Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Radiant ********* Destruction... Seriously

• cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    I think the fact that you can't line of sight it is a bit broken

This was fixed in one of the incremental 1.6.x patches. If it reappeared, that's a bug. Report it.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of players are just seeing big numbers in death recaps and don't take into account that the skill is channelled. It doesn't do all that damage in one hit, it basically adds up all damage done over three seconds. Imagine if the death recap shows three Snipes (cast time 3.3 seconds in total) as one single number, that would look crazy too.
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had people using this skill on me a lot tonight and I can't say I even noticed a drop in my health. The only time it showed up on my death recap was when I was getting focused by a bunch of people. The highest damage I remember seeing was around 10k.

If you're going from 70% health to dead because of this skill then you need to reexamine your build & make some changes.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another reason people may be having problems is the fact that light armour is terrible for damage mitigation now, so all those old magicka dress builds will be considerably more fragile.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree... I think most updated, logged in an hit cyrodiil only to be carried back home in a cart seconds later lol
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? you must be a templar.

15,000 damage with a full radiant destruction comes up to about 5k dps since it takes 3 seconds for it to cast if you have enduring rays. 5k dps is not out of the norm in 1.6. In fact, it is pretty low for an execute.

Yes so PLEASE stop - honestly.

So the only people who can play PVP and are authorised to just wipe the floor with everyone are DKs? How many times have I been literally shield charged and INSTA killed? Do I think that's exactly fair? It is WAR. Get up, ride back and carry on.

Please just stop now.

You cannot win all the time every time and if this is your attitude about taking 15000 dmg when your life should be AT LEAST 2x that - then you have had it too easy for too long.

Templars have 1 (ONE!!) single target skill other than stupidjavelin so just get over it.

(Yes HEALER templar, no I have not even used this skill yet nor do I often PVP - literally because it is full of complainers in zone and forum and depressing as a result ;-/)
    Edited by Islyn on 4 March 2015 06:31
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot believe any of you are that surprised. ZoS's QA is non-existent in this game and they have never got the balancing issues correct.... not even once.
  • Crowzer
    Crowzer
    ✭✭✭
    More templar crying please.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another reason people may be having problems is the fact that light armour is terrible for damage mitigation now, so all those old magicka dress builds will be considerably more fragile.

another significant issue is that all these hords of DKs are not used to the fact to be killed at range without relying to an ulti...
    the dmg dealt outside of finisher range is awefull but still 3times better than using resto heavy attacks on dks...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Believe it or not people actually survived the jesus beam crisis of 3/3/15 :D
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15,000 damage with a full radiant destruction comes up to about 5k dps since it takes 3 seconds for it to cast if you have enduring rays. 5k dps is not out of the norm in 1.6. In fact, it is pretty low for an execute.

Perhaps, but I don't know anyone that just stands there and takes 5k DPS to the face for 3 seconds. They dodge, they block, they interrupt, etc.

Which can't be done with this unbalanced skill.

Compare this to my NB finisher. With max Weapon Damage(2729) gear Killer's Blade does 2879 damage. X300% against low targets. For a total of 8637 damage (if unmitigated)

SO LETS COMPARE:

MINE: Not ranged. 5 Meter Range.
    RADIENT DEST: Long Range.

MINE: 8637 damage.
    RADIENT DEST: Reports of 20k - 30k damage

MINE: Only procs on low health targets
    RADIENT DEST: Procs on all targets

Oh, and to achieve that damage I had to go stamina and lost most of my ability to escape and evade. But hey, at least I have lots of self-heals. ....Oh wait. nvm.

Edited by olemanwinter on 6 March 2015 02:02
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps, but I don't anyone that just stand's there and takes 5k DPS to the face for 3 seconds. They dodge, they block, they interrupt, etc.

Which can't be done with this unbalanced skill.

Compare this to my NB finisher. With max Weapon Damage(2729) gear Killer's Blade does 2879 damage. X300% against low targets. For a total of 8637 damage (if unmitigated)

SO LETS COMPARE:

MINE: Not ranged. 5 Meter Range. 15m if you use the other morph - wich would aswell negate your last point entirely
    RADIENT DEST: Long Range.

MINE: 8637 damage. = 28-40k dmg within 3 sec
    RADIENT DEST: Reports of 20k - 30k damage can be rupted

MINE: Only procs on low health targets
    RADIENT DEST: Procs on all targets WRONG!

Oh, and to achieve that damage I had to go stamina and lost most of my ability to escape and evade. But hey, at least I have lots of self-heals. ....Oh wait. nvm. oh and to achieve this he has to give up all escape tools as templars got none, making him extreamly vulnurable thx to the channel time, opened for everybody to rupt him with either bash or one of the range rupts dealing alot of additional dmg towards him
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]

Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on 4 March 2015 20:31

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    14055 spell resistance, not low.

that stuff is overpowered.
    Yeah you need to learn 2 maths. 14,044 Spell Resistance is a whopping 21.62% of the 50% Hard Cap. This doesn't even account for SPen that any Templars had while attacking you.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 4 March 2015 15:01
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think the skill needs to be nerfed to to the ground, but it needs to be looked at. Its hilarious to see the people defending this without ever even using it in the situation being complained about too. Just bandwagon agreeing because it makes old broken build dks sad.

