Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

@ZOS How do items like this exist?

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't a big deal and, yes, some players have gotten v16 master weapons. A precise restoration staff was posted months ago.

Obviously the customer service agents just gave out stuff at the highest level because it seemed like the most logical thing to do.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only reason we can't have this be the norm is because someone in development hasn't given the okay. I doubt that there is some huge coding barrier that is getting in the way of v16 rewards. A small trivial barrier is all that is probably present between us and v16 rewards.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • krseb17_ESO
    krseb17_ESO
    ✭✭
    My guess is a bug around forming a group finder -group which scales it up to v16, then leave the dungeon and go to vetDSA and loot scaled up chests.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is a bug around forming a group finder -group which scales it up to v16, then leave the dungeon and go to vetDSA and loot scaled up chests.

Nope. I've done cross-faction DSA using a group formed via group finder. First, I wouldn't recommend it, because the people in the other faction will appear as "enemies" (though you can't attack them), so you can't heal across the faction lines, and any ground AOE that they lay down will appear red to you. Second, this will not introduce any scaling, so what you describe does not happen.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't a big deal and, yes, some players have gotten v16 master weapons. A precise restoration staff was posted months ago.

Obviously the customer service agents just gave out stuff at the highest level because it seemed like the most logical thing to do.

A V16 piece of Footman's may not be a big deal, but a V16 Master Weapon would be a bigger deal. Wpns provide an advantage in combat and a weapon that no one esle can get, that many players wish existed and were available to all, would indeed be an unfair advantage to the select few who got them.
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar
    CP160 Blazing Shield Templar

EP Loyalist
    Options
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel

Any updates on this yet? Is it being worked on? Would love to see some official input on the matter.
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Woeler wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »

Because it takes TOOOOOOOOO much time to implement aight
    Sometimes I wonder if you are even a programmer at all. Probably not.
    Full Definition of constructive

: declared such by judicial construction or interpretation <constructive fraud>

: of or relating to construction or creation

: promoting improvement or development <constructive criticism>

con·struc·tive·ly adverb
    con·struc·tive·ness noun

I wonder why you even play this game, because the only opinion you have is that the developers sit on that ass all day and that the game is ***. You're never constructive, you're never helpful. Gee I wonder why they won't listen to you.

You have to understand, the first year that I played this game I tried to be constructive...in fact not long ago I gave my suggestions to what the problem are with templars when ZOS asked about it in a specific thread..
    And you have to understand, I like trollposts.

The game got a huge bump compared to its start...and once ZOS is finished "repairing" the game they can actually start publish really good content I am sure. last ESO live they said they have like 80 different systems running at the same time..well it will take a while to fix those.

Content that is in the game is great...sadly no new content came out when they had to(still are) repair the game and 95% of Raiders and PvPers quit.
    Edited by Alcast on January 19, 2016 1:35PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

con·struc·tive·ly adverb
    con·struc·tive·ness noun

I wonder why you even play this game, because the only opinion you have is that the developers sit on that ass all day and that the game is ***. You're never constructive, you're never helpful. Gee I wonder why they won't listen to you.

You have to understand, the first year that I played this game I tried to be constructive...in fact not long ago I gave my suggestions to what the problem are with templars when ZOS asked about it in a specific thread..
    And you have to understand, I like trollposts.

The game got a huge bump compared to its start...and once ZOS is finished "repairing" the game they can actually start publish really good content I am sure. last ESO live they said they have like 80 different systems running at the same time..well it will take a while to fix those.

Content that is in the game is great...sadly no new content came out when they had to(still are) repair the game and 95% of Raiders and PvPers quit.

I see no reason to stop being constructive now.
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no answer. Way to go ZoS.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel

Any updates on this yet? Is it being worked on? Would love to see some official input on the matter.

BUMP because priorities 'n stuff

WTB green banner
    Options
  • Praeficere
    Praeficere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    (Now secretly hoping there's an accidental level cap unlock on Saviour's Hide to allow VR16 instead of just VR12)[/i]

Unrelated to the topic, but Saviour's Hide now drops up to v14! Alongside the other 2, Ebony and Wormcult.. and.. all the other.. sets... which are v14 but not v16 even though they're FROM A V16 DUNGEON.
    Though the shadow has moved not,
    A thousand miles I’ve passed –
    Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
    PC EU Progression Guild
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tinfoil hat again

Devs have stated that they will never reveal who they are in game, maybe folks should start to keep an eye out and make a list of who sells this kind of stuff :P
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

Options
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is the stuff that makes me lulz. ZoS clearly has no clue what they want to do, they just HOPE what they do is enough to keep people around long enough until they can figure something else out to string them along.
    Options
  • xellink
    xellink
    ✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »
    this is the stuff that makes me lulz. ZoS clearly has no clue what they want to do, they just HOPE what they do is enough to keep people around long enough until they can figure something else out to string them along.

They know what they want. They want to make money. They just don't know how to do it yet.
    Options
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praeficere wrote: »
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    (Now secretly hoping there's an accidental level cap unlock on Saviour's Hide to allow VR16 instead of just VR12)[/i]

Unrelated to the topic, but Saviour's Hide now drops up to v14! Alongside the other 2, Ebony and Wormcult.. and.. all the other.. sets... which are v14 but not v16 even though they're FROM A V16 DUNGEON.

Nothing new here. We were farming vr12 stuff from vr14 dungeons before the increase to vr16.
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still can't believe ZOS won't acknowledge this @ZOS_GinaBruno probably my last attempt before I realise they don't really care or don't want to tell us
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    I still can't believe ZOS won't acknowledge this @ZOS_GinaBruno probably my last attempt before I realise they don't really care or don't want to tell us

Agreed. Please at least acknowledge the issue here. This is very important to a lot of people.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, apologies for the delay in an explanation here. Was just waiting on confirming a bunch of details surrounding this.

This first began as a player who did not receive their weekly leaderboard reward. By contacting Customer Support, this player (and anyone who does not receive their reward) was able to obtain the missing reward. In this case, the item in question was created by accident as there is currently no VR16 Locket of the Footman. Since then, the item has been removed from the game. We apologize for the confusion this caused.

All that said, in Update 9 we will be adding some new VR16 gold items that you'll be able to obtain through the weekly Trial leaderboards. This includes the new Trial (which we'll talk in detail about soon!), Hel-Ra, AA, SO, and DSA.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, apologies for the delay in an explanation here. Was just waiting on confirming a bunch of details surrounding this.

This first began as a player who did not receive their weekly leaderboard reward. By contacting Customer Support, this player (and anyone who does not receive their reward) was able to obtain the missing reward. In this case, the item in question was created by accident as there is currently no VR16 Locket of the Footman. Since then, the item has been removed from the game. We apologize for the confusion this caused.

All that said, in Update 9 we will be adding some new VR16 gold items that you'll be able to obtain through the weekly Trial leaderboards. This includes the new Trial (which we'll talk in detail about soon!), Hel-Ra, AA, SO, and DSA.

Thank you Gina. Good news, indeed.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are these bound on pickup?? thanks in advance

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah thanx for getting back to us on this. Wonder if the player who bought the item got a refund?? Anyways im happy now its been removed
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno thank you for the reply : )glad to know it came from the weekly, I thought it did. Awesome news for the new trials too and weekly scaled content.
    I have a question regarding that, will it only come from the weekly or drop from the trial too? I'm just worried how near impossible it's going to be to get some of that new scaled gear
    Edited by Nifty2g on January 19, 2016 6:24PM
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno thank you for the reply : )glad to know it came from the weekly, I thought it did. Awesome news for the new trials too and weekly scaled content.
    I have a question regarding that, will it only come from the weekly or drop from the trial too? I'm just worried how near impossible it's going to be to get some of that new scaled gear

The answer is almost impossible, quoting my maths from the other thread.

Let's say you're after a precise master restoration staff which of course is BoP so you have to get it, it comes in (as far as I remember) eight traits. You can also get fire staves, ice staves, lightning staves, daggers, swords, 2H sword, bow and then the sets on top like footman ring/neck and healer ring/neck.

So the chances of you getting a resto staff are around 8.33%, then you have eight traits on top of that and you only want one, so that's a 12.5% chance.

That adds up to a 1% chance to get the item you want and this is only possible once every five weeks due to the current weekly system when the new Trial is implemented. The odds of you getting a VR16 master weapon before Dark Brotherhood in perfect trait are around 3%.
    Options
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    Sallington wrote: »
    Sallington wrote: »

con·struc·tive·ly adverb
    con·struc·tive·ness noun

There's many good reasons why a lot of people have that same opinion.

Then why play in the first place?

Because the game still has potential if they start pushing it in the right direction. That potential is fading though, and if there was anything better in the MMO market right now, a lot of us would be gone.

I get the feeling that come the first week of March, we will either see a ton of positive discussions here or massive outflux of players.

I'd have to agree.

IC wasn't what I was expecting, having WAY to much PvE, and NO PvP objectives. We still had some good fights, so it wasn't all bad.

Ors

Does this mean the old Trials will scale to V16 too, or do they stay at V12, continuing to make everything but the weekly rewards useless?
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    Options
  • Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    ✭✭✭✭

All that said, in Update 9 we will be adding some new VR16 gold items that you'll be able to obtain through the weekly Trial leaderboards. This includes the new Trial (which we'll talk in detail about SOON!), Hel-Ra, AA, SO, and DSA.

T2IhnTM.png

Options
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »

The answer is almost impossible, quoting my maths from the other thread.

Let's say you're after a precise master restoration staff which of course is BoP so you have to get it, it comes in (as far as I remember) eight traits. You can also get fire staves, ice staves, lightning staves, daggers, swords, 2H sword, bow and then the sets on top like footman ring/neck and healer ring/neck.

So the chances of you getting a resto staff are around 8.33%, then you have eight traits on top of that and you only want one, so that's a 12.5% chance.

That adds up to a 1% chance to get the item you want and this is only possible once every five weeks due to the current weekly system when the new Trial is implemented. The odds of you getting a VR16 master weapon before Dark Brotherhood in perfect trait are around 3%.

Surely you can't get a Master weapon in Training? Surely...?
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Options
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did the guy who paid 500k lose his gold too?
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    did the guy who paid 500k lose his gold too?

I expect not. He would have made enough threads to fill the whole front page if he had.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭

This is badly needed. Right now there's nothing to compete with the Willpower and Endurance sets for the jewelry slots, and it's made gear customization very stale. Doesn't help that there is so much BoP equipment out there too, and not enough variation in which slots different sets cover.
    Options
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are there any plans to change the way positions are counted?
    Right now, assuming people or chars change slightly between raid-days, this leaves room for 5-6 guilds across all three factions for 12-man trials. Right now, this is fine, because very few players care about no-meaningful-loot trials. However, after such a change, this will be very different.

In the extreme case, the very best group (with 8 chars each) could occupy almost the entire leader board alone. From my experience, it requires quite some work and coordination to beat new content / squeeze oput the last bit for the old stuff. Moving gear and achieving near-perfect dps/tank/heal performance for a single player is quite easy in comparison.

Either way, I think the 12-man leader boards are incredibly hard to enter. Especially in comparison to the solo leader boards that are split across classes. Trying for the no-death achievement, I once died early on and decided to do the following: watch a football match for 2x 45min and just tap e to rezz every other min (without even switching my screen to show the pc. I still ended up in the weekly with 90 wasted minutes). On the other hand, assuming really good stuff drops from weeklies in an unchanged system, I don't think I'd have a chance to get into a 12-man weekly.

Room for 100 groups is a lot, maybe too much. But if it's for 100 players, it really should be players/accounts - not chars.
    100 chars across 3 factions is very competitive. Competition is fine, but somehow all the other things are so readily available - e.g. useless pvp rewards - if they were useful, top rewards for the top 2% (this scales with the umber of competitors, if trial rewards are really good, i'd expect the top 100 are there for far less than the top 2% of players). 400 slots for the solo trials - why 4 times as much? And zero progression after AR24, 501Cp, and so on. So I guess what I want to say is that the top 100 for trial boards is not really in line with other competitive parts of the game.
    Edited by Kas on January 21, 2016 11:24AM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
    Options