Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Are you considering or already canceling your subscription post patch?

• Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    I will keep my subscription
    If you phrase the question as "Are you having enough fun to keep subscribing" and the options were "Oh yeah" "I am having enough fun, yes" "Nope, unsubscribed" you'd get totally different results.
  • danreckerpreub18_ESO
    I have already canceled my subscription
    Already cancelled my sub, but not for any of the reasons specifically listed above. The final straw for me was the IGN interview in which a dev stated that player housing was not going to be implemented for at least 2 years. To me, player housing is one of the most important aspects of the Elder Scrolls series. Without some form of player housing, this is not Elder Scrolls.

I purchased a 6 month sub initially - It's been mostly worth it for me so far, but due to a multitude of obvious design oversights, many of which appear to be intentional... Come on, storage space as a major progression mechanic, and one that scales with how many alts you wish to play...?

I applaud the desire to break free of the WoW style MMO mold, but there's an expression common in software development that I believe applies quite well in this context.

Don't reinvent the wheel. If something works, and it works well, dont waste time re-creating it. There are SO many mechanics (Shared and private bank storage, for example) in which Zenimax appears to have reinvented the wheel, only this time around, they made it square.

I'll stick around for the duration of my sub, but unless things improve... well, Zenimax already has my Imp edition + 6 month sub, I suppose I'll continue my MMO habit elsewhere.
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ravinsild wrote: »
    What would your poll options have been?

For a relatively unbiased response? A sliding scale one like so:

* I already have cancelled my subscription
    * I am unhappy and seriously considering cancelling my subscription
    * I am waiting to see if desired fixes are deployed before cancelling
    * I am waiting to see if desired fixes are deployed but am keeping subscription
    * I am mostly happy with ESO and am continuing subscription
    * I am happy and will continue with subscription

But even then the response will still be skewed, as the any poll dealing with whether or not a person is keeping their subscription is already skewed to attract those unhappy.

Well he has:

* I already have cancelled my subscription
    * I am unhappy and seriously considering cancelling my subscription
    * I am happy and will continue with subscription

More or less.. So minus two of your options he has your options. Of course you could swap "Keeping subscription" for "before cancelling" but it's the option "Keeping subscription but worried about Zenimax's general direction".
  • brisingr90
    brisingr90
    ✭✭
    FIX THE GOD DAMN TEMPLAR!!!!!!!!
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with the choices that seem to skew slightly toward the negative, the majority of respondants seem to be sticking with ESO.

Doesn't bode well for the F2P screamers and forum doomsayers.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azzuria wrote: »
    Even with the choices that seem to skew slightly toward the negative, the majority of respondants seem to be sticking with ESO.

Doesn't bode well for the F2P screamers and forum doomsayers.

Yet 56% are unhappy with game you're point?
  • Ryfe
    Ryfe
    ✭✭
    Unsub because of the 301 error and the lack of support regarding to this.

(Give it time this game is new is no valid execuse to such a bug/failure whatever)
  • seneferab16_ESO
    seneferab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Arreyanne wrote: »

56% unhappy answers in a poll named "Are you considering or already cancelling your subscription?" with options leaning towards the negative is not really a surprice. Add to that that this is the forum; a place people go to cause drama, complain, argue and troll. There's some helping out other players and bonding as well, but we all know why the majority of us are here.

I'd prefer a poll that was less biased and had more neutral and positive options. This one, I just can't take serious.

I'd check the box next to:
    Aerin Treerunner, pre dinner snack
  • dr_zed
    dr_zed
    ✭✭✭
    " unplayable VR content without grouping" That is actually something well done. The rest of the game is already too easy to play solo. More group content is needed imo. However, it's somehow dissapointing that a light armor dk can solo the vr11 group content... but that was like that even before the patch. This patch was pretty good generally speaking.
  • Toofuh
    Toofuh
    bugs will be there always, but cry for this is an optional.
    Im getting fun with this game, so stop lame.
    Bads will be bads
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will keep my subscription but am unhappy with the direction of Zenimax
    Lucifer108 wrote: »
    ShintaiDK wrote: »
    Zubba wrote: »
    In the end, money talks.

And thats why people quit. And the game is on a fasttrack for F2P.

If you like the game, you should be very worried for its future.

When your game which is 2 months old as the same amount of active players as guild wars 2 (which has no subscription) which is 2 years old then you know something is drastically wrong.

I dont think even F2P will save this game like it did for SWTOR. There are a lot more star wars fans than TES for a start and secondly the base designs in SWTOR were based on a successful formula (WoW) with a star wars skin. I think Zenimax got the base designs for ESO wrong and nothing can be done about that at this point in time.
    where the hell are you basing your friggin numbers off of. Are you kidding,? trolling or just throwing numbers out your fingers. First off the game here is thriving all evidence is pointing to a 70% retention 2 months in is absloutley phenomenal. most games are in the 50 to 60% retention. And GW2? really the financial reports are available for all their products. and it got beat by lineage! jesus man do some financial research before you throw those #'s around.
    Zos wont release any info on subscription #'s until the Fiscal qrtr report.
    Just to be clear i have kept my sub and i like the game, but i am no fan boi at all they have made plenty of Bad decisions pre and post launch but your making stuff up now.First and foremost Zos needs to re thnk the end game a bit and actually put some real raid zones out. TOR was a horrible game i played it all the way through end game. And just about everyone will who has left can honestly say it was not even an MMO it was a lobby game with multiplayer aspects. even with some of the phasing issues this game is far more an MMO then TOR. but to each his own i dont see ESO going F2P anytime soon . Tor was already having mas exodus by this time on disaterous proportions. so much so they paid for large guild leaders to fly to a convention and round table how to stop the bleeding.

Edited by Wifeaggro13 on 27 May 2014 19:57
  • jazon1972_ESO
    jazon1972_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    have never joined a MMO at launch that was not full of bugs if you dont want bugs in an online game these days you need to wait about year and join them and there will still be bugs then but fewer...
  • michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO
    I am seriously considering canceling my subscription
    You can be sure...I wont be paying next month.

• Chomppa
    Chomppa
    ✭✭✭
    I already cancelled my subscription so I could use a timecard . YEAH fanboys , I said it , I cancelled , come and get some !!! :p
    :):D:(;):\:o:s:p:'(:|B):#o:)<3 (*) >:)
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    brisingr90 wrote: »
    FIX THE GOD DAMN TEMPLAR!!!!!!!!

What is wrong with the Templar? I am vr8 Templar and have crushed pve and pvp.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Phaedryn
    Phaedryn
    ✭✭✭
    In the end, money talks.

When your game which is 2 months old as the same amount of active players as guild wars 2 (which has no subscription) which is 2 years old then you know something is drastically wrong.

I dont think even F2P will save this game like it did for SWTOR. There are a lot more star wars fans than TES for a start and secondly the base designs in SWTOR were based on a successful formula (WoW) with a star wars skin. I think Zenimax got the base designs for ESO wrong and nothing can be done about that at this point in time.

where the hell are you basing your friggin numbers off of. Are you kidding,? trolling or just throwing numbers out your fingers. First off the game here is thriving all evidence is pointing to a 70% retention 2 months in is absloutley phenomenal. most games are in the 50 to 60% retention. And GW2? really the financial reports are available for all their products. and it got beat by lineage! jesus man do some financial research before you throw those #'s around.
    Just to be clear i have kept my sub and i like the game, but i am no fan boi at all they have made plenty of Bad decisions pre and post launch but your making stuff up now.First and foremost Zos needs to re thnk the end game a bit and actually put some real raid zones out. TOR was a horrible game i played it all the way through end game. And just about everyone will who has left can honestly say it was not even an MMO it was a lobby game with multiplayer aspects. even with some of the phasing issues this game is far more an MMO then TOR. but to each his own i dont see ESO going F2P anytime soon . Tor was already having mas exodus by this time on disaterous proportions. so much so they paid for large guild leaders to fly to a convention and round table how to stop the bleeding.

70% retention?? Where are YOU getting YOUR numbers from? There is no way this game has 70% retention. I would be surprised if any MMO, ever, has had 70% retention 2 months after launch.

ZOS will not release information at the "Fiscal Qtr" report either, because it is NOT a public company.
    Edited by Phaedryn on 27 May 2014 20:05
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The patch had some hiccups but it didn't destroy my enjoyment of the game or make me lose faith in ZOS.

I'm actually enjoying PVP more now as the fights have been longer and more epic due to NPC's playing a much bigger role.
    PVE I am still only VR2 so I didn't have the pains of others which I guess may have upset me more.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    I have not had any login problems... but some of my team mates have so it affects my game play too. I will wait for the next patch and if they *** up then to I speciously consider personally visit the HQ and give them a peace of my mind IRL.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phaedryn wrote: »
    In the end, money talks.

Just to be clear i have kept my sub and i like the game, but i am no fan boi at all they have made plenty of Bad decisions pre and post launch but your making stuff up now.First and foremost Zos needs to re think the end game a bit and actually put some real raid zones out. TOR was a horrible game i played it all the way through end game. And just about everyone will who has left can honestly say it was not even an MMO it was a lobby game with multiplayer aspects. even with some of the phasing issues this game is far more an MMO then TOR. but to each his own i dont see ESO going F2P anytime soon . Tor was already having mas exodus by this time on disaterous proportions. so much so they paid for large guild leaders to fly to a convention and round table how to stop the bleeding.

70% retention?? Where are YOU getting YOUR numbers from? There is no way this game has 70% retention. I would be surprised if any MMO, ever, has had 70% retention 2 months after launch.

ZOS will not release information at the "Fiscal Qtr" report either, because it is NOT a public company.
    But Bethseda is .and yes rift had a 70% 90 days out and dropped to 60% by one year. Niether of us know .
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phaedryn wrote: »
    In the end, money talks.

Just to be clear i have kept my sub and i like the game, but i am no fan boi at all they have made plenty of Bad decisions pre and post launch but your making stuff up now.First and foremost Zos needs to re think the end game a bit and actually put some real raid zones out. TOR was a horrible game i played it all the way through end game. And just about everyone will who has left can honestly say it was not even an MMO it was a lobby game with multiplayer aspects. even with some of the phasing issues this game is far more an MMO then TOR. but to each his own i dont see ESO going F2P anytime soon . Tor was already having mas exodus by this time on disaterous proportions. so much so they paid for large guild leaders to fly to a convention and round table how to stop the bleeding.

But Bethseda is .and yes rift had a 70% 90 days out and dropped to 60% by one year. Niether of us know .

Well Rift was in much better shape 60 days out than this menagerie
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that this poll isn't descriptive enough. I think the problem is far too many people are in multiple stages describe in this poll. I would have been in the "considering but holding on" if i felt that this game was going in the right direction for me. after a decade and a half of playing MMO's, I've learned to follow my gut.

Even when SWtOR went through its upheavals, I never cancelled. my gut told me this game had long term playability. My gut tells me different with this game. unless they make some solid changes in the direction they're taking class and level development.

I find it interesting that so many people that talk about loving the game right now are still in the 1-50 process. I too loved the game 1-50. The biggest issue right now is the stark polarization in difference between the 1-50 game and the rest of the game. most players are still in the 1-50 process, and have yet to experience what the "future" of the game holds for them. Whether they stay or not is irrelevant to the fact that they haven't gotten far enough to see that. once they do, i wonder how it will impact their decision (it certainly impacted mine).

So I honestly believe this poll is too early. it will be interesting to see how it changes as time goes on, and the bulk of the populace gets past the "bliss"...the early stages of the relationship, and see what they wake up to the next day :)
  • terryammon
    terryammon
    ✭✭✭
    Got to love how 58% of the votes, show the customers aren't happy with the game or the service that have had or paid for, also, thats not counting the people that dont even read the forums or the hundreds or thousands of players that have already raged quit the game and im seeing alot of friends/guild members logging off and not coming back daily.

And as of yet, NO Zenimax staff member has made a comment to this post :( what a let down they have been :(

And for everyone else that reading this, Why you think TESO is the only Older Scrolls game, thats not released on Steam?

One would have the answer for this, If they released this game on Steam, Steam would force Zenimax to refunded everyone that bought the game and taken the game of Steam and told them the TRUTH TESO is still in BETA! and isn't READY for full release!

I have given up on TESO for the minute, might give it a month or so and see if they have fixed Server/game problems, might as well, i messed up and went for 3 month sub, what a big mistake that was :(
    Edited by terryammon on 27 May 2014 20:51
  • Reinmard
    Reinmard
    ✭✭✭
    So, 60% of ppl entering this plot is unhappy...
  • Karnus
    Karnus
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I'm not even thinking about cancelling.

This is still a new game. Yes it has bugs, balance issues, patches with changes both good and bad, gold spammers etc and so has every other MMO I've played. Some people are really quick to whine/complain/quit. I'm not one of them.
    Formerly Karnus, the Marauder in Warhammer.
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arreyanne wrote: »

56% unhappy answers in a poll named "Are you considering or already cancelling your subscription?" with options leaning towards the negative is not really a surprice. Add to that that this is the forum; a place people go to cause drama, complain, argue and troll. There's some helping out other players and bonding as well, but we all know why the majority of us are here.

I'd prefer a poll that was less biased and had more neutral and positive options. This one, I just can't take serious.

I'd check the box next to:

^ This. If you look at the poll results ( at the time I'm writing this ), an equal number of people are thinking of keeping their subscription as those who might cancel and the number of people planning to stay subbed is about twice those who have quit. About 60% of the respondents have shown faith in the game and that's with only one actually 'positive' choice.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • Exarch
    Exarch
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I have to yet to experience any of the technical issues from the patch, and as an aggressively casual player I haven't gotten anywhere near veteran rank, so I have no impetus to consider cancelling.
  • robacooperb16_ESO
    robacooperb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    terryammon wrote: »
    Got to love how 58% of the votes, show the customers aren't happy with the game or the service that have had or paid for, also, thats not counting the people that dont even read the forums or the hundreds or thousands of players that have already raged quit the game and im seeing alot of friends/guild members logging off and not coming back daily.

I don't think you understand how skewed opinion polls on online forums work.

Some key points:
    * Online forums tend to attract more vocal and negative views (anonymity factor) than the general community/populace.
    * A negatively framed opinion poll will almost always produce a negative result; for example 75% of options in poll have negative connotation.
    * Extrapolating the overall community's mood or opinion from a small polling sub-set responding to a biased poll is very misleading - particularly when confirmation bias comes into play.
    The only negative experience in ESO is those that make it negative.
  • kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting result, only 2 in 5 people are happy with the game right now.
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am considering reaching VR7 this weekend on my dual-wield Nightblade. Stab stab
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is, a lot of people that are quitting now are doing so because all their friends/guildmates have already quit.