc
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reports, folks! We wanted to ask a few questions. Those who are seeing "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."
    1. What platform are you on?
    2. What server are you logging into?
    3. Have you been able to play before?
    4. Were you able to play after seeing this error?
    5. Are you getting kicked from the game with this message or seeing it upon your login attempt?
    6. Are you able to successfully log in on a different server?

We know this is a lot of information, but we appreciate your assistance!

Hello ZOS, please see my input below. Hope it helps.

* PS4.
    * NA.
    * Yes - always been able to play in the past, with reasonable lag spikes of 1 or 2 seconds in small pvp campaigns, and 5+ seconds in pop locked campaigns. The last two days have been much worse though.
    * At some point yes, I was able to play again.
    * Yes, I keep getting logged out very often for the last couple days. I don't remember ever seeing that message on login attempt though.
    * I don't play on different servers.

Below's an example of what my game play feels like for the last couple days. I'd say in average every one minute I get a 10 seconds lag spike, and every 3-5 minutes I get logged out with the message "make sure you have a valid internet connection".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwSS0JtlWAU
  • vwmc
    vwmc
    Soul Shriven
    I just said yesterday I had never seen this message at first login attempt. Today for the first time I can't login at all. The last three days have been pure frustration trying to play ESO.
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Lag, freeze and disconnect if the freeze last to long, same here on PS4 EU server.

The lag has always been bad in PvP, sometimes bad in PvE as well. Even direct connect of the PS4 to the modem doesn't solve the issue so it's not a router issue.

• buho.29eb17_ESO
    Welcome to Elder Joke Online , making bugs since 2013
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Stopped playing in March or April, can't remember. Just came back.

I see nothing has changed ...

Playing Scourge PvP right now, been DC'd twice in less than 10mins.

Edited by KYNG on 15 September 2016 10:11
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• Lyrander
    Lyrander
    ✭✭✭
    crash crash crash

unable to connect to game server...blablabla

NA PC
    three times a row

im going to play another game now
  • hugh440
    hugh440
    ✭✭
    I've been running into this problem all night... Making it miserable to even try and play when I have a really limited amount of time :(