The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Rioht
    Rioht
    ✭✭✭
    Questions for today's AuA:

- Is there a any plans to offer PvP players any better gear rreward in the future? Currently if I want to PvP, I need to get my entire setup by doing PvE.
    - I love the battle scaling of new content the through the group finder. Is there any plans to impliment this worldwide in ESO, Allowing us to play our alliance zones after reaching VR?
    Options
  • Winchester1306
    Winchester1306
    ✭✭✭
    Questions for today's Ask us Anything segment:

- Where is Jessica Folsom? I haven't seen her in a while.
    - Where are we standing on Spellcrafting?
    - Which will come first, Thieves' Guild or Dark Brotherood? And, can you elaborate a bit more on what these DLC's will encompass: will there be zones? If not, what else will there be to make it a fully-content packed DLC?

Thank you!
    Options
  • Geemarc
    Geemarc
    ✭✭✭
    When are you going to add trophies, fragments and motifs to the "other" tab on the guild traders?

This seems like a very simple change and would save people so much time.
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    When are planning to add the wolf seen in the screenshot to the Crown Store and maybe to the main game?
    Orsinium-Exploring-Wrothgar.jpg
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    Ghrimn of Elder Wood says: While I was walking through Stonefalls the other day, I came across this strange creature. At first I thought I was being attacked by a cliff racer since it was making such a ruckus, but when I turned to look it wasn't one of those flying little monsters from the depths of oblivion itself I saw. It was a magnificent red feathered bird with a reptile head. I was fascinated... I had never seen anything like it! Luckily I managed to draw a picture of it before it flew off which I'll be attaching to this letter. I tried to find information about the bird in many libraries, but there wasn't a single book that mentioned this magnificent creature. And so I write this letter, in hope that you'll be able to identify this unknown bird.
    Options
  • Chr15_v101
    Chr15_v101
    Soul Shriven
    Are you planning to sort recipes by level? Far too many low level recipes to scoll through to get to the ones you want.

Are you going to add an apply to guild button on the guild trader menus? Considering how much of a ball ache it is to remember a players name in the listings and send them a message asking to join. Weather they can invite you or not.

Will you add more meaningfull chat bubble emotes? 'Follow me' hand gestures are useless, 'can you help me a minute' when you need a hand with a world boss and theres not many people around. 'Wait' 'go' 'wait for patrol' 'incoming' there are tons of usefull ones that are not available. Not everyone likes voice chat all the time.

Notebooks. Just to note down things for later use/things to remember, Recipe ingredients/mats, places etc

Options
  • Hiker
    Hiker
    ✭✭
    Are you planning on fixing the Group Finder?
    I am about to give up on the game as it is so frustrating.
    Thanks
    Options
  • Greath
    Greath
    The number of mats needed to craft vr16 gear is ridiculous. Any chance you can lower the amount needed?
    Options
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why magika dk's in pvp suck?
    Signature

Options
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple of questions:

1. Do toggled skills like Magelight make you visibly detectable in stealth? My icon shows I'm hidden, but people in my guild swear that other alliance players can track Magelighted players.

2. Actually this is a request: I would like deconning V16 pieces to give me more than one mat. 10 mats per piece seems fair, considering the price of crafted V16 pieces, but at a bare minimum we should be getting 3-5 mats per decon. Please?
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope you comment on the Magicka DK in this ESO live. The DK hate is getting real.
    Edited by Armitas on October 23, 2015 8:07PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Legedric wrote: »
    Q2: Why do you (Eric Wrobel) change many things without thinking about consequences in PvP much? (like hidden rezz nerf for example)
    Olivierko wrote: »
    Q1: Any news regarding any type of instanced PvP such as XvX, XvXvX etc
    - there hasn't been a response on this topic for a while and the threads are growing!

Q2: Any plans on jewelry crafting yet? The only way to obtain "legendary" jewelry is through PvE content currently.
    - it would be nice to be able to upgrade the quality of jewelry just like any other armor type, and perhaps add legendary jewelry rewards to the PvP campaign rewards

People really would benefit from actually seeing what others have asked considering the post right above yours links to my list of questions which includes asking about Jewelry Crafting...
    Armitas wrote: »
    I really hope you comment on the Magicka DK in this ESO live. The DK hate is getting real.

Sounds like a personal problem.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on October 23, 2015 9:22PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Personally that is the only class I play. So yes it is a problem, as has been demonstrated in length on the forums. Very insightful.
    Edited by Armitas on October 23, 2015 10:33PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Personally that is the only class I play. So yes it is a problem, as has been demonstrated in length on the forums. Very insightful.

And yet I have no gripes with my DK and he isn't even that high level yet.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brownbeer wrote: »
    Thanks

Edit:
    -Removing lvl restrictions
    -group buffs
    -exp bonuses
    -1/day loot bag
    -cross faction grouping
    -travel to dungeon pop-up

These are mentioned on 10/23 ESO live.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on October 24, 2015 4:02AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks

Their ideas of fix are different from the majority of the feedback I've read
    I can say as of now and going forward a complete redesign is needed but I've not seen interest from ZOS to do anything more than adding cross faction queueing with limitations.

I shall clarify more or less on what Eric Wrobel said in the ESO Live session earlier today:

1. Anyone using Group Finder to make a Dungeon Party will get buffs to strengthen their group.
    2. Level limitations are going to be removed.
    3. Cross-Faction Grouping will become possible.
    4. People using Group Finder to group up for a Dungeon will get an option to jump straight to said Dungeon once it's go time.
    5. Groups will retain the following roles: 2 DPS, 1 Tank, and 1 Healer. Queue times will vary depending on your role.

Overall it sounds like Group Finder will eventually kick off pretty well. Certain features may take longer than others but this is their goal.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on October 24, 2015 3:43AM
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sazodeha wrote: »
    Question:

Why do you refuse to centralize the player traders market? Currently if I want to buy something from another player I have to spend hours traveling trader to trader to trader to trader! Its HORRIBLE!!!

I agree, I have to travel.

This is a fantasy setting. Global markets and internet ordering would be better in a futuristic game.

In other questions:

Why were softcaps removed? Lag, racial passive troubles and lots of other ... not fun ... seem to have gotten worse since then and none of the "fixes" are working.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh ok, then it must be fine, cause you have no gripes with it yet. Thanks for clearing that up, wow, you're incredible.
    Edited by Armitas on October 24, 2015 11:45AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any plans to add ingame customer support as currently you just have the option to ask for support via email, carrying on a conversation via email every couple days isn't really very good, week long interaction with customer support via email could be over in couple of mins via ingame chat.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • Aerieth
    Aerieth
    ✭✭✭
    Aerieth wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The Nightblade's ultimate Soul Siphon (Soul Shred morph) doesn't heal the caster, unlike other healing abilities. Is this intended? If so, why?

This still wasn't answered in the last ESO Live. We Nightblades have been asking this since the beginning. Could we perhaps, maybe get a response?
    @Aerieth - PC EU Megaserver
    Ilatria Shadowcore - Lv 50 Nord Vampire Nightblade - Tank / Stam DPS - Daggerfall Covenant
    Maiine Shadowcore - Lv 50 Breton Vampire Nightblade - Magicka DPS - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerieth Shadowcore - Lv 50 Imperial Vampire Nightblade - Healer - Daggerfall Covenant
    From patch notes long forgotten:
    "Fixed an issue if you had a summoned pet, it could potentially be grabbed by an invisible Molag-Bal and get stuck in a floating posture."
    "Dogs can no longer teleport while chasing cats (much to the disappointment of the dogs)."
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks

I can say as of now and going forward a complete redesign is needed but I've not seen interest from ZOS to do anything more than adding cross faction queueing with limitations.

I shall clarify more or less on what Eric Wrobel said in the ESO Live session earlier today:

1. Anyone using Group Finder to make a Dungeon Party will get buffs to strengthen their group.
    4. People using Group Finder to group up for a Dungeon will get an option to jump straight to said Dungeon once it's go time.
    5. Groups will retain the following roles: 2 DPS, 1 Tank, and 1 Healer. Queue times will vary depending on your role.

Overall it sounds like Group Finder will eventually kick off pretty well. Certain features may take longer than others but this is their goal.

I was not paying close attention to all of the different features and when they are coming out, but I do want to warn that not all improvements to LFG are in Orsinium. Some of them are in DLC that will follow Orsinium. I am not sure if any of the items in the above list are in that latter category, but if a feature interests someone, they might want to check to make sure.
    Edited by Elsonso on October 24, 2015 5:12PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks

I was not paying close attention to all of the different features and when they are coming out, but I do want to warn that not all improvements to LFG are in Orsinium. Some of them are in DLC that will follow Orsinium. I am not sure if any of the items in the above list are in that latter category, but if a feature interests someone, they might want to check to make sure.

Yes you are correct.
    According to PTS and ESO Live
    -*level restrictions removed (so anyone can group with anyone assuming the character meets the dungeon requirements)
    -cross faction grouping via the grouping tool only
    -prompt to travel to the dungeon selected in the queue once formed
    -*group buffs battle leveling

I put asterisks on those that I've not experienced on PTS
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on October 24, 2015 9:57PM
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh ok, then it must be fine, cause you have no gripes with it yet. Thanks for clearing that up, wow, you're incredible.

