Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Oh ZoS - You have let us down!

• ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, thanks for your feedback. We want to make sure everyone is aware that the Senche-Leopard is available - and only for a short time - so nobody misses out on the opportunity. We only plan on messaging this once per day, and want to hit each language (EN, DE, and FR) as these are multilingual megaservers.

Doesn't the message on the launcher get that across already? It's the first thing people see when they open the game. Are we going to get this with every new "limited" item that lands on the store? And after we were told the store and it's stuff would be unobtrusive too.

Sorry Gina, but do ZOS intend on keeping to anything they tell us during the game's lifetime or is it all hot air?
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
    Options
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    People play this on Steam too. No launcher.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
    Options
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, thanks for your feedback. We want to make sure everyone is aware that the Senche-Leopard is available - and only for a short time - so nobody misses out on the opportunity. We only plan on messaging this once per day, and want to hit each language (EN, DE, and FR) as these are multilingual megaservers.

Yea,this is a really bad move.... in my humble opinion :/

But I guess cash is king right?

Was thinking of buying some stuff...but this actually convinced me not to.
    Edited by Agobi on April 17, 2015 7:43PM
    Options
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play it through Steam, still a launcher.
    Options
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    Agobi wrote: »

Was thinking of buying some stuff...but this actually convinced me not to.

Yeah that's actually a good point. Things like this will also push me in the opposite direction they'd like me to go.
    Edited by Victus on April 17, 2015 7:44PM
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MorHawk wrote: »
    It's very concerning that this is still going on, after the huge outcry over previous stunts.
    Annoying your customers is about as self-destructive as it gets.

The "huge outcry" over the one time this happened before was a few very vocal people on the forums who apparently don't understand advertising.

There's a simple solution for people who don't like in-game advertisements: ignore them.
    Oh God, are YOU still defending ZOS at every opportunity?

There's an even simpler solution: ZOS should stop behaving worse than even Bioware!
    Options
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »

Noted
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah. Greedy and very off-putting. There are much better ways to convey this message. Launcher, character screen, email, whatever. But once a day, every day in multiple languages? Just ew.
    Edited by Jules on April 18, 2015 1:44AM
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really dislike the on-screen notifications attempting to get people to pull out their credit cards. I get the whole "company funds" thing, but it's slowly breaking down the separation between gameplay and telemarketing. I found it distasteful, and anecdotally those who commented in zone chat also found it unappealing.

Your players have been wanting to remove the spam from trial notifications for months, surely an even more intrusive notification wasn't expected to be received positively.
    Options
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, Just do not buy this crap. Wait for DLC or something which makes sense. The less cash they will get from it, less *** ads we will see.
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
    Options
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was gonna say. There are a good amount of games that have a separate launcher once you start the game from Steam.
    Edited by nastuug on April 17, 2015 7:46PM
    Options
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean you're trying to make sure the sight-challenged who failed to see the bloody big ad. you put on the Launcher get a second chance to miss it?
    Options
  • Molsondry
    Molsondry
    ✭✭✭
    HEY !!!! come on Zenimax

I baught the game ... I pay a sub . eve if i didnt pay a sub honestly

If it was F2p . I wouldnt mind But COME dont say you dotn want anyone to miss it ...

ITS ALREADY IN THE LAUNCHER . plz stop those in game advertising or your gonna kill your game
    v9 Sorcerer
    Options
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Noted
    :)

Seriously though ZOS, you need to be building your reputation, not tarnishing it further. These kinds of stunts (blatant in-your-face 'BUY OUR STUFF!!!' messaging, selling valuable in game items like motifs) just makes you look very, very cheap. This is the kind of thing Trion would pull, you should be above this.

This kind of thing isn't going to excite gamers, it'll drive them into the hands of the competition. I'd question the marketing wisdom that went into this decision.

We know you have fluffy stuff for sale, we know about the tiger, we saw the blog post, the forum post and the message in the launcher. That really ought to be enough.
    Edited by ItsGlaive on April 17, 2015 7:49PM
    Options
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Steam has a recent news section in the game library for each game...which you see each time before launching the game.
    Edited by golfer.dub17_ESO on April 17, 2015 7:49PM
    Options
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Just to clarify - some of you are paid subscribers who are seeing these ads?

I have two subbed accounts, and was not online during either the "pet" or the "senche" ads.

