Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Are you considering or already canceling your subscription post patch?

• sevcik.miroslaveb17_ESO
    I will keep my subscription
    Im keeping my sub, ive no reason to quit. However, i can see why others quit: the learning curve for this game is very high. You have to have some technical understanding to keep the game stable and performance decent and you have to be able to download and implement addons. You would be surprised how many people dont know how to install an addon or just simply avoid it thinking its some sort of cheat.

Lol, the only technical understanding you need to have is how to download and install the game. There is NO need for any addon at all. You can say whatever you want, but add ons do not improve the game by any means.

If anyone want to use cosmetic add ons feel free to do so, but do not live in a lie that it improves the game, because it does not.
  • Preachan
    Preachan
    ✭✭✭
    I'll keep my sub.
    I played games with way more problems for a long time with a sub.
    I don't see the need to cancel my ESO sub at the current point.
    The game is fun to me. That's what matters most.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have already canceled my subscription
    Canceled for a combination of reasons:

-New bugs introduced With the latest update
    -Nerfing of the templar class
    -Valley of the Blades quest
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am seriously considering canceling my subscription
    Not sure yet, I'm currently grinding the anomolies in Craglorn as leveling in the VR zones is very annoying now as I keep dying which only slow the progress even more.

But I doubt I will keep grinding the anomolies as its kind of boring...

Afterall a game should be fun and rewarding, instead of boring and annoying. I have my reallife job for that, ESO should give me some pleasure.
    Edited by Arundo on 28 May 2014 08:22
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arundo wrote: »
    Not sure yet, I'm currently grinding the anomolies in Craglorn as leveling in the VR zones is very annoying now as I keep dying which only slow the progress even more.

Afterall a game should be fun and rewarding, instead of boring and annoying. I have my reallife job for that, ESO should give me some pleasure.

You sir/madam have made the very best comment in this entire thread
  • Darkro
    Darkro
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the option for keeping subscription and happy with the direction Zenimax is going?

Biased pool much? Putting the options you feel are best to manipulate towards your own mentality, and just trowing a simple, keep subscription there to not get so much grief.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will keep my subscription but am unhappy with the direction of Zenimax
    Contributing
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How are you dying on the anomalies?
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrlifeboil wrote: »

How are you dying on the anomalies?

Read my comment again, I'm doing the anomolies because I keep dying in the VR zones due to the mobs being annoyingly hard. I can kill a single mob, packs of two are killing me alot and packs of three are just a no go at the moment.

It might be me sucking but ever since the patch its just not fun to do the VR quests and zones.

Edited by Arundo on 28 May 2014 08:44
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will keep my subscription but I do not like some of zenimaxs recent decisions especially the fiasco after the last patch
  • Chermaine
    Chermaine
    ✭✭

This basicly.

Edited by Chermaine on 28 May 2014 08:46
  • Metacon
    Metacon
    ✭✭✭
    Tabia wrote: »
    Metacon wrote: »
    When entering your car you notice t... 5 of them are also camping in your trunk for boss spawns and selling you the loot.

Awesome analogy! Funny but so true it is sad.

If you liked that, I can supply you with dozens more.. because Zenimax is busy supplying me with peculiarities.. So at least I'm getting 'some' fun out of my subscription fees.. :)

When entering your car, you notice that your cogpit (proper spelling was censored) is entirely empty.. except a windshield, steering wheel and two foot-pedals.

(Press left foot to attack, press right foot to defend,press both feet to interrupt enemy drivers)

On asking the manufacturer of your brand new BMW where your cogpit instruments, navigation systems, gear shift and radio are. they reply:

"that spartanic user interface was an intentional design decision to give you better immersion while driving your car. But, we implemented an LUA scripting API.. so just go ahead write your own cogpit.. or download some cogpit addons from the internet..."

The tech freaks can then go and download a radio, windscreen-wipers, gear-shift, speed indicator / fuel indicator from the internet... maybe even a navigation device.

