Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

@ZOS How do items like this exist?

• Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chest has gone but there are Greaves of the Footman selling for 20k (exploration trait) I took a screenshot. Will upload it, gimme a sec... :blush:
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    is that ****?! Lmao *gets bbq sauce* it's time to grill

I know the seller quite well @Nifty2g, he's a friend of mine and will try to get the details (grill) him when I get back from work. Or hopefully Gina will shed some light on the topic before hand. I'm curious myself.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    12471324_943386369085768_4454959242257551254_o.jpg
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    12471324_943386369085768_4454959242257551254_o.jpg

@Cazzy those are VR13 and should exist. VR14 also should exist. This thread is discussing VR15 and VR16 versions of this item that shouldn't exist yet
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oooooh well in which case, I don't recall :/ I think the chest was VR16 but don't want to put money on it!
    Options
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for getting confused :smile: I'll keep my eyes open though.
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Nifty, if you remember a little while ago when rewards weren't being given out a few people put in support tickets and received VR16 rewards. I believe the same happened for people who didn't loot the chest at the end of the run or had an item restored etc.

This means a few very lucky people got some VR16 items that shouldn't exist yet which is quite frustrating, but I believe that's how it happened.
    I do but I also sent a ticket in but I recieved a gold healer ring that was vr14, there are also several other gold healer rings floating around and footman stuff. But these are meant to be legendary from the weekly, not purple... something is going on

Developers handing stuff out they shouldn't be ZOS, wheres mine :(

Yep, when I received my rewards from CS and had an item restored mine too was only VR14.

It seems to be a few one-time mistakes from some CS staff that have yet to be rectified. Either way it shouldn't happen.
    The way I see it, if it's there and it clearly is there, why isn't it in the game? I'd love VR16 Master Weapons and VR16 Footman/Healer stuff

I agree. I think the system of allowing scaled VR16 rewards to drop from leaderboards is great but in my opinion it isn't enough. If they can drop from weekly rewards then why don't they drop from just doing the Trials themselves? Creating artificial scarcity and a chance at only one item per month is just unreal. If you only have one character (and perfect luck I might add) the odds of getting a full VR16 Healer/Footman set is astronomical before Dark Brotherhood is released as vDSA is weekly once a month and there will be around three months (max) between TG and DB, how is that not seen as an issue?

This will just lead to people (like me, I will say) putting 4-8 characters of their own in the weekly and hoping beyond hope but even then it's a bad system. They just need to drop from the Trials themselves.

They are doing it this way because the quest giver for the weekly rewards is going to be placed in the thieves guild DLC. It's a very crafty way of re-monetizing already available content for the new DLC. If you run DSA without the DLC you get v14 gear, but if you buy the DLC and run DSA, then you can get engame gear? See what they are doing?
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on January 15, 2016 7:58PM
    Options
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty, if you remember a little while ago when rewards weren't being given out a few people put in support tickets and received VR16 rewards. I believe the same happened for people who didn't loot the chest at the end of the run or had an item restored etc.

This means a few very lucky people got some VR16 items that shouldn't exist yet which is quite frustrating, but I believe that's how it happened.
    I do but I also sent a ticket in but I recieved a gold healer ring that was vr14, there are also several other gold healer rings floating around and footman stuff. But these are meant to be legendary from the weekly, not purple... something is going on

Developers handing stuff out they shouldn't be ZOS, wheres mine :(

Yep, when I received my rewards from CS and had an item restored mine too was only VR14.

It seems to be a few one-time mistakes from some CS staff that have yet to be rectified. Either way it shouldn't happen.
    The way I see it, if it's there and it clearly is there, why isn't it in the game? I'd love VR16 Master Weapons and VR16 Footman/Healer stuff

I agree. I think the system of allowing scaled VR16 rewards to drop from leaderboards is great but in my opinion it isn't enough. If they can drop from weekly rewards then why don't they drop from just doing the Trials themselves? Creating artificial scarcity and a chance at only one item per month is just unreal. If you only have one character (and perfect luck I might add) the odds of getting a full VR16 Healer/Footman set is astronomical before Dark Brotherhood is released as vDSA is weekly once a month and there will be around three months (max) between TG and DB, how is that not seen as an issue?

This will just lead to people (like me, I will say) putting 4-8 characters of their own in the weekly and hoping beyond hope but even then it's a bad system. They just need to drop from the Trials themselves.

They are doing it this way because the quest giver for the weekly rewards is going to be placed in the thieves guild DLC. It's a very crafty way of re-monetizing already available content for the new DLC. If you run DSA without the DLC you get v14 gear, but if you buy the DLC and run DSA, then you can get engame gear? See what they are doing?

Yuppers, it's quite obvious. But I think they are giving us what we asked for, yeah? I have yet to see someone who supports having vr16 version of footman and healer that has a problem with it still being vr14 when they run it. I personally will run vDSA because I enjoy it. When it comes to getting gear and optimizing my toon, I couldn't care less if it came out of a vr14 trial, so long as it's vr16 when I wear it.
    Edited by Autolycus on January 15, 2016 8:19PM
    Options
  • M_TeK_9
    M_TeK_9
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a video clip of this item to actually believe it. Videos are much harder to fabricate
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbl post
    Edited by Cuyler on January 15, 2016 8:40PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a video clip of this item to actually believe it. Videos are much harder to fabricate
    Don't have a video but it got sold so I can't get one
    What do I gain by making a fake post anyway?
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waiting for v16 gear........ all i do is pvp.. i wanna spend my ap on gear to sell for gold. I could care less about undaunted.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're going to see a fake post, it's not going to be by @Nifty2g .

This is confirmed elsewhere too. My friends have been texting me all day about how ridiculous it is. It seems there may be some legendary versions circulating as well, but I'd sooner call that bluff than say Nifty is making it up (especially with a screenshot attached).
    Edited by Autolycus on January 15, 2016 8:55PM
    Options
  • M_TeK_9
    M_TeK_9
    ✭✭✭

Nothing. But take a look around. These forums are littered with that type of immaturity. . It's 2016 there are presets that could manipulate a screenshot into reading VR 16 in 5 minutes.

And you can record yourself navigating to the guilds history and viewing the sale can you not? IF it indeed sold for 500k I'll believe it because no neck piece even gold would sell for that at VR 14
    Edited by M_TeK_9 on January 15, 2016 8:49PM
    Options
  • M_TeK_9
    M_TeK_9
    ✭✭✭

Nothing. But take a look around. These forums are littered with that type of immaturity. It's 2016 there are presets that could manipulate a screenshot into reading VR 16 in 5 minutes.

And you can record yourself navigating to the guilds history and viewing the sale can you not? IF it indeed sold for 500k I'll believe it because no neck piece even gold would sell for that at VR 14

Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing. But take a look around. These forums are littered with that type of immaturity. . It's 2016 there are presets that could manipulate a screenshot into reading VR 16 in 5 minutes.

That is the best guild in NA, I can't get it in it's history anymore. I haven't checked to see if it did sell just yet though I'll check a bit later
    So to include the guilds name and make a fake post would not be a wide decision ;)
    Don't need to believe it if you don't want to
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • M_TeK_9
    M_TeK_9
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just the type of guy who needs empirical evidence with things bro don't take it the wrong way. I'm moreso interested because I had to speak with the rep who I was working with at the time about my VDSA reward as my in-game ticket was ignored. I received a VR 14 ring. I'm wondering if there is a difference between method of ticket submission and if it matters/relates to this situation.
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    This needs an urgent response from ZOS. Only last week i was about to spend my pennies on Gold V14 Footmans and now this appears??? This is bad ZOS, only certain players getting them because of your messup with Leaderboards so you send this new gear to them?? Which makes it a major messup
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
    Options
  • Drungly
    Drungly
    ✭✭✭
    This needs an urgent response from ZOS. Only last week i was about to spend my pennies on Gold V14 Footmans and now this appears??? This is bad ZOS, only certain players getting them because of your messup with Leaderboards so you send this new gear to them?? Which makes it a major messup

While they're at it; they should investigate those weird trumpet sounds being reported from around the world as well. That needs an urgent response as well.
    Edited by Drungly on January 15, 2016 9:14PM
    Options
  • Ruben
    Ruben
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The next patch might give us VR16 items in the weekly rewards.
    DK Stamina DPS
    DK Magicka DPS
    DK Tank
    Templar Healer
    Sorcerer Stamina DPS
    Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Nightblade Stamina DPS
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't believe it myself when someone mentioned it in guild chat, so I hopped on over to that guild trader and saw it for myself. Anyway, as people have mentioned, this is probably just a goof where ZOS customer support sent an incorrect item to someone.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Blow ur own trumpet
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
    Options
  • M_TeK_9
    M_TeK_9
    ✭✭✭
    Drungly wrote: »

While they're at it; they should investigate those weird trumpet sounds being reported from around the world as well. That needs an urgent response as well.

LOL. What?
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Thats not the point that there bringing in the new rewards next DLC. Its the fact that these players are making pure gold by selling items NOW
    Options
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This'll have to do. Took it earlier when I checked for the sale.

sHKRMea.jpg

Note that it's the only one on MM as well.
    Edited by Xendyn on January 15, 2016 9:28PM
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wtb green post
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is where reputation is a factor. Certain forum posters I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them, and I would suspect that anything coming from them may be faked. Others I trust to be honest and upfront about things, and I wouldn't believe that they would ever fake something unless I was presented with absolute proof that it was fake. Most fall somewhere in the middle.

As far as @Nifty2g goes, I trust that he wouldn't fake something like this. I'd need to see absolute proof that he faked it in order to doubt him.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i mean i could post the full image to show theres nothing in the chat?
    j6acFUv.jpg
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i mean i could post the full image to show theres nothing in the chat?
    j6acFUv.jpg

But @Nifty2g .... you could have forged that screenshot. It's 2016 mang!

J/k of course. I've been chasing your leaderboard spots for long enough to know you're not full of it. I think it's great you brought this to the forums, because, unlike so many other posts, it's a legitimate issue. I've done what I can to escalate it and bring it to the attention of the devs. It's disappointing to see something like this happen, but I'm not going to ignore the possibility that it was an honest mistake. What matters is that it's fixed. We don't need people profiting off of items that don't exist yet.
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Thats what i said also Auto
    Options