The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Incapacitating Strike Silence 5.0.3

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    How long is a dodge roll? A bit longer then 1 second? Is two dodge rolls long enough to outlast it?

I think it's like 2 seconds. You don't need to roll dodge twice to avoid Incap, only once. Typically, when I hear the sound effect for Incap starting up, I'm already buffering a roll dodge.
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    How long is a dodge roll? A bit longer then 1 second? Is two dodge rolls long enough to outlast it?

your two dodge rolls will just be followed by a fear. and now you are out of stamina.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is insane .. probably the most idiotic change I have ever seen.

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no wonder Kena quit both the game and as rep lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every single patch they manage to make a change that makes people ask ''Do they even play their own game?''

...every single patch...
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • lnigo
    lnigo
    ✭✭✭
    Time to backbar sword and board
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tested if it can be broken-free yet? Or if it Silences if you are already CC immune?

If it is treated as a CC (which is how negate worked for a couple patches), it's no big deal. If it's a "debuff" outside of the CC system....whoooo boy. Time to hang up the solo magicka hat for a while.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tested if it can be broken-free yet? Or if it Silences if you are already CC immune?

If it is treated as a CC (which is how negate worked for a couple patches), it's no big deal. If it's a "debuff" outside of the CC system....whoooo boy. Time to hang up the solo magicka hat for a while.

I can follow this logic.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys... think of the poor Nightblades. Some of them actually failed to kill their targets. We can't have that.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Me when I saw the patch notes:

Unbekannt.gif

The rest is fine btw, but the incap change...
    Edited by Masel on 7 May 2019 19:59
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • The_Shadowborn
    The_Shadowborn
    ✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    Me when I saw the patch notes:

Unbekannt.gif

Glad to see the Class Rep system is working well xD

Well done Zos
    @W_Shadowborn (PC/EU)
    - Toxic Toads
    - Noxious
    - [/s] Cyrodiil's Fist
    [/s]
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is actually hilarious how stupid of a change this is. So if you incap a mag dude you basically get a gauranteed kill?

Actually out of their minds...
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now mag classes will use Vigor :D
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just a mag dude any dude ..
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • JamesDX
    JamesDX
    ✭✭✭
    Hybrid classes OP? :D
  • Pronto
    Pronto
    That's way too much.
    Pronto Padfoot - Bosmer Stamina Nightblade (AD)
    Pronto Greenfoot - Bosmer Stamina Warden (AD)
    Pronto Firefoot - Bosmer Stamina Dragonknight (AD)
    -Pronto - Bosmer Stamina Nightblade (AD)
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If cc immunity would prevent the silence and if you could break free from it while gaining cc immunity when doing so, then this silencing effect could be balanced around the cc system. However, there was no notion about this in the patch notes, so right now it looks extremely broken to me.
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilliam is the most biased developer
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kaysha wrote: »

your two dodge rolls will just be followed by a fear. and now you are out of stamina.

This. Right. Here.

I run 18k stam on all my mag toons already, how am i supposed to go on the offensive aganist any stamblade, knowing they can completely shut my char down for 3 seconds?

I wonder if reactive procs when silenced?
  • Frudu
    Frudu
    Make counterplay to nbs? (without having to waste skillslots or pots for only one class) Open up diversity in playstyles and setups for nb? (not just typical runaway 2h/bow nb or healcloak bashblade) Keep them fun to play? (did a great job creating a class that feels fun to play in its way. So make it balanced but dont destroy it)

Zos: Nope! Keep the ultra-small hitwindow aka cloakdodging away all time. So don't cry when we make everything else *** lol. You can still cloakdodge runaway. So what do you want ??
  • Spizzie
    Spizzie
    ✭✭✭
    This is by far the most unbalanced changed I've seen on the PTS cycle in years. 3 seconds of silence on any Mag toon is guaranteed death without any possibility for counter, and it barely affects Stam toons in any way whatsoever. Only stamblades will be adversely affected by it but they can just roll dodge until the silence ends. A stam DK is just going to block+vigor+rally, stamplar is going to vigor + stun, stamsorc is going to lol, stamwarden is going to use every heal available without any issues. Stamina characters would LOVE to be silenced rather than defiled, and yet there is absolutely zero counterplay to this mechanic as a mag class. Have you ever seen a magicka character with less than 50k health and a S&B stand in a Negate bubble for 3 seconds and survive? I have not.

The only way that silence is balanced right now is that you can sprint/roll dodge out of the AoE, which is using up precious stamina as is. Putting the silence -on- the character, regardless of positioning, for 3 seconds? There's not a magicka toon in the game that can survive that. It's insta-win without potential for response. You can't prebuff to survive, you can't roll dodge or block your way through it, and you can't heal the damage.

This genuinely makes you wonder if any of the people at ZoS even play magicka toons. Damage mitigation from Stam toons already grossly outmatches that of Mag toons, and there is no Stam equivalent to silence.

It's unbalanced in the most severe and literal understanding of the word. Absolutely guarantees decimation on a mag toon and barely affects a stam toon. I don't understand what is going on here.
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just bow to your new Daedric Princes of Tamriel. The Stamblades.
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just think about the scenarios:

1v1 or 1vX: mag player has to dodge roll 2 times to avoid damage, then gets stunned but can't break free because of lack of stamina --> dead mag player
    BGs: silencing the healer of a group during ulti dump --> pretty much assured group wipe

This proposed change just seems insane :S
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So mag chars now slot earth gore and kill the nb 3 seconds later than before? A fun idea, but perhaps a little overtuned against mag chars and a little weak against stam. I like the resource return idea though.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HankTwo wrote: »
    Just think about the scenarios:

1v1 or 1vX: mag player has to dodge roll 2 times to avoid damage, then gets stunned but can't break free because of lack of stamina --> dead mag player
    BGs: silencing the healer of a group during ulti dump --> pretty much assured group wipe

This proposed change just seems insane :S

you arent dodging fear though lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So broken!
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can comfortably say this game will be getting uninstalled if this goes live. They shouldn’t even wait until next week, that silence needs to be removed IMMEDIATELY.
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like devs started to use new incap cuz they silenced a lot of threads xd
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just bow to your new Daedric Princes of Tamriel. The Stamblades.

New?
    Why do I even try
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »
    Looks like devs started to use new incap cuz they silenced a lot of threads xd

Ayyy that's a good one.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub