Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

"Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."

• r8dr4life
    r8dr4life
    These questions that everyone keeps replying to from customer support\help desk are very standard questions. If you are expecting any technical help from those, you will be waiting a very long time. In my experience, help desk\customer service is usually a department of people with very little technical knowledge that will mainly just take tickets and pass them on to people with better skill sets. Most responses from there are very basic and from a standard template. It sure seems that anyone with any real technical knowledge is spending their time and energy on their DLC test. It can't be a coincidence that all of these issues started around the same time that the test began. This is also probably why they have not rebooted the servers. I think they know exactly is going on and that the test is taking a higher priority than the login issues. Now, if we could just get someone with some real technical knowledge to give us the details about what is really going on, that would be a step in the right direction.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sithgear75 wrote: »
    They should have asked us for our ISP and geographical location to help narrow down the route to the server of those affected.
    They have this info every time we attempt to connect.
    Keeping us in the dark is not one of those things. Working with the community is.
    This is the key. No feedback concerning our issue is making it worse.

For all we know, 100 people have been working around the clock these last 72 hours to fix this.

The lack of response makes some of us wonder if we're waiting for the 1 tech person with the key to the server closet to check in because he's not answering his cell phone.

More of us are tending towards the latter as time ticks by without any official updates.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • r8dr4life
    r8dr4life
    I am now immediately getting an error 301, unable to connect to the server. It does not even attempt to load the character select screen. Hopefully this means that they have applied a fix and are rebooting the server.
  • chefyoshio
    COME ON MAN!!! I WORK 6 DAYS A WEEK AND HAVE LIMITED TIME TO PLAY AS IT IS ALREADY. FOR 2 NIGHTS I BEEN TRYING TO LOGIN WITH PROBLEMS OF "I HAVE NO VALID INTERNET CONNECTION" FUNNY SPEEDTEST.NET TELLS ME I HAVE 35 MB/S DL SPEED AN 40 MB/S UPLOAD. WHY AM I PAYING 15$ A MONTH IF THEIR IS GOING TO CONSISTENTLY BE PROBLEMS. THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A TEAM ON THIS ISSUE SOLVING THE PROBLEM THE SECOND IT CAME TO YOUR ATTENTION. RUINING MY ALREADY LIMITED ASS TIME TO PLAY. FIX THE PROBLEM FFS
  • DelbertStinkfester
    So this isn't fixed yet?.....Sad Face :(

I wonder how much money this is costing them.....and I don't mean the people who just threaten to leave or stop supporting the game and as soon as it's back up act like they never said it but how much in real $$$$$$$

It has to be allot.
  • xbeerxbreath
    I have friends who are within a half hour drive who are logged in and playing. They have no port forwarding done, they don't have their system in the DMZ. (hellfire, a couple of them don't even know how to configure a router) I've tried everything, even a reset to factory presets, and no luck with anything other than loading my secondary (occasionally) and loading into EU servers. I feel like i've just been walking into the same glass door over and over.
    I drink, therefore, I game.
  • getmesome2
    getmesome2
    ✭✭
    So this isn't fixed yet?.....Sad Face :(

I wonder how much money this is costing them.....and I don't mean the people who just threaten to leave or stop supporting the game and as soon as it's back up act like they never said it but how much in real $$$$$$$

It has to be allot.

wat?
    Conquered Dreams - Aldmeri Dominion - PS4 - PVE/PVP/Trade Guild
    Conquered Dreams Forum
    VR 14 Sorcerer PVP build/DPS/Healer/Tank - 275 skill points - 50/50 in all crafts Campaign - Azura's Star
  • chefyoshio
    MAKE SOME SORT OF OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT AND ACKNOWLEDGE THE PROBLEM! ACT PROFESSIONAL FFS ! THIS IS A REAL COMPANY TAKING OUR REAL $ CORRECT? DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING AT ALL.
  • getmesome2
    getmesome2
    ✭✭
    They should have asked us for our ISP and geographical location to help narrow down the route to the server of those affected.
    They have this info every time we attempt to connect.
    Keeping us in the dark is not one of those things. Working with the community is.
    This is the key. No feedback concerning our issue is making it worse.

For all we know, 100 people have been working around the clock these last 72 hours to fix this.

The lack of response makes some of us wonder if we're waiting for the 1 tech person with the key to the server closet to check in because he's not answering his cell phone.

More of us are tending towards the latter as time ticks by without any official updates.

EXACTLY they are waiting for people to come back to work Monday, id fire whoever is responsible for this negligence to the consumers
    Conquered Dreams - Aldmeri Dominion - PS4 - PVE/PVP/Trade Guild
    Conquered Dreams Forum
    VR 14 Sorcerer PVP build/DPS/Healer/Tank - 275 skill points - 50/50 in all crafts Campaign - Azura's Star
  • sqootchimari
    Could always play SWTOR, they usually have stable servers

Even when Defiance was having crazy issues (they still do) there was communication. Which is saying a lot because that was one of the worst online games I ever played.
  • arowz
    arowz
    11am EST and this issue is still happening. Haven't heard from TESO in about 15 hours. Can you guys at least confirm whether this has anything to do with the rumors about your payment dispute with Your main NA ISP Leven 3 Communications? If that's true this problem could go on for a while...
  • VoodooxChild
    VoodooxChild
    Soul Shriven
    I'm able to open a door to attempt to go outside from a dungeon, once every 5 login tries, but then goes into a loading screen that then boots me, and this is happening to many others as well it seems. I for one am extremely glad I paid money for this.... And CS is awful, so that option should be taken off of the table until there's a better team.
  • KCCOSavage
    KCCOSavage
    Soul Shriven
    KCCOSavage wrote: »
    Thanks for the reports, folks! We wanted to ask a few questions. Those who are seeing "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."
    1. What platform are you on?
    2. What server are you logging into?
    3. Have you been able to play before?
    4. Were you able to play after seeing this error?
    5. Are you getting kicked from the game with this message or seeing it upon your login attempt?
    6. Are you able to successfully log in on a different server?

We know this is a lot of information, but we appreciate your assistance!

Xbox One

NA

Was able to play fine until approximately 2200 EDT Friday 07AUG15

Occasionally, But every time I come to a load screen I get booted. Internet connection is fine, all ports open, 30Mbps DL Speed/10Mbps UL with Comcast. Savannah, GA.

I am getting the same "Check your internet connection" error at login, character load request, and when getting a load screen from changing zones, in/out of delves, using wayshrines.

I do not have characters on the EU server, but will make one to see if it loads.

This is ridiculous. well over 24 hours of limited customer responses, and no posts on the service alerts page. Really? The entire eastern half of the U.S. can't connect to your servers, or stay connected, and you aren't posting a service alert? Get it together ZOS, this game is turning into another Destiny, you know the game where people payed a lot of money to sit there all day trying to log in.

Created a character on EU server, and so far no issues.

Apparently the only concern is for keeping EU servers up, so everybody hop on to the EU servers and see how they handle the entire NA server load.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did I just get an email on my open support ticket telling me my issue has been resolved when it clearly hasn't been resolved.

Is anyone even reading complaints or is it just standard move things from one pile to another?

I get something's broke and you have to find it, as much as I dislike the snails pace and poor communication these process entail but a flat out false automated reply to a customer, come on.
  • Deu5MaK1nA
    Deu5MaK1nA
    Soul Shriven
    I work in tech support and honestly I think they are doing everything in their power to resolve this matter. I too would like an explanation but I'd rather get the explanation once they're done patching the issue. There is no need to update every 2 hours or every day until an issue is entirely resolved. Zenimax has already mentioned that the issue is known and they'll get back to us once resolved.
  • AlaskeyLandshark
    Like I said, I cancelled my eso plus and downloaded planetside 2.

Great fun when I'm hot, but I tend to be very streaky in fps and just had a bad run. It ended with me trying to c4 a tank and suiciding by accident instead. Time for a break, a craps and some coffee lol.
  • Sithgear75
    Sithgear75
    ✭✭
    Deu5MaK1nA wrote: »
    I work in tech support and honestly I think they are doing everything in their power to resolve this matter. I too would like an explanation but I'd rather get the explanation once they're done patching the issue. There is no need to update every 2 hours or every day until an issue is entirely resolved. Zenimax has already mentioned that the issue is known and they'll get back to us once resolved.

In this industry there is also a customer relations side to things. While they may have tech support people working on the issue, and I certainly hope they do, there should be a community relations rep interacting with us. I'm actually curious, does ZOS even have a department for that here on the forums, or just mods that lock and move threads but don't provide a link between the community and the devs?
    It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not.
  • r8dr4life
    r8dr4life

I don't know what kind of tech support that you do, but I work in IT for a large bank and believe me, you need to give your customers an update. Even if that update just states that you are currently looking into the issue and are sorry for the inconvenience, that is much better than dead silence. There could simply be an update that they have look at this or that and are currently narrowing down the issue, but if my company was dead silent, then you better believe that the feds would be all over us and we would be getting fined. Simply going silent give the impression that the customers mean little to you.
  • BoozeKashi
    BoozeKashi
    ✭✭

That may be fine for you, but since this problem has been going on for more than 48 hours, and some of us are actually paying them for subscriptions, my expectations may be a bit higher than yours.