I am a subscriber and yes, we are seeing it too. If this is going to become a thing my subscription will stop! For the record, everyone who has an account already got this advertisement in an actual EMAIL!
    Edited by SteveCampsOut on April 17, 2015 7:50PM
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
    Options
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how they do this crap on the weekend, or right close to the end of the workday on Friday (and then lock all threads except one). Stay classy. Or not. You lost my sub because of this. Proof:

6M591Lr.jpg
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on April 17, 2015 7:51PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
    Options
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kinda odd, I'm playing many hours pretty much everyday but I have seen this message not even once.

Edit: my current sub expires in 12 days, not sure if this makes any difference.
    Edited by Moonshadow66 on April 17, 2015 7:50PM
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

Options
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In your face marketing, especially when I am already subbed, is the very best way to make me spend less, not more.

IMO Subbed players should not be seeing these adds, and no amount of corporate jargon rationalisation will change my opinion on that.

As for the mount in question only being available for a short time... ...yeah, right.

It'll be back as soon as the forum feedback indicates there enough player interest in buying it; I mean its not like they cost anything to "manufacture".

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
    Options
  • Chillic
    Chillic
    ✭✭✭
    I love how they do this crap on the weekend, or right close to the end of the workday on Friday. Stay classy. Or not. You lost my sub because of this. Proof:

6M591Lr.jpg

Saying "Stay Classy" and follow up with "I'm quitting" I LOVE IT!!!
    Options
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Gina. With all due respect, that is a VERY VERY poor answer. You are not addressing the question...well, actually you are, and to much detriment to the name of ZoS. You are effectively saying "Hey guys, chill, we're just trying to sell stuff". Which is a VERY poor response, especially from a Community Lead.

You are hearing a decent amount of feedback from the forums about peoples views on this. Now, whilst I do understand that is a very small fraction of your playing base, the reality is the vast majority of your player base give 0 feedback to you what-so-ever. They do not frequent the forums or email you.

Now, if I were the community lead, I would be asking people how they might suggest we adjust this so everyone gets the best of both worlds. We know you are here to make money (Irrelevant of other marketing statements from senior figures). No one is giving you money to make this and not make anything back. So ask us how it could be changed. For example:

It's about getting feedback and linking that feedback into marketing and coming up with an idea, rather than slapping everyone in the face with a horrific large, center screen banner ad.

How would you like it, if you were going about your daily routine and I walked up to you, stood right in your face, and said "Hey Lady, I'm selling Tigers. How many you want?".

I doubt you would like it much..... :|
    Edited by P3ZZL3 on April 17, 2015 8:40PM
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Molsondry
    Molsondry
    ✭✭✭
    Also canceled My sub .. good job zenimax for not listening the 80% disagree poll
    v9 Sorcerer
    Options
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chillic wrote: »
    I love how they do this crap on the weekend, or right close to the end of the workday on Friday. Stay classy. Or not. You lost my sub because of this. Proof:

6M591Lr.jpg

Saying "Stay Classy" and follow up with "I'm quitting" I LOVE IT!!!

Not quitting, just canceled my sub (I actually canceled it after the first National Pet Day ad).
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
    Options
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the addon called "No, thank you". Best way to deal with this garbage. Also helps with scroll drop/pickup spam and the "random guild member has completed whatever" spam also.

Minimize all that crud to the chat box.
    Options
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which opportunity to buy a reskinned pet you gave away already? Hey it would be great if you would care about the guys having technical issues or can't really play PvP with your lag because they kind of miss a working game which seams more important then BUY THIS TIGER
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all the things the gloom and doom threads about the B2P predicted, in game advertising was the worst. And, now we have it. It's all over the Launcher, do we really need this in the game?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a paying subscriber and I would very much like the option to opt out of irritating advertising like this. Also, there is no 'International Buy A Pet Day'. That's not a thing.

Let me guess, next Tuesday is 'International Buy A Costume Day'..? Get out of here with that crap.
    Options
  • djnapstyb14_ESO
    djnapstyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    omg stop crying
    EP FOR LIFE
    Options
  • Arezius
    Arezius
    ✭✭✭
    This is the kind of thing Trion would pull, you should be above this.

I was playing Rift before it went free to play, then Trion made their cash shop and *things* like that, and I quit, I've always been happy to be in a subbed mmo clean from marketing and all that. If ESO become like that, I'll sure won't stay.
    Options
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg stop crying

No.

I think you are missing the point. It's not the fact they are advertising. It's an accepted practice that we all knew would happen. They need to make money, 99% of all people agree with it - including me.

It's HOW they have done it. No thought about genuinely making it a seamless process, something where people will go "ok, I understand, no problem". Instead, it's like watching a movie then a ruddy great sign comes up and says "Hey, go buy some popcorn".

Slippery slope which will help no-one :(
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
    Options