Your welcome :)
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The Nightblade's ultimate Soul Siphon (Soul Shred morph) doesn't heal the caster, unlike other healing abilities. Is this intended? If so, why?

This still wasn't answered in the last ESO Live. We Nightblades have been asking this since the beginning. Could we perhaps, maybe get a response?

I honestly think it's justified. The heal is strong and the synergy is there. Who would run Templar if Soul Siphon did heal the user?
    Zaldan wrote: »
    Any plans to add ingame customer support as currently you just have the option to ask for support via email, carrying on a conversation via email every couple days isn't really very good, week long interaction with customer support via email could be over in couple of mins via ingame chat.

And do you know how flooded said chat would be? No, E-mail is definitely more effective since the flood in the chat could cause some people's requests to be missed.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on October 25, 2015 5:07AM
    Options
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And do you know how flooded said chat would be? No, E-mail is definitely more effective since the flood in the chat could cause some people's requests to be missed.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on 25 October 2015 05:07

You misunderstand me, request help same way as now but customer support can reply to you ingame via /wisper instead of an email conversation that can take days. At no point would people be using zone chat and replies ingame only if support think it's something they can help with there and then or it gets the usual treatment.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    For the silver and gold quests. Only.

Considering VR levels are going away and assuming Orsinium and all other future dlc will continue as scaled content and the grouping tools updates announced on ESO live.

I want to know if the dev team would consider adjusting the silver zone and the gold zone so that once completed on any same faction character, it allows the other characters of that same faction to have the option to skip the silver zone and or gold zones like the beginning of the game allows.

Thoughts behind this:
    In essence you guys get to pick how it works but here is my example.

My first char is DC and completes the main story, all of AD (silver) not just the Cadwell part but the actual zones. Once I get the achievement which requires that I do all the faction skills quests, I'd like to have the option of skipping this faction in my next alt. Skipping means I'd be provided the quest skill points earned in this zone and opens up access to move around the zone freely but I'd still be required to go in and do bosses, delves, find wayshrines, Sky shards and even explore to open up my map.

The same would apply for gold zones.

This would not apply if I roll a character that doesn't start in DC, so if I start an AD character, they would need to complete as it is today at least once.

I'm not even suggesting that exp be given for this as it complicates CP and such but just the skills and option to have complete access and not be forced to do the zones again.

Skip just opens up access to the entire zone and gives skill points so that like the champion system, I unlock skills.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on October 25, 2015 1:26PM
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on 25 October 2015 05:07

You misunderstand me, request help same way as now but customer support can reply to you ingame via /wisper instead of an email conversation that can take days. At no point would people be using zone chat and replies ingame only if support think it's something they can help with there and then or it gets the usual treatment.

Well the way I saw it was you were suggesting a dedicated chat of some sort on the help site or something that people could use as opposed to current methods. However, your suggestion as you imply it would only influence PC players because I'm quite certain they aren't going to console party chat ya up lol
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on October 25, 2015 3:58PM
    Options
  • Mcac21
    Mcac21
    I was wondering about the mounts if there is no way to make a next patch or update where you can travel with your mount through water and won't get dismounted. Like in the skyrim game, it's really annoying when you think it's a shallow puddle but then you get dismounted cause it's deep water. Hero and mount traveling through deep waters... (not the deep water where slaughterfish comes to eat you) B)
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mcac21 wrote: »
    I was wondering about the mounts if there is no way to make a next patch or update where you can travel with your mount through water and won't get dismounted. Like in the skyrim game, it's really annoying when you think it's a shallow puddle but then you get dismounted cause it's deep water. Hero and mount traveling through deep waters... (not the deep water where slaughterfish comes to eat you) B)

I agree @Mcac21, Horses should swim... along with do all sorts of other things!

Ideas below!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/159507/advanced-mounts-overhaul-concept/p1
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/165659/tangible-mounts-advanced-concept/p1
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mcac21 wrote: »

Which is why I build up speed and leap across lol
    Options
  • RenhardtESO
    RenhardtESO
    ✭✭✭
    So question with what Eric Robel said about the grouping tool now forming groups where it will always put a tank, healer and 2 dps into a group. I am a healer but I also have DPS checked as my job just in case there is another healer and they feel better healing than DPSing. Will that make it harder for me to find a group if I have both selected now and should I just select the role I want to fill each time I queue?
    Options
This discussion has been closed.