Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Not Going to Punish Myself - Difficulty Change was NOT Tested

• RianaTheBosmer
    RianaTheBosmer
    ✭✭✭
    Mablung wrote: »
    Well...what are the mobs like on noob island?

They are fine in the lower levels 1-50. Just started a new nightblade.
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭

NO they mean the "noob" areas of VR ranks. Or in other words... the starter islands of each faction (while doing the veteran zones versions).
    Edited by TheGrandAlliance on 23 May 2014 09:28
    Indeed it is so...
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭
    I am in the EU server and this problem make me scare for when the server will be up.

if I understand :
    level 1-50 = WoW
    vtr 1 - 10 = Dark soul

right ?
    [EU] AD - Erdril v16 N(oo)B | AR40
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

Still a solo player in this zergfest

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXPJv3O6DC5ZYECfF3-rQ-Q
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    EdTerra wrote: »
    I am in the EU server and this problem make me scare for when the server will be up.

if I understand :
    level 1-50 = WoW
    vtr 1 - 10 = Dark soul

right ?

...apparently yes.
    Indeed it is so...
  • Vlaxitov
    Vlaxitov
    ✭✭✭
    I can't help but notice that while talking a big game, nobody is willing to show me how its done tomorrow after work granted nothing gets changed. I've opened the invitation to several "L2P" people on the forums yet not one bite. I'll check back after work tomorrow and if nothing has been changed I'll ask again who wants to show me. Maybe there will be a video or two up on YT I can marvel at by then.
    Edited by Vlaxitov on 23 May 2014 09:23
  • Korkhan
    Korkhan
    ✭✭
    Worstluck wrote: »
    Do you see that 800 whirlwind? That was THROUGH a block. So get hit for 800..a very short amount of time later get hit for 1300, do the math?

Since when can you block a red circle attack? Interrupt or roll/step away, there is no other way.

I'm curious about one thing: before the patch there were lots of post about how hard the vet zones were. And now everyone is claiming they were doing just fine before. How can that be? I guess I will find out in a couple of hours.
  • penguinlaraub17_ESO
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    I can't help but notice that while talking a big game, nobody is willing to show me how its done tomorrow after work granted nothing gets changed. I've opened the invitation to several "L2P" people on the forums yet not one bite.

Did you really expect anyone to back up their L2P statements?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NO they main teh "noob" areas of VR ranks. Or in other words... the starter islands of each faction (while doing the veteran zones versions).
    Don't think its much difference between the starting island and the rest of the VR1 zone.
    However as I play VR1 zone on EU server I would be very interested how this affect VR1 and 2.
    In short can I continue questing or should I do something else as in hunting achievements/ lore books or perhaps create an alt.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Mothanos
    Mothanos
    ✭✭✭
    Thats what you get with a studio like Zenimax.
    One failure after another.
    Lets see how the subs will drop this month.

Never ever seen a studio making these huge fackups one after another.
    Bugs and exploits go rampage without being hotfixed.
    Caltrops exploits HELLO ! might take a week or 3 to fix !
    Now the Veteran ranks....
    Zenimax is making a guide for new studio;s how they can set world records of the fastest losing subscription mmo ever created.

Ridiculous..........no words can describe the magnitude of stupidity right now...
    With Wildstar / Archeage / Warlords of Dreanor around the corner we can see that ESO is almost dead on arrival.
    Lets see how long it takes to get these major fackups fixed !
    If they are even going to fix it that is.....
    Forums are burning from Reddit to official, RAGE !!! RAGE !!! RAGE !!!
    +10 for Zenimax sinking their own ship.
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Korkhan wrote: »
    Do you see that 800 whirlwind? That was THROUGH a block. So get hit for 800..a very short amount of time later get hit for 1300, do the math?

Since when can you block a red circle attack? Interrupt or roll/step away, there is no other way.

I'm curious about one thing: before the patch there were lots of post about how hard the vet zones were. And now everyone is claiming they were doing just fine before. How can that be? I guess I will find out in a couple of hours.

You can block an NPC whirlwind with a shield. given you have enough stamina. You cannot interrupt the skill, but you can block the damage for the most part. You can also stop an NPC charge if you block it. Try it sometime.

I've never had a problem with the difficulty of this game. I have a VR10 and VR3 at the moment and enjoy vr content. VR3 seems fine right now, some NPC's in VR7-10 zones are doing insane damage. Why is that so hard to believe...
    Edited by Worstluck on 23 May 2014 09:28
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently im doing Vr4 and having no problems taking 3 mobs on.

Had to do quick edit. when I say no problems I mean its doable, hard yes but doable none the less.

Do us all a favor since you got the super secret magic recipe to defeat mobs. Take a trip real quick to the next zone (VR5) and fight a 1 vs 1 and see how you do....then come back.

Ok done and Did took on 3 zombie mobs and did just fine anyone who wants to find me in game and see for themselves by all means group up find me and see for yourself.