If youre a non-technical person you have to stick with the "car immersion" though :) (and still pay monthly fees)

---

Theres another one:
    BMW delivers a basic navigation app with your new car... But if you want to go anyplace.. you notice there is NO SEARCH function for your target location.

So if you want to go anywhere, you have to browse ALL cities in your country in alphabetical order, 100 per page... 3 seconds break per page.. until you find the city you wanted to drive to (and you better pray its name does NOT start with "Z" :smiley: )

On asking the manufacturer about implementing a proper search function, they reply: "Well you can download a 3rd party addon, that implements search..."

It turns out that every time you use the 3rd party search function, the addon has to download the ENTIRE list of city names in your country from the servers of the manufacturer EVERY time you are trying to navigate somewhere - putting a huge burden on servers, database and bandwidth.

You come to the conclusion that you just better stop wasting time trying to make use of the navigation system and rather drive your car randomly across the country/zonechat - because this has a better chance to get you to the desired city in time.

Edited by Metacon on 28 May 2014 08:55
    Any barbarian can lead a mob - but a paladin will turn a mob into an army.
    Emerald Security Blog
    "I used to be a PvE adventurer like you - but then I took a 'veteran content' to my knee."
    "I used to be a PvP adventurer like you - but then I took patch 1.2.3 to my knee."
  • Litleheieb17_ESO
    I cancelled sub before the last patch (1.12).
    I have played a lot, both in Beta and final release, but frankly I didn't notice much improvement from Beta to the released version. IMO game was released too early, despite all the warning signs we all saw in Beta.

I feel like playing this game has been a long struggle against:
    * bugs
    * broken skill lines
    * bots

It is too bad, I really wanted to play and enjoy this game, but some times I felt it was hard to log on, because I knew the frustration that was waiting for me.

Unsubbed for now, but if the game will be fixed, and I mean really fixed, I might come back and enjoy Tamriel the way it should have been the first time.
  • vokage89
    vokage89
    ✭✭✭
    Still_Mind wrote: »
    Enough with the blackmailing attitude. Give them time. This is a HUGE game, and they need time to polish it. Have some patience. If you can't simply enjoy the experience, don't expose yourself to it.

Honestly, I blame WoW for this MMO player generation.

Sorry you couldnt figure out how to use more then 5 buttons....
  • Ov3RL0aD
    Ov3RL0aD
    Soul Shriven
    I'm considering it, since I hit VR1, the game has felt more like a chore than a fun past-time. Well... it has to me at least.

I absolutely loved every second of the game from 1-50. The story was good, the characters and voice acting was fantastic, even the bugs didn't put me off.

What has put me off is the leap in difficulty from clearing Coldharbour to reaching the first VR zone. To me it was so significant that I had to respec my character, simply because the build I had kept from about 30-50 was completely useless post Molag Bal. Any mob would kill me insanely quick.

So I made my Imperial Sorc into a sword n shield tank. I very rarely check these forums so believe it or not, I had no idea that the shield bash mechanic was broken or overpowered. I read through my skills and saw some synergy between sorc skills, When I saw how much damage it did I was amazed lol. I figured it was from the Heavy Bash passive that boosts the damage by 100% combined with Critical Surge.

So I invested all my skill points into a build to have it nerfed 3/4 days later. The build that I thought I'd come up with myself, that had great survivability and damage output was ruined. It wasn't until I read the forums post balance that I realized that tons of people were using it and that shield bashing was so broken.

The Sword shield setup I was using still works now, but it takes so long to kill group of 2 or more now that I die because I end up exhausting my Magicka and Stamina.

I've reassigned my skill points 3 times since then and I am still, yet to find a build that I enjoy as much as the shield one (queue the 'noob' and 'learn2play comments' lol). Anything I come up with feels just underpowered compared to the damage enemies can put out. I don't like using builds copy/pasted from sites, feels cheap to me. I prefer to find something enjoyable and effective myself, which sadly... hasn't happened (yet).

I understand the need to balance the Shield as an offensive option, especially in PvP. However, I would have much preferred there be a PvP debuff on skills like they had in Guild Wars 1. Whilst in any of the PvP environments, certain skills that were overpowered or generally unfavourable, had their functionality altered. For example; a Ritualist skill that summoned 3 spirits (which was OP to hell in PvE), did something completely different in PvP. There could be a debuff that lowered the shield's damage and speed in PvP, whilst leaving it as it was in PvE.

I liked being able to Solo the overworld areas and all the random quests and what not, and partying up to take on the dungeons and world bosses. Now, not so much...

That's my view anyway lol, not that it's worth much :expressionless: Better go put on some flame retardant clothing lol... *takes cover*

P.S: I've enjoyed most of my time with ESO so far, so I'm not gonna flake out just yet. Besides, I've spent far too much time researching traits to quit just yet lol. I'll see how things progress over the next couple of months. If the game doesn't keep me attentive, then E3 is just around the corner so I can hope for something new.
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ov3RL0aD‌

I been in that same situation, I too used the shield bash thingy without knowing it was that good. Sure it was strange to see a Shield + Sword being much better then a Bow, Dual Wield or 2H setup.

With the changes Its just not fun to do the VR zones. I get up early for work to play the game for an hour or longer before I have to get to work. In the past I could do a few quest and progress a bit. Now after the patch I just keep dying and can barely complete a one or two quests. So much for having fun with the game.
  • BretonicKnight
    Although I'm patient enough to push through these rough early months, the people I play with have gotten frustrated enough to quit. I enjoy ESO immensely, but I play it as an MMO, not a single player RPG and don't intend to play it solo. So, I've unsubscribed, but would be really amazed if I didn't return at some point in the near future when the game has sort of evened out some.
    Tristan Montrose - Breton Magicka Nightblade - Destruction Staff / Light Armor (Vampire) | Elandril - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer - Destruction Staff / Light Armor
    Reveals-the-Dawn - Argonian Magicka Templar - Restoration Staff / Light Armor | Mohrvul gro-Betnikh - Orsimer Health Dragonknight - One Hand and Shield / Heavy Armor
    Therondell - Bosmer Agility Warden - Bow / Medium Armor | Zankan Dreloth - Dunmer Stamina Dragonknight - Dual Wield / Medium Armor
    Faheem - Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - Dual Wield / Medium Armor | Kharn-do - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade - Dual Wield / Medium Armor
    Arnswulf - Nord Stamina Warden - Two Handed / Medium Armor (Werewolf) | Claudius Vitruvius - Imperial Health Templar - One Hand and Shield / Heavy Armor
  • vokage89
    vokage89
    ✭✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »
    Khandi wrote: »
    wow... 59% of the voters have canceled or have serious concerns and the game. That really kinda sucks.

But look at the reason they give. And also the poll is a wheeeee unfair dont you think? Where are all the buttons for why you do keep sub?

I mean, look at these reasons for stopping playing the game. What where these players doing in a skill based game in the first place?

skill based? lol... reasons not good enough? lag? bugs? bots? game putting out new content without fixing known bugs first? what rly got me rolfing was the " What where these players doing in a skill based game in the first place?[/quote]"

too hard to hit 5 buttons? and oh.. the im going to keep my sub button.. thats the one you where looking for.. seems like you missed it. reminds me of someone who cant read trying to argue with me that the apple jacks box doesnt have the word apple on it. damn it ><
  • Templar_ESO
    Templar_ESO
    ✭✭
    I've already pulled the trigger. 13 days and counting. I will play until my time runs out but until they fix a lot of the issues they currently have, I won't come back. My main problem is the extreme amount of bots that seem to get around their "security" features that allow them to teleport around from node to node. Also really upset with the constant roll backs recently in certain zones.

