Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Incapacitating Strike Silence 5.0.3

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Frudu wrote: »
    Make counterplay to nbs? (without having to waste skillslots or pots for only one class) Open up diversity in playstyles and setups for nb? (not just typical runaway 2h/bow nb or healcloak bashblade) Keep them fun to play? (did a great job creating a class that feels fun to play in its way. So make it balanced but dont destroy it)

Zos: Nope! Keep the ultra-small hitwindow aka cloakdodging away all time. So don't cry when we make everything else *** lol. You can still cloakdodge runaway. So what do you want ??

This.

Stamblades already have insanse sustain since they can rotate dodge and cloak, if you are using single target skills, the window in which you can actually land attacks on them is insanely small.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The changes to incap are the best way for zos to figure out who they should make take a step back from the dev team and work on smaller stuff. Whoever had this bright idea is not the person that will be good at balancing this game and it's even scarier that someone not only thought this up and pitched it, but then it skated right by the rest of the team to make testing. Granted, it is just testing, but some ideas aren't even worth the waste of time and work to test.

After watching what they failed to do with races, where players were so happy things were better that they lived with the lack of balance we ended up with just b/c it was better than it was; my hopes were not high. But after watching them move from racials to other abilities throughout these patches even that little bit of hope is waning.

I should have known when they said they wanted Necros to be overtuned, but not as much as they are that I should lower the hope to zero. You don't balance by saying you want something unbalanced. I shouldn't have expected anything I guess after seeing that.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler why only punishing Magicka users?

Silence should work on Stam players too, this is indeed over-performing change and should not make it to Live Server
    Options
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys. What’s going on up there? It’s concerning that this even gets past the brainstorming table onto paper. The first thing that should come to mind is what is the counter play here. For mag toons, NOTHING! I mean we’ve got aoe’s being used as spammables in pve, stam dks slotting whip passively, incap silencing enemies for 3 seconds??? It’s the most bursts class in the game and you want to give them three seconds to do it? Lmao. Like.....lost for word. A lot of these changes just aren’t needed. Magdk wings included, especially if you all think total dark is balanced. It’s not. Lotta weird stuff going on. Kinda scary.
    Options
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, if it were silence for only like 1-1.5 second range it might be okay, but 3 full seconds to be denied literally... anything except dodging and blocking is crazy. If you're not a stamina build or some really tanky magDK you just flat out die. Even a tanky build can't really do much because if you get hit with this at low health, most all of your options have been taken away for 3 full seconds.

Think how crazy it would be if any other class was given a tool to "silence" stamina abilities for 3 full seconds. This is way overtuned.
    Options
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patch 5.0.0

Death Stroke has been notorious for being a very potent Ultimate. We wanted to retain this ability's identity as a mark for death on your target, helping the Nightblade excel at assassinating high priority targets while reducing some of the over bearing nature it enables.

Patch 5.0.3

Oegaboega
    Why do I even try
    Options
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good change. It isnt fair that people can spam shields, streak spam or use heals when ive incapped them. When you get incapped you die. It makes sense lorewise.

Silence doesnt really affect stamina chars so to make incap good against stamina something should be added.... im thinking a defile or heal absorb?

It isnt fair that only magic chars to die to incap. Everyone should die to it. Again, this is how it is in the lore.
    Edited by Bosov on 7 May 2019 20:10
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

Options
  • mikegundy
    mikegundy
    ✭✭✭
    Cortimi wrote: »
    I REALLY hope this is a real thing, so I can watch all the magsorcs have a complete and total meltdown over finally being killable.

It's not just magsorcs lol. Being silenced means you cant cast any magicka cost ability, this effects every mag class. [snip]

[Edit for bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on 7 May 2019 20:16
    Gundysorc - AR50

GM of Hysteria
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FakeZavos wrote: »
    Patch 5.0.0

Death Stroke has been notorious for being a very potent Ultimate. We wanted to retain this ability's identity as a mark for death on your target, helping the Nightblade excel at assassinating high priority targets while reducing some of the over bearing nature it enables.

Patch 5.0.3

Oegaboega

Best comment so far haha
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »
    Good change. It isnt fair that people can spam shields, streak spam or use heals when ive incapped them. When you get incapped you die. It makes sense lorewise.

Silence doesnt really affect stamina chars so to make incap good against stamina something should be added.... im thinking a defile or heal absorb?

It isnt fair that only magic chars to die to incap. Everyone should die to it. Again, this is how it is in the lore.

I like this line of thinking....

Maybe add stamina silence, and put defile back on it?
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Kalixte
    Kalixte
    ✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    This can't go live.

Silence is borderline OP on an expensive ult that you can walk out of.

Either make silence affected by CC immunity or get rid of this.

No. Just get rid of this. Even without, Incap is already op af.
    PC/EU server
    Options
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments that were not appropriate for the ESO forums. This is a friendly reminder to make sure comments adhere to our forum rules. While we understand conversations can get heated, personal insults and bashing comments are not permitted. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've never been more glad to play mostly stamina chars. :*
    Options
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭

Dont even say this ironicly. ZOS will take you on
    Why do I even try
    Options
  • Papachico
    Papachico
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to smallscale with my magplar kiting a zerg getting incap burning all my stam rolldodgeing/blocking while being siliced for 3 seconds and when that is over getting the next incap from another zerling... or when im buffing up to go offensive.. but hey *** that eat an incap and stand there like you are the main char featuring in "one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it me or there is no true solid counterplay?
    Options
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just want to follow the lore. So yes, incap should kill you. All the great eso legends their stories in the lore end by the main character dying to an incap.. so why shouldnt some noob in cyrodill die to my incap?
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :

Options
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    is it me or there is no true solid counterplay?

Roll dodge.
    Options
  • The_Shadowborn
    The_Shadowborn
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    If you're delivering community feedback about this change to developers @ZOS_GinaBruno , make sure it's accompanied by hitting them in the head with their keyboards so that the message is adequately conveyed.

This
    @W_Shadowborn (PC/EU)
    - Toxic Toads
    - Noxious
    - [/s] Cyrodiil's Fist
    [/s]
    Options
  • Spizzie
    Spizzie
    ✭✭✭
    Guys. What’s going on up there? It’s concerning that this even gets past the brainstorming table onto paper. The first thing that should come to mind is what is the counter play here. For mag toons, NOTHING! I mean we’ve got aoe’s being used as spammables in pve, stam dks slotting whip passively, incap silencing enemies for 3 seconds??? It’s the most bursts class in the game and you want to give them three seconds to do it? Lmao. Like.....lost for word. A lot of these changes just aren’t needed. Magdk wings included, especially if you all think total dark is balanced. It’s not. Lotta weird stuff going on. Kinda scary.

This is almost exactly my thought process. What is the process for brainstorming at the developer table and how does this idea not get shot down immediately before it even gets written down? The arguments against it are so blatantly obvious that it's disturbing to think about how something like this even makes it into the game code. Either: 1. their process for determining what gets into the PTS and what doesn't is entirely autocratic and not democratic in any way OR 2. everyone in there has a broken brain. I'm assuming it's the former, but both are legitimately concerning.
    Options
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want me to be silent... i guess you have to incap me.
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :

Options
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Every single patch they manage to make a change that makes people ask ''Do they even play their own game?''
    QFT - this patch is final proof that devs are not playing Magicka classes anymore...
    so breaking LA, Overload, the Overload bar and many other total failures finally make sense...

Edited by BalticBlues on 7 May 2019 20:23
    Options
  • Inig0
    Inig0
    ✭✭✭✭
    LMAO i thought that was a typo. I really hope this doesnt go live.
    GM: Mechanically Challenged
    In game - @Inig0
    Sorc - Inigo- Beautiful Chocolate Man
    NB - Raphiki - Beautiful Chocolate Man
    Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
    DK - Inigø - Alfeus - Down for Maintenance
    Warden - Help I Made a Warden
    PC NA
    Youtube Stuffs
    Only the best memes die twice
    Options
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭

If you want me to be silent... i guess you have to incap me.

I dont even know anymore honeslty
    Why do I even try
    Options
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never thought I'd say this: we need Wrobel back
    Options
  • nuttytom
    nuttytom
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS will have to incap the forums soon.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All the great eso legends their stories in the lore end by the main character dying to an incap.. so why shouldnt some noob in cyrodill die to my incap?

It's true, remember that quest in Skyrim when we have to travel back in time and witness ancient heroes incapping Alduin to unlock the ability? Almost as good as when Tiber Septim incapped Zorin Arctus and then turned around and incapped the Ash King in the very next global cooldown -- no wonder he became a god!
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Add disarm which disables stamina abilities.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I just want to follow the lore. So yes, incap should kill you. All the great eso legends their stories in the lore end by the main character dying to an incap.. so why shouldnt some noob in cyrodill die to my incap?

Hear me out...

Oblivion damage incap.

DO IT ZOS I DARE YOU
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok cool. Can my templars get abilities tgat just destroys vamps and reveals anything in stealth?
    Options