Liar!
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some people are reporting 1.5 times the health on trash mobsx4 in a group and you are toast! I think they have increase the craglorn mobs which have affected the regular veteran mob. The big question is why it wasn't reported in pts or was those player purely doing craglorn. That song spring to mind "One step forward and two steps back" that should be Zenimax corporate song :)
    Edited by Loxy37 on 23 May 2014 09:33
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game was too easy before. Stop crying. It should be even harder than this to weed out the button mashers with tunnel vision. As a healer I watch these failhards stand in fire or not dodge big attacks or aoe's all day. Skilled players should be at the top. Not everyone like wow.

Moderator Edit: Removed for Flaming and Profanity
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 23 May 2014 14:08
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garetth wrote: »
    Game was too easy before. Stop crying. It should be even harder than this to weed out the button mashers with tunnel vision. As a healer I watch these failhards stand in fire or not dodge big attacks or aoe's all day. Skilled players should be at the top. Not everyone like wow.

Not to mention that they probably play Minecraft in cheat mode and played skyrim on easy! Then they come on here saying exactly the opposite!
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 23 May 2014 14:07
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭

So my question to this TOOL that belongs back in the shed, IS THIS A GAME OR A JOB??? I bet you are a skilled player as well pushing those 3 heal buttons too. Hypocrisy at its finest.

I'd be interested in knowing what level content he is playing.

Like half the dominion V3 content was doable and then I hit a brick wall where the mobs could basically 2-4 shot me if I didn't do something. I'm going down too fast to even get a grip on what is wrong. Basically, the solo content feels like I'm trying to solo a pre vet level dungeon at appropriate level.

V8 current on main v1 on my alt.

Really guys, just adapt. This happens in every mmo. People get to comfortable in their little worlds and stuck on FOTM builds or op combos and when the balance bat comes they cry.

This is their world. Like it or leave it. Its sad that today's gamers want everything to be so simple and easy.

Inb4 ad him comments because mad.

Moderator Edit: Removed for Flaming
    Edited by ZOS_LucasA on 23 May 2014 14:02
  • Korkhan
    Korkhan
    ✭✭

You can block an NPC whirlwind with a shield. given you have enough stamina. You cannot interrupt the skill, but you can block the damage for the most part. You can also stop an NPC charge if you block it. Try it sometime.

You are wrong. How can "getting hit by 800" mean "I can block this"? And yes you can interrupt whirlwind - well timed Power Slam shuts all normal mobs and bosses that are not cc immune.

• Darkrift
    Darkrift
    ✭✭✭
    I can't help but notice that while talking a big game, nobody is willing to show me how its done tomorrow after work granted nothing gets changed. I've opened the invitation to several "L2P" people on the forums yet not one bite.

Did you really expect anyone to back up their L2P statements?

I will be on in the evening. @Darkrift‌ is my userid. Look me up in game. Not saying I won't die, but I am sure up for the challenge. Currently working my VR5-7 group through Elinhir. Now that *** can be rough. :wink:

Edited by Darkrift on 23 May 2014 09:43
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garetth wrote: »

So my question to this TOOL that belongs back in the shed, IS THIS A GAME OR A JOB??? I bet you are a skilled player as well pushing those 3 heal buttons too. Hypocrisy at its finest.

I'd be interested in knowing what level content he is playing.

Like half the dominion V3 content was doable and then I hit a brick wall where the mobs could basically 2-4 shot me if I didn't do something. I'm going down too fast to even get a grip on what is wrong. Basically, the solo content feels like I'm trying to solo a pre vet level dungeon at appropriate level.

V8 current on main v1 on my alt.

Really guys, just adapt. This happens in every mmo. People get to comfortable in their little worlds and stuck on FOTM builds or op combos and when the balance bat comes they cry.

This is their world. Like it or leave it. Its sad that today's gamers want everything to be so simple and easy.

Inb4 ad him comments because mad.

You sir are a *** idiot and piece of *** to boot.

Yes there's hard and insane. I didn't play dark souls for long even though I pride myself on playing most games on the hardest level but in an mmo its completely different as you cater for many different levels of player. This is why we have solo quests, group dungeons, craglorn, harder world bosses, crafter's, RPers. If pve trash mobs become so hard that it take ages to defeat them then the game will lose sub's faster than water through a sieve!
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yankee wrote: »
    Liked the game, but This company is suicidal.

Yea. I'm afraid THIS is what has been coming to mind about them for awhile.

They just seem out of their depth. Pretty sad.
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eu servers back online. We are getting the patch now. 2.8GB @ 5.3mB/s
    Edited by Loxy37 on 23 May 2014 09:52
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loxy37 wrote: »

Thats only the first part of the patch. There will be 2 chunks of it, if not more, like all other ESO patches.
    Indeed it is so...
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭

Thats only the first part of the patch. There will be 2 chunks of it, if not more, like all other ESO patches.

I'm half way through the first chunk. Thanks for the info.
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    My theory is that the new difficulty for the over world VR content is a bug. When they changed they changed the Cyrodiil from VR1 to VR5 I think they some how changed all VR mobs with +5 SO VR1 = VR5 VR2 = VR6 and so on to VR10 = VR15

This changes can not be intended and they can't be so stupid to not mention it in the patch notes.
  • Darkrift
    Darkrift
    ✭✭✭
    Darkrift wrote: »
    I have softcapped health, magicka, armor, spell resist, 5heavy. I don't think these numbers look right:

MB6kuvi.jpg

Uhhh. Not bashing you at all. But charge should kill you EVERY time in VR. No excuses. And that charge isn't even a 1 shot for most players. :|

I don't know what to say to you man. It's never killed me before. Do you see that 800 whirlwind? That was THROUGH a block. So get hit for 800..a very short amount of time later get hit for 1300, do the math?

You are kind of bashing me by calling me a liar. And that I should l2p. Give me a break. It was not like this last night. There has been a change. Whether it was intentional or not, I think most of us would like to know. I have two characters in veteran content. My VR3 is having almost no issues. VR10, not so lucky. I guess I am just making all this up and I am also just a terrible player lol.

and @Darkrift you are welcome to come play with me to point out all the things I am doing wrong, I'd appreciate it. I play on the NA server, characters listed in signature.

I self-deprecate more than most players. I consider myself a noob nb tank, but I like the challenge. Yes, the whirlwind is gonna hurt even with a block. Like those giants I was fighting. If a mob kills me I whip out the VR group content/dungeon build and go toe-to-toe with that build.

My rotation for something like that is:

Shadowy Disguise > Swallow Soul > Ransack > Deep Slash > Shadowy Disguise every 4 seconds > Swallow Soul every 9 seconds (put it up on multiple mob packs)....then go to town bashing light attack, ransack, and deep slash (since I am using leeching strikes I have no low resource issues and I get health back. Yes I won't break 150 dps, but I won't die. Oh and follow up one of those big hits with a potion when it is off cooldown.

It isn't fast. It isn't pretty. It takes work. But it is a hell of a lot of fun and challenging. I enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it then in your guild send a tell to anyone around your level and see if they want to group, or ask in zone (hell ask in zone, but turn zone chat off - even better because then it doesn't matter who wants to troll you or whatever).

Does that mean it shouldn't be tweaked? No, I am NOT saying that. I am just saying that be more like John Locke and less like Justin Bieber.

"Don't tell me what I can't do!"

Also never play The Secret World, because there the Devs will respond on the forums themselves and say L2P.

• ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    Sunrock wrote: »
    My theory is that the new difficulty for the over world VR content is a bug. When they changed they changed the Cyrodiil from VR1 to VR5 I think they some how changed all VR mobs with +5 SO VR1 = VR5 VR2 = VR6 and so on to VR10 = VR15

This changes can not be intended and they can't be so stupid to not mention it in the patch notes.

The funny part tho is, that VR11-12 mobs are directly easy.
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭

That would make sense, and it's a very reasonable conclusion.

With some luck they respond soon to stop the onslaught of complaints, a simply statement would go a long way in this situation.

• captain_awesome
    captain_awesome
    ✭✭✭
    Enigma1985 wrote: »
    ...are we talking vr10-12? IF so its SUPPOSED to be Hard. Else the game because /roflstomp and players 12 hours after launch of 1.1 will just /elitewhine that they want more content.

^ This

Granted my highest character is 33 so I cannot comment on endgame changes and additions. However I've been playing MMO's long enough to be able to say that sometime in the next two weeks or so the people that gobble up the content in a matter of days will be complaining about a lack of content.

You're not even 20% through the leveling process. Bear that in mind...

It's clearly a huge bug in the 6-10 zone that people are complaining about.
    A bug that will be fixed soon I am sure.

Please @everyone = CALM DOWN.
    Dominion FTW.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people are reporting 1.5 times the health on trash mobsx4 in a group and you are toast! I think they have increase the craglorn mobs which have affected the regular veteran mob. The big question is why it wasn't reported in pts or was those player purely doing craglorn. That song spring to mind "One step forward and two steps back" that should be Zenimax corporate song :)
    Huge chance this was a part of the 1.1.2 update or later and they did not test normal vr at that time.

This one is working on an import function who broke for .doc files then support for .docx was added, yes it was tested for both however some late updates broke it.
    This sort of things is very common.

The lack of response is the main issue here.
    "Yes its an bug with difficulty in veteran zones, we work on fixing it"
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShintaiDK wrote: »

The funny part tho is, that VR11-12 mobs are directly easy.
    Perhaps the difficulty is mixed up, as I understand the VR11-12 mobs are designed as group content so they have to be far harder than the VR10 you can solo groups of three without much danger.
  • Lovely
    Lovely
    ✭✭✭

Whirlwind IS blockable.