Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Are you considering or already canceling your subscription post patch?

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will keep my subscription
    To those using the numbers here as a key to show feedback remember that the forums are often more frequented by those who are unhappy with the game and looking for answers or just a place to vent their frustrations.

Generally a majority of normal MMO players who are happy with the game don't interact with the forums meaning you'll normally always see more negative/upset post than ones of people happy.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • robacooperb16_ESO
    robacooperb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Funny thing is, a lot of people that are quitting now are doing so because all their friends/guildmates have already quit.

Which honestly doesn't bother me, because it has improved my gaming experience - one of the guilds that was full of obnoxious trolls/griefers/chat heroes has mostly all rage quit, and now PvP is actually enjoyable without them in chat.

My own bias is seeing a lot of the actual people that I had on ignore have now quit, which means the elements hindering my gameplay are leaving; so the issues and the rage have actually made the game experience better for me in spite of the glitches. That is why I am sticking with the game: the perceived quality player interaction is improving for me.
    The only negative experience in ESO is those that make it negative.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will keep my subscription but am unhappy with the direction of Zenimax
    Arreyanne wrote: »
    Phaedryn wrote: »
    Lucifer108 wrote: »
    ShintaiDK wrote: »
    Zubba wrote: »
    In the end, money talks.

And thats why people quit. And the game is on a fasttrack for F2P.

If you like the game, you should be very worried for its future.

When your game which is 2 months old as the same amount of active players as guild wars 2 (which has no subscription) which is 2 years old then you know something is drastically wrong.

I dont think even F2P will save this game like it did for SWTOR. There are a lot more star wars fans than TES for a start and secondly the base designs in SWTOR were based on a successful formula (WoW) with a star wars skin. I think Zenimax got the base designs for ESO wrong and nothing can be done about that at this point in time.

where the hell are you basing your friggin numbers off of. Are you kidding,? trolling or just throwing numbers out your fingers. First off the game here is thriving all evidence is pointing to a 70% retention 2 months in is absloutley phenomenal. most games are in the 50 to 60% retention. And GW2? really the financial reports are available for all their products. and it got beat by lineage! jesus man do some financial research before you throw those #'s around.
    Zos wont release any info on subscription #'s until the Fiscal qrtr report.
    Just to be clear i have kept my sub and i like the game, but i am no fan boi at all they have made plenty of Bad decisions pre and post launch but your making stuff up now.First and foremost Zos needs to re think the end game a bit and actually put some real raid zones out. TOR was a horrible game i played it all the way through end game. And just about everyone will who has left can honestly say it was not even an MMO it was a lobby game with multiplayer aspects. even with some of the phasing issues this game is far more an MMO then TOR. but to each his own i dont see ESO going F2P anytime soon . Tor was already having mas exodus by this time on disaterous proportions. so much so they paid for large guild leaders to fly to a convention and round table how to stop the bleeding.

70% retention?? Where are YOU getting YOUR numbers from? There is no way this game has 70% retention. I would be surprised if any MMO, ever, has had 70% retention 2 months after launch.

ZOS will not release information at the "Fiscal Qtr" report either, because it is NOT a public company.
    But Bethseda is .and yes rift had a 70% 90 days out and dropped to 60% by one year. Niether of us know .

Well Rift was in much better shape 60 days out than this menagerie
    I will not deny rift was a stellar launch game and a good retainer. it also held the most vigorous content update of any MMO ever. but 60 days out it had massive burn off due to the group finder patch and the horrid 10 man content that was beyond buggy and easy . it took another 6 weeks to iron that out.
  • SapperStew
    SapperStew
    ✭✭
    I have already canceled my subscription
    The poll is largely pointless, yes. Small subset and all, but what ISN'T pointless is the eyeball test. There aren't nearly as many people in the zones as there were a month ago, grouping has become more difficult, ect.

People always defend games with 'these things take time' while ignoring time is a thing MMO's don't really have. Players are leaving, and it's obvious. It's got nothing to do with skewed polls or a vocal minority- it's got to do with lack of communication on relevant topics, misleading information in the communication we do receive, in-game issues aplenty, and friends and guildmates leaving.

