The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial City Info Released

• lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    really looking forward to this hopefully the zergs wont run the place and it will be 4 man groups as seen in the vid. want to know how healers are gonna get varla stones though if its mosly 4 v 4 trading them is viable.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    So a question for either @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_BrianWheeler - does the paywall mean that ownership of specific keeps in Cyrodiil to gain access is no longer on the agenda?

On PTS we will be testing access the following access rules and deciding if certain campaigns have different Access rules or be universal across all Campaigns:
    • Everyone has Access
    • Access granted by owning your native 6 keeps
    • Access granted by owning your native 6 keeps + 1 enemy keep
    • Access granted by owning the majority of keeps

For clarification, "Access" means the doors in Cyrodiil around Lake Rumare (non slaughterfish side) that let you into the Sewers/City will let you click on them to go into the Sewers/City or not. These entrances will also be highlighted on your Cyrodiil map.
    Thanks for the clarification. Still undecided on that then it seems.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maotti_Nor wrote: »
    Xeniph wrote: »
    Sadly the only real info we got here, that we haven't seen before, is the launch date and the crown cost.

I was hoping for more info.

As mentioned in the article, we'll be releasing more info each week as we get closer to its launch. And, of course, there will be a whole slew of patch notes when this hits the PTS later this month. ;)

What about existing pledges and Vet CoA? Will those be upscaled to VR16 aswell? I certainly hope so.

Yes, all dungeons and pledges will be scaled to VR16.

Great!!!:)
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • Rakshat
    Rakshat
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds awesome, can we get rid of CP system now?:3
    Raven Ashcrown
    GM of CRIMSON MALICE
    Proud member of: BATMAN BRIGADE and TEAM SUICIDE SQUAD

R.I.P. Wabbajack
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    What's going to be really funny is if IC is impacted by the same lag issue in Cyrodil. If IC gets too crowded, will we have groups of people just throwing around unresponsive skills at each other?

I'm also concerned that as access is via Cyrodiil.... now the campaigns hold very few people, how are the majority going to be able to access this?

They're pop locked most of the day as it is just with PvP people... now that almost everybody is going to want access how will they be able to get in if they are just going to be queuing?

It's going to be impossible with the current mechanics..... @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler any comment? Seems like a fairly important question! :)
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this is what is gonna finally bury ESO.

Foced PVP for PVE players and paywalls.
    Options
  • BigBoi314
    BigBoi314
    ✭✭
    BigBoi314 wrote: »
    1) Testing on the PTS but not consoles?
    *Yes, I'm obviously a console player.

2) What's so difficult about releasing stuff like this for all platform at the same time? It's not just them but when it comes to game DLC, the majority of companies make some people wait.
    *For THIS DLC, I understand PTS getting it before consoles since they've been waiting so long for DLC. The following DLC(s) should be held to release across all platforms at the same time.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    Edgemoor wrote: »
    "Should you fall to an enemy player, they can claim your hard-earned Tel Var Stones in their own quest for glory."

So if you're PvE orientated your just gonna be a source of stones for the PvP'ers ....

It´s a PvP Zone, deal with it.

This is the problem, most PvE players won't "deal with it." They just won't play, you'll have even less PvE player supporting PvP than you do now.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MCMancub wrote: »
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    23 completely new Veteran Rank 16 item sets, only available in Imperial City

So, aside from crafted stuff (?), the only VR16 gear in the entire game behind a paywall? I, for one, welcome our new P2W DLC overlords!

All pledges and vet dungeons have had their gear reworked and now scaled to V16. Get off your soap.
    Soulshine wrote: »
    That said, about time we got something more specific than the proverbial *soon* so good job on the video and for finally coughing up a release date. Would like more details on the armor sets, how it will be acquired, if they will scale current Undaunteds, including CoA to v16, or if we are now just going to be ditching those for the new instances and toys...

You should read some of the comments before posting. They've already said they would scale.

You should get a clue and realize I am not referring to scaling of dungeons I am talking about details of the gear specific sets you earn from them, which not they did NOT release yet.
    Options
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Should you fall to an enemy player, they can claim your hard-earned Tel Var Stones in their own quest for glory."

So if you're PvE orientated your just gonna be a source of stones for the PvP'ers ....

This is the problem, most PvE players won't "deal with it." They just won't play, you'll have even less PvE player supporting PvP than you do now.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Most of the best in-slot gear and even skills are found through PvP. Nearly everyone in my PvE-only guild PvP's because they have to. No one really complains that much. I don't think this will change a whole lot.
    Options
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone can tell me which are The Native Keeps? For example for Aldmeri dominion? Do Elswyr gates count for them?

Options
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭

So, aside from crafted stuff (?), the only VR16 gear in the entire game behind a paywall? I, for one, welcome our new P2W DLC overlords!

All pledges and vet dungeons have had their gear reworked and now scaled to V16. Get off your soap.
    That said, about time we got something more specific than the proverbial *soon* so good job on the video and for finally coughing up a release date. Would like more details on the armor sets, how it will be acquired, if they will scale current Undaunteds, including CoA to v16, or if we are now just going to be ditching those for the new instances and toys...

You should read some of the comments before posting. They've already said they would scale.

You should get a clue and realize I am not referring to scaling of dungeons I am talking about details of the gear specific sets you earn from them, which not they did NOT release yet.

You're insinuating that all 23 sets found in I.C. will be strictly better than any other set in the game, even when non-I.C. sets are scaled to V16. So, you're embracing a terrible argument?
    Edited by MCMancub on July 15, 2015 2:57PM
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

2) What's so difficult about releasing stuff like this for all platform at the same time? It's not just them but when it comes to game DLC, the majority of companies make some people wait.
    *For THIS DLC, I understand PTS getting it before consoles since they've been waiting so long for DLC. The following DLC(s) should be held to release across all platforms at the same time.

Easy answer to number 2 is that all DLC for consoles has to go through the approval process with Sony and Microsoft. That is out of ZOS's hands
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're insinuating that all 23 sets found in I.C. will be strictly better than any other set in the game, even when non-I.C. sets are scaled to V16. So, you're embracing a terrible argument?

What?? lol Obviously you don't get it.
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "But be warned! Players from other alliances also patrol the depths, and if they defeat you, your Tel Var Stones will be theirs to plunder!"

@ZOS_GinaBruno any Infos about this?
    Do you lose all your Tel Vars? or just some off them? Will they be shared over your Group or just the one who make the final hit get the Tel Vars?
    Will the Emperor have Access to IC with the Buff?
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • Eucken
    Eucken
    ✭✭✭
    So a question for either @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_BrianWheeler - does the paywall mean that ownership of specific keeps in Cyrodiil to gain access is no longer on the agenda?

On PTS we will be testing access the following access rules and deciding if certain campaigns have different Access rules or be universal across all Campaigns:
    • Everyone has Access

For clarification, "Access" means the doors in Cyrodiil around Lake Rumare (non slaughterfish side) that let you into the Sewers/City will let you click on them to go into the Sewers/City or not. These entrances will also be highlighted on your Cyrodiil map.

I think I would like the native keep option, maybe the one with one enemy keep, but the majority option only supports these one faction"buff" campaign. But now they would be Imperial City Campaings.

And everyone has Access sounds lame maybe convenient but still lame
    Edited by Eucken on July 15, 2015 2:59PM
    Options
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone can tell me which are The Native Keeps? For example for Aldmeri dominion? Do Elswyr gates count for them?

Aldmeri Dominion’s Home Keeps:
    Castle Bloodmayne
    Castle Black Boot
    Castle Faregyl
    Castle Alessia
    Castle Roebeck
    Castle Brindle
    Ebonheart Pact’s Home Keeps:
    Drakelowe Keep
    Blue Road Keep
    Chalman Keep
    Arrius Keep
    Farragut Keep
    Kingscrest Keep
    Daggerfall Covenant’s Home Keeps:
    Fort Ash
    Fort Aleswell
    Fort Dragonclaw
    Fort Glademist
    Fort Warden
    Fort Rayles
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    Options
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Elder scroll gates, Scroll Temples, Scrolls, Outposts, Resources and your home bases do not count towards "Access".

Aldmeri for example has the following "native" keeps:

Roebeck, Alessia, Fregyl, Black Boot, Bloodymayne, Brindle.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Options
    Staff Post
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRING IT ON DAEDRA SCUM
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
    Options
  • BigBoi314
    BigBoi314
    ✭✭

Easy answer to number 2 is that all DLC for consoles has to go through the approval process with Sony and Microsoft. That is out of ZOS's hands

If that's the case, they shouldn't give separate release dates for future DLC(s), they should hold off any they finish before hand and release them all at the same time.
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, all new sets will be IC only?

That's really bad news for Craglorn. I really hoped you would add something worthwhile to this dead zone, but why would anybody go there now when there is the IC?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one look forward to cutting my way through many Daedra in the heart of the Cyrodiil empire.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Also, all new sets will be IC only?

That's really bad news for Craglorn. I really hoped you would add something worthwhile to this dead zone, but why would anybody go there now when there is the IC?

Because the sets are being reworked. For all we know some reworked old sets found in old vet dungeons or trials scaled to V16 may be better than some I.C. options.
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elder scroll gates, Scroll Temples, Scrolls, Outposts, Resources and your home bases do not count towards "Access".

Aldmeri for example has the following "native" keeps:

Roebeck, Alessia, Fregyl, Black Boot, Bloodymayne, Brindle.

Is pvp XP being buffed like how pve XP is? There's currently an enormous gap in XP gain with pvp giving very little for both normal and veteran levels (+champ). I saw the pve improvements were called out so I'm concerned that pvp XP improvements weren't. Any comment available @ZOS_BrianWheeler or @ZOS_GinaBruno ? :)
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    The patch looks great, but sadly i am on holiday in Portugal untill september 6 and so i will miss out on all the wonderfull new exploits that will be allowed to exist for the first 2 days.....

Maybe i should cancel my vacation? Hard decisions to be made :(
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
    Options
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative

• Everyone has Access

My (early) feedback on this:

The last two options are definitely a bad idea in my opinion. Unless you're trying to make the Imperial City another incentive for buff servers, do not do those. They will lead to flipping an entire map one color and result in PvE with no PvP, especially in the Imperial City.

I am already hesitant about the native 6 keeps, as these are rarely evenly distributed as is.

Unless you are making an alternative route to enter the IC without meeting these Access requirements, the last three (especially the last two) suggestions will result in one faction dominating each campaign ("buff") and make it pointless to even look for PvP.

I'd even suggest a middle ground between All-Access and the other options. Make it so that when you do not meet the requirements, you have a significantly more difficult time getting in. A common entryway with open PvP, tons of NPCs, a need to pass a challenge, etc. Just do not make it so that only one faction will be the ones using the City while the rest go to some other campaign.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
    Options
  • xeneblaze
    xeneblaze
    ✭✭✭
    Just to say good timing by ZoS - the same date on consoles as the release of Destiny's Taken King DLC :)
    GuildMaster of Wolves of Destiny
    A fun, social, safe-gaming guild - add Xene68 on PSN with a short message if you would like to join!
    Options
  • Avonna
    Avonna
    ✭✭✭
    i dont feel excited about this....... i must finally be numb.
    Options
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

CP is what you should worry the most anyway. Next content is btw for PVE players.
    Options