The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Everything you feared about stones is true... from their live broadcast...

• DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avenias wrote: »
    "The only way to leave the imperial city is through the door you just came in." Going to be hilarious watching people camping entry and exit points killing everyone who does not have the teleport stone.

I guess that's where I find the people with most stones then.

Countergank incoming.
  • DaveTheMinion
    DaveTheMinion
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot believe that this company would give a thumbs up to something that is going to cause so much grief and eventually cause players to leave.
    EU PS4 Megaserver
    VR16 Sorc - Daggerfall - Magic Build
    VR16 Nightblade - Daggerfall - Stamina Build

PS4 Guild: Illuminati Gaming for the over 30's is not a myth.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot believe that this company would give a thumbs up to something that is going to cause so much grief and eventually cause players to leave.

Don't go there. No grief.
  • rordogg
    rordogg
    ✭✭✭
    MCMancub wrote: »
    I will never understand this community.
    1. Community complains the game is too easy and there's no punishment for dying.
    2. ZOS implements Tel Var stones.
    3. Community gets upset because there is now punishment for dying...in PvP.

*throws arms in the air and storms off*

THIS!!!! Really though. I finally get an update that brings a thrill and risk to PvP and everyone goes batshit over it. Go PvE then this is the first real update PvPers have had in a long time and it's what we want. No need for PvE care bears to ruin this. You will be getting plenty of content in the future. They've already nerfed the *** out of the PvE in this game to practically not be a challenge, I miss when everything was a little less forgiving...
    Edited by rordogg on July 19, 2015 12:21PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

These forums and the whiners inside it are causing me much more grief than any potential system that could ever be added in game.

Solution must be remove forums.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

These forums and the whiners inside it are causing me much more grief than any potential system that could ever be added in game.

Agree
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It is a cool thing that the forums are not something that people have to pay or have to decide if they want to pay for it then?
    Edited by PBpsy on July 19, 2015 12:55PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing how the Skyrim players try to ruin the only new, meaningful PvP content we will probably ever see.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »

It is a cool thing that the forums are not something that people have to pay or have to decide if they want to pay for it then?

Yes, it is (though I suppose that only brings in more griefers)

Are you saying they should release Imperial City for free, because some people don't like risk/reward style PvP?

I'm curious if same logic will be applied by PvPers, once they release a PvE centric DLC.
    Edited by DDuke on July 19, 2015 1:02PM
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    It's amazing how the Skyrim players try to ruin the only new, meaningful PvP content we will probably ever see.

Maybe now you know how PVE players feel when PVP players ruin every content whining and crying about skills being supposedly OP, getting everything nerfed and "balanced" and exploiting game so ZOS have to put in counter measurements into game that backfire at every single player.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe now you know how PVE players feel when PVP players ruin every content whining and crying about skills being supposedly OP, getting everything nerfed and "balanced" and exploiting game so ZOS have to put in counter measurements into game that backfire at every single player.
    Because PvE players don't ask for skill changes and PvE players don't exploit.

Right.
  • God-eater
    God-eater
    ✭✭

You never played Skyrim? You should - it was really good.
    "M'aiq is glad he has a compass. Makes it easy to find things. Much better than wandering around like a fool." - some cat I met on the road
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    God-eater wrote: »

Compared to previous classics such as TES 3 Morrowind, that still had some depth & complexity to them?

Nah...
  • gwillard_ESO
    gwillard_ESO
    ✭✭
    Has ZOS indicated yet what specifically Tel Var stones buy?
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be fair I think they categorically said that Tel Var stones would never be in the Crown store so maybe I just won't get any from the game and wait until they are in the crown store :)

P.S. I wish people would stop claiming all PvPers want this... I don't.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I played Skyrim. Or better said, I spent 70 hours killing Draugr and it was boring and bland. Every other main Elder Scrolls game was better.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I played Skyrim. Or better said, I spent 70 hours killing Draugr and it was boring and bland. Every other main Elder Scrolls game was better.

As the graphics got better the depth lessened - probably a general truism of gaming history... Oblivion had more to it than Skyrim, Morrowind more than Bliv and Daggerfall while incredibly dated looking now had more variety and depth than any of them.
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair I think they categorically said that Tel Var stones would never be in the Crown store so maybe I just won't get any from the game and wait until they are in the crown store :)

P.S. I wish people would stop claiming all PvPers want this... I don't.

This is true and should be emphasized.

Not every PvPer wants risk/reward gameplay, but that goes both ways: not every PvPer wants more zerg zerg gameplay with meaningless kills and deaths.

