Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Pictoral evidence of XP problem with 1.5

• DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I myself made an unfounded claim that my VR2 toon is earning XP at a rate that will level to VR3 before completing the zone. But we all just ignore it due to lack of evidence.

Fixed.

Swing and a miss. I am claiming that my VR2 toon is already past the 500k mark, and has well over 50% of the zone to complete. But hey, don't let what I'm fabricating with no proof or screenshots or any other evidence whatsoever, like you put in the OP, get in the way of facts.

Fixed.

I'd love to provide evidence to you. But it's already apparently obvious that screenshots won't convince you. Since you'll just claim there's no evidence that I got the experience without grinding. But then too, since others are seeing the same in game that I am, it's readily apparent that I don't need to. You're just going to deny reality to champion your own cause.

On that note... There's nothing left for me to say in this thread.
    Edited by DenverRalphy on 14 November 2014 21:15
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I myself made an unfounded claim that my VR2 toon is earning XP at a rate that will level to VR3 before completing the zone. But we all just ignore it due to lack of evidence.

Fixed.

Swing and a miss. I am claiming that my VR2 toon is already past the 500k mark, and has well over 50% of the zone to complete. But hey, don't let what I'm fabricating with no proof or screenshots or any other evidence whatsoever, like you put in the OP, get in the way of facts.

Fixed.

I'd love to provide evidence to you. But it's already apparently obvious that screenshots won't convince you. Since you'll just claim there's no evidence that I got the experience without grinding. But then too, since others are seeing the same in game that I am, it's readily apparent that I don't need to. You're just going to deny reality to champion your own cause.

On that note... There's nothing left for me to say in this thread.

I think we should all just quietly leave so @onlinegamer1‌ can work on his math in peace.
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Questing in Vet zones now is NOT worth the time when compared to the rewards given.

Any and all initiative to venture into Craglorn, for most players, has all but vanished since the nerf of the grinds. (aside from turning in completed writs).

You can argue the numbers until you are blue in the face, fact is, leveling VR1 to VR14... well, lets just say I have not heard one good comment from any of those trying to do it, nor do I have any advice on how to help others.

->why try to fix what is not broken?<- maybe focus on the things that are???
    Edited by Goldie on 14 November 2014 21:23
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goldie wrote: »
    Questing in Vet zones now is NOT worth the time when compared to the rewards given.

Any and all initiative to venture into Craglorn, for most players, has all but vanished since the nerf of the grinds. (aside from turning in completed writs).

You can argue the numbers until you are blue in the face, fact is, leveling VR1 to VR14... well, lets just say I have not heard one good comment from any of those trying to do it, nor do I have any advice on how to help others.

->why try to fix what is not broken?<- maybe focus on the things that are???

Goldie is so right, questing in Vet zones is NOT worth the time compared to the rewards given.

I'm holding off on questing in Vet zones until the XP is adjusted in the next patch. After all, these quests aren't repeatable so why take the risk you'll get your proper XP later when the fix is applied?

Remember, ZOS has previously stated Vet XP is not fixed yet and in the meantime I'll either be leveling my non vet templar or I'll seeya in Cyrodiil, Goldie!

Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just got home from work... just logged into ESO and figger'd I'd post screenshots of where my VR2 is at (though the OP will just manufacture a rebuttal to suit his needs).

When this toon first entered the VR2 zone, she JUST hit VR2 (after skipping some dolmens and WB's in the previous zone). This toon has not done any grinding of any sort. Questing and objectives only...

As you can see from the screenshots... just over 500k. Only 27 of 60 quests for the Achievement (and the max quests for the achievement is always short of the total quests in a zone). And as you can see from the map, I have yet to complete any WB's or Dolmens in the zone.

So gee golly... Questing and normal non grinding play actually does work in VR zones.

Screenshot_20141114_172216.png

Screenshot_20141114_172351.png

Screenshot_20141114_172208.png

Edited by DenverRalphy on 15 November 2014 00:35
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just got home from work... just logged into ESO and figger'd I'd post screenshots of where my VR2 is at (though the OP will just manufacture a rebuttal to suit his needs).

When this toon first entered the VR2 zone, she JUST hit VR2 (after skipping some dolmens and WB's in the previous zone). This toon has not done any grinding of any sort. Questing and objectives only...

As you can see from the screenshots... just over 500k. Only 27 of 60 quests for the Achievement (and the max quests for the achievement is always short of the total quests in a zone). And as you can see from the map, I have yet to complete any WB's or Dolmens in the zone.

So gee golly... Questing and normal non grinding play actually does work in VR zones.

Problem is we cant use this as evidence because you could have grinded or PVPed for the experience ;) Just plain devils advocate
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem is we cant use this as evidence because you could have grinded or PVPed for the experience ;) Just plain devils advocate

Yeah... I was anticipating that kind of response from the OP. But hey, what can ya do?

The best I can do is show that this toon has never been in PvP.

Screenshot_20141114_174705.png

As for grinding... sometimes people need to take another's person's claims at face value. I'd love to be able to prove otherwise... but there's really no option. Shy of having captured video of the entire zone up to this point.
    Edited by DenverRalphy on 15 November 2014 00:53
  • superfluke
    superfluke
    ✭✭✭
    For crying out loud! Just give us our crag grinds back. Then we have an alternate way of levelling just like before, for those that favor it. And those that don't can be happy with zone content. And never the twain shall meet.

Just do it you silly goobers!
    Do you even backstory, bro?
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My VR10 is getting 455 XP per VR10 mob I kill. Depending on the location, I can kill a mob anywhere between 1 every 5 seconds and 1 every 10 seconds. Let's just use 1 every 10 seconds.

So that's 455 * 6 = 2730 xp/minute. I think we can all agree this is already faster than any other method of leveling. You'd have to be completing major quests in about six minutes to match that, which obviously isn't possible. The travel time alone makes it better than questing.

2730xp/minute is 163,800 xp/hour. At that pace, you'll be getting a level once every 6 hours. This is about double the time it took to get a level at Towers before 1.5, and towers wasn't even the best grinding location.

So, at the very least, the "we expect this will reduce the time it takes to level" comment is at best ignorant and at worst a downright lie.
  • HomerSamson
    HomerSamson
    ✭✭✭
    I pi**ed and moaned when 1.5.2 wasn't offering faster progression as they said it would, so I spent the last two days doing things I did prior to the patch: gathering mats, doing vet zone quests, looking for chests, helping the poor, closing daedric portals, shaking down merchants, killing sh*t that gets in my way, the odd WB etc. and progression feels about the same as it did prior to 1.5.

I do have one concern however, the number of quests to earn the adventurer in each zone:

EP-269
    DC-239
    AD-200

If quest xp is equal across zones people doing AD for Cadwell's gold may indeed have a problem.

my 5g
  • HomerSamson
    HomerSamson
    ✭✭✭
    So, at the very least, the "we expect this will reduce the time it takes to level" comment is at best ignorant and at worst a downright lie.

lols that u thought they would make grinding faster
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has improved with 1.5.4.
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    I pi**ed and moaned when 1.5.2 wasn't offering faster progression as they said it would, so I spent the last two days doing things I did prior to the patch: gathering mats, doing vet zone quests, looking for chests, helping the poor, closing daedric portals, shaking down merchants, killing sh*t that gets in my way, the odd WB etc. and progression feels about the same as it did prior to 1.5.

I do have one concern however, the number of quests to earn the adventurer in each zone:

EP-269
    DC-239
    AD-200

If quest xp is equal across zones people doing AD for Cadwell's gold may indeed have a problem.

my 5g
    I like to think ZOS are not completely oblivious to the numerical disparity you've alluded to, which is part of the reason I feel the entire premise of this thread is flawed. It seems highly unlikely that quests -- be they minor, major, whatever -- have uniform XP return; rather, they should of course be balanced in such a way that those 200 in AD add up to the same amount of XP (roughly, if not exactly) as the 269 in EP, or else it simply wouldn't work. Other factors may come into play, since quests differ (not all have the same number of mobs or bosses to deal with for example), but I would have to assume that on the whole the AD quests are worth more XP than the DC or EP quests, or else the rate of leveling would vary wildly from alliance to alliance.
    Edited by hammer_fella on 15 November 2014 03:33
    Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Ferawen - VR14 Bosmer Nightblade
    Quvalwe - VR2 Altmer Sorcerer
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Belwurz gro-Yungash - Lvl 35 Orc Dragonknight
    Ebonheart Pact
    Dutseiwitsei - Lvl 27 Argonian Templar
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lols that u thought they would make grinding faster
    They said they would make leveling faster. No form of leveling is faster now, not even grinding.
  • CPT_CAPSLOCK
    CPT_CAPSLOCK
    ✭✭✭
    I am v1 now. Killed a world boss in Coldharbor 3k vp, killed a world boss in v1 area 800 vp...
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Fixed.

Fixed.

-.- really dude? You "fixed" @DenverRalphy‌ 's post because you didn't agree with it. You showed some PURPLE TEXT ON A BLACK BACKGROUND SAYING THIS IS WHAT XP I GOT FROM THIS... how is your information more credible than his? I could make the exact same thing in paint in 3 minutes, want me to demonstrate??

Edit: I said purple... I'm colorblind so, maybe it's blue. I don't really care, my point stands

Well then technically, you couldnt. Youd get the colors wrong ;)

EP-269
    DC-239
    AD-200

my 5g
    I like to think ZOS are not completely oblivious to the numerical disparity you've alluded to, which is part of the reason I feel the entire premise of this thread is flawed.

Would you bet your life savings on that?

Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on 15 November 2014 06:30
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    No. But I like my odds on the next patch somehow breaking cloak.
    Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Ebonheart Pact
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. But I like my odds on the next patch somehow breaking cloak.

That IS quite likely.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I'll make it to VR14 after all. Six hours minimum per level is too long when taking into account all of the games coming out very soon. I think I might just have to wait for the Champion System now, sadly.
  • zinoviy22b14_ESO
    zinoviy22b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Vr8 still in Grahtwood, still got a bit to go, I am a completionist.

Nc46KtX.png
    Edited by zinoviy22b14_ESO on 15 November 2014 08:12
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After further testing, I have some more updates:

Dolmen Completion XP: 0 (as in, nothing, nada, zip, bupkiss. You only get XP from the mobs you kill during the fight, that's it.)
    World Boss XP: 910 (= 2 normal mob kills)

I completed the VR1 zone (every single quest, delve, world boss, dolmen and POI) and was 170,000 XP short of VR2.

Normal Mob XP: 455
    Difference: 170,000 / 455 = need to grind at least 373 mobs to level, FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR MORE than you'd kill "just doing the zone normally", as others are claiming (falsely).

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ any update on the lacking EXP with the new system?
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completed the VR1 zone (every single quest, delve, world boss, dolmen and POI) and was 170,000 XP short of VR2.

Normal Mob XP: 455
    Difference: 170,000 / 455 = need to grind at least 373 mobs to level, FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR MORE than you'd kill "just doing the zone normally", as others are claiming (falsely).

Good data. So I Know I still will not quest on vet zones until fixed.

Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Ohioastro
    Ohioastro
    ✭✭✭✭
    He is, yet again, trying to advocate for being able to level up without any fighting at all (skipping all mobs, running from quest to quest, etc.)

If you just do the quests, kill things in the way, and go about your normal business you do *just fine*. My V8 leveled a full rank in Rivenspire. It is only different if you were gaming the system before - either speed grinding in Craglorn or taking advantage of a setup where you could skip all encounters and run from quest turnin to quest turnin. If you play the game the way most people do there is no change.

