Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

"Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."

• Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. Longer than a day. Numerous problems since launch. But the disconnecting and not being able to connect to the server about a week at least for me.
  • usrevenge
    usrevenge
    ✭✭✭
    looks like the entire weekend might be shot which is the only time i can get any decent amount of play time in. awesome zenimax.
  • mattozzy
    mattozzy
    Still stuck @ the loading screen and zero response to my ticket submitted
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO wrote:
    • PlayStation®4 North American and European megaserver for maintenance – August 12, 6:00AM EDT (11:00 BST)
    Why bother? I love ESO on PS4, but it's almost to much of a hassle to try and play anymore.

Time to look for another Poor Man's Warcraft on the PS4 system.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • BladesBe4Beauty
    BladesBe4Beauty
    Soul Shriven
    This is ridiculous. I know people have not been able to login for longer than i have, but the fact that there's a good chance we discovered (or atleast I did) yesterday afternoon what is wrong and they STILL haven't done ANYTHING tells me they just don't care if we leave the game because they'll still make their money. The majority of people will suck it up and deal with it. Anyway, here's the link to the thread where they talk about what the problem actually is. forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/205194/playstation-4-log-in-issues-on-na/p2

Or if you don't wanna click the link:
    ESO been down for me and my buddy since last night (8pm est). We are in the Philadelphia, PA area.

Eating breakfast and sitting at my laptop now so I ran a tracert to Elderscrollsonline.com (159.100.230.100)

5 11 ms 22 ms 11 ms be-42-ar03.ivyland.pa.panjde.comcast.net [69.139.192.81]
    6 16 ms 14 ms 15 ms he-3-11-0-0-cr01.newyork.ny.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.95.161]
    7 13 ms 40 ms 12 ms ae12.edge1.NewYork2.level3.net [4.68.127.1]
    8 * * * Request timed out.
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 91 ms 104 ms 91 ms 212.162.9.150
    11 92 ms 104 ms 91 ms 195.122.154.4
    12 91 ms 90 ms 90 ms 159.100.230.100

The problem isn't on ESO's end. It's the ae12.edge1.NewYork2.level3.net router is busted. I use Comcast and my buddy uses Verizon so I think that eliminates ISP issues. That's probably why east coast players can't get on. In other words, don't plan on playing ESO for the foreseeable future until level3 fixes their router.

Note- No computer expert here, I'm just an old school gamer that learned how to tracert game servers back in the day when we had to do all of our own troubleshooting with fancy new 90's Internet games.
    Edited by BladesBe4Beauty on 9 August 2015 11:08
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3 35 ms 21 ms 21 ms tge7-3.milywi2601h.midwest.rr.com [24.164.234.129]
    4 10 ms 11 ms 11 ms be32.milzwift01r.midwest.rr.com [65.31.113.44]
    5 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms bu-ether18.chctilwc00w-bcr00.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.206]
    6 10 ms 13 ms 11 ms 0.ae0.pr0.chi30.tbone.rr.com [66.109.1.76]
    7 2085 ms * * 4.68.111.17
    9 * 123 ms 124 ms ae-2-70.ear2.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.154.84]
    10 116 ms 120 ms 118 ms 212.162.9.150
    11 121 ms 120 ms 119 ms 195.122.154.3
    12 116 ms 118 ms 116 ms 159.100.230.100

My tracert
    Edited by MilwaukeeScott on 9 August 2015 11:19
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • ENJOIADAM25
    ENJOIADAM25
    Soul Shriven
    I seriously can't believe this problem is still happening. Its been like 24 hours...
  • CavalierKing
    CavalierKing
    ✭✭
    It's been over 24 hours
  • getmesome2
    getmesome2
    ✭✭
    Im in illinois and same issues
    Conquered Dreams - Aldmeri Dominion - PS4 - PVE/PVP/Trade Guild
    Conquered Dreams Forum
    VR 14 Sorcerer PVP build/DPS/Healer/Tank - 275 skill points - 50/50 in all crafts Campaign - Azura's Star
  • NDwarf
    NDwarf
    ✭✭✭
    3 35 ms 21 ms 21 ms tge7-3.milywi2601h.midwest.rr.com [24.164.234.129]
    4 10 ms 11 ms 11 ms be32.milzwift01r.midwest.rr.com [65.31.113.44]
    5 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms bu-ether18.chctilwc00w-bcr00.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.206]
    6 10 ms 13 ms 11 ms 0.ae0.pr0.chi30.tbone.rr.com [66.109.1.76]
    7 2085 ms * * 4.68.111.17
    9 * 123 ms 124 ms ae-2-70.ear2.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.154.84]
    10 116 ms 120 ms 118 ms 212.162.9.150
    11 121 ms 120 ms 119 ms 195.122.154.3
    12 116 ms 118 ms 116 ms 159.100.230.100

My tracert

Tracert to Elderscrollsonline.com - we don't know for sure where the console game servers are located. They may or may not be at the same location as elderscrolls.com, ZeniMax Germany. It's possible the login servers are in Germany and NA console servers are in the U.S.