And this is exactly why the system is a good thing: people wanting something different from PvP will finally get it, while people who enjoy zerging keeps & risk free PvP can keep doing that (hopefully they improve this gameplay though).

In the coming updates, I hope they diversify the other aspects of the game as well, add in the third style of PvP in form of competitive Arenas/BGs and add in traditional raids to PvE, perhaps even 24-man ones (maximum grp size).

That way everyone can enjoy what they enjoy doing, and people who enjoy multiple things won't get bored of doing the same thing over & over again (as they finally have other options).
  • Mysfit
    Mysfit
    ✭✭
    I love how so many people can form such a strong opinion about something they have NEVER tried before...It's time to grow up people.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

As the graphics got better the depth lessened - probably a general truism of gaming history... Oblivion had more to it than Skyrim, Morrowind more than Bliv and Daggerfall while incredibly dated looking now had more variety and depth than any of them.
    What really struck me was the difference in quest quality. Oblivion might have been silly in a lot of ways, but it had some really, really nicely done quests. Skyrim was just endlessly bland in that regard. And Morrowind, well. It's *** Morrowind.

And oh Daggerfall... You lost your crown of most buggy Elder Scrolls game ever to ESO. Arena was so-so, it reminded me too much of Ultima Underworld, my love.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on July 19, 2015 1:59PM
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    I've seen this mentioned a few times in various threads now, so i'll clarify some here. Imperial City is meant for the PVP player - it's their turn for some love. If you love PVE and are clamoring for more of that type of content, the Orsinium DLC will be exactly what you want.
    Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen this mentioned a few times in various threads now, so i'll clarify some here. Imperial City is meant for the PVP player - it's their turn for some love. If you love PVE and are clamoring for more of that type of content, the Orsinium DLC will be exactly what you want.

You heard it here folks. Is this where we say /thread?
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_RichLambert - I don't think we had any doubt it was mainly aimed at the PvP players, I am a PvP player so most of this whole thing sounds great... also looking forward to the next PvE release in the hope there is some fun solo content to balance the group stuff in Craglorn.

Having to satisfy base campaign conditions to enter... great!
    Having new PvP areas to explore and learn... great!
    Having daedra and NPCs interspersed... great! (and a bone for PvE too)
    Having lots of new sets (as long as you are not gating PvE focused sets behind PvP content)... great!
    New dungeons... great!

But as a PvP player I have severe doubts about this one single mechanic - that being hit by a single kill removes everything you may have done since entering the zone and rewards someone for scoring one single kill when they may have not one single thing I can loot when I turn the tables on them.
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SKYRIM%20-%20QUEST%20MARKER%20STICKER.jpg

Quoted again with special quest marker for the Skyrim players.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SKYRIM%20-%20QUEST%20MARKER%20STICKER.jpg

Quoted again with special quest marker for the Skyrim players.

And deserving of a "LOL"

GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    But as a PvP player I have severe doubts about this one single mechanic - that being hit by a single kill removes everything you may have done since entering the zone and rewards someone for scoring one single kill when they may have not one single thing I can loot when I turn the tables on them.

Like @ZOS_BrianWheeler mentioned yesterday on ESO Live - we'll be watching PTS closely, tracking the data and feedback. We'll test out a couple of different loss percentages and see what strikes the right balance.
    Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO players can take it, the fact is, we need to deal with all kind of stuff. You put a siege weapon, someone kills you right there. You're riding to battle, two guys jump on you, and kill you before you have chance to do anything. Zerging is also one thing, sometimes you just face enemy zerg you simply cant win and you just have to do your best. Or dont you just love when someone pours hot oil and kills 5 guys right there. So that said, ESO players are used to little hard time, griefing etc.
    Edited by Sausage on July 19, 2015 2:24PM
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then why increase the level cap to 16 and put all the new stuff in behind the pvp zone?

By doing that the DLC is no longer just a pvp expansion but an expansion to the entire game that everyone who want to stay competitive HAVE to take part in, while it has been designed by be griefers paradise.
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭

Like @ZOS_BrianWheeler mentioned yesterday on ESO Live - we'll be watching PTS closely, tracking the data and feedback. We'll test out a couple of different loss percentages and see what strikes the right balance.

Can you sPeak real quick if PvErs will be able to obtain equivalent gear outside of IC? I think this is one of the major concerns at the moment.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_RichLambert That sounds like a very positive approach and not what I had gathered (but I was watching while PvPing so...) - hopefully a middle ground that keeps both ends of the scale content will be found.
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum