Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Radiant ********* Destruction... Seriously

• Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    As an opener? Who are you playing with? Must be EU ;)
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could let whoever does sorc skills review Radiant D. It'll end up reflectable, cost three times the mana and probably a slot on each bar ;)

(yeah, I'm jelly)
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, for the people using this as an opener, it can do pretty good damage. Also, has any non Templar rolled one and tried it? I know, its tier 5 and harder to get. But it's friggin fun as hell to use, and its brand new. Even if they reduce the damage and fix the execute, you'll see gangs of players beaming others. I say this as someone who actually uses it as an execute, at 30% health, because that's when it really kills. And yet, it's still difficult not to be tempted to Goku the crap out of things.
    Edited by likewow777 on 9 March 2015 01:31
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    An all-in-one high damage, unblockable, unreflectable ranged ability with built in execute is a lot of awesome packed into one skill slot.

It's good but don't go overboard. It's not high damage (except when executing), it can be blocked, and no execute can be reflected excepting eclipse I believe.
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? you must be a templar.

15,000 dps with a full radiant destruction comes up to about 5k dps since it takes 3 seconds for it to cast if you have enduring rays. 5k dps is not out of the norm in 1.6. In fact, it is pretty low for an execute.

It does that regardless of execute range, i can be full health and it will hit me for that much. Did i forget to mention vet 6 15k. I must have forgotten that.

Again, 15000 damage comes up to around about 5k dps with an ability that takes 3 seconds to channel. This is relatively average/lowish dps for 1.6. The fact that he was vet 6 is probably why it did such low dps.

If this were 1.5, the guy would have hit you for 1500 over 3 seconds. That comes up to 500 pre-1.6 dps. I typically hate the phrase L2P, but that is all this is.

So essentially what you're saying is that templars should have a spammable skill that does the same damage as soul assault? Because thats exactly what that *** is. First off do you even pvp? I'm trying to get something fixed that needs to be fixed. secondly is does not take nearly 3 seconds to cast. Go ahead and try it and time it.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments]

3 second channeled time
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    An all-in-one high damage, unblockable, unreflectable ranged ability with built in execute is a lot of awesome packed into one skill slot.

It's good but don't go overboard. It's not high damage (except when executing), it can be blocked, and no execute can be reflected excepting eclipse I believe.
    @Joy_Division I like you. I like you a lot. But...

It has substantial damage.
    It can't be reflected.
    Execute part. (Currently Broke.)
    Block? (Not sure, haven't played 1.6 yet.)

How do I know this without playing? Well, screenshots, it's always above 10k Health in the screenshot, regardless of the fact that it's a channeled ability. (Which is why it can't be reflected, channels can't be.) It is a Soul Assault that can be spammed, it does less damage, but the fact that it's currently broken so the execute happens earlier, and the fact that you can use it over and over and over, makes it relatively OP.

It's not the be-all end-all ability people make it out to be, but it is a tad bit overpowered, if they lowered the range so you have to be in gap closer range, then it'll help, but because you can use it 28m away, no one can interrupt you if you're that far away, because no gap closer is longer than 24m. So fix that, fix the execute proc issue. Lower the damage by 5-10%, problem solved. Ability brought back on Nirn-Worthy terms, and it's still an awesome ability.

Either way, the ability will start being used less eventually, every Templar and their mother is using it at the moment because it looks pretty, and it's new.

Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage outside of execute range is terrible. It just is, you know it, stop lying about it. The only reason some Templars use it outside of execute is that magicka based Templar without Radiant Oppression is one of the lowest dps build in the game and the other abilities are even worse.
    Edited by cazlonb16_ESO on 9 March 2015 06:49
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Damage outside of execute range is terrible. It just is, you know it, stop lying about it. The only reason some Templars use it outside of execute is that magicka based Templar without Radiant Oppression is one of the lowest dps build in the game and the other abilities are even worse.
    The first tick of Radiant Oppression does full execute for me, 100% reproducible with no buffs. This is being fixed in patch 1.6.6. The rest of the ticks do as you say.

Agreed that most of these RD QQ threads will go away once this is fixed and we'll see a lot more Sneaking Templar 6% wep dmg w/ 2H Execute one-shot QQ threads.
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you pick on us healers with nothing but shards and RD slotted, hell yeah I'm gonna keep you knocked down as best I can and RD you to death. A lot of Templars are healers and don't slot many DPS skills. We know it's an execute, but it's also got good base damage (no where near OP that's for sure)
    Vehemence
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion it's great for DPS Templers but no healer need DPS or an execute you're a healer plus it's not like you need a class power as a Nightblade stamina build before 1.6 when all class powers were magic all my DPS came from weapon powers.
    The job of a healer is to heal if you die often that's the fault of your team
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion it's great for DPS Templers but no healer need DPS or an execute you're a healer plus it's not like you need a class power as a Nightblade stamina build before 1.6 when all class powers were magic all my DPS came from weapon powers.
    From a PvE standpoint i would 100% agree with you, but from a PvP standpoint i would understand @Observant 's point of view. This topic is mostly from a PvP standpoint, and... well... we all know how well taunts work in PvP.

A PvE healer doesn't need it, but if you have a pretty solid group in PvP the best thing to weaken it is to take out the Healers. The Templars don't have skills like the DK (Scales) which they can use to protect themselves with. We have Eclipse, but that only works on 1 target and it can be broken. If you're getting pummeled by 10 people you won't make it, so dropping the defense and turning offensive might be the only choice then.

If Radiant Ward was the defensive equivalent of Blazing shield, and it worked on Magicka instead of Health it could be a very good alternative for PvP healers (and it would be my choice over something like Radiant Destruction).
    Get 30% of your max magicka as a damage shield for X seconds, Increased by 4% for each target hit.
    Edited by Fizzlewizzle on 9 March 2015 15:16
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like ZOS weighed-in on this topic with today's patch.
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »
    Looks like ZOS weighed-in on this topic with today's patch.
    Haven't seen any patch notes yet (EU server, so not an update yet), what happened?
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Dawn’s Wrath
    Radiant Destruction: Fixed an issue where this ability was scaling too quickly when your target was below 50% health.
    Marek
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really get that healers in PvP needed some power but Templers are not lacking in the offensive skills as the Assassin class I can't accept the healing class getting the best execute it has a range 13 meters longer then the class that is supposed to be Assassins on top of all the heals and power that heal while doing damage this thing is OP for my reasons then the fact that it's broken. Im sure out of ten slots healers (of all classes) can fit in DPS powers on their bars

For the King of Argonia
  • TherrusD
    TherrusD
    I really get that healers in PvP needed some power but Templers are not lacking in the offensive skills as the Assassin class I can't accept the healing class getting the best execute it has a range 13 meters longer then the class that is supposed to be Assassins on top of all the heals and power that heal while doing damage this thing is OP for my reasons then the fact that it's broken. Im sure out of ten slots healers (of all classes) can fit in DPS powers on their bars

The healer class? Are we playing the same game? EVERYONE can play DPS, Healer, Tank.
    Templar according to what I know from friends who played the game longer when I did Templar did not have ANY good damage magicka wise compared to all the other classes.
    Oh and the bug has been fixed. The QQ should stop now.
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes Templers are the healing class with powers and passives to healing and I don't know if know this but most DPS builds use WEAPON powers not class to damage all classes can heal yes but show me ONE player that can out heal a Templer, you can't use no one can out heal you plus you have some pretty damn good tanking power as seen by the non healing Templers I PvP with who have no problem with magic damage plus you really can't call it QQing when the power was legit broken

For the King of Argonia
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭

There's so many things wrong with that statement it's not even funny.

As a healer, I'm always tossing shards to keep the enemy knocked down, thus my party is not taking damage (Even better than healing!)

Being in the back of the group, it's my duty to catch those straglers that are <30% health but smart enough to get out of the way of the pain train & finish them off so my DPS can stay stacked nice and tight.

Organized PVP is the only type of PVP for this guy B)
    Vehemence
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes Templars are the healing class with powers and passives to healing and I don't know if know this but most DPS builds use WEAPON powers not class to damage all classes can heal yes but show me ONE player that can out heal a Templer, you can't use no one can out heal you plus you have some pretty damn good tanking power as seen by the non healing Templars I PvP with who have no problem with magic damage plus you really can't call it QQing when the power was legit broken
    A lot of classes (Templars Included) got class skills which can now scale with Stamina and Weapon power.

AS for your question: Dragonknights.
    Inglorious Shield gives a 30% healing bonus to all healing done by the user. Since everyone (including Templars) is using the Restoration staff tree for healing the Dragonknights have a clear advantage with there 30% bonus over the 10% bonus Templars get (Mending passive), which only gives the full bonus when the target is nearly dead.

Templars have a burst heal, but you won't be spamming that unless you know you are going to die anyway.
    Edited by Fizzlewizzle on 9 March 2015 16:41
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Dawn’s Wrath
    Radiant Destruction: Fixed an issue where this ability was scaling too quickly when your target was below 50% health.

This is mystifying to me. Wasn't the problem that it was starting to do execute damage before your target was below 50% health?
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who said the other classes can't heal??? I said Templers is the healing class cause they are and Nightblades only have one shared heal and that only hits two other people, 10% bonus to Breathe of Life is better then 30% Restoration staff not sure what the sorc heals are and back to my point a healer HEALS you could call out the runner in TS and not burn Magic on one guy.

The better and worst part about this game is the ability to do everything Tank builds want to DSP, DPS builds want to Tank and healers want to DPS and execute focus on your role when I tank I tank, when I DPS I kill *** and the off days that I play my healer I heal I know it's crazy how simple it is to let your team play their own roles

For the King of Argonia
  • Arioco396
    Arioco396
    ✭✭
    is not normal to do double damage that some ultimates
    last attack: 22345 dmg
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arioco396 wrote: »
    is not normal to do double damage that some ultimates
    last attack: 22345 dmg
    Crit Shooting Star from a glass cannon Sorcerer?
    Edited by Lava_Croft on 9 March 2015 18:40
  • Arioco396
    Arioco396
    ✭✭
    no, radiant destruction....
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    no, radiant destruction....

~23k/3 seconds=
    < 7.6k DPS

That's low compared to other skills. AND IT'S AN EXECUTE.
    Edited by Observant on 9 March 2015 19:00
    Vehemence
  • Arioco396
    Arioco396
    ✭✭
    but its a hability, no ultimate....
    other habilitys make same dmg?
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    evedgebah wrote: »
    My tooltip at V14 in maxed spell damage equipment shows ~12k withe the 70 CP. With a 30% crit rate and a 40% boost from 10% magicka, that's totally in line with non-reduced PVE damage.

Thanks for the additional info. :) It may be working as intended; we still want to make extra sure there aren't any damage stacking bug stragglers.

It's hard to tell with these inflated numbers. If just the tooltip is showing 12k what happens if it crits?
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on 9 March 2015 19:14
    :trollin:
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    but its a hability, no ultimate....
    other habilitys make same dmg?

Yup, take Impale for example. (Nightblade execute)

One single instant cast ability can hit between 10-15k, that's a minimum of 30k damage in the same amount of time it takes to finish channeling one cast of RD.

It only looks so big on the recap because that's taking the entire 3 second duration and lumping it in to one large damage pool. Channeled abilities and even DoT's (Damage over Time) can be deceiving in that sense.

I hope you better understand these mechanics now
    Edited by Observant on 9 March 2015 19:15
    Vehemence
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I'm understanding this the argument is that it's an execute so it should do a lot of damage. The problem being of course is that unlike every other execute in the game it's a channel. So you can start it at full health and suddenly get the full effect when their HP drops past the 25% mark? I honestly don't think it should get the bonus damage unless the channeling starts when they are at the 25% threshold. Otherwise you will have templars basically one-shotting people. Am I not understanding this mechanic correctly?
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TherrusD wrote: »

The healer class? Are we playing the same game? EVERYONE can play DPS, Healer, Tank.
    Templar according to what I know from friends who played the game longer when I did Templar did not have ANY good damage magicka wise compared to all the other classes.
    Oh and the bug has been fixed. The QQ should stop now.
    I think you're using the word "can" very loosely.