The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crashing alot when zoning after the patch

Korsario
Korsario
✭✭✭
Since the patch theres a 50% chance I crash when trying to teleport
  • Korsario
    Korsario
    ✭✭✭
    It also uses the money for the teleport and leaves you in the same place you started when you log back in
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SO...

"Fixed a crash that could occur when changing zones or using a wayshrine."

The fix is that now more people see the bug? :smiley:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should combine our threads about this. lol
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crashed when standing around scratching my arse...it is crashing all over the place now
  • Korsario
    Korsario
    ✭✭✭
    Any official answer?
  • dawgyg999
    dawgyg999
    ✭✭
    crashed when standing around scratching my arse...it is crashing all over the place now

This was happening to me before this patch since this Homestead release, hard to know how they've made it worse lol
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Server?
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick someone convene a meeting with the streamers!
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • salmoncat33
    salmoncat33
    ✭✭
    Thank goodness it's not just me. I thought my computer was the cause.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Can you guys provide a bit more info? Where are you trying to travel to when you crash? Are you using a wayshrine or traveling to another player? What server/platform are you on?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA. Wasn't crashing before today's update but sure am now. Just on transiting to other zones. No particular zone and happens both with wayshrines and traveling to other player. Disabled all "out of date addons" but still occurring. Will try disabling all addons period to see if anything changes.

update: disabling addons completely didn't seem to help
    Edited by Evergnar on February 13, 2017 6:56PM
  • Brugaz
    Brugaz
    ✭✭
    Same here but since the Homestead patch. PC/EU
    Its like im crashing on using every third or fourth wayshrine. doesnt matter where I want to travel.
    Note that if I want to teleport to a wayshrine where it costs me gold and I crash, after I logged back in the next teleport costs me the ~1k gold still sitting in the old area.
    No clue if its related to that, i do also crash on every third or fourth crafting station (all six) I click on or want to leave making it a pain in the *** to do crafting daylies with seven characters and the same amount of crashes when talking to a guild merchant.
    Already sent like 50 crash reports :(
    Edit: Using the German client, testing the English one from now on.
    Edited by Brugaz on February 13, 2017 5:22PM
    (PC/EU) - | @Brugaz |
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been crashing a LOT since the Homestead patch.

Wayshrining from one location to another (spent most of the weekend operating out of Hews Bane and porting to and from Thieves Guild lockbox/pickpocket locations)

Can always expect a crash if I travel to Rawlka. Either right as I zone in, or within 10 minutes of leaving, regardless of whether I used the shrine inside the town or the next closest one.

Also a lot of crashing while character jumping (over things like provisioning nodes)

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Porting from Wayshrine to Wayshrine sine Homestead is a gamble. I think is is just the next level of RNG. Will it load, freeeze, or crash?
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »
    Porting from Wayshrine to Wayshrine sine Homestead is a gamble. I think is is just the next level of RNG. Will it load, freeeze, or crash?

Heh, there was that for me too. Plenty of porting from wayshrine to wayshrine, both locations relatively unpopulated, and looooooong loading screens. Sometimes they'd recover othertimes crash.

Then a 3-4 minute "requesting character load" getting back in

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not only crashing, sometimes it's a very long load screen and then a time out to the login screen - this has happened going from Eastmarch to Craglorn twice so far today plus a random CTD while reviewing furniture recipes in the Craglorn clothing point... note that by today I mean in the last 30 minutes since I started trying to play.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • RAMdisk
    RAMdisk
    Oookay... just ran the patch, cannot even start the game, all I get is the crashreport-thingy.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you guys provide a bit more info? Where are you trying to travel to when you crash? Are you using a wayshrine or traveling to another player? What server/platform are you on?

Well Craglorn is bugged for me - kicks me off when tryna tp. Happened last time too, and exact same scenario: logged out while in City of Ash I, whilst tping in there from Craglorn.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • RAMdisk
    RAMdisk
    RAMdisk wrote: »
    Oookay... just ran the patch, cannot even start the game, all I get is the crashreport-thingy.

====================================================================
    eso encountered a fatal error. (Error 11)
    Description: Client Fatal Error
    ====================================================================

[reporter]
    version = 0.01

[extra]
    ProductName = eso
    Version = eso.live.2.7.6.1412084
    branch = live
    client.executablebits = 64
    client.mode = startup
    client.renderertype = D3D11
    client.session_start_timestamp = 2017-02-13T17:48:10.837Z
    client.timestamp = 2017-02-13T17:48:11.110Z -frme 0-
    computer.name = ADMIN-PC
    computer.user = Admin
    cpu.arch = 9
    cpu.count = 8
    cpu.level = 6
    cpu.type = 8664
    data.depotid = 4000
    data.dir = D:/ESO/The Elder Scrolls Online/depot/
    data.syncm = databuild
    data.version = 4000.win.1408989.live.1408964
    exe.buildnum = 1412084
    exe.opt = release
    exe.reltype = public
    exe.type = client
    fe.code = 11
    fe.descrip = Client Fatal Error
    gfx.description = 21.19.137.514
    gfx.deviceid = 26624.91951144.0
    gfx.driver = AMD Radeon HD 7970M
    gfx.vendorid = 4098
    mem.system_physical = 8142
    os.osbits = 64
    os.platform = windows
    os.version = 10.0.14393.
    ptime = 304
    reportfield.ver = 3
    version.major = 2
    version.patch = 7
    version.subpatch = 6
  • Tireheb
    Tireheb
    Soul Shriven
    yep and now im not even able to log into Craglorn. It goes to character screen but get's stuck on loading screen. I tried on different characters like i logged into wrothgar and it seems working. 8 crashes in 30 min and the reason is not my internet connection.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I keep crashing, too. It seems like it happens more frequently when Craglorn's involved. I've gotten multiple "ESO has stopped working" messages AND multiple crash reports that pop up.

Sometimes, I get a crash when I try teleporting to Craglorn- other times, it just randomly happens while I'm walking.

PC/NA server. I've got all Add-ons disabled, too.

Edited by Savos_Saren on February 13, 2017 5:56PM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crashed twice in craglorn. Once just riding around the second after leaving the pub. If this game can't handle populated areas just watch when morrowind hits LOL
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can't port to the belkarth wayshrine, it just won't work, maybe simply too many players, you have to port to shrines outside of belkarth and the walk into town
  • Korsario
    Korsario
    ✭✭✭

PC, EU Servers happen both with shrine or without shrine and destination doesnt seem to matetr has happened 5 tiems today already. And it takes the money from the teleport but doesnt finish the teleport itself as you stay on the same palce when you relog without the money and the increased cost if you arent using a shrine.
  • Korsario
    Korsario
    ✭✭✭
    And its not just Craglorn at all, Auridon, Benkag... doesnt seem to matter
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was ok earlier but crashing a lot now, also when I do get back in get kicked back to log-in screen :(
  • ThePaulrus94
    ThePaulrus94
    ✭✭✭
    PC-NA. Ive crashed twice in the past two days teleporting directly from Davon's Watch Wayshrine to Mournhold Wayshrine. Got a crash report window and sent in the details. I should mention, it was before this mornings update.

I don't get a huge amount of time to play but I'd say out of the two days, I played for maybe three hours or so and got only these crashes. Other wayshrines within zone seemed okay but maybe I'm lucky.
    Edited by ThePaulrus94 on February 13, 2017 6:28PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same as before patch: when group mate automatically port out of mazzatun after group disbanded - crash in loading screen, was able to log in back and on loading screen crash again. After like 7th try it didn't crashed.
    Porting to other zones randomly can dissconnect.
    Deshaan zone is worst. It hard to log on there from 1st try even or port there from other zones.
    Edited by Cinbri on February 13, 2017 6:37PM
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is actually even worse then it was before the patch
    2 times thrown back to the login screen.
    1 crash when touching a wayshrine

all this during a 15 minute gaming session
    btw. it feels like the loading screens are taking more time

@ZOS_GinaBruno did you guys test this patch before throwing it at us?
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've bugged it before, but whenever I take the Wayshrine in Belkarth, Craglorn there's like a 50/50 chance I will crash when arriving at that wayshrine or porting from it. It doesn't seem to affect other Wayshrines, but Belkarth's is always a problem for me. I'm not sure if it's relevant, but it doesn't happen if I port to the wayshrine, only when directly using a wayshrine to/from Belkarth.

I either crash outright or get thrown back to the login.