Oh and the other issue I think is the worse is the future of possible new levels every few months. I don't want to have to grind another 2-5 levels just after I finished grinding those last levels and yes the VR levels are an extreme grind fest which has been kinda pushing me away from caring anymore about my character.

I want to add something and this is my honest opinion here. It almost seems like we are all currently paying ZOS to be beta testers for them. There are some very serious bugs, bugs that you wouldn't expect from a release this big, that have yet to be addressed and continue to go on 2 months into the game. There are some new bugs that got introduced into the new patch that made things worse. There were also new things that were introduced to the game (increased difficulty in Cyrodiil dungeons) on purpose that has made some of the work even harder. There are some that go there only to get the dungeons/skyshards done but can't because the mobs are all now VR5 but they go there at like level 20 which means that even with the increase they still are no match for those mobs. The thing ZOS should remember with Cyrodiil is that not everyone is going to do dungeons and that their grouping system sucks. Because of this you will have solo people trying their hardest to do something meant for 4 VR5+ players.

Some serious work needs to go into this game to make it actually worthy of being a subscription and sadly we are seeing more content being released and not as many fixes. A polished turd is still a turd.
    Edited by Templar_ESO on 28 May 2014 09:46
  • vokage89
    vokage89
    ✭✭✭
    Toofuh wrote: »
    bugs will be there always, but cry for this is an optional.
    Im getting fun with this game, so stop lame.
    Bads will be bads

i hope you are trolling.. if not.. may god help you.
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately at this point i am finding less and less reasons to go into the game , the EU server is still in the US , which creates lag and ability delays.

The vampire skill line is broken with almost 2 months into the games life , and the passives and feeding stuff was reported during beta testing , also 1.1.2 promised to fix this stuff, but its still broken even after the patch.

As much as i tried , i can;t get over the limitation of having only 5 skills + 1 ultimate per weapon load-out , with the wide variety of skills that we have at our disposal and with new skill lines coming out , i think that this should change to have 7 + 1 ultimate so it can encourage you to experiment with different builds , not just take the absolute best and don't change them until you get to VR12.

The way that every time a bug is fixed , it also opens a new problem in its place.

The fact that the story ends at VR1 , and for 11 more VRs , i see no point in going through the content other than a big lazy "But what if you did this... " , and Daedric Prince X is watching you... You experience the other factions and see their problems , but that makes wanting to have alts , a true chore , since you can go through everything once , but going through everything again , with absolutely no variation at all... At least for me , i can't do that. So even if i would have decided to stay with the game , i would only have 1 character , my Sorc , and that is it , no NB or Templar play through for me , since the questing does not change in the slightest.

The fact that being in a guild is tied to your account not to your character, so you can join 5 guilds and then you are stuck with them for all the account , unless you want to discard some of them, or if you want to have an Alt in another guild , that is faction oriented , that messes up everything since you have the ability to get inside information on your opposing factions because of this thing.

The list for me can go on , but at the moment i can say that i don't find the experience as enjoying as i thought i would , so i decided to leave the game for a couple of months and see where its heading and if i like the direction it takes , i will sub again at that point.
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    to be honest is so lame now
    any hour of the day morning or midnight
    my screen freez and got lag is so annoying
    i think too stop and comeback after 2 or 3 month beacause now
    nothing work amost every skill are buggy
    the wall of the covenant
  • mattringlerub17_ESO
    mattringlerub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have already canceled Subsciption

I havent been able to play since patch came out ....at all.....error 11 insta-crash after hittin play. Had no problems before patch...ran everything on highest settings. The balancing issues continue to the point where the whole game needs re-worked and the coding is amateur
  • felixgamingx1
    felixgamingx1
    ✭✭✭✭
    After going VR this game feels lifeless, constant class modifications are annoying me, I'm one rollback away from canceling and never looking back.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO = EFFBSO = Elder Frustration Forever Beta Scrolls Online
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    with [1Stam Blade].
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
    Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • Covyn
    Covyn
    ✭✭✭
    I removed my card from the file basically not allowing them to charge me again in 3 months....so the way I view it they have the time remaining to correct what they stated they would through endless customer service statements, dev discussions, and yes....even their live patch notes (claiming something has already been done).