Put it this way i have 38k health, 25k spell resist and 58% reduction in block cost. If i am above 50% health jesus beam is a warning to me that a Templars is hunting me. I roll dodge and nope still hits you. Get into a line of sight and nope still hits you. So now i have a choice i can shield charge that Templars in the middle of the pack and melt my own face off because well im in the middle of the pack, try to run which doesnt work because i can los the skill or i switch to my resto bar and shield up and hope my ranged friends take himd down. Hopefully i dont get below 50% health during this cause that thing ramps up fast.

If they made the execute phase at 25% instead of 50% it would allow for enough time to counter. In the above example of course i would be attacked by others as well making jesus beam go super Sayan.

Edited by yodased on 4 March 2015 14:07
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only issue I see with this ability is that it starts execute at 50%. It should start @ 30% at most imo. The combo with this ability is the templar hits you with this at 50% and any other Joe smoe hits you with anything and it feels like you insta die because of increased damage the lower your health is. It's pretty tough to interrupt the channel in an out numbered fight unless you have a ranged interrupt or shield charge in your arsenal. This new ability does need to be learned by players atm, like sheild stack like crazy. And learn to not go below 50% life when a templar is around (a little high imo). And don't run away when you have the channel on you, get close to him and bash him if you don't have an interrupt.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    50% execute is stupid, it would be okay if it was 25% but right now it clips through walls and *** like that... I mean I really enjoy the patch but some things needs a looking at, wrecking blow and jesus beam are crazy right now.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kuro1n wrote: »
    50% execute is stupid, it would be okay if it was 25% but right now it clips through walls and *** like that... I mean I really enjoy the patch but some things needs a looking at, wrecking blow and jesus beam are crazy right now.

Have you read the notes? Or the thread? It is not a 50% execute, its a 30%. They nerfed that in like 1.6.1. The amount of misinformation and stupidity on this subject across the forums is mind boggling.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

Have you read the notes? Or the thread? It is not a 50% execute, its a 30%. They nerfed that in like 1.6.1. The amount of misinformation and stupidity on this subject across the forums is mind boggling.

if thats the case the the base damage is too much, it needs to do crap damage like mages fury until execute range. thats how you balance ranged executes.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spaghetti beam is perfect as is. Run an interrupt... it's not like you can't find the person who's casting it on you.

SYt0ZWQ.jpg
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if thats the case the the base damage is too much, it needs to do crap damage like mages fury until execute range. thats how you balance ranged executes.

It does do crap damage outside of execute range.... its like 2-4k dps on your average target. This is a new patch, everyone is running glass cannon builds.
  • morvegil
    morvegil
    ✭✭✭✭
    evedgebah wrote: »
    My tooltip at V14 in maxed spell damage equipment shows ~12k withe the 70 CP. With a 30% crit rate and a 40% boost from 10% magicka, that's totally in line with non-reduced PVE damage.

Thanks for the additional info. :) It may be working as intended; we still want to make extra sure there aren't any damage stacking bug stragglers.

is 17k-20k working as intended?
    Lo'ke
    Nord Vampire
    Nightblade
    Shield+BOW

Daggerfall Covenant
    Bandit King
    Bridge Bandits Guild
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    The amount of misinformation and stupidity on this subject across the forums is mind boggling.

This is 100% my opinion! Together with the severe nurfs to templar healing skills (resto staff combined with templar healing, crit healing bonus on low hp targets, etc.), the removal of one of our best skills (blinding flashes), the cost aumentation on blazing shield, the nurfing of 80% stamina regen to 30%, etc. etc.

I think this class has been nurfed enough in this patch and enough until Dez. 2015...

This class also has and never had a "get-away"-skill. It's survivability against any class attacking it depended 100% on it's ways to crit heal/debuff in emergency situations.

Beside, healing itself gets NO dedicated Champion System "star system", making the healer role in ESO much less attractive!
    The class lacks AE-CC abilities, as well as a meaningful single CC.

Meanwhile, the Templar's healing capability, when being in "emergency situations", has been lowered significanlty. Not 1, 2, or 3 skills but the whole Templar's "system of emergency healing" got nurfed left and right, while hard caps are beeing removed and damage is beeing risen for all classes.

Meanwhile, sorcerers still can port as crazy, DKs can still reflect as crazy (just spam it) and NBs take a large advantage with the new Thief-CP system, which greatly buffs roll-mechanics, vanishing etc.. etc..

Templars are forced to play other classe's roles without the real efficiency behind the other classes...!