Hourly updates are not needed, but to go more than 24 hours with no news seems unacceptable when my money is already in their pocket.

The utter failure to update the server status page and the gaffing off emails actually tends to indicate they aren't doing anything.
  • b-Leezy
    b-Leezy
    Soul Shriven
    I feel like I'm being neglected. Zenimax posted that they were going to be watching live streams all weekend. It's as if this feat is a pardons for them, not keeping the game running. These problems started around Friday, the first response that they even acknowledged was Saturday afternoon. Since then no updates, or remedies for this dismay. Sadly all solutions have come from the community and have been make shift restarts and server switches, with success in limited duration.

It feels like they took the weekend off or they just aren't doing an honest job.
    I'm unhappy with this 3 day server down.
  • Jumper45
    Jumper45
    ✭✭✭
    Ps4 august 12th server maint? Looks like that's your goal for the fix lol.
    “All right, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager!
    Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man whose gonna burn your house down - with the lemons!” (Portal 2)

17 Years MMORPG Experience healing and I still havn't figured out why people stand in red circles.
  • shabbyleoub17_ESO
    shabbyleoub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    WOW, I'm in!
  • Goopdog
    Goopdog
    Soul Shriven
    I have played Bethesda games as well as video games since their creation, and its really crazy how technology has advanced video games in really a very short amount of time.

That being said,
    This game has without a doubt the WORST customer service i have EVER experienced in ANY video game i have ever played in my entire life.

Get your crap together, EVERY. OTHER. GAME. COMPANY. Figures it out, you can too, get a friggin customer service department who gives a damn please and thank you.
  • lolzbuckets
    lolzbuckets
    ✭✭✭
    Goopdog wrote: »
    I have played Bethesda games as well as video games since their creation, and its really crazy how technology has advanced video games in really a very short amount of time.

That being said,
    This game has without a doubt the WORST customer service i have EVER experienced in ANY video game i have ever played in my entire life.

Get your crap together, EVERY. OTHER. GAME. COMPANY. Figures it out, you can too, get a friggin customer service department who gives a damn please and thank you.

Well, if this is the worst you've ever seen, count yourself lucky. I've seen some truly abysmal support that makes this crap look just amazing by comparison.

That said, they could definitely stand to employ a few more customer relations mods... I've only ever seen two reply to things, and that is not nearly enough.
  • trezomnar
    trezomnar
    Just tried it and nothing. I don't suppose there's been an update? Last I read they said they were aware of the problem and working on it...that was yesterday afternoon. This is disheartening.
  • CavalierKing
    CavalierKing
    ✭✭
    Well, it seems to be working now. Got my wife's character in and able to travel. Got my character in, and it looks like the servers are filling up. They knew exactly what the problem was - they diverted resources for the PTS this weekend and now they've brought them back.
  • jrsalazar81
    jrsalazar81
    Soul Shriven
    ok so starting Friday probably 3-4pm cst I started having issues that were blocking me from zoning into dungeons/campaign really most things that required a loading screen as during the loading time I would get kicked from the server. I was immediately able to log back into my character but I was limited to harvesting and killing things in the open world as many quest require you to go into a different area. this persisted all day Saturday. it is now 11:30 am cst I have been logged in for ~45 minutes and have been able to get into 2 dungeons and continue with questing and have not been disconnected as of yet. not sure if a fix was implemented during the night or if whatever the issue was has passed but it seems to be much better as of now.

anyone else that has had those issues the past 2-3 days able to play successfully now or still dealing with the issue?
  • jrsalazar81
    jrsalazar81
    Soul Shriven
    seraphis11 wrote: »
    I think it's getting better, can anyone else but me confirm they are able to get past wayshrine load screens?

wayshrines were the only thing I could use during whatever the issue was. I could not enter any dungeons/public delves/campaign as I would time out. as of 11:30 sunday morning cst everything seems to be cleared up for me /knocksonwood
  • Mehten
    Mehten
    Soul Shriven
    Mehten wrote: »
    It's working for me now. I can at least log on. It crashed once when I tried to enter Banished Cells. I haven't tried adventuring too much - just grinding in the same area.

Okay, I spoke too soon. Nothing but the loading ring... not sure what caused the fluke last night, but it's back to being worthless again.
  • MrGigglypants
    MrGigglypants
    ✭✭✭
    Nerd Rage is like no other.