Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Radiant ********* Destruction... Seriously

x_Reckonerb14_ESO
x_Reckonerb14_ESO
✭✭✭
A vet 6

Did 15k Damage on me with radiant destruction. im Vet 14 in full purple medium. Stupidest *** ever, does zos not test anything?
Zagine- GM of Virtual Carnage
Zagine - Nightblade <v14>
Angelus Secutae - Sorcerer <non-vet>
Faranth - Dragonknight <v2>
Angelus Mortis - Templar <v1>
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @x_Reckonerb14_ESO - Could you send us an email to community@elderscrollsonline.com with more details, please, including the name of the character that did this (if you can remember?)

Also, was the 15K damage what appeared in your death recap window?
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Sythias
    Sythias
    ✭✭✭
    This just happened to me while fighting AD at Nikel. Went from about 70% hp to 0 in half a second.
    Sythias Blackhand - Imperial Nightblade - Trueflame NA DC
    Elder Skills PVP Captain
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    What campaign, guys? We don't want you to call out any names of players here, but you can either email them or PM one of us. We can pull combat logs to take a look.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • evedgebah
    evedgebah
    ✭✭✭
    My tooltip at V14 in maxed spell damage equipment shows ~12k withe the 70 CP. With a 30% crit rate and a 40% boost from 10% magicka, that's totally in line with non-reduced PVE damage.
  • x_Reckonerb14_ESO
    x_Reckonerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Its literally every templar @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    evedgebah wrote: »
    My tooltip at V14 in maxed spell damage equipment shows ~12k withe the 70 CP. With a 30% crit rate and a 40% boost from 10% magicka, that's totally in line with non-reduced PVE damage.

Thanks for the additional info. :) It may be working as intended; we still want to make extra sure there aren't any damage stacking bug stragglers.

Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @x_Reckonerb14_ESO - Could you send us an email to community@elderscrollsonline.com with more details, please, including the name of the character that did this (if you can remember?)

Lol seriously? It was doing 20+k reported on PTS and you guys are acting all surprised?

HAHAHAHA
  • x_Reckonerb14_ESO
    x_Reckonerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    evedgebah wrote: »

I believe there is at least bugs with it, a vet 6 should not be able to hit a vet 14 in pvp while im rolling might i add for 15,000 Damage with one radiant destruction.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A vet 6

Did 15k Damage on me with radiant destruction. im Vet 14 in full purple medium. Stupidest *** ever, does zos not test anything?

You should do the same or more damage with executioner in the time that it takes radiant destruction to cast.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• x_Reckonerb14_ESO
    x_Reckonerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Really? you must be a templar.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

15,000 damage with a full radiant destruction comes up to about 5k dps since it takes 3 seconds for it to cast if you have enduring rays. 5k dps is not out of the norm in 1.6. In fact, it is pretty low for an execute.
    Edited by timidobserver on 4 March 2015 03:09

• x_Reckonerb14_ESO
    x_Reckonerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

15,000 dps with a full radiant destruction comes up to about 5k dps since it takes 3 seconds for it to cast if you have enduring rays. 5k dps is not out of the norm in 1.6. In fact, it is pretty low for an execute.

It does that regardless of execute range, i can be full health and it will hit me for that much. Did i forget to mention vet 6 15k. I must have forgotten that.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 4 March 2015 14:55
  • Edhelas_Naven
    Edhelas_Naven
    ✭✭
    Seem the OPs Spell resistance is too low but who knows, many variable. Should be able to react to it and Block since it is a channel spell and they have reduced the timing of block animations.

We should give the skill some time to play out and see how it is across the board before nerfing it. It is a good skill for a Templar healer, to help out in the execute phase of PVE boss fights.

Max Magicka Beam! Muhahaha!
  • x_Reckonerb14_ESO
    x_Reckonerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    14055 spell resistance, not low.

that stuff is overpowered.

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 4 March 2015 14:59
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

15,000 dps with a full radiant destruction comes up to about 5k dps since it takes 3 seconds for it to cast if you have enduring rays. 5k dps is not out of the norm in 1.6. In fact, it is pretty low for an execute.

It does that regardless of execute range, i can be full health and it will hit me for that much. Did i forget to mention vet 6 15k. I must have forgotten that.

Again, 15000 damage comes up to around about 5k dps with an ability that takes 3 seconds to channel. This is relatively average/lowish dps for 1.6. The fact that he was vet 6 is probably why it did such low dps.