You can't dismiss players who are unhappy any more than you can dismiss ones who are. It's going to take a lot of people of all playstyles paying their sub fees to maintain this game longterm.
    Edited by SapperStew on 27 May 2014 21:31
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have already cancelled my subscription but only so that it does not auto charge the next time. When the day comes that I want to log in but cannot, then I'll re-subscribe. If that day never comes, then obviously I've truly quit.

Probably the biggest thing keeping me from enjoying the game right now is the prohibitive respec cost. I like to experiment with different builds in RPGs, but in this one I cannot. It's really putting a damper on my experience.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm keeping mine? Having a blast and hiring only minimal/minor bugs, which is better than I can say for other MMOs I've played at launch
  • Reinmard
    Reinmard
    ✭✭✭
    At this point I have already lost attention from the game, I dont even enter to feed my horse or hilerings.
    I was waiting for the templar fix but in the middle of that I guess I just got tired of waiting.
    Wathever life goes on.
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on 28 May 2014 05:46
  • Dorgon
    Dorgon
    Aside from the bugs that keep people from playing the game/progressing, most bugs are funny. Like in Auridon I got stuck in the door and could see under the ground before my character fell screaming like a school girl.
    Jekhar Mokhan - Altmer Sorcerer of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Tamriel Fisherman's Guild
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JekharM/videos
  • Weethor
    Weethor
    I'd hope at some level these kind of polls and posts would motivate ZOS to take the time to fix current problems instead of rolling out new content and increased levels after a few weeks. I've cancelled, I love elder scrolls games but this is just a game created to keep the player grinding for the longest possible time for the least amount of rewards. The 301 error I got was the last straw for me but I think I'd have quit without that. I hope in a few months things get sorted but tbh, looking at how they have handled these "fixes" doesn't fill me with confidence. I think future content will always feel rushed and unfinished.
  • terryammon
    terryammon
    ✭✭✭
    Another moron with a moronic poll. Why the hell does ZOS even allow polls?

Because 95% of the posts they dont even reply too, so who knows how many they have read, so whats the harm in polls? and what they are for, it seems they dont care about it anyway.

Truth is, they have allowed people to use BBCoding in posts, so they just cant switch polls off, with out turning BBCoding off, i don't think there coders have the skills to disable them any other way lol.
    Edited by terryammon on 27 May 2014 21:50
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dorgon wrote: »
    Aside from the bugs that keep people from playing the game/progressing, most bugs are funny. Like in Auridon I got stuck in the door and could see under the ground before my character fell screaming like a school girl.

That was pretty funny. outside of the frustration when your regularly and continually caught there, it is sort of amusing to watch the load of people at the door crouching and leaping and twitching in place...

But it is an irritating bug :)
    Another moron with a moronic poll. Why the hell does ZOS even allow polls?

It initiates communication. it created some interesting and possible meaningful discussions. I'm not a huge fan, but I still hop into them and read, so its obviously doing something (your here too :D )

All joking aside, its not the fact that the poll is here...its how much credence you give to It. I think the player-base that frequents the polls tend to give them far too much credence in the scope of impact they have. they do have very little impact on game design other then conversation starters.
  • leethalho
    leethalho
    Soul Shriven
    I cannot login for the last 15hrs and still no updates from support is just plain ridiculous. Sub cancelled
  • VlVEC
    VlVEC
    ✭✭✭
    I'll keep my sub.
    The beginning of the words is ALMSIVI. I give you this as Vivec.
    Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec.
    ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is, a lot of people that are quitting now are doing so because all their friends/guildmates have already quit.

Once an MMO reaches a certain point there is no saving it. People follow other people and all that is left is the die hard fans. ESO still has potential, but I have no faith that ZoS can make it happen. If I was ZoS at this point ill be preparing the game to enter F2P mode and make many changes.

1: Change to F2P mode (I dont play F2P mmos so this will be what drives me away for good.

2: Remove all levels from the game and open up all areas for all levels though do not reduce the level difficulty. The stats and skill points that were obtained through levels are now obtained through the quest, dungeons, and pvp. (IE the character progresses the same way)

Gear will now have stat requirements to wear instead of level. IE: A warlock item will require base Magicka of a certain amount to be wearable.
    Enchants work the same way. IE: A VR1 enchant requires a player to meet a certain base stat before they can use it.

Soft caps and Hard caps are based on a players base stat pool.

3: A players faction is the only storyline that is followed. The other factions zones while unlocked have different quest, since they are the enemy. I dont want to help the enemy alliance I want to destroy it.

4: Add the players faction zone to be whatever the max difficulty is. New quest that keep there zones safe.

5: Add a more robust PvP system. Cyrodil is entertaining but there needs to be some ranked pvp. Some 4v4, 8v8, 12v12 and 24v24 matches of some kind.
  • n.englishb14_ESO
    n.englishb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I like how 58% of the people, are going to keep their sub. About half. Not bad.
  • B1oodcrow
    B1oodcrow
    No
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You are counting the "I will keep my subscription but am unhappy with the direction of Zenimax"?

Yes, those unhappy people will be around a long time.

No future problems there.
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I canceled mine a long time ago, unfortunately I had so much faith in the Elder Scrolls name that I bought a 6 month sub. AoE zerg pvp isn't fun after 10 mins. Bring in Arena & WZs and I'll resub in a second.
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • Cybrdroyd
    Cybrdroyd
    ✭✭✭
    So far so good here.
    The road leads ever onward...

• n.englishb14_ESO
    n.englishb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »

You are counting the "I will keep my subscription but am unhappy with the direction of Zenimax"?

Yes, those unhappy people will be around a long time.

No future problems there.

Nope, tons of future problems. But I'm being optimistic.

Tbh, I'm keeping my sub so ill have a base when/if the game ever gets transferred to consoles. My thoughts are the "unhappy" people are for the most part satisfied, but there are some minor fixes or additions that have to be made to keep them. This may be a wrong assumption, but thats the category I fall into. Lets assume, half of the group does continue to hang around. Thats still 49%, which is about half.
    Edited by n.englishb14_ESO on 27 May 2014 22:22
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought once you cancelled your subscription you could not post in the forums anymore.
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My thoughts are the "unhappy" people are for the most part satisfied

You must not be married. :)

• HandofBane
    HandofBane
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am seriously considering canceling my subscription
    BrassRazoo wrote: »
    I thought once you cancelled your subscription you could not post in the forums anymore.

When your full prepaid time has run out, then you lose posting privileges - you can still unsub and post - otherwise folks who paid by game time cards would never be able to post.
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    To those using the numbers here as a key to show feedback remember that the forums are often more frequented by those who are unhappy with the game and looking for answers or just a place to vent their frustrations.

Generally a majority of normal MMO players who are happy with the game don't interact with the forums meaning you'll normally always see more negative/upset post than ones of people happy.

yep, I think I'm the only one from my guild that posts here. They are all loving it.

And I usually skim over the "have you cancelled yet" type posts.

• n.englishb14_ESO
    n.englishb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »
    My thoughts are the "unhappy" people are for the most part satisfied

You must not be married. :)

Guilty as charged.

"Half of all marriages end in divorce, but the scary part is the other half end in death"
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm late to this thread :)

I'm keeping my sub as I'm generally having a blast with the game. My BIGGEST gripe is ESO doesn't seem as guild/group friendly as other MMORPG I've played and I hope they do more in that category as time goes by. Between the phasing issues and the lack of compelling reasons to do 4-man dailies, guilds to me are nothing more than auction houses ATM. In fact, while I will keep my sub for ESO, I'm very tempted to re-pickup my sub to SWTOR. Most of the time I feel like I'm playing this game alone and the +5% exp bonus doesn't really do anything for me.
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    Cancelled it, but I'm still going to watch the game and see if Zenimax fixes the issues I have with them. If so, I'll gladly resub. If not, I always have alternatives.
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
  • kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭
    wrlifeboil wrote: »
    The cachet or coolness factor doesn't apply either like the early days of WoW.

I guess some of those game commentators/analysts are correct when they say that WoW spoiled an entire generation of gamers by setting the bar really high. It's really hard to settle for less.

Hehe wow was never cool, mmo on easy mode with millions of dollars advertising.
  • Tabia
    Tabia
    Metacon wrote: »
    When entering your car you notice that altough you bought the car for you and your 3 friends... two dozen chinese people are already sitting in your car spamming you with "buy new cheap leather seats..." "buy cheap gasoline" "buy cheap rubber mats". 5 of them are also camping in your trunk for boss spawns and selling you the loot.

Awesome analogy! Funny but so true it is sad.