Pinging that site is just a guess at this point but the routes I've seen have all timed out at level3. If the game is still FUBAR'ed after Ps4 maintenance on Tuesday then it's not a server issue but a route issue. We'll need an ip address to tracert to from around the world and we'll zero in on what telecommunication company we need to contact to get this mess fixed.
    "When people !@# with you you !@# with them ten times worse. Next thing you know, you're in a motel room with 24 beers and a half bucket of chicken. You see, that's how you get things done." Ricky, Trailer Park Boys.
  • CavalierKing
    CavalierKing
    ✭✭
    Nobody wants to wait until Tuesday. Most people work during the week, and the weekend is the only time they get to play. Besides, this is a major issue, and they should be figuring this out ASAP. If they're not going to, then there is no reason to play this game as you can't trust ZOS to keep it running.
  • westpoint94
    What platform are you on?
    PS4
    What server are you logging into?
    North America
    Have you been able to play before?
    Yes
    Were you able to play after seeing this error?
    No
    Are you getting kicked from the game with this message or seeing it upon your login attempt?
    Kicked from game.
    Are you able to successfully log in on a different server?
    No characters on the EU server. Why would I log in there?
  • Alienbob64
    If I am able to get into the game I can log into alts, just not my main, that I have spent most of all my time playing. Trying to log into it just kicks me out and seems to make the problem worse.
  • keigal
    keigal
    Soul Shriven
    This is ***. Got back on this morning to pvp in North America server. Was playing for about an hour. Got a blue screen and now can't get on North America server again. But I have no problem getting on the European server.
  • westpoint94
    How many reports does it take before somebody does an emergency server reboot? Kick everybody out for five minutes. Trust me, we'll understand!
  • r8dr4life
    r8dr4life
    What really bothers me is the lack of communication. When we get a high priority issue at my job, we give updates every hour as to what is going on. It doesn't matter what day it is or the time. We have had times where we have been working on the weekend into the middle of the night. What is really happening? Is this test taking a higher priority than actually working on an issue with people not able to play? Has anyone tried rebooting the server and doing a restore from a backup to when it last worked? This is obviously an issue on your end. Many of us are paying customers and everyone has shelled out money for the game. All that we ask is for an update every hour or so and someone to actually work on the issue. I've been looking on twitter and if you have an issue that is unrelated to the server issue, you get a response. But if you have an issue with the server, we get crickets. Please get it together and let us know what is going on and what you are doing to try to resolve it. I've played many MMO's and this is the worst communication that I have ever seen regarding an outage.
  • Alienbob64
    How many reports does it take before somebody does an emergency server reboot? Kick everybody out for five minutes. Trust me, we'll understand!

I agree with this.
  • getmesome2
    getmesome2
    ✭✭
    I seriously can't believe this problem is still happening. Its been like 24 hours...

going on 72 hours lol
    Conquered Dreams - Aldmeri Dominion - PS4 - PVE/PVP/Trade Guild
    Conquered Dreams Forum
    VR 14 Sorcerer PVP build/DPS/Healer/Tank - 275 skill points - 50/50 in all crafts Campaign - Azura's Star
  • schwarzman1
    schwarzman1
    ✭✭✭
    Which console are you on? PS4

What is your geographic location? NA (East Coast USA)

What was the last thing you were doing in-game, and where were you in-game? Initial Start Up, Select NA megaserver, Loading...

When was the first time you got kicked from the game, and have you been able to get in and play since then? I was getting kicked during travel between areas using wayshrines.

Have you created a ticket with Customer Support? No.
    Edited by schwarzman1 on 9 August 2015 20:15
    PS4 NA AD
    PSN: schwarzman1
  • ghostwise
    ghostwise
    ✭✭✭
    I've had log in issues since friday night as well. I can log in but it takes 2 or 3 times of backing out after selecting NA server and it will let me in. Sometimes get randomly booted loading into a new area once in game. I can always get back in though after a couple of attempts.
  • CavalierKing
    CavalierKing
    ✭✭
    They have time for this, but not to fix the issue. Nice.
  • ghostwise
    ghostwise
    ✭✭✭
    They have time for this, but not to fix the issue. Nice.

You think forum mods do anything for ZoS aside from moderating forums? LOL, C'mon man......
  • BoozeKashi
    BoozeKashi
    ✭✭
    The service alert page remaining without mention of the issue really is a slap in the face though:
    r8dr4life wrote: »
    What really bothers me is the lack of communication. When we get a high priority issue at my job, we give updates every hour as to what is going on. It doesn't matter what day it is or the time. We have had times where we have been working on the weekend into the middle of the night. What is really happening? Is this test taking a higher priority than actually working on an issue with people not able to play? Has anyone tried rebooting the server and doing a restore from a backup to when it last worked? This is obviously an issue on your end. Many of us are paying customers and everyone has shelled out money for the game. All that we ask is for an update every hour or so and someone to actually work on the issue. I've been looking on twitter and if you have an issue that is unrelated to the server issue, you get a response. But if you have an issue with the server, we get crickets. Please get it together and let us know what is going on and what you are doing to try to resolve it. I've played many MMO's and this is the worst communication that I have ever seen regarding an outage.

