Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

"Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."

• prestonjkingb14_ESO
    Looks like I can finally log onto the NA server but can't load my character now. Before, I would log all of the way in and then get kicked while I was trying to teleport. Getting better possibly?
  • seraphis11
    seraphis11
    Soul Shriven
    I think it's getting better, can anyone else but me confirm they are able to get past wayshrine load screens?
  • kindbeer23
    kindbeer23
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reports, folks! We wanted to ask a few questions. Those who are seeing "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."
    1. What platform are you on?
    2. What server are you logging into?
    3. Have you been able to play before?
    4. Were you able to play after seeing this error?
    5. Are you getting kicked from the game with this message or seeing it upon your login attempt?
    6. Are you able to successfully log in on a different server?

We know this is a lot of information, but we appreciate your assistance!

Xbox One
    NA
    Yes
    On and off. Crashes every time I try to travel or load into a different area such as caves or traveling from zone to zone.
    Both
    Haven't tried.
  • Severeds
    Severeds
    seraphis11 wrote: »
    I think it's getting better, can anyone else but me confirm they are able to get past wayshrine load screens?

Still can't log in... so no. Not better.
  • MrGigglypants
    MrGigglypants
    ✭✭✭
    doesn't seem like its getting better still on loading screen forever.
    Ps4 - NA - FL - At&t
  • r8dr4life
    r8dr4life
    Maybe someone should look into rebooting the servers to see if that helps. If not, how about using a backup to restore the server to when it was last working. This is a pretty simple task that can be done in a reasonable timeframe. Also, it wouldn't hurt to give us gamers an update every hour or 2. Silence is not helping.
  • RogerMasseyb14_ESO
    Daedalos wrote: »
    After 2 phone calls and 3 tickets I have been told again to check my internet settings. Look if I can talk on VOX and use the internet to make a ticket and place calls to your company I am certain that all my settings are correct.

This is what happened when I was booted.

Took guild invite from another player. Game crashed. spent 59 min on hold at 11:10EST was told to add port forwarding was able to log in but can't leave zone or housing. Game crashes each time I try to leave.

I have changed everything you ask.

At this point I have been faced with 2 dilemmas since the launch and relaunch. I bought collectors edition the first time and learned. Plus I'm told my character can't be ported fine. Now I can't even play the game again. More software and server issues. Not a great streak for Zenimax/Bethesda. Throw us a bone. Tell us a time frame. A day, week, month? Lead staff should have a plan of action?

Which phone number did you use?

844-936-4629
  • Skoamroth
    Skoamroth
    Soul Shriven
    Well, after I played on EU for about 5 min I was able to get past login on NA. I loaded in Rivenspire and tried to wayshrine to Alikr, which crashed ESO. Then I couldn't login to NA anymore.

Now I'm going to go play Heroes of the Storm.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to try to login to ESO. If I can't I'm going to free up some space on my PS4 hard drive to make way for games that are playable.
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Utterly ridiculous this has been going on for 24 hours & after having to wait 15 hours for any response we havent been updated in 7 hours. Already cancelled eso+ & am loosing faith zos has ability to manage an mmo on console
  • Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    I like the game but this is the WORST EVER in terms of crashing and bugs and etc.
  • KundaliniHero
    KundaliniHero
    ✭✭✭
    PS4
    Daggerfall
    NA Server

Game was working flawlessly up until last night. It seems I can use the wayshrines with little problems. I can access Cyrodill and was able to even enter Wayrest, not sure about DSA though will try tonight (10 loading screens lol). The problem is entering delves specifically in my case those required for Caldwells quests, everytime I try to enter I get dc. And it doesnt matter even with a reload, if I try to re-enter a delve it boots me. This means I cant complete Caldwells for the time being which is annoying, I wanted my alt to tackle that this weekend since I have the time. Also of note most of the wayshrines work for me except Rivenspire, everytime I try to go there which of course is my favorite spot to craft etc. I get dc. Also two of my friends are having no issues, both of them live in Florida. My other friend who lives in Jersey is having the same issue. Obviously something changed yesterday, Im not a scientist but perhaps a simple server restart would work? I got fed up with this clown car last night and was hoping it would be fixed today :(
  • Shadowknitesub17_ESO
    I would say its currently about the same as before. Yesterday I was unable to log into my second character due to it being stuck between Stormhaven and Bankorai but I was able to log into my main who is in Deshaan. This morning I tried to teleport my main character from Deshaan to Craglorn and that is when I got kicked. Both characters were stuck in a loading screen which continue to crash the game.

Currently I am able to log into my main who has been reverted to Deshaan but can not leave the zone or it will crash again. My other character is still stuck between zones. It still takes 1 out of 5 tries to log into the server and 1 out of 5 tries to load my main character.
    Edited by Shadowknitesub17_ESO on 9 August 2015 01:02
  • Rjthakid
    Rjthakid
    ✭✭
    Mildly considering picking up FFXIV again...

There was a lot to love and hate about that game, but at least it was stable.
  • jrsalazar81
    jrsalazar81
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reports, folks! We wanted to ask a few questions. Those who are seeing "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."
    5. Are you getting kicked from the game with this message or seeing it upon your login attempt?

1 - xbox one
    2 - NA server
    3 - have had the game for 2 weeks now with no real issues
    4 - have been able to immediately at most times to log back onto my character but when trying to travel into a dungeon/campaign/other zone I get kicked
    5 - during the load time when going through a door or trying to zone into campaign the screen says this may be an unusually long load time then I get kicked
    6 have not tried to login into another server as I have time vested in my NA server characters and do not wish to play on the EU server.
    just to add I can play and have for 2-3 hours today but all I can do is run around stonefalls as when I try to do a dungeon or enter pvp I get kicked. while I do enjoy crafting it is by far the most minimal part of a game that I do and really want to get back to leveling my character and more importantly get back into cyrodil because I found it is to amazing even though I tend to lag quite a bit
  • shabbyleoub17_ESO
    shabbyleoub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Still no log?
  • Sithgear75
    Sithgear75
    ✭✭
    24 hours and nothing...
    It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not.
  • mattozzy
    mattozzy
    I have sent a ticket in with what a surprise ZERO response so far. Very sad that this company can't post a PUBLIC notice to players saying OUR SERVER IS F'D UP. I can get to the character load screen and then it will say no internet connection which is complete bull crap. Every other game works fine with zero problems. Haven't been able to play since friday night. Sad that the company doesn't just say we F'D up and shut it down to fix it. This is why I refused to pay for a subscription to the game. I have a ps 4 with verizon fios connection that works perfectly so don't say please make sure your connection is good cause its on your end fellas. Maryland area also
  • stitchmh
    stitchmh
    ✭✭
    First: BRAND NEW....to ESO, and mmo's for that matter.
    ps4
    NA
    Bend Broadband

Created character and played level 1 yesterday without trouble.
    Today purchased PS+...first time...then attempted to log in multiple times never getting farther than loading character. Restarted twice. Considered at first that PS+ activation was involved. Downloaded a game to check....no issues.
    Decided to consult this site and found thread.
    Plan to try again tomorrow before I get too unhappy.
    Submitting my story to help direct repair focus.

stitchmh
    OR USA
    stitchmh
    ESO addict:)
  • mattozzy
    mattozzy
    Also I've been playing last two months with zero problems. I play 20 hrs on the weekends
    and probably another 20 on the weekdays. Not sure what happened friday but since then nothing but loading screens
  • xbeerxbreath
    Said this in another thread, but I'll say it again here.

Secondary character is loading in without delay. (although I can't travel or go into dungeons or delves) EU server, new character also loading just fine. Crown store is down, collections can't be accessed, main character won't load.

PS4
    All ports properly forwarded
    North American server
    Haven't had any major loading issues since the first server crash at launch.

This is most definitely not a problem on my end.

I play a lot. 30 plus hours a week 20 plus on my days off.
    I'm on comcast business, I don't think it's anyone's ISP. It has to be on the ZOS end
    Edited by xbeerxbreath on 9 August 2015 01:58
    I drink, therefore, I game.
  • jrsalazar81
    jrsalazar81
    Soul Shriven
    Ceirios1 wrote: »

This is my second post (with more details). I couldn't find a delete button

1. PS4
    2. North America
    3. Yes, always, but with constant disconnections
    4. Yes, but how often do I get this error message varies on the time I login
    5. Both login attempts and while playing
    6. I've played on EU for a bit and still getting the same error message

I see a lot of players with Comcast as their provider, including myself and i'm having this same exact issue!

Could Comcast be the problem here? can everyone list, who's their internet provider? please

my isp is Century Link(formerly quest ineternet) have never had any major issues. from what I am experiencing and I am about as computer illiterate as you can get it is a game server issue of sorts. I can run around all day killing enemies, closing anchors, doing quests that do not require entering a dungeon, but as soon as I try to move into a dungeon or/pvp I get a load screen that says "this may be an unusually long load time" then kicked with "unable to connect to game server please make sure you have a valid internet connection" I can then immediately log back into my character not even 2 mins downtime I just cant go into dungeons or travel anywhere that requires I guess rendering a new area as a whole. I say this because I can use the way shrines to travel around stonefalls with no issue at all but for example I am trying to enter Emberflint mine and getting kicked every time.
  • mattozzy
    mattozzy
    I have verizon fios so no definitely on eso end not ours
  • AlaskeyLandshark
    Rjthakid wrote: »
    Mildly considering picking up FFXIV again...

There was a lot to love and hate about that game, but at least it was stable.

I've actually been thinking the exact same thing. I left ffxiv when eso came out.

It's a theme park mmo through and through, and I'd prefer eso easily on all lvls but... At least there servers were pretty much always on point. I'll take the game I can play over the game I can't. 2 days gone now. Only response I've gotten from customer service is the canned response.

Might be a good time to check out the heavensward xpac.
  • prestonjkingb14_ESO
    Looks like it is finally working. A few teleports as well as zone changes seem to go through just fine.
  • Sithgear75
    Sithgear75
    ✭✭
    Probably not going to see a green name until tomorrow morning, seems they all have evenings off.
    It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not.
  • Mehten
    Mehten
    Soul Shriven
    It's working for me now. I can at least log on. It crashed once when I tried to enter Banished Cells. I haven't tried adventuring too much - just grinding in the same area.
  • mattozzy
    mattozzy
    Not here.....still won't load after the character load screen. Unable to connect BS
  • Evole27
    Evole27
    Soul Shriven
    Platform: PS4
    Server: NA
    playable before issue: yes
    playable after issue: only on characters under level 10 and still issues there
    during play or login: both
    different server: European yes
    please fix your so called "Megaserver" for North America on PS4 this is absolutely ridiculous
  • Severeds
    Severeds
    Looks like it is finally working. A few teleports as well as zone changes seem to go through just fine.

Consider yourself lucky. It's not fixed.
    Edited by Severeds on 9 August 2015 02:06
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    8 AUGUST STILL GETTING KICKED