I can live with the quest bugs. I can live with the glitches....I can even live with a broken passive that I need to work around instead of rely on.

What I can't tolerate are ZoS ninja nerfs, patch notes that are not true, and other acts of pure idiocy....like making it so everyone gets the chest in the VR dungeon, and forgetting to change the loot table so they still drop level 14 greens <~~~~Morons.

Stating something has been done to Ult generation, reducing AoE generation, and increasing Single target? No single target generation was changed, if it was it was maybe .5% and truly unnoticeable, not to mention its just a general statement that gives no true information on what was changed and by how much.

It just goes on and on. By cancelling my subscription I have basically informed them that I no longer wish to invest in their game past a specific date, unless they can change my mind......it is my hope that they can.
    Gyxx (VR1) Templar
    Quidd (VR5) Nightblade
    Kadzien (15) Sorc
    Covyn (VR12) DragonKnight (now spends his days crafting)
  • sevcik.miroslaveb17_ESO
    I thought that ESO had more grown up community, but the level of complaits seems to say the opposite.

I have only a few problems.

- Questing in group of friends is near to impossible (i am a lot of solo player outside instanced dungeons or pvp so it's not much of pain for me)
    - Bots, bots, bots and bots - this is making me mad
    - Current top veteran ranks dominance in cyrodiil makes me not wanting to play PvP and truth to be told it was the number one reasson for me to play ESO.
    - Trading system does not work for me. I love player shops.

Complaits about bugs seems to be riddiculous for me 99% of those I encountered were fixed very fast. There is ONLY ONE quest that is broken and does not allow me to complete it.

So much hate for bash fix, which did only lead to propper gameplay - I am shield and sword user myself and I did find it dumb to bash enemies to death.

I just like to combat mob one on one and use block and normal attacts.

It's just like I feel you people wanted to play ESO the way diablo is played. Just go and slaughter anything in your way.

Perhaps I am blind, but besides thise issues I mentioned at start I see no problems with the game.

I will most likely stop visiting forums as this is just hate, hate and hate all around.
  • Spryt
    Spryt
    ✭✭
    Got 3 month sub at start so still got plenty of game time left. Still enjoying enough to play but definatly not as much as I thought I would at start.

They have lot of of stuff to fix. Won't go into it all as it's basically same stuff most people have been posting on forums last week or so.

I really do hope they get things in order soon.
  • dr_zed
    dr_zed
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with this game is that ZOS is too slow to make OBVIOUSLY NECESSARY changes to game. They don't seem to be listening to the comunity and listening to the comunity is what a rookie company such a ZOS should do to become successful, for a pretty simple reason: they don't have the knowledge gained from experience to know what path to take. I'm pretty sure most of us know more about mmorpgs -and Elder Scrolls- than ZoS does.

Take for example the game League of Legends, a game I'm fully familiarized with, and that I play since the beta, 4 years ago. It's now one of the if not the most successful online game there is, at least in the moba genre. The thing is, Riot Games, the company that developed LoL did a TERRIBLE job at first for the same reason ZOS did a terrible job with TESO: lack of experience. The difference is Riot Games actually listened A LOT to their comunity -a comunity that knew a lot for being primary former DotA players-. They applied a lot of the changes, and character design, and skins, and functions the comunity suggested and THAT resulted in the game becoming one of the greatest gaming successes of our time.

Tldr: If ZOS just listened to us, the game could improve. A lot. But that doesn't seem to be their intention.
    Edited by dr_zed on 28 May 2014 16:21
  • InspectorGanja
    InspectorGanja
    ✭✭✭
    this
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't