And, yes, this was needed because otherwise people would bank millions of exp before the champion system and everyone would need to copy their tactics - or have to struggle at a massive disadvantage in pvp / trials/ etc. against people who were capped on champion points before release.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohioastro wrote: »
    He is, yet again, trying to advocate for being able to level up without any fighting at all (skipping all mobs, running from quest to quest, etc.)

^^ This exactly.

My VR toons are leveling just fine. And now consistently ahead of the curve.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is wrong with not wanting to kill every random mob in between quests?
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's nothing wrong with it. But when you skirt past them, there's really no reasonable explanation for being surprised or upset when you're not getting XP for skipping content.
    Edited by DenverRalphy on 17 November 2014 15:02
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohioastro wrote: »

Again, false.

1. You CANNOT skip every mob. Try it. You can't. You can't even skip most mobs in quests or delves (and obviously, NONE in dolmens or world bosses). All you can do is skip SOME mobs. Either, they are off to the side of a room, and you can walk (don't even have to sneak) past, or they are down a totally side corridor where you simply don't need to go, or there are a very, very few where you can Sneak past.
    2. Skipping mobs is 100% PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE GAMEPLAY
    3. Skipping mobs is 100% SMART GAMEPLAY
    4. Skipping mobs still got you more than a VR level pre-patch-1.5

I am sick and tired of fanbois saying there is only one way to play a video game. Some of us play Nightblades. Gee, we have stealth, we stealth past mobs to get to objectives. Imagine that!

Saying that bypassing mobs is "wrong" or "bad" just shows how much of a terribad you are.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's nothing wrong with it. But when you skirt past them, there's really no reasonable explanation for being surprised or upset when you're not getting XP for skipping content.
    Why?

You didn't need to kill them before and now you do. Why is it unreasonable to disagree with this change?

And I would hardly call the random mobs in the way from Quest Hub A and Quest Hub B "content."
    Edited by Maverick827 on 17 November 2014 15:08
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    Hey OP

I actually fight (read: not grind) the mobs and my VR2 Sorc is barely halfway through Stonefalls, and has not been doing any PvP or Dailies, etc.

I like to be challenged (to the extent possible) as I progress through the game, which can't happen if I am always overleveled because I've actually completed all the content in each zone. That already happens, of course, because VR is mostly faceroll. But did you consider that increasing the XP for every quest so that you don't have to fight a mob, means that my experience will be negatively effected? I'm not sure if it occurred to you at any point that other people are playing the game, but we are, and not only are we leveling without any difficulty (as evidenced by the comments herein) but I get the sense that we're also concerned that people voicing opinions like yours will only accomplish one thing: making VETERAN (bolded so you can ruminate on the term) Ranks even more laughably easy to attain than they already are.

Now, I understand we can't all be Undaunted and some would prefer XP to be increased for the small segment of game content they are willing to participate in, but that is simply not how these things work. There are no skill points awarded for sneaking in ESO. This is not Skyrim. If you want to level up, kill things. End of discussion.
    Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Ebonheart Pact
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From today's Patch: (1.5.5)
    • Experience awarded for discovering new areas in Silver and Gold content now correctly scale to your level.
    • Fixed an issue that was resulting in smaller than expected experience gains for difficult quests at Veteran Rank.
    • Fixed an issue where some objectives that are tied to achievements were granting less experience than intended for those at Veteran Rank.

1. Exploration XP was 76 xp (see OP post). I hope its not just 150 or 200. That would be meaningless.
    2. If only difficult quests were buggy, and thus fixed, this will not make up for the gap denoted in this thread.
    3. Same as 2, if only a few achievements were bugged and thus fixed, that will hardly matter.

ZoS, you have a database at your disposal. You can measure XP gain with a few database queries. You can see how far off the XP rewards are now. What are you waiting for?