Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ghrimn wrote: »
    @UltimaJoe777
    Well...
    1. The climate has no influence whatsoever on a Dragon's use of the Thu'um.
    2. The Ayleid word for star is 'Varla', so maybe Mister Beredalmo got confused and mistakenly though Var meant Star instead of Mouth. Your answer does make sense, though.
    3. That answer also makes sense. Maybe the Bretons rebuilt the city in another location.
    4. Except it's not... THIS is a Cliff Racer. (The Horror! :scream:)
    Your answers regarding 2 & 4 actually made some sense, and helped me come up with an excuse until I have an official answer (if I'll ever have one). So, much appreciated!

Of course climate has no influence on Thu'um lol but the fact that Skyrim is a cold climate area means that Frost Breath is not questionable. If a Dragonknight were truly using the Thu'um then perhaps they could use it as well, but I do not believe they are. Also all things considered Dragons are not known to use Lightning Breath either, but there are Lightning-based Thu'um that are known.

As for your response to #4, I do actually recall seeing those things fly around Stonefalls lol if you meant something different though perhaps a screenshot would help?

Beyond that, your welcome lol

P.S. When can we kill birds like we could in TESV: Skyrim? I wanna shoot down some birds D:
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on October 28, 2015 4:00AM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    You're right, DragonKnights don't use the Thu'um. However, they still claim they can use it, since they say they use "Real Dragon Magic". I guess, even though they are called DragonKnights and their ancestors fought against Dragons, DragonKnights have absolutly zero knowledge about Dragons, which is kinda sad.

Oh, there was a screenshot. Maybe you didn't see the link. It was the word "picture".
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You're right, DragonKnights don't use the Thu'um. However, they still claim they can use it, since they say they use "Real Dragon Magic". I guess, even though they are called DragonKnights and their ancestors fought against Dragons, DragonKnights have absolutly zero knowledge about Dragons, which is kinda sad.

Oh, there was a screenshot. Maybe you didn't see the link. It was the word "picture".

You are correct, I did miss it lol and I believe I have seen those around as well... They look like Reptilian Vultures to me. There doesn't seem to be anything on them though so perhaps they are just some form of Vulture, possibly from Black Marsh?
  • Mcac21
    Mcac21
    Sorry people, how long does it take for the maintenance to finish in general? Depending on the type of maintenance they're doing.

Sorry for the :s question
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mcac21 wrote: »
    Sorry people, how long does it take for the maintenance to finish in general? Depending on the type of maintenance they're doing.

Forgiven. I'll just take post #3500 to compensate :p

Honestly though just stay tuned on the rest of the forums. Maintenance talk is always happening while it's [IN PROGRESS].
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on October 28, 2015 9:45AM
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    @UltimaJoe777
    As far as I know, they're only found in Stonefalls, so I doubt they're from Black Marsh. Not every reptilian creature has to come from the land of reptilian creatures.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @UltimaJoe777
    As far as I know, they're only found in Stonefalls, so I doubt they're from Black Marsh. Not every reptilian creature has to come from the land of reptilian creatures.

Well sure they nest there but what's to say some mad scientist wasn't experimenting with Argonians and Vultures? Black Marsh would be a choice place to grab some... test subjects :p
  • Mcac21
    Mcac21
    Mcac21 wrote: »

Forgiven. I'll just take post #3500 to compensate :p

Honestly though just stay tuned on the rest of the forums. Maintenance talk is always happening while it's [IN PROGRESS].

Yeah well they could've given a "general" end time....
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    @UltimaJoe777
    Can't argue with that...

Edited by Ghrimn on October 28, 2015 10:20AM
  • Mcac21
    Mcac21
    Come on MAINTENANCE!!! Got the serious case of ESO. I am E S O positive.... :p:p:p
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello! Thanks for all your hard work, and hold onto your hats because I have a few questions for you to choose from:

1) Do mushrooms and other fungi count as plants under the Green Pact?
    2) How long is the average lifespan for each of the races of Nirn? (I saw the one last week which said that Khajiit reaching about 75 are considered elders :D)

-- answered by @Ghrimm

3) Any chance playable spears are going to be added to the game? I've seen a few static models lying around, particularly on ships, but actual, playable spears would be awesome. Perhaps one-handed to pair with shields?
    4) How about crossbows?
    5) Will the staves we occasionally see NPC enemies use (necromancy, illusion, et cetera) ever be playable, and if so will they have their own skill lines, or will they come under the umbrella term "destruction staff"?
    6) That One Quest in the Dominion questline has an actual pirate ship battle, and is probably one of my favourite quests in the entire game. Will there be other ship battles in future quests, or at least a chance to revisit the high seas for the sake of screencaps?
    7) Will there be other transgender characters in the game? (Representation is great. Snaehild is great and I love her.)
    8) I've noticed there are some little islands in some zones (if not all; I'm not that observant), usually walled off with at least one door, but are otherwise inaccessible. What are they for, or what will they be for?
    9) Cloaks???
    10) How much attention do you pay to addons, and how much inspiration do you get from their features? (I know you generally discourage their use, but I am so lost without a minimap. Literally.)

I... think that's enough for now ^^;

Thank you, and have fun!
    Edited by captainwolfos on October 28, 2015 1:00PM
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is my concern about cloaks and other long coat like dressings outfits for my chars. I play almost *ALL* Khjaiit and Argonain (3 of each out of 8 char slots). Cloaks just cause my tail clip so very very very bad. I do not like to star at my tail clipping my armor nor I want to look at other player's tail (Khajiit / Argonain) clipping their armor either.

I LOVE my min UI in ESO and I want to keep it that way -- ZOS please don't lose your vision because of silly player's requests.

Here is my beef with the mini-map as part of the UI:

1) That will take away from the min UI and one can not see the world as much because one is staring at UI, not the world around them.

2) Mini-maps take around from exploring the world. Basicly, they are telling the player where to go. Who is driving the char? The player or the UI?
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    @captainwolfos
    1. "Its rules are clear. Do not harm the forest. Do not eat anything made from plant life. Eat only meat. When you conquer your enemies, eat their flesh. Do not leave them to rot. Do not kill wastefully. Do not take on the shape of beasts. You are Wood Elves. Your form is sacred."
    2. "Elves live two to three times as long as humans and the “beast-races” (Orcs, Khajiiti, Argonians). A 200-year-old Elf is old; a 300-year-old Elf is very, very old indeed. Anyone older than that has prolonged his or her lifespan through powerful magic."
  • DragonStalker1892
    After logging on following THE downtime, i noticed my new character is short 2 levels. Was 11 before the Big "M". After he was 9. Can this be fixed? I am on XB1.
    Edited by DragonStalker1892 on October 28, 2015 12:51PM
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    @captainwolfos
    1. "Its rules are clear. Do not harm the forest. Do not eat anything made from plant life. Eat only meat. When you conquer your enemies, eat their flesh. Do not leave them to rot. Do not kill wastefully. Do not take on the shape of beasts. You are Wood Elves. Your form is sacred."
    2. "Elves live two to three times as long as humans and the “beast-races” (Orcs, Khajiiti, Argonians). A 200-year-old Elf is old; a 300-year-old Elf is very, very old indeed. Anyone older than that has prolonged his or her lifespan through powerful magic."

Aha, I must've missed those tidbits of information -- thank you!
    Enemy of Boob Plates
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... I finally finished reading all the transcriptions of the questions/answers in the topic and I have a question:

"Can you provide a final and definite position about the rare fishes and creature trophies collected, if they're REALLY material to be sold/destroyed? If their associated achievements are REALLY to be "trusted", especially as future content assurance?

For example, if one have caught every rare fish (and thus earned the Master Angler title) the simple fact he/she has all individual achievements conquered would be enough to, perhaps, if Players' Houses, if someday in the far future comes out, all of them be safely displayed somewhere, regardless if the player have them in his/her backpack or in the bank.

The same for all the trophies related to creatures."

This would be a GREAT safety for those like me, who praise the game with the eyes of a completionist and are struggling with bank/inventory space
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    How is my concern about cloaks and other long coat like dressings outfits for my chars. I play almost *ALL* Khjaiit and Argonain (3 of each out of 8 char slots). Cloaks just cause my tail clip so very very very bad. I do not like to star at my tail clipping my armor nor I want to look at other player's tail (Khajiit / Argonain) clipping their armor either.

I LOVE my min UI in ESO and I want to keep it that way -- ZOS please don't lose your vision because of silly player's requests.

1) That will take away from the min UI and one can not see the world as much because one is staring at UI, not the world around them.

2) Mini-maps take around from exploring the world. Basicly, they are telling the player where to go. Who is driving the char? The player or the UI?

Valid points, but I'd prefer a choice. I have absolutely no sense of direction (or distance) so a minimap is vital for me, or else I'm spending more time pulling my map up every ten paces than doing virtually anything else. I get lost in my home town, never mind in a big open world.

Still, there's addons for that, so it's moot either way :P

As for the cloaks, the simple solution would be to disable the tail slot while wearing one, but I don't mind tail clipping when playing Skyrim, for example; I just imagine there's a hole there for that purpose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ To me, it's no less immersive than trying to figure out how a hole in any armour for a tail, or even having no armour on the tail, is at all practical :P

I sincerely doubt they'd have cloaks at all, honestly, considering they'd probably need to incorporate an entirely new armour (or possibly costume) slot for it, or use it in place of the guild tabard/costume. Still, one can dream.
    Enemy of Boob Plates
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Valid points, but I'd prefer a choice. I have absolutely no sense of direction (or distance) so a minimap is vital for me, or else I'm spending more time pulling my map up every ten paces than doing virtually anything else. I get lost in my home town, never mind in a big open world.

Still, there's addons for that, so it's moot either way :P

As for the cloaks, the simple solution would be to disable the tail slot while wearing one, but I don't mind tail clipping when playing Skyrim, for example; I just imagine there's a hole there for that purpose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ To me, it's no less immersive than trying to figure out how a hole in any armour for a tail, or even having no armour on the tail, is at all practical :P

I sincerely doubt they'd have cloaks at all, honestly, considering they'd probably need to incorporate an entirely new armour (or possibly costume) slot for it, or use it in place of the guild tabard/costume. Still, one can dream.

captainwolfos says, "simple solution would be to disable the tail slot while wearing one"

This one loves her tail! Don't lob off her tail! ~*HIsses at you!*~

This Khajiit will be VERY ... VERY mad if this one can't even see her tail because of a stupid cloak!
  • AL16
    AL16
    ✭✭✭
    when is this maintanence ending
    Joined 2015, didn't play a lot and quit. Returned recently
    Stamblade main, trying out other builds atm.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Mcac21
    Mcac21
    Thanks!! @lordrichter
  • iRogue32
    iRogue32
    ✭✭✭
    Are we ever going to be able to change our character's name?
    Epic Synergy (rip)
    Order of Mundus (rip)
    Crown Store Heroes (rip)
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I echo the barbershop idea. Being able to change hair styles would be nice.

Also, my main character seems to have finished with equipment writs. I hadn't known there was a limit to how many writs a character would be permitted to do. Can the cap be lifted? I like doing writs and getting enlightenment points and boxes of reward items.
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some 8 man dungeons would be nice any chance of some
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Also, my main character seems to have finished with equipment writs. I hadn't known there was a limit to how many writs a character would be permitted to do. Can the cap be lifted? I like doing writs and getting enlightenment points and boxes of reward items.

Oh for heaven's sakes...

Okay, do the crafting writs in the main game.

Then go to the repeatable quests in cyrodiil

Then go do the repeatable/writs in IC

Then fire up another character and do the same.

[snip]
    [edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 31, 2024 6:45PM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to ask if we will ever be able to log back into the game or if I should just go install Destiny now?
    Dreddnawt - Orsimer Aedric Crusader
    Alexstrasza Drogon - Imperial Infernal Dragon
    Daggerfall Covenant

TESO / PC / NA Server
  • KewaG
    KewaG
    ✭✭✭
    Are you ever going to add the headless horseman into the game?
    Nerf RNG! Nerf BoP! Buff Everything else!
    She won't leave me because I'm too ugly to kiss goodbye...
    *@KewaG - Steam and ESO. Write ESO Steam player in my comments if you want to be Steam friends.
    * PC/NA Megasever
    * Ebonheart Pact - Mostly
    * ESO is my first MMO
    * I like group dungeons
    * I Haven't played much PvP
    * Main: Golam Ralas
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hello! Thanks for all your hard work, and hold onto your hats because I have a few questions for you to choose from:

1) Do mushrooms and other fungi count as plants under the Green Pact?
    2) How long is the average lifespan for each of the races of Nirn? (I saw the one last week which said that Khajiit reaching about 75 are considered elders :D)

-- answered by @Ghrimm

3) Any chance playable spears are going to be added to the game? I've seen a few static models lying around, particularly on ships, but actual, playable spears would be awesome. Perhaps one-handed to pair with shields?
    4) How about crossbows?
    5) Will the staves we occasionally see NPC enemies use (necromancy, illusion, et cetera) ever be playable, and if so will they have their own skill lines, or will they come under the umbrella term "destruction staff"?
    6) That One Quest in the Dominion questline has an actual pirate ship battle, and is probably one of my favourite quests in the entire game. Will there be other ship battles in future quests, or at least a chance to revisit the high seas for the sake of screencaps?
    7) Will there be other transgender characters in the game? (Representation is great. Snaehild is great and I love her.)
    8) I've noticed there are some little islands in some zones (if not all; I'm not that observant), usually walled off with at least one door, but are otherwise inaccessible. What are they for, or what will they be for?
    9) Cloaks???
    10) How much attention do you pay to addons, and how much inspiration do you get from their features? (I know you generally discourage their use, but I am so lost without a minimap. Literally.)

I... think that's enough for now ^^;

Thank you, and have fun!

3.This has been asked and addressed already. Unfortunately I do not remember what was said lol so feel free to peruse through the Ask Us Anything segments of past ESO Live streams here for your answer: http://twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/profile/past_broadcasts

4. We have that already. The first skill in the Fighter's Guild Skill Line utilizes a crossbow the exact way it was used in TESV: Skyrim! More or less lol

6. That quest actually bugged me, literally! I fell through the floor and got stuck in the water beneath the ship, then fell through the water, landed on a platform below, and died. Glad you enjoyed it though lol

8. Examples?

9. Sorry, no cloaks.

10. Zenimax actually allows the use of add-ons for PC players, otherwise they would not even be discussed on these forums lol and there is some UI content related to them coming to consoles. Only time will tell just how much of them though.

There will more than likely be an Option to enable or disable UI content in case some players do not want the immersion broken by it.
    Well... I finally finished reading all the transcriptions of the questions/answers in the topic and I have a question:

"Can you provide a final and definite position about the rare fishes and creature trophies collected, if they're REALLY material to be sold/destroyed? If their associated achievements are REALLY to be "trusted", especially as future content assurance?

For example, if one have caught every rare fish (and thus earned the Master Angler title) the simple fact he/she has all individual achievements conquered would be enough to, perhaps, if Players' Houses, if someday in the far future comes out, all of them be safely displayed somewhere, regardless if the player have them in his/her backpack or in the bank.

The same for all the trophies related to creatures."

This would be a GREAT safety for those like me, who praise the game with the eyes of a completionist and are struggling with bank/inventory space

Gina said in a Live stream that the concept of decorating Player Houses with Trophies and Collectibles and the like is very likely so no doubt players will be able to put fish up in their houses in some form or fashion.

The limit is one writ per day per craft per character, which amounts to a grand total of up to 48 writs a day per account (for console at least, don't know how PC account character slots work or whatnot lol). You may do a writ again at midnight EDT. If you are for some reason unable then it is likely an issue to take up with customer support.
    Mush55 wrote: »
    Some 8 man dungeons would be nice any chance of some

I believe trials allow up to 12 people, based on what I've heard from others.
    KewaG wrote: »
    Are you ever going to add the headless horseman into the game?

If I'm not mistaken, that was an easter egg feature in TESV: Skyrim. A valid question though so we shall see if Zenimax addresses it lol
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on October 28, 2015 8:03PM
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    -- answered by @Ghrimm
    If I had a Septim for every time my name was misspelled, I'd have enough Septims to sit back and ask myself: "What in Oblivion is a Septim?"

Edited by Ghrimn on October 28, 2015 9:11PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    -- answered by @Ghrimm
    If I had a Septim for every time my name was misspel... Wait, what in Oblivion is a Septim?

Don't look at me all I did was quote lol
This discussion has been closed.