Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Radiant ********* Destruction... Seriously

• Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heck, it's stronger than soul assault which is an ultimate.
    No it's not. It can be stronger if the target is constantly on low health and is beeing slightly healed/shielded. The damage the ability does when in "executioner mode" can artificially be hold up over time because the target is doing everything possible to keep up HP.
    You can keep a player alive at 30% or less HP by simply (absorb-)shielding and slighty healing (skills with HP drain). Some classes also rely on the low-health status for their class-heal, for item set-bonus effects, bonus mitigation passives, etc. etc.

IN THIS CASE Radiant Destruction stays in 'execution mode' for the whole duration of the fight (doing 4x times more damage because the player's health is beeing held at 10-25% HP). Many classes have specialized on "how to fight when under 50% HP", not just DKs and NBs. Often these players have very low HP and get under 5k HP after being hit by two spells! This is the source of the problem = too much damage that came with this patch BUT you still need 30k+ HP to survive 2 attacks.

Also the game developers should be aware of players staying on low life for longer moments of the fight and because players are spamming absorb shields like crazy, or doing very tiny heals to themselfes, many players will keep seeing 18-28k radiant destruction damage in their death recap window. This is exactly what the spell does!
    6-7 ticks for 5k damage happen if you are at 25% HP for the whole fight. The only thing that will really help you is a substantial heal to keep you away from the low HP.
    If you spam resto staff healing ward whenever at 25% HP you will also be an easy target for executioners. Nonetheless the shield will be 20k+ strong and will absorb the damage! So you need executioners to get through such 'emergency' shields.

Spamming absorb shields or skills which give little amounts of life does not help you vs. any executioner. Also healers and other group members like to spam "Healing Ward" which will result in crazy numbers on the death recap window.
    What helps agains an executioner is to avoid to get under a certain % HP. You get there because of Cristal Shards, Meteor, Aiming Shot, etc. etc. actually, let's say the new "monster damage that came with 1.6" and the "nurf of HP in 1.6." combined.

It is not the fault of the templar class that, since this patch, you get stampeded to 25% HP after 1 or 2 spells hit you. The culprit is patch 1.6 = MUCH LESS HP = being in executioner range much faster

But the problem is not just related to your VERY LOW HP vs SNIPE/etc.! The second problem is that many players have no "real" healer with them in their group (that would be a 6k+ heal every 1-2 seconds). So they just spam absorb shields, or do similar stuff (the list is too long!), while staying on low HP for longer moments. Everything they do does not get them out of executioner range.
    I've seen an organised group with only templar (except 2-3 sorcs) who were all deth raying 1 target after another.
    I've seen hundreds of organized groups doing ganking with bows since august 2014. No one cared. Even now.
    Even magika tanks with this build does more damage in ganks than medium armor wearers.
    Yes, if the players keeps his HP low for a longer moment, as a sorcerer would do by spamming his strong absorb shield, this is exactly what the spell does. Nonetheless, the spell itself is not OP, as targets over 25% HP will only be hit for 1/4 or the damage.
    And even non nirnhoned users do crazy dmg
    Everbody does crazy damage in this patch dude.
    Only plea to keep this ability now are templar who wants to own people and wreck face like the unbalanced DKs used to be...
    Of course, templars are the pre-1.6. DKs!
    - We can defend ourselfes for minutes standing in the enemy zerg while stopping everbody around us, reflecting every damage to us and doing immense damage with a "double whopper" standard combined with lots of fire DoTs. Blazing Shield is OP too and needs a nurf! :)
    Edited by Francescolg on 21 March 2015 13:00
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will admit this spell is the best execute in the game IF the Templar has little to fear against enemy attack and the target, for whatever reason, is incapable of reacting. But it is also the worst execute in the game if the target is at low health and is aware and able to react against the templar.

This matches my experience with it (entirely as a target). If I am aware of the Templar and have a reasonable level of resources, RD is not going to kill me by itself. If either of those things are untrue, an RD might kill me. If I am surprised and low on resources, I die.

RD seems fairly balanced to me.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    3 executes does more damage than 1 jesus beam... jesus beam imba though... O.o. Remember guys your death recap is all 3 seconds of the damage.... compare it to three other insta executes in a row. You want an imba ability right now go look at wrecking blow... it does as much as jesus beam with 1 use.

please, you have to be on top of the target to pull off wrecking blow and if they move one inch left or right it doesn't land..absolutely nothing like the Radiant destruction mess.
  • nukeemstudiosub17_ESO
    14055 spell resistance, not low.

that stuff is overpowered.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments]

I have over 21k spell resistance. I can see why you get hit for so much.
  • Arioco396
    Arioco396
    ✭✭
    It can not be that a skill does more damage than many ultimates
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @x_Reckonerb14_ESO - Could you send us an email to community@elderscrollsonline.com with more details, please, including the name of the character that did this (if you can remember?)

Also, was the 15K damage what appeared in your death recap window?

Really? I thought this was just how the skill was. They start the skill while you are around 50% and then you die (if you don't know how to defend against it) Radiant destruction has always done around 16k damage. People have known this since 1.6 launch. You mean to tell me this isn't supposed to happen?

It usually only kills me if i'm running from a zerg. 1v1 I can interupt or LoS it (sometimes, it's pretty buggy and goes through trees and rocks). I will however admit the skill is way to strong at the moment. It blows the other executes away, simply by the fact of it's range, power, and when it starts doing extra damage.
    Edited by deepseamk20b14_ESO on 10 April 2015 18:03
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like they resolved the last problem with this ability in patch 2.0.4

Templar
    Dawns Wrath
    Radiant Oppression (Radiant Destruction morph): Fixed an issue where this ability was getting the full 40% damage bonus, regardless of caster’s magicka value.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1715069/#Comment_1715069