Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Not Going to Punish Myself - Difficulty Change was NOT Tested

• vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    Phantorang wrote: »
    It kind of does, because it also means that the amount of DKs reaching vr10 fast is high, Ive never heard anyone ever complain about DKs suck anywhere. Ive only seen how they run through everything and level fastest of all the classes.

I've seen DKs in heavy armor using shields(not bashing), Chains and Dragon Leap so it is possible. I've even seen DKs die sometimes. True story!
  • NukaCola
    NukaCola
    ✭✭✭
    There is no way im gonna group up to do regular quests. Im a casual player and i usually have time to do 1-2 quests a day. Im currently doing quests in VR3 area and i think the difficulty was spot on. Some larger mob packs and bosses with adds offer sufficient difficulty. No need to tone it up. Im afraid to log on tonight and try this new patch. I already saw that a bunch of achievements where bugged when i logged to get my hireling materials (nice to see they fixed those).

• kaze_mizuno_ESO
    kaze_mizuno_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Just thought I'd mention this, as this is one of the biggest threads on the issue and no one's apparently noticed yet.

If you'll check the dev tracker, it was confirmed just recently on multiple threads that this difficulty jump for VR mobs was not intended, and that a fix is coming in the next 24 hours.
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fix is coming in the next 24 hours it seems...

Hurray!

Likely some kind of variable on VR mobs that got affected by the craglorn mobs :P
    Hey guys,

This change was not intended, though some VR content and monsters are indeed more difficult after yesterday’s patch. We are working on a fix now to revert the difficulty back to what you were familiar with prior to patch 1.1.2, and plan to have this rolled out in the next 24 hours. Thanks so much for your patience!
    Edited by liquid_wolf on 23 May 2014 16:40
  • Xigence
    Xigence
    Iceman_mat wrote: »
    So, to understand this and correct me if i'm wrong but the main complaint amongst Veterans who wtf lvled is that "the game was to easy and didn't feel like veteran difficulty" so now that they went "ok" and made it feel / hard as veteran difficulty, it is to hard?

Am I the only one seeing the irony in this? I am aren't I. Alright.

-Cheers

I'll gladly correct you since you're being just as arrogant as the rest of the people defending this change. Multiple changes have occurred that make this more than a mere difficulty boost. Mob health has been drastically increased to the point where you simply do not have the resource pools to sustain a fight that long. Second, mob damage has exponentially increased. Having a full group with you doesn't matter one damn bit when your tank can be instantly killed because he ate a heavy attack. You can never have enough health or armor even in the best gear to properly negate these attacks.

Keep in mind both these issues get worse and worse the higher you go. It obviously should not be this way. Craglorn group content is easier than content that is intended to be soloed. Something is ***, and anyone who says otherwise is full of crap. Now the icing on the cake is the change in how animations work. At low levels it isn't as noticeable since you rarely have to react quickly to block, dodge, or interrupt. But at higher levels it just feels like massive lag. To give an example, my bread and butter templar skill (Biting Jabs) now has such a long delay after casting that mobs can fully charge a heavy attack and immediately kill me before I can do ANYTHING.

This wasn't just a nerf or a difficulty buff. This patch fundamentally broke the game and if it doesn't get fixed soon then this game is going to start losing veteran players at a painful rate. Remember, Wildstar is right around the corner, and the average MMO loses most of its player base in the first month. Veteran zones are already empty. No one is going to struggle to find a group to wade through this crap just so they can quest.
    Edited by Xigence on 23 May 2014 16:43
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xigence wrote: »
    A Long Post About A Difficulty Bug That Will Be Patched Soon

There is a patch coming... cool down for a bit. They've claimed in the next 24 hours.
    Edited by liquid_wolf on 23 May 2014 16:47
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    This patch fundamentally broke the game and if it doesn't get fixed soon then this game is going to start losing veteran players at a painful rate. Remember, Wildstar is right around the corner, and the average MMO loses most of its player base in the first month. Veteran zones are already empty. No one is going to struggle to find a group to wade through this crap just so they can quest.

Yup, and the nerfs to bash just made it even that much more difficult to find a person playing a tank for trials in craglorn. I heard there was some DPS sorc tank build that replaces my role very ez anyway. This game just keeps getting stupider by the day.

• Darkrift
    Darkrift
    ✭✭✭
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Darkrift wrote: »
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    I can't help but notice that while talking a big game, nobody is willing to show me how its done tomorrow after work granted nothing gets changed. I've opened the invitation to several "L2P" people on the forums yet not one bite.

Did you really expect anyone to back up their L2P statements?

I will be on in the evening. @Darkrift‌ is my userid. Look me up in game. Not saying I won't die, but I am sure up for the challenge. Currently working my VR5-7 group through Elinhir. Now that *** can be rough. :wink:

So in other words you're admitting that you can't back up that mouth of yours.

You won't hear my mouth complaining the content is too hard. Stop trying so hard to troll, it comes off as immature.

• Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    *sigh* Relax, guys. They know it's an unintended and that they're changing it.
    Edited by Sihnfahl on 23 May 2014 17:09
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big_O wrote: »
    I was instant killed by a tiger earlier. Solo grinding is almost impossible for me at the moment.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2njfuc6.jpg

this could happen 2 weeks ago , i even posted on the forums that something was broken when you could be one shot by a trash mob in open world.... i got lots of trash talk from epeen strokers about how everything was fine and vet mode should be about crap like this.

one shotting should never happen unless its a big telegraphed boss move that offers time to interupt or dodge. not just " bang dead"

• Xigence
    Xigence
    A Long Post About A Difficulty Bug That Will Be Patched Soon

There is a patch coming... cool down for a bit. They've claimed in the next 24 hours.

This was lazy and unacceptable. It doesn't matter when a fix is coming. The bug was obvious the moment you engage an enemy in higher level VR zones. It's not just one or two mobs. It's everything. They also only acknowledged the difficulty, not the broken animation changes. The developers should not be exhibiting this level of incompetence. It makes the future of this game seem entirely unpredicted.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bug was obvious the moment you engage an enemy in higher level VR zones.
    Which they felt no need to test, as they had assumed the coder's change would only increase the VP...
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chirru wrote: »
    Ok, it definately seems like the difficulty was kicked way up. I cannot take 3 things at all, and 2 is just barely a win IF I win.

Was this intended or not?

VR content?

Yes, in my opinion it was intent. Maybe I am not imaginative enough, but I simply can not imagine that this was a mistake. My opinion is that the difficulty was cranked up so as to slow players down. Else more and more will cry that there is nothing do do any longer once reaching VR12.
    Then they should have made it damn near impossible for a group 4 in cragfail

or group of 12 in the trial to die numerous horrible deaths that would slow down people as well.

• murklor007neb18_ESO
    Ok so I'm all for increased difficulty... But this is absolutely ridiculous.

I am tank speced and yesterday breezed through content on my buggy Nighblade. 3, 4 mobs, not a problem. I could take the pressure.

Today a VR6 zombie summon hit me for 1639 damage with womit - before the god damn effect even played! I was literally insta-killed as there where already two mobs that had brought me below 2K HP. WHAT?!!?!

While the bash nerf was *needed* (a sheild bash doing more damage than a sword swing is ridiculous) melee is now pointless. I simply cannot kill mobs fast enough when its 2+. Not with this insane damage they got AND buffed HP.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    ZOE green came out and said the difficulty increase wasn't intended and a patch to revert them to the original difficulty will be out within 24 hours.
  • Jankstar
    Jankstar
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought I'd mention this, as this is one of the biggest threads on the issue and no one's apparently noticed yet.

If you'll check the dev tracker, it was confirmed just recently on multiple threads that this difficulty jump for VR mobs was not intended, and that a fix is coming in the next 24 hours.

Nooooo! I was loving the challenge, it was so crunchy! Plus all the tears were delicious. I hope they wait the full 24 hours.
  • murklor007neb18_ESO
    Kyosji wrote: »
    ZOE green came out and said the difficulty increase wasn't intended and a patch to revert them to the original difficulty will be out within 24 hours.
    Dear lord, I hope so.

I have spent the last 30 minutes trying to handle 3 VR6 skeletons just to access a graveyard. Just standard melee mobs, nothing special. Before the patch all I had to do was sneeze at them and they died. It was too easy. Impossible now. I just cant handle them. Tried different skills, different combos, CCing one of them, armor buffs, AoE damage, going into fighters guild line, everything I could thing of. Best effort was 1 killed but then I had like 10% HP/0% rest so I was already a walking corpse.

If they want to annoy people even more in this buggy mess of a game, I'll say they've succeeded with bravado. A patch shouldnt make me want to quit the damn game.
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    No idea what this thread is talking about, I haven't noticed a change in mobs at VR5. Same class abilities, same combos, still dead from my rinse and repeat tactics. If an ability you use got nerfed, maybe that's why it's harder? I've enjoyed the challenge so far on boss fights, and I have to be careful how I initiate on groups of 3-5 mobs, 1-2 are easy pick offs. No problems here so far.
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • zoetaz1616
    zoetaz1616
    ✭✭
    Does this mean we can't argue about this any longer? Man....
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyosji wrote: »
    Dear lord, I hope so.

I have spent the last 30 minutes trying to handle 3 VR6 skeletons just to access a graveyard. Just standard melee mobs, nothing special. Before the patch all I had to do was sneeze at them and they died. It was too easy. Impossible now. I just cant handle them. Tried different skills, different combos, CCing one of them, armor buffs, AoE damage, going into fighters guild line, everything I could thing of. Best effort was 1 killed but then I had like 10% HP/0% rest so I was already a walking corpse.

If they want to annoy people even more in this buggy mess of a game, I'll say they've succeeded with bravado. A patch shouldnt make me want to quit the damn game.

Yeah it's not every NPC. Skeletons seem to be seriously affected. I was killing some normal VR10 humanoid caster NPC's with ease, but I die easily to three VR10 skeletons. Even some of the humanoids were twice as strong, while others were not. A group of two Bandit Hunters murdered me for some reason. I didn't have ultimate up and I just ran out resources and died.

No matter, it was unintended, at least we know that now. I hope they can fix it before the evening :)
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    Soloing giants in Eastmarch at VR4 was fine (The ones that do a big uppercut swing you can't really do anything against that takes away 45% of your health).
    Those "big uppercut swings" by giants don't hurt at all. They take so long to execute that the player just needs to move out of the way and not get hit by it at all.
    I would have never even known that anything was really changed except I came here to find a guildmate's post about Craglorn and how much he enjoyed it....so when I came here with people complaining left and right about difficulty I was a little surprised.
    I guess you were surprised, since nothing for you changed, being in a VR4 zone. It's VR5-10 that people are complaining about.
  • Lilth
    Lilth
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I see they did with mob difficulty after the patch.

First- they increased experience = Great! I was all for that because xp gain in veteran zones was a little low compared to how much is needed for a level.
    Second-they decreased repair cost=Another big +

Another big change, that I didn't find all that welcoming and I didn't know about it until after I started questing in a veteran rank 5 zone, is the drastic damage output from the mobs :s I'm veteran level 6.
    Results from these changes are-
    First- Mobs hit harder and take twice to three times longer to kill making it take a lot longer to complete any quests-This counters the bonus of the xp gain making it pointless to have added.
    Second-Mobs hit harder, larger groups will defeat us more often causing more deaths-Result, more repair bills. I don't see a big benefit here to reduced repair costs.
    Anyone else see what they did there :\

I completed less quests because it took longer to kill mobs, I barely saw my experience bar move. I supported the local armor repair npc's more often so good for them I guess. I don't want to be in a group all the time in order to complete quests faster because of this change.

They need to find a better balance for this. I'm all for a little increase in difficulty but this was pretty drastic.

This is just a test........ if this was an actual sig, you would have been mildly amused..........

• Akuydab14_ESO
    Akuydab14_ESO
    ✭✭
    Sadae wrote: »
    lol, most of these people crying are the same ones who say, "learn to play" when other classes get nerfed. Well I say the same thing here: Learn to play!

I hate a game where people can just max out DPS then kill anything before the mob can touch them, all without using any CC's even. If there's actually some challenge now and power-hungry kiddies can't just press 1-2-3 to kill mobs, then I'm all for it!

Strategy girls!

And to all the *** replies this post will receive: HAHA! Sux to suck! Cya! And don't let the door hit you on the way out! =P

No you're just stupid.

• KraidenDove
    KraidenDove
    ✭✭
    I now see that this was indeed a major issue as I posted on the first four pages yesterday, and now it has 10 in a few matter of hours.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is a bug. IF it isn't a bug, it was completely untested and pushed out the door like a pile of hot garbage. The fact is, they didn't warn us about the "BTW, NPCS NOW HAVE DOUBLE DAMAGE AND HEALTH" update to the higher VR zones. I am now seeing standard attacks in VR10 zone do 600 damage. I killed 1, die, come back, rinse and repeat. That is how I clear solo dungeons now. If a group comes up we manage 3, then die, rinse and repeat.

If this was an intended update we SHOULD'VE BEEN WARNED! We could've prepared for it with ultra suits, complicated metabuids and blah blah blah but the fact is most casual players are in greens and just got their butts handed to them to the point or rage logging. The simple fact is the majority of players in this game ARE NOT ABOVE VR5. How many Dark Souls fans are there? Think everyone in this game enjoys that level of difficulty? If so, you will be rudely awakened to reality when they find thousands of unsubs in the next payment que line as your 17-20 year old fans just say "Why am I doing this to myself" while the older folks say "There isn't anyone to fight anymore as the core of the game has unsub." You need regular folks elitist morons. Without them you have a small little circle of guys that you will eventually get bored with and move on to your next shinny penny challenge game.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is a bug. IF it isn't a bug
    Already confirmed across all language boards it's a bug.
  • KraidenDove
    KraidenDove
    ✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »

If ZOS would post a confirmation on this, they would stop the thousands of unsubs that are going on as we debate this. They probably are trying to figure out how exactly to word "Yes, not only did we screw up the quest counter and those of you who have been posting in the bangkorai and shadowfen area for months now have many more brethren in all other zones, but we also have completely destroyed npc damage balance and have taken the most popular weapon S&B, and have made it utterly useless as a dps option."

How do you fit that in a single post? LMFAO.
  • meimei
    meimei
    Soul Shriven

If ZOS would post a confirmation on this, they would stop the thousands of unsubs that are going on as we debate this. They probably are trying to figure out how exactly to word "Yes, not only did we screw up the quest counter and those of you who have been posting in the bangkorai and shadowfen area for months now have many more brethren in all other zones, but we also have completely destroyed npc damage balance and have taken the most popular weapon S&B, and have made it utterly useless as a dps option."

They definitely need to make an announcement to what's going on. This will help quiet the critics, but don't leave us in the dark.......It's been a 1 1/2 days and still no word!

Hello,
    Is there anybody in there
    Just nod if you can hear me
    Is there anyone at home
  • Sanspoof
    Sanspoof
    ✭✭✭
    meimei wrote: »

They definitely need to make an announcement to what's going on. This will help quiet the critics, but don't leave us in the dark.......It's been a 1 1/2 days and still no word!

Hello,
    Is there anybody in there
    Just nod if you can hear me
    Is there anyone at home
    They have : http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/880101

(need to scroll down a little to find the reply)
    Edited by Sanspoof on 24 May 2014 00:27
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭
    I like the hard mobs. Sure some kill me. But they are more of a challange then bosses. Many bosses were not buffed. And I kill 70% as a sor

If this is what v10 or 12 will feel like I eel excited now. But maybe bored by time I get 10 or 12
  • Aistis1990
    Im VR4 Templar. 2x sets with armor. (2.2k armor 1.9k spell ressist 1.9k health) . previously played this game flawlessly. If I get into a group of 5 I could die. With help of bashing i could take 4 monsters (sometimes with healing). Now... bash dmg - sword hit's dmg. If I go against 2 monsters I can't deal with them. Most dungeons have 3-4 monsters on the way through. I just can't do any quests I can't play this game. I have not many friends because they have quited this game untill devs fix vet difficulty. So now I'm alone and stuck in progress. VR4 dude all went fine prior this patch. 4 Days now. 0 progress and I doubt if gonna log into this game because it's useless. All the time I venture anywhere still keep dying and running out of money for repairing the stuff... You people are rly insane.