Where do you want to go ZoS? (ups, that sounds like a Microsoft-ad on TV)

Edited by Francescolg on 4 March 2015 16:35
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    morvegil wrote: »
    evedgebah wrote: »
    My tooltip at V14 in maxed spell damage equipment shows ~12k withe the 70 CP. With a 30% crit rate and a 40% boost from 10% magicka, that's totally in line with non-reduced PVE damage.

Thanks for the additional info. :) It may be working as intended; we still want to make extra sure there aren't any damage stacking bug stragglers.

is 17k-20k working as intended?

divide that by 3 to get the dps, then realize that its not actually that strong. GG.
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS changes this skill because the mechanics are going over peoples head, I'm pulling out from investing in this game. I can't keep up trying to have a civil debate with people that clearly don't know what they're talking about.

Zeni, pick your poison. You've got two options:
    1. Explain to the community that this is a channeled execute and how a death recap works
    2. Nerf a perfectly tweaked skill and watch knowledgeable customers (and Beta Testers) leave this beautiful game due to poor management.
    Vehemence
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of misinformation and stupidity on this subject across the forums is mind boggling.

This is 100% my opinion! Together with the severe nurfs to templar healing skills (resto staff combined with templar healing, crit healing bonus on low hp targets, etc.), the removal of one of our best skills (blinding flashes), the cost aumentation on blazing shield, the nurfing of 80% stamina regen to 30%, etc. etc.

I think this class has been nurfed enough in this patch and enough until Dez. 2015...

This class also has and never had a "get-away"-skill. It's survivability against any class attacking it depended 100% on it's ways to crit heal/debuff in emergency situations.

Beside, healing itself gets NO dedicated Champion System "star system", making the healer role in ESO much less attractive!
    The class lacks AE-CC abilities, as well as a meaningful single CC.

Meanwhile, the Templar's healing capability, when being in "emergency situations", has been lowered significanlty. Not 1, 2, or 3 skills but the whole Templar's "system of emergency healing" got nurfed left and right, while hard caps are beeing removed and damage is beeing risen for all classes.

Meanwhile, sorcerers still can port as crazy, DKs can still reflect as crazy (just spam it) and NBs take a large advantage with the new Thief-CP system, which greatly buffs roll-mechanics, vanishing etc.. etc..

Templars are forced to play other classe's roles without the real efficiency behind the other classes...!

Where do you want to go ZoS? (ups, that sounds like a Microsoft-ad on TV)

Nail on the head.

Templars got lots of other nerfs.

I feel like most of the crying here is DKs that are used to spamming one skill that trumps all ranged attacks.

This is definitely a L2P issue.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why did they close the thread with more pages and a more reasonable less flamy title and link everyone to this thread with censoring all throughout the subject.
    Edited by timidobserver on 4 March 2015 17:10
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did they close the thread with more pages and a more reasonable less flamy title and link everyone to this thread with censoring all throughout the subject.

Agreed, but I think they did it because this thread is in the more appropriate section.
  • Asha_Veor
    Asha_Veor
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to make a few points on this ... They have been made earlier in the thread but some ppl seem to have missed them.

Point 1 .. this skill requires you channel it, and only it. (Duration 3.6 seconds)(I'm staring at it on my screen)

Point 2 .. this skill is subject to Knockdown/Interrupt (Been there, tested that, got knocked on my ass, thx Riften NPC guards)

So .. Flaming Talon Spammers ... Instead of standing still for the 3.6 seconds it takes to use the full skill ... Shoot them/us with oh I don't know ... Isn't there an arrow that interrupts? And oh I don't know, a bunch of other skills that interrupt and knock people down?

You force roll dodges on a non cc break ability, and you whine about having to use an interrupt to stop another classes skill?

Don't try and tell me, you don't have a knock down or an interrupt on your bar, I won't believe you. You have to choose wither or not to rush into a pack and kill the caster targeting you? Gee ... are you alone? That was kinda stupid right? Oh your not alone? well then don't you have casters/bows/healers too? And ... this is unbalanced .... How?
    Asha_Veor TwilightPanther
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only issue I see with this ability is that it starts execute at 50%. It should start @ 30% at most imo. The combo with this ability is the templar hits you with this at 50% and any other Joe smoe hits you with anything and it feels like you insta die because of increased damage the lower your health is. It's pretty tough to interrupt the channel in an out numbered fight unless you have a ranged interrupt or shield charge in your arsenal. This new ability does need to be learned by players atm, like sheild stack like crazy. And learn to not go below 50% life when a templar is around (a little high imo). And don't run away when you have the channel on you, get close to him and bash him if you don't have an interrupt.

it has been changed to work that way in 1.6.3

• david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

another significant issue is that all these hords of DKs are not used to the fact to be killed at range without relying to an ulti...
    the dmg dealt outside of finisher range is awefull but still 3times better than using resto heavy attacks on dks...

/agreed.

DKs are not used to taking damage at range, since their Reflective Scales immunity button no longer works so well, and they're not as well protected in Light Armor anymore.

The line of sight issues with the skill should be fixed. But 15k damage over 3 seconds is really nothing.

And DK tears are the most delicious.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK