Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Not Going to Punish Myself - Difficulty Change was NOT Tested

• ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    Darkrift wrote: »
    Uhhh. Not bashing you at all. But charge should kill you EVERY time in VR. No excuses. And that charge isn't even a 1 shot for most players. :|

In that case I would like my charge to kill the mobs too.
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worstluck wrote: »
    I have softcapped health, magicka, armor, spell resist, 5heavy. I don't think these numbers look right:

MB6kuvi.jpg

Uhhh. Not bashing you at all. But charge should kill you EVERY time in VR. No excuses. And that charge isn't even a 1 shot for most players. :|

I don't know what to say to you man. It's never killed me before. Do you see that 800 whirlwind? That was THROUGH a block. So get hit for 800..a very short amount of time later get hit for 1300, do the math?

You are kind of bashing me by calling me a liar. And that I should l2p. Give me a break. It was not like this last night. There has been a change. Whether it was intentional or not, I think most of us would like to know. I have two characters in veteran content. My VR3 is having almost no issues. VR10, not so lucky. I guess I am just making all this up and I am also just a terrible player lol.

and @Darkrift you are welcome to come play with me to point out all the things I am doing wrong, I'd appreciate it. I play on the NA server, characters listed in signature.
    Edited by Worstluck on 23 May 2014 08:20
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please play the game before you post. Nothing like people that have not logged in after patch trying to tell others they have no clue, sheesh.

Mates... silverbolts will stop any skeltons from doing any damage. You simply rotate between targets. The lack of player skill cannot be lost in this debate: Using CC will give you the time needed to kill multple targets.
    Indeed it is so...
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    I could not defeat a common Troll pre-patch on my NB lol. I was VR3 back then. I could manage most others (except any storm atronach either). I won't even bother post-patch.

My friend try, fail, and take screenshots of it. Send in the feedback. With any luck they will reverse this little hidden surprise for non craglorn content. PvP VR5 is totally another issue but solo quest zones need to be back to where they were.

Agree here, last week I and some other was a 5 man group of VR1-3 who was running around far behind enemy lines taking resource nodes to cut off the teleport links for the enemy this was great and worked until we was hit by an 20 man group.
    However the nodes should not be so easy you can steamroll them with 5 not very good players.
    12-20 should be able to do it but not a dungeon teams unless you was good and used siege engines.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rikushin wrote: »
    VR content is broken. Unless this is fixed soon I will be canceling my subscription. That or fix DKs so they dont ucking suck anymore.

DKs dont suck, it has to be you! DKs are the single most powerful class in the game, they own in Cyrodiil, and top most of the Emperor lists.
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
  • penguinlaraub17_ESO
    Phantorang wrote: »
    VR content is broken. Unless this is fixed soon I will be canceling my subscription. That or fix DKs so they dont ucking suck anymore.

DKs dont suck, it has to be you! DKs are the single most powerful class in the game, they own in Cyrodiil, and top most of the Emperor lists.

PvP does not make PvE
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    Mates... silverbolts will stop any skeltons from doing any damage. You simply rotate between targets. The lack of player skill cannot be lost in this debate: Using CC will give you the time needed to kill multple targets.

What happens if you dont fight skeletons? Or if you didnt spec points into silverbolts?
  • penguinlaraub17_ESO
    Please play the game before you post. Nothing like people that have not logged in after patch trying to tell others they have no clue, sheesh.

So they work on one type of mob, how about the rest?
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My offer extends to you as well. Come to The Rift and play with me right now, NA server.

I mean, I've only got 14 days play time on my main character, thanks for shedding some light on how silver bolts works.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭

PvP does not make PvE

It kind of does, because it also means that the amount of DKs reaching vr10 fast is high, Ive never heard anyone ever complain about DKs suck anywhere. Ive only seen how they run through everything and level fastest of all the classes.
  • penguinlaraub17_ESO
    ShintaiDK wrote: »

What happens if you dont fight skeletons? Or if you didnt spec points into silverbolts?

Then you're *** since you failed to spec into the new FOTM skill.
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭

Silverbolts is 1 point: Not that hard. Any PvEer not using SIlverbolts on the Main Quest or otherwise doesn't know how to play ESO. Everything you kill is either Dadera or Undead.

IF you don't fight skeletons... then it depends on your class. Dark Talons (DK) are OP generally vs NPCs and got buffed. Other classes use other CC skills of various levels of power. NB's have weaker CC but when combined with invisiblity that basically serves as a CC it buys you time. Soco and Templars have also CC skills.

What you need to do is CC 2/3 targets... DPS the third. Reapply CC on 1/2 remaining targets and DPS the 2nd down. Then DPS the third down.

Now if they are doing crazy amounts of damage that is one thing. However if you can solo one target... hitting multiple targets isnt always as crazy as it sounds but requires skill.

ONly problem with this strategy is if you don't manage your stamina/magicka properly and find yourself short of points to CC a target. However you should always have a strategy before mindlessly charging into battle.

Edited by TheGrandAlliance on 23 May 2014 08:29
    Indeed it is so...
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    Silverbolts is 1 point. Not that hard. ANy PvEer not using SIlverbolts on the main quest doesn't know how to play ESO. Everything u kill is either dadera or undead.

IF you don't fight skeletons... then it depends on your class. Dark Talons (DK) are OP generally vs NPCs and got buffed. Other classes use other CC skills of various levels of power. NB's have weaker CC but when combined with invisiblity that basically serves as a CC it buys you time. Soco and Templars have also CC skills.

What you need to do is CC 2/3 targets... DPS the third. Reapply CC on 1/2 remaining targets and DPS the 2nd down. Then DPS the third down.

Now if they are doing crazy amounts of damage that is one thing. However if you can solo one target... hitting multiple targets isnt always as crazy as it sounds but requires skill.

ONly problem with this strategy is if you don't manage your stamina/magicka properly and find yourself short of points to CC a target. However you should always have a strategy before mindlessly charging into battle.

1 point is a lot if you dont have any.

Anyway, tell me what to do with my templar. I am quite aware DKs got very good CC abilities. But that doesnt help me. So tell me what CC I need to apply. And dont tell me its the single target javelin I can maybe cast 4 or 5 times vs 2 or 3 mobs in a fight if I avoid using my magicka to anything else really. And remember I need to survive this fight against 3 mobs with atleast 4000 HP each doing quite a lot of damage to me even when I block.
    Edited by ShintaiDK on 23 May 2014 08:32
  • Generic_08_15
    Generic_08_15
    ✭✭
    Worstluck wrote: »
    Oh and this is coming from someone who didn't use a guide and did VR Fungal Grotto with 3 VR1s and 1 VR2. Also doing Craglorn with a group of 1 VR2, 2 VR6s, and me (VR5). Just to put some perspective.

Have you played around with the patch yet? I am guessing not. I have an easier time soloing in Craglorn than I do in a VR10 zone as of right now. That can't be intentional. I seriously solo'd a boss in Craglorn. I can't beat three vr10 skeletons.

I have softcapped health, magicka, armor, spell resist, 5heavy. I don't think these numbers look right:

MB6kuvi.jpg

You got a Whirlwind and a Charge to the face. That means you didnt bother to get out of any red zone. And then you want to tell us its not your fault? Wow, just incredible bad playing....
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soco and Templars have also CC skills.

Can you tell us about the Templar CC (Crowd Control, more than 1 target) skills?
    Edited by Phantorang on 23 May 2014 08:46
  • penguinlaraub17_ESO

PvP does not make PvE

It kind of does, because it also means that the amount of DKs reaching vr10 fast is high, Ive never heard anyone ever complain about DKs suck anywhere. Ive only seen how they run through everything and level fastest of all the classes.

DK's level fastest? You sir are smoking to much Skooma. If any class is/was running through crap was them Vamp/sorcs I see soloing public dungeons from V1-V5. They just melt groups of mobs with no problem, not even a Shiled Bashing DK had anything on them.
  • penguinlaraub17_ESO

Silverbolts is 1 point: Not that hard. Any PvEer not using SIlverbolts on the Main Quest or otherwise doesn't know how to play ESO. Everything you kill is either Dadera or Undead.

You do know that Dark Talons are only a 4sec root? Even if you morphed them the reduced damage, V5 mobs will still wreck you. You can't spam them none stop since they cost about 400 magicka per cast.

You are not telling me nothing I don't know about CC. So please take your L2P argument somewhere else. Since I run with Stone Giant and Dark Talons on my tank setup before and after this patch.
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭

PvP does not make PvE

DK's level fastest? You sir are smoking to much Skooma. If any class is/was running through crap was them Vamp/sorcs I see soloing public dungeons from V1-V5. They just melt groups of mobs with no problem, not even a Shiled Bashing DK had anything on them.

I can your problem if you think shield bashing is DKs most effective way to kill mobs. I can agree sorc is a good number 2.
    Edited by Phantorang on 23 May 2014 08:39
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do know that Dark Talons are only a 4sec root? Even if you morphed them the reduced damage, V5 mobs will still wreck you. You can't spam them none stop since they cost about 400 magicka per cast.

You are not telling me nothing I don't know about CC. So please take your L2P argument somewhere else. Since I run with Stone Giant and Dark Talons on my tank setup before and after this patch.

...then you shouldn't be complaining. BTW 4 seconds is plenty of life to DPS a target down. And you can chain DT I have seen it done in PvP before. Alas if you are VR5 you should be able to handle other VR5s.
    Indeed it is so...
  • Nashaan
    Nashaan
    Soul Shriven
    I can't speak for higher end zones but VR3 honestly doesn't seem that different to what it was before the patch. I can still take out groups of 3 with my dual wield NB but when I first got to the vet zones I changed my build to a single target cloak/ CC build so maybe that's why it doesn't seem much harder.
    One thing I did notice is that I can't just ride the heavy hits anymore now that they make you crouch for a cpl of seconds ... I either have to block it or cloak earlier to make the mob cancel it.
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭

Can you tell us about the Templar CC (Crowd Control, more than 1 target) skills?

Look... I am not Templar IDK what then can do exactly. All I know is that I have seen elite players use them like Gods. They can CC one target and DPS another. They (until at least this patch) also like to use destro/restro staff combo to simply AoE the shi tus out of targets without any CC at all.
    Edited by TheGrandAlliance on 23 May 2014 09:09
    Indeed it is so...
  • penguinlaraub17_ESO
    [/quote]

...then you shouldn't be complaining. BTW 4 seconds is plenty of life to DPS a target down. And you can chain DT I have seen it done in PvP before. Alas if you are VR5 you should be able to handle other VR5s.[/quote]

Have you logged in since patch went live?
  • Nashaan
    Nashaan
    Soul Shriven

Look... I am not Templar IDK what then can do exactly. All I know is that I have seen elite players use them like Gods. They can CC one target and DPS another. They (until at least his patch) also like to use destro/restro staff combo to simply AoE the shi tus out of targets without any CC at all.

Sounds more like a destro DK, staff DK's put out some serious amounts of damage.

• Vlaxitov
    Vlaxitov
    ✭✭✭
    If they haven't changed anything by tomorrow after work, I'm extending an invitation for anyone to show me how the pros do it. I go down in 2-5 shots over 3-7 seconds depending on what pack of mobs it is, clearly not pro. I do however have faith that tomorrow some pro can show me how its done after ZoS confirms that 2-5 shots over 3-7 seconds is exactly what they had in mind.
    Edited by Vlaxitov on 23 May 2014 08:52
  • Zero_Tolerance
    Zero_Tolerance
    ✭✭✭

I don't know man, I just seen DK in VR8 dungeon (Rulanyil's Fall) melt *** so fast I wanted to reroll my NB again. I do agree sorcs do the same - seen one in Razak's Wheel V5 not even trying to pull less than 2 full groups each time.

• Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse my ignorance, but did they state the difficulty of vet content has increased? Or it is just something players have noticed, and they are staying silent on?

Vet levels were pretty tough as is, I was just getting into the swing of it :(

Downloading patch now, cannot try the game out until later.
  • penguinlaraub17_ESO
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    If they haven't changed anything by tomorrow after work, I'm extending an invitation for anyone to show me how the pros do it. I go down in 2-5 shots over 3-7 seconds depending on what pack of mobs it is, clearly not pro. I do however have faith that tomorrow some pro can show me how its done after ZoS confirms that 2-5 shots over 3-7 seconds is exactly what they had in mind.

Yea that would be great, because it seems all the people complaining after the patch went live have no clue on how to play/build their character. We need a true pro to come and show us the way to enlightenment, because I sure need it. Groups of 3 now wreck my *** so hard that I taste chocolate in the back of my throat.
    Edited by penguinlaraub17_ESO on 23 May 2014 09:04
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Use CC...

Now , how did i got to VR9 , and i did not thought of this ... genius.

Use CC... I really did not think of that at all , i mean , why would i try using CC right?

No really , you are life saviour , i will use CC and win everything now :P.

Honestly mate , do you really think , players are THIS stupid , that the solution was using CC and yet we are here? Really?

Let me put this down this way , i dont have a CC strong enough , that i can use. The best i can use is vulcanic rune , which is hilarious because it tosses the enemies away and i cant hit them all a second time usually.

Look... I am not Templar IDK what then can do exactly. All I know is that I have seen elite players use them like Gods. They can CC one target and DPS another. They (until at least his patch) also like to use destro/restro staff combo to simply AoE the shi tus out of targets without any CC at all.

Yeah , let me break you the news , templar CCs suck on anything that is not 1 single target, while granted , they are really good on 1 enemy at a time (note , this really good , is not better than a DK and maybe even a sorc can do).
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • FatSheriff
    Granted my highest character is 33 so I cannot comment on endgame changes and additions.

Then don't. This is like saying "Though I am not a brain surgeon, I will speak about giving a lombotomy.

So someone kills someone on the operating table but you wouldn't say that was a failer because your not a surgeon? Some things are just common sense. If people say VR is a grind and they make the mobs harder it's not rocket science to figure out how that will end :|
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

I experienced the same thing. It doesn't seem to be all NPC's either. Some caster mobs and others were just as easy. Some are murdering me. I found two VR10 skeleton mobs, ran into the middle of them and used my skill Mass Hysteria, a fear that reduces weapon damage by 30%, and let them come at me and this is what happened:

kwPr2aX.jpg

This happened in what seemed like 2-3 seconds. 845 heavy hit (which would have been higher without debuff), then 844 dagger throw lol. 360 bleed dot dmg. I have 1800 armor and 2600 health unbuffed.
    ―Madanach
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant