The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial City Info Released

Enodoc
Enodoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks pretty bad a$$....

Now if it will run on our systems as smoothly as the video or not, we'll see when it's on the PTS. I will be testing this for sure.....
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Quintal
    Quintal
    ✭✭✭
    Bad a$$ indeed...
    ''Subscription fee means that we will offer players the game we set out to make, and the one that fans want to play. Going with any other model meant that we would have to make sacrifices and changes we weren't willing to make.''
    -Matt Firor
    Nick Konkle no longer part of ZOS
    Maria Aliprando no longer part of ZOS
    Paul Sage no longer part of ZOS
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally, keep up the good work!
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Along with the Imperial City DLC game pack launch, everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited will receive the base-game patch at no cost.

Almost sounds like they considered the option to make people pay for the patch.

I got that very same impression from it. Anything that's a correction to something they are trying to fix they really can't charge for. The things like level increase, new sets and what not could have easily been added with the Imperial City DLC and not the patch. Most MMO's actually do it that way anyway.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly the only real info we got here, that we haven't seen before, is the launch date and the crown cost.

I was hoping for more info.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
    Options
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome!
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Along with the Imperial City DLC game pack launch, everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited will receive the base-game patch at no cost.

No, that was never the case. We will continue to provide bug fixes and improvements to existing core game systems to all ESOTU game owners at no cost.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That and it will be on the PTS by the end of July. We actually have a date to look forward too now!
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    23 completely new Veteran Rank 16 item sets, only available in Imperial City

So, aside from crafted stuff (?), the only VR16 gear in the entire game behind a paywall? I, for one, welcome our new P2W DLC overlords!
    Edited by JamilaRaj on July 15, 2015 2:27PM
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Xeniph wrote: »
    Sadly the only real info we got here, that we haven't seen before, is the launch date and the crown cost.

As mentioned in the article, we'll be releasing more info each week as we get closer to its launch. And, of course, there will be a whole slew of patch notes when this hits the PTS later this month. ;)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Almost nothing about sets...
    Options
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! I am honest to god shocked at the decent price. :D
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

Options
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    $20. Wow, the balls on them.

At least the PRE-LAUNCH EVENTS could be interesting, but no way am I paying them $20 for that.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    Options
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just assumed they were trying to be clear about what is included and what is DLC before threads started complaining
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

Options
  • Denaia
    Denaia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another 6 week wait? Yeah.. I am not happy about that.. we already waited close to a year.
    Options
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "to win Tel Var Stones, the currency used to trade for mighty Veteran Rank 16 armor sets"

So token system confirmed? So boring tbh. Hopefully it does not mean we need to log in daily. Does this mean they are moving from RNG entirely too.
    Edited by Sausage on July 15, 2015 2:23PM
    Options
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning @ZOS_GinaBruno & @ZOS_JessicaFolsom!

Thank you so much for the information on Imperial City. We were seriously going through withdrawls not knowing when this was going to be released. A couple quick questions for you, if your able to answer great, if not, I'm sure we'll hear about them in the coming weeks.

1- I see that we are getting two new Racial Styles for crafting. Are there any Traits being added with these or just the Styles?
    2- The article mentions updates to existing sets but nothing about if new craft able sets are being added. Is there going to be new craft able sets we will be able to make and if so, how many?

Thank you both for all your help and time. It is greatly appreciated!
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As mentioned in the article, we'll be releasing more info each week as we get closer to its launch. And, of course, there will be a whole slew of patch notes when this hits the PTS later this month. ;)

What about existing pledges and Vet CoA? Will those be upscaled to VR16 aswell? I certainly hope so.
    Edited by Maotti on July 15, 2015 2:21PM
    PC EU
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So a question for either @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_BrianWheeler - does the paywall mean that ownership of specific keeps in Cyrodiil to gain access is no longer on the agenda?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno this thread or the link should be stickied on top the general forum for a bit

Options
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

So, aside from crafted stuff, the only VR16 gear in the entire game behind a paywall? I, for one, welcome our new P2W DLC overlords!

Welcome to f2p mmo

Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
    Options
  • MisterJimothy
    MisterJimothy
    ✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

So, aside from crafted stuff, the only VR16 gear in the entire game behind a paywall? I, for one, welcome our new P2W DLC overlords!

When they first discussed new gear in DLCs after the B2P conversion, they said that any gear would be available to everyone (trade/stores/etc). Not ideal, but there is that. But, the question then becomes if this new gear is BoP or BoE.
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    "to win Tel Var Stones, the currency used to trade for mighty Veteran Rank 16 armor sets"

So token system confirmed? So boring tbh. Hopefully it does not mean we need to log in daily. Does this mean they are moving from RNG entirely too.

Don't like the idea other players can kill you and loot these Tel Var Stones from you. Looks like it's setting up to be one massive griefing festival that most people will be burnt out and frustraited with in about a month.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on July 15, 2015 2:27PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Maotti_Nor wrote: »

What about existing pledges and Vet CoA? Will those be upscaled to VR16 aswell? I certainly hope so.

Yes, all dungeons and pledges will be scaled to VR16.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those new armor sets look so great! I'm pumped!
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watch for the full Imperial City PTS patch notes later this month for full details!
    I definetly like this.
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need more info before I can yay or nay.

Mainly will access to the PvE content be restricted by the state of your alliance in PvP?

I don't want to feel forced into PvP when I don't enjoy it. I do want a shedload of PvE content though (and not just more dungeons!)
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options