The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Why does Stamina Sorc still not have a stamina attack??

• FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    So the Stamina Sorc has Thundering Presence now as a stamina morph. I still have zero Sorc abilities that I have to use regularly. Thundering Presence has a 20s duration and is a fire and forget deal AND not to mention stamina Sorc were already using Boundless Storm for the speed buff and PVP stam sorcs may still use Boundless over Thundering for the speed buff.

Come on ZOS, change Crystal Blast to some kind of stamina morph where we actually have to use our Sorc abilities more than every 20-30 seconds.

I'm happy with the changes. I didn't use thundering presence anyway.

Nobody is going to use thundering presence in its current form. Just tested the damage and its completely irrelevant. No stam sorc will use it for damage because its about half of what caltrops does.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    So the Stamina Sorc has Thundering Presence now as a stamina morph. I still have zero Sorc abilities that I have to use regularly. Thundering Presence has a 20s duration and is a fire and forget deal AND not to mention stamina Sorc were already using Boundless Storm for the speed buff and PVP stam sorcs may still use Boundless over Thundering for the speed buff.

Come on ZOS, change Crystal Blast to some kind of stamina morph where we actually have to use our Sorc abilities more than every 20-30 seconds.

Nobody is going to use thundering presence in its current form. Just tested the damage and its completely irrelevant. No stam sorc will use it for damage because its about half of what caltrops does.

Wow, lol, is it that bad?
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So yea thundering presence doesnt even have the speed boost that youd naturally want on a stamina played that cant use blink nearly as much as a magicka sorc.

Theyve really taken the weakest class setup and beat it down in this patch.

This is absolutely awful.

And it doesnt even do that much damage. 510 a second for me with a template character, which just barely makes it worth using from a DPS point of view over just another Wrecking Blow.

Yep - just tested with a flat no buff on my build.

Caltrops doing 1.2k, thundering doing 700

Other morph

Caltrops doing 1.2k, boundless doing 350

This is with no food or anything so my magicka is completely unbuffed. My equipment is full dps here though, which is more than Id normally run on a stam sorc.

So you can do a couple hundred extra damage on the occasions you just happen to be adjacent to someone youre fighting, or you can have major expedition.

Will try to say it as nicely as possible but this is an absolute joke/slap in the face. Nobody is even trying with stam sorc @ZOS.

Tune in to for the next month to enjoy how fun a stam sorc can be to play. Its all going away pretty soon it looks like.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thundering Presence is garbage.
    Let me be clear.
    I am on PTS right now.
    It does not give Major Expedition. What Stamina Sorc worth a damn is going to use this morph in PvP?
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I was being glib. I don 't play as a stamina sorc because I read the description when I made the class and nothing indicated to me that it should be played as a stamina build....
    :trollin:
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So yea thundering presence doesnt even have the speed boost that youd naturally want on a stamina played that cant use blink nearly as much as a magicka sorc.

And it doesnt even do that much damage. 510 a second for me with a template character, which just barely makes it worth using from a DPS point of view over just another Wrecking Blow.

Other morph

This is with no food or anything so my magicka is completely unbuffed. My equipment is full dps here though, which is more than Id normally run on a stam sorc.

So you can do a couple hundred extra damage on the occasions you just happen to be adjacent to someone youre fighting, or you can have major expedition.

Will try to say it as nicely as possible but this is an absolute joke/slap in the face. Nobody is even trying with stam sorc @ZOS.

Tune in to for the next month to enjoy how fun a stam sorc can be to play. Its all going away pretty soon it looks like.

There are three other classes that stamina builds work great for. Leave the sorc alone.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xael wrote: »
    Let me be clear.
    I am on PTS right now.
    It does not give Major Expedition. What Stamina Sorc worth a damn is going to use this morph in PvP?

This whole thread is hilarious.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xael wrote: »
    Let me be clear.
    I am on PTS right now.

This whole thread is hilarious.

It's like buying a car and then complaining that it doesn't float like a boat.
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    And I was hoping they might change it into something similar to what the lighting melee mobs have- the conal lightning attack would be pretty nice on Sorc- A short speed boost followed by a hard hitting conal attack ~2 seconds later.
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Other morph

There are three other classes that stamina builds work great for. Leave the sorc alone.

Stam sorc actually works fine in its current state. Most cant make it work because it is not easy to play.

This patch is just tearing it to pieces and the only 'buffs' put in place are actually worse options than sticking to the magicka counterparts.

• CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Other morph

And this is eso, your point?
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why are you spamming this topic? Quoting your own posts, huh?

There are four classes and all of them were 100% magicka at the beginning. Asking for one class to still be 100% magicka is asinine while the other three classes can do either/or.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Other morph

Stam sorc actually works fine in its current state. Most cant make it work because it is not easy to play.

This patch is just tearing it to pieces and the only 'buffs' put in place are actually worse options than sticking to the magicka counterparts.

Wow Fengrush. I really respect you for managing to answer to such posts with such composure. I am sure if I tried to answer his two previous posts I would get a forum infraction for the simple fact that these posts are not trolling which makes it even worse......
    Edited by kkampaseb17_ESO on July 28, 2015 9:06PM
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Other morph

Wow Fengrush. I really respect you for managing to answer to such posts with such composure. I am sure if I tried to answer his two previous posts I would get a forum infraction for the simple fact that these posts are not trolling which makes it even worse......
    I'm sick of people making a sorcerer and then complaining that it's only good with magic. Yet I'm the one accused of trolling. Too funny.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Other morph

I thought this over and do want to bring it up again. @ZOS_GinaBruno, if this is the combat teams response to stamina sorcerers (even after the 1.6 pts feedback) could the team say how they plan on working with this? If its the damage morph?
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Other morph

I'm sick of people making a sorcerer and then complaining that it's only good with magic. Yet I'm the one accused of trolling. Too funny.

Youre the one insisting its only good with magicka. The reality is theyve designed the game to allow all classes to be played in any hybrid fashion. When ZOS clearly has stated they intend to make changes for stam sorc then only put changes in that negatively impact it - theres a right to complain. Unfortunately the crowd of stam sorcs is very small.

Your arguments hold no water.
  • kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Other morph

Get. Out. Of. This. Thread......Now. This is a discussion on stamina sorcs. Unless you have something useful to contribute.
    Edited by kkampaseb17_ESO on July 28, 2015 9:17PM
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Other morph

Youre the one insisting its only good with magicka. The reality is theyve designed the game to allow all classes to be played in any hybrid fashion. When ZOS clearly has stated they intend to make changes for stam sorc then only put changes in that negatively impact it - theres a right to complain. Unfortunately the crowd of stam sorcs is very small.

If it's viable, then it's your argument that holds no water.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Other morph

Get. Out. Of. This. Thread......Now. This is a discussion on stamina sorcs. Unless you have something useful to contribute.

Don't. Break. My. Class. I have a vested interest in making sure that dumb ideas don't break the class I love.
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on July 28, 2015 9:25PM
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Other morph

Don't. Break. My. Class. I have a vested interest in making sure that dumb ideas don't break the class I love.

Its not your class and its not my class. It is a class in eso and in this game any class can play any role, and if not then it is by a design flaw and will be fixed. Here, take a look at this:
    Hey guys, thanks for your patience. We do have a status to share regarding Sorcerers as they currently stand.

First, there is one outstanding issue with Crystal Fragments not proccing when you cast Bolt Escape; we are aiming to fix this by time Update 6 is live. While we aren’t planning to implement any additional changes before Update 6 goes live, we will be keeping a very close eye on how Sorcerers – and all classes – perform in a Live environment, and will make tweaks as necessary. With Update 6 just around the corner, we don’t want to make any drastic changes that could affect gameplay in a negative way.

That said, we do have plans to make the Sorcerer more effective as a stamina DPS, tank, and healer. The first change we already made towards that direction is allowing the Clannfear to heal the caster based on their maximum health when the Clannfear is killed or dismissed. In a future update, we will be looking at giving the Sorcerer unique ways to fulfill the healer role, or deal damage with stamina-based abilities. Some specific issues we will also be evaluating are the number of toggled abilities on the class, Surge healing cooldown, and tweaks to make Dark Exchange more useful.

Please continue to report any issues you may come across, and thank you for all your support and feedback!

Source: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1583272/#Comment_1583272
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Other morph

If it's viable, then it's your argument that holds no water.

My argument, that proposed changes that are negatively impacting one of the weakest class setups, is a bad thing holds no water?

If youre here to argue on behalf on magicka sorcs theres nothing to really worry about. Magicka sorcs are fairly easy to play and in a fine place - theres no impending nerfs really lined up for it either. This is the wrong thread for you. FENGRUSH paved the way for magicka sorcs through beta and release.

Its time to plow a path for stam sorcs. If you are relevant/have input on the issue of stam sorcs, feel free to contribute. Theres not much of a reason to associate buffs for stam sorc as a nerf for magicka sorc anyway.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is my plan.

Do not care about the rate of scaling on the damage on the zaps, or the duration -- only benefit of the skill is that Stamina Sorcerer gets a class Speed buff.
    Will not be changing morphs for this.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, maybe they didn´t check the feedback we sent them ingame, or they are lacking ideas? Here are some:

1. One morph for Bolt Escape is a stamina based charge. Using the skill again within 20 seconds teleports back.

2. The Clanbann now scales off stamina. He´s an off-tank/ healing battery anyway.

3. Bound armaments, additional to the 8% more max stamina, now has a 50% chance to summon a bound bow, and a 50% chance to summon a bound twohanded weapon. If you get the wrong weapon, alas, magic is chaotic, you have to re-toggle the skill. The bound weapon fully benefits from the passives of its real-world weapon skill line, and every light or heavy attack has a 5% chance to summon a dremora lord for 10 seconds.
    If the lighting ultimate is toggled at the same time, its light attacks are replaced by the storm charged bound bow attack, or its heavy attack replaced by the storm charged twohanded attack.The other attack stays the same.

5 Encase gets a morph that costs stamina.
    Edited by Thraben on July 28, 2015 10:21PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭

well there is no spammable ability for stam DK either? a stam dot sure but thats why we use wep skills..
    ~House Indoril~
    Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

• FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

well there is no spammable ability for stam DK either? a stam dot sure but thats why we use wep skills..

Thats why many DKs have asked for a stam whip. Cant blame them.
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    We do still have plans to make stamina-based Sorcerer builds more competitive. That said, it’s going to take some time to make comprehensive changes that are balanced, fully tested (both internally and on the PTS), and also include appropriate visual effects. We’re currently keeping an eye on data since Update 6 was published, and have some ideas on what we’d like to pursue. What would you all like to see to make stamina Sorcs a more viable build to use?

Quote from Gina around February in one of my many stamina sorc topics. It is ridiculous to go back to my post history and see all the suggestions and topics i have created and participated in talking about Stamina Sorc and not one single freaking time was it brought up by anyone to change a morph of Lightning Form. @ZOS_GinaBruno I'm not sure if you remember me from last round on PTS where you were the one reaching out to all of the players with Stam Sorc concerns, but Eric Wrobel does not have a grasp of what this class needs or wants. Please headbutt him with much gusto and inform him of what the people actually want.

- Sorc passives that actually help stamina users
    - Active Sorc gameplay in a stamina build. Using a buff every 20 seconds is not fun. I feel like I am playing a class neutral weapon spec. There needs to be some kind of damaging stamina attack that is used in proper rotations.

It isn't much to ask and we've been asking for it for months on end. PVP stam sorcs will still use Boundless Storm over Thundering Presence by the way!

Completely Agree!

I'm all for one of the attack spells be stamina based. But to make a defense spell, particularly my fav magic based defense spell stamina based pisses me off to no end.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Tell Eric to make to turn Thunderous Presence back to magic based like it was and make one of our distance spells stamina based. All the Stamina based guys you wanted to have a spell for will still chose the Boundless Storm morph. All you've done is ruin a good magic spell when you could have made great stamina spells that actually will see some use!

Stamina Mages Wrath or Stamina Crystal Blast. That will get used a lot more.

Undo Stamina Thundering Presence!

Also, the game still needs shield dyes. Thank you.
    Edited by Djeriko on July 29, 2015 4:10AM
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And I'd be fine with a spammable stamina DoT for sorc, too.
    Aside from this Thundering Presence joke.

On topic, it seems this is what they want us to use:

JF5lcs9.png

Which makes me wonder why Surge doesn't make you deal shock damage. Would be a perfect synergy with the Disintegrate passive ...
    Edited by Faulgor on July 29, 2015 4:08AM
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I read the patch notes section for sorcs and it immediately made me /facepalm. I guess some sorcs are happy about the magicka penalty not being so steep anymore, but as far as the promised stam changes, I can't think of anyone in their right mind who'd take TP over BS. Maybe a super tanky sorc? but the thing is there's no benefit and the increased 5 secs is paltry. I really don't think they gave sorcs any thought when writing these changes and didn't listen to a lick of theorycrafting tossed around. And for *** sake will they just remove the bleeping cd on surge alltogether? saying 'reduced to 100 milliseconds from 250 milliseconds' doesn't sound any less ***.
    I wonder if they should make a 'bound weapon' spell that gives double weapon dmg for a limited amount of attacks, but I think bound armaments covers that. I have yet to dabble in pts myself yet, but the numbers are just laughable compared to similar skills from other classes.
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    Got my hands on PTS this morning. Thundering presence is indeed underwhelming. Liquid lightning with 0 points put in spell power or magicka does almost double the dps vs 3500 weapon power and 30k stamina thundering presence. Something very wrong there.

I tried combining thundering presence with blade cloak so I could keep expedition up. Felt off somehow. Stood in a pack of jackals at crag and it took almost the entire 20 seconds to kill them with thundering and cloak running. Current options encourage a heavy/light attack build with no passive or abilities to synergize with it outside of bound armaments.

Vigor + dark exchange are pretty decent together. Not sure if it is comparable to shield stacking. Crit / CC immunity/ dot immunity alone from shields is hard to give up. The instant "heal" a shield provides is also weird not having anymore. I'd give it a few days to readjust.

Best change wasn't even documented in rune cage becoming instant cast. A lot of things can happen now that there is no cast time for that skill.
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the live, they said that the stamina morph was going to get some kind of passive "to keep enemies in range".

Where is this gone ?