Nailed it!

They have time to goof around on twitter with subscription questions (make money!), but no updates there at all. More than 48+ hours with the problems and it has been more than 24 hours since anyone from ZOS has said anything. Oh, but they do have time to move threads and lock them and direct people here, but not 60 freakin' seconds to tell us anything about what is wrong, what they are doing, or how they will make it right. In fact, nothing like that at all the whole entire time, even yesterday's message was limited to "...yeah we know... give us more time..." and then more than a full day of nothing again.

The real slap in the face is the fact that they can't even bother to update the service alert page to even indicate that there is some kind of problem. Are they worried that people might find out?
  • Skoamroth
    Skoamroth
    Soul Shriven
    I was able to log in on 3rd attempt. Went from Bangkorai to Alikr (could only do that paying the gold for tele, not using wayshrine) Tried to go from Alikr to Coldharbor using the same method (paying for tele) and crashed. After all that I could not log in to NA at all.

EU server is golden every time.

Something happened on Friday. If I was ZOS I'd start there. Once they have identified the issue and corrected it I'll download ESO again. Until then, I cannot recommend this game to anyone.
  • r8dr4life
    r8dr4life
    Is it possible that ZOS segmented their network for their test this weekend? That would explain why people can login, but can't do anything. I know at my job, when we segment our network for a disaster recovery test, we can have people outside of the network that can connect to our VPN, but can't get to their pc's and some applications until the test has been completed and the network has been restored.
  • Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have found a sort of work around i think. As long as i don't go through a loading screen i can play. As long as i use wayshrine-to-wayshrine travel i'm good.

Funny thing is, i can get into Cyrodill just fine and everything works there. I can even load into the delves there!

But yeah taking a whole hour just to log in sucks. Idk what the issue is and maybe Zenimax does'nt know either. Hence the confusion and silence.
  • ghostwise
    ghostwise
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably something as simple as more people are trying to play their game and their servers just can't handle it. Game is straight up booming on the PS4 when it lets folks log in. :D
  • KCCOSavage
    KCCOSavage
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reports, folks! We wanted to ask a few questions. Those who are seeing "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."
    1. What platform are you on?
    2. What server are you logging into?
    3. Have you been able to play before?
    4. Were you able to play after seeing this error?
    5. Are you getting kicked from the game with this message or seeing it upon your login attempt?
    6. Are you able to successfully log in on a different server?

We know this is a lot of information, but we appreciate your assistance!

Xbox One

NA

Was able to play fine until approximately 2200 EDT Friday 07AUG15

Occasionally, But every time I come to a load screen I get booted. Internet connection is fine, all ports open, 30Mbps DL Speed/10Mbps UL with Comcast. Savannah, GA.

I am getting the same "Check your internet connection" error at login, character load request, and when getting a load screen from changing zones, in/out of delves, using wayshrines.

I do not have characters on the EU server, but will make one to see if it loads.

This is ridiculous. well over 24 hours of limited customer responses, and no posts on the service alerts page. Really? The entire eastern half of the U.S. can't connect to your servers, or stay connected, and you aren't posting a service alert? Get it together ZOS, this game is turning into another Destiny, you know the game where people payed a lot of money to sit there all day trying to log in.
  • Sithgear75
    Sithgear75
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure they have the worst tech support team and community relations team I've experienced in an MMO. There is a definite time something happened to the network. All of us having problems are able to log into the EU server and play just fine. If we are able to log into the NA server, anything involving a load screen boots us. It amazes me they don't have an actual Dev posting a thread asking for traces from our ISP to the NA console server. They should have asked us for our ISP and geographical location to help narrow down the route to the server of those affected. There's a multitude of things they should be doing. Keeping us in the dark is not one of those things. Working with the community is.
    It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not.
  • CavalierKing
    CavalierKing
    ✭✭
    So here's what's happening guys. ZOS doesn't give a crap about you. The game is no longer a subscription, and most console players don't pay for ESO Plus. However, they have a decent sized base of players who subscribed on PC long before ESOTU (no subscription required) came out. Most of these players still pay for ESO Plus. They figure that they've already got most of their money out of the console players and many of us will be moving on to different games when the Fall releases come out. So, they are focusing all their time on the PTS which, if you check the PC/MAC forums, you'll see is full of issues also. They don't care about us, and they won't be fixing the server. We'll be lucky if it's fixed on Tuesday/Wednesday.