If this were 1.5, the guy would have hit you for 1500 over 3 seconds. That comes up to 500 pre-1.6 dps. I typically hate the phrase L2P, but that is all this is.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 4 March 2015 14:55

• x_Reckonerb14_ESO
    x_Reckonerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Again, 15000 damage comes up to around about 5k dps with an ability that takes 3 seconds to channel. This is relatively average/lowish dps for 1.6. The fact that he was vet 6 is probably why it did such low dps.

If this were 1.5, the guy would have hit you for 1500 over 3 seconds. That comes up to 500 pre-1.6 dps. I typically hate the phrase L2P, but that is all this is.

So essentially what you're saying is that templars should have a spammable skill that does the same damage as soul assault? Because thats exactly what that *** is. First off do you even pvp? I'm trying to get something fixed that needs to be fixed. secondly is does not take nearly 3 seconds to cast. Go ahead and try it and time it.

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 4 March 2015 14:58
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I havent played with it since they 1st released it but it did seem a lil OP at that time... Looking forward to playing with it some more reeel soon ;)
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant Destruction can be purged off, just like Soul Assault... Or you can stun the caster.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you go full magicka or stamina you can pull off some big numbers, gotta watch out for it, though those players are relatively squishy. That's also an execute so.... that last tick of the channel probably wrecked you.
    Edited by Domander on 4 March 2015 03:25
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Radiant Destruction can be purged off, just like Soul Assault... Or you can stun the caster.

As long as it doesn't go through walls I think its fine. Haven't been able to play on live because of work but when I was on pts people learned to counter it pretty quick.
    Marek
  • Edhelas_Naven
    Edhelas_Naven
    ✭✭
    14055 spell resistance, not low.

that stuff is overpowered.

An intelligent being may seek answers to identify what really happened instead of crying nerf immediately. What did i do wrong? Was it a bug? Do I have a good tactic against such spell? Is it happening to other players? Is it possible to improve my play?

I suggest you just file a bug report like they have asked you to do so that they look into it, before you also cry nerf nerf.

PS: Yes my main is a Templar Healer and I am not DPS crazy. My words may sound as if I am defending the class but what I have said is common sense and applies to any suprising situation and for any class.

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 4 March 2015 14:59
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭

If spell penetration is still buggy then it does not matter how much spell resist damage mitigation a player has.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love how people can't do math in this thread.

Are you stupid? It does that regardless of execute range, i can be full health and it will hit me for that much. Did i forget to mention vet 6 15k. I must have forgotten that.

This guy guys...this guy gets it. Its day 1 of the patch and you somehow think your 1.5 build/gear setup is going to work. There will be a rebalance/learning curve period.
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asides from the whole damage issue.

The skill should act like a soul strike, meaning..

It should be purgable, cleansable, cloakable... It sticks on you no matter what unless you interrupt. you should have the option to cleanse it.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 executes does more damage than 1 jesus beam... jesus beam imba though... O.o. Remember guys your death recap is all 3 seconds of the damage.... compare it to three other insta executes in a row. You want an imba ability right now go look at wrecking blow... it does as much as jesus beam with 1 use.
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the reason why putting so much of Templar dps potential into one skill is a terrible idea. It will get nerfed ( again ) eventually, we all know how these things work. And with all other Templar dps skills still sucking a**, we'll be back to square one - magicka based Templar being the worst dps build in the game that is.
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom I just emailed you a screenshot of the death recap screen.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was an execute at 20% or 25% i think it would be fair. Over the last four hours mg entire group of 6 had radiant killjoy beam on their death recap a huge amount of time. It's a bit over the top that it ramps up damage under 50% and does more damage when they have more magic.

I think the fact that you can't line of sight it is a bit broken too and the only way to break it is interrupt so ic you got two or three temps on you good luck staying alive.

All night Yuri just hear Jesus beam oh crap lol.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    3 executes does more damage than 1 jesus beam... jesus beam imba though... O.o. Remember guys your death recap is all 3 seconds of the damage.... compare it to three other insta executes in a row. You want an imba ability right now go look at wrecking blow... it does as much as jesus beam with 1 use.

Correct. In addition, Radiant Destruction can be interrupted which wrecks the caster (not a pretty sight)
    Meanwhile, Wrecking Blow cannot be interrupted, dodging it correctly takes some skill, and the same skill line has a more than functional charge.
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant is a joke, it cant be purged, people can hit you with it while your rolling, 30 meter range, their is no defense to it.

Its a more effective execute for stamina builds then executioner even with base spell damage and magicka.
    THIS SKILL NEEDS TO BE FIXED ITS MAKING TEMPLAR LOOK BAD
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic