Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

@ZOS How do items like this exist?

• NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who bought it?
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
    Options
  • Slayyer-AUS
    Slayyer-AUS
    ✭✭✭
    I know exactly where this drops. I have 2 of them now.
    World first level 50 horse
    Options
  • artin
    artin
    Soul Shriven
    Slayyer-Aus is who I had gotten it from
    Options
  • Function
    Function
    ✭✭✭
    Heres a video for those who were calling him a liar.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tCttoMQHJcU

Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll edit that into the op once I get on my pc a bit later
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno could we please get an answer?
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno could we please get an answer?

no ETA lol
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did everyone miss the part where they are going to re-monetize existing content by requiring new DLC to run the weeklys and get endgame gear?

That is the real story here.
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Come on @ZOS_GinaBruno this is more important right now than most other stuff on the forums
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did everyone miss the part where they are going to re-monetize existing content by requiring new DLC to run the weeklys and get endgame gear?

That is the real story here.

That's already been addressed here. The item in question hasn't been introduced yet, and is being issued by CS to players who aren't getting their weekly leaderboard loot. They are profiting from items that don't exist yet.
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    They still havent answered on this which is really worrying. Or maybe they hope we forget which we wont ZOS. Come and admit that yous messed up big time
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They still havent answered on this which is really worrying. Or maybe they hope we forget which we wont ZOS. Come and admit that yous messed up big time
    *still haven't answered*
    *thread was started yesterday*
    *it's the weekend*

Seriously? If they've been reading this thread (which they may or may not have - there are a lot of threads on the forums, and I'm sure pretty much everyone with ZOS in their name gets tagged in posts so many times a day that they can't keep up with reading all of them while still doing their day jobs), they're not going to tell us anything in here before they know more details about where those items came from. Or if they do it would just be "we're looking into this" which never seems to satisfy some people. The odds of them actually having already tracked down why someone got that item are extremely slim.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    So you dont think that having the best V16 jewerly leaked into the game is a major concern? Its replys like yours that make them think oh its no big deal. Im sorry but a few hours is long enough to get a reply from them unless of course you think its ok for them to do this sort of thing???
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea of them having no clue how that item ended up ingame. :lol:
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Forgive me for my lack of knowledge on this, but can someone explain why exactly this item shouldn't be in the game? Is it severely OP? Or is it something we were told we will get in the future but not right now?
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    Forgive me for my lack of knowledge on this, but can someone explain why exactly this item shouldn't be in the game? Is it severely OP? Or is it something we were told we will get in the future but not right now?

Footman is a set item from DSA, a V14 content. Therefore gear should be V14 (and V13). People have been asking for the scaling of those items (healer, footman, masters) because they are reall nice sets. However, ZoS said they didnt do it because too much work and whatever else. Now a piece pops up at V16 and everyone wonders.
    Edited by Wollust on January 16, 2016 6:29PM
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    Xendyn wrote: »
    I just checked, I'm in that guild.
    Yes it existed and it was sold 2 hours ago for 500k

@ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel

I'm sure I'm not the only who thinks this is a priority issue. Players are profiting off of gear that isn't supposed to exist right now... and for prices that I'm sure many will agree are way over the reasonable threshold for the gear. If it was a perfect legendary vr16 ring it might go for that much, but not a purple one, and especially not a necklace.

Oh, I'm sure ZOS will be right on top of it, like they were in previous cases:

- AFAIK they never removed items gained through duplication exploits and/or gold made selling them, which were rampant in the first few months after launch;
    - they didn't prevent a completely out in the open item/gold duplication on console launch (players getting items/gold on loan before the cut-off date, having their accounts copied to console, then returning items/gold on PC while keeping them on console);
    - they don't punish exploits/cheats, both in PvE and in PvP, nearly enough, or at least they don't do it visibly (people were running multiple mundus bonuses without wearing Twice Born Star for months, were and still are flipping keeps or taking scrolls using exploits to get in keeps, and so on).

ZOS' track record shows that their attitude towards these issues is to (1) hush them and hope not too many people learn about them, (2) get around to fixing them eventually, or not, in any case only after months of abuse, and (3) not clearly and publicly setting any rules regarding possible sanctions for using these exploits, nor acting against any players abusing them.
    Options
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    Glaiceana wrote: »

Footman is a set item from DSA, a V14 content. Therefore gear should be V14 (and V13). People have been asking for the scaling of those items (healer, footman, masters) because they are reall nice sets. However, ZoS said they didnt do it because too much work and whatever else. Now a piece pops up at V16 and everyone wonders.
    Ah now I understand! Thank you for explaining!

(Now secretly hoping there's an accidental level cap unlock on Saviour's Hide to allow VR16 instead of just VR12)

But seriously though, this is quite interesting, I wonder how it happened. Perhaps they decided they will scale these items after all and this is an accidental leak?
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    The items are coming as V16 but only after certain players have sold theres for lots of gold and shouldnt have had them in the first place... Totally agree Wollust with your comment
    Edited by sickboy2808 on January 16, 2016 7:17PM
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't think we will get a reply :p oh well
    time to let it go a let it die, zos really have to stop ignoring issues like this
    Edited by Nifty2g on January 17, 2016 11:50AM
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    time to let it go a let it die, zos really have to stop ignoring issues like this

But that's what they want, and do. They will ignore it and ignore it, til we get fed up of reporting/complaining, i.e they don't give a flying ***.
    Edited by Shader_Shibes on January 17, 2016 12:06PM
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Lets not stop complaining then, we keep fighting for a reply ha
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you dont think that having the best V16 jewerly leaked into the game is a major concern? Its replys like yours that make them think oh its no big deal.
    Ah, I see that instead of reading my post you read a completely different post that you invented in your head. That's literally the only way you could come up with this reply. Next time, please try to follow the actual conversation that's going on instead of just making *** up and pretending that other people said something that might remotely resemble it.
    Im sorry but a few hours is long enough to get a reply from them unless of course you think its ok for them to do this sort of thing???
    I'm going to take this as absolute proof that you've never worked a job that required anything more complicated than getting a customer their burger combo. If you had, you would know how completely out of touch with reality your statement is.

I'll give you a hint: any time there's something that you need to investigate in order to answer you need to, well, investigate. In this case here's what they would need to do.
    1. Determine where those items currently exist in-game (this would require a query of the database - shouldn't be difficult, but the majority of ZOS staff wouldn't have the ability to do such a query, so it requires time from one of a relatively small number of people, who likely have a lot of requests for their time).
    2. Track the path those items have taken to get there (ie. it's in character A's inventory, but was transferred there through the bank from character B, who got it in a guild store purchase from guild X, where it was listed for sale by character C, who got it in a mail from CS agent Y). Depending on what tools they have available to do this type of investigation, this could require a lot of tedious manual work, or it might be pretty straightforward.
    3. Figure out what the circumstances were for each case where the item was initially introduced into the game. This would require, at a minimum, going through the history of tickets and communication with the customer who first received the item. Most likely it would also require talking to the specific agent who was responsible for determining that the customer would get the item, and also whoever actually inserted the item into the game at the agent's request (assuming those aren't the same person). That's how you determine if it was an accident that it was scaled to VR16, or if it was intentional on the part of the ZOS staff involved based on the circumstances.
    4. Decide if anything should be done about the items that are now in the game. This requires bringing the findings of the above steps to the right people to make this decision, discussing it and coming to a consensus on what should be done. As the implications of any action or lack of action could be big (for example, if they decide that it's OK for people to start receiving these items now, does that mean that they should go back to people who have been receiving VR14 versions recently and replace those VR14 versions with VR16 versions?) this isn't a quick or simple discussion.
    You may notice that most of those steps rely on the availability of certain specific staff. If any one of them is unavailable for whatever reason (busy on something that's a higher priority, has a day off, whatever) it delays the entire investigation. Even if all of the right people are available at the right time, the odds of an investigation like this being complete in only a couple of hours are slim at best.

But hey, I guess living in your world where everyone has a magic wand that can do this stuff for them instantly is easier than having to deal with reality.

The reality is that the only possible answer ZOS could have given us in this thread by now is "We're looking into this."
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    The reality is that the only possible answer ZOS could have given us in this thread by now is "We're looking into this."

And it's a darn shame they still haven't bothered to do even that much. The fact is that ZOS has an appalling track record when it comes to preventing cheats/abuse and community engagement/communication. I gave a few examples above. I'd say making use of unintended gear that is available by mistake is something that shouldn't take this long to "look into", let alone fix.
    Options
  • xellink
    xellink
    ✭✭✭

just let them have saturday and sunday off. Everyone deserves that.
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xellink wrote: »

There's been like 6 or 8 green posts since I made this
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised we haven't at least received a "Thanks-We're aware-Investigating now" response.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
    Options
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised we haven't at least received a "Thanks-We're aware-Investigating now" response.

You are probably the only one that is ^^
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    I may have misread ur comment i was and still surprised that we havent had a reaponse thats all.
    Options
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    But please dont think that you know me or my occupation with your insulting comment
    Options