The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

You know you have been playing too much ESO when...

mechasauce
mechasauce
✭✭
you walk home from work through a field and actively look for Jute to harvest.

Anyone else done some crazy stuff?
Edited by mechasauce on April 11, 2014 3:34PM
  • Ibura
    Ibura
    ✭✭✭
    Hehe, I would be too much immersed in the game when I would go on a visit and start searching people's desks and wardrobes before speaking to them. :)
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    I saw somebody fall and tried casting grand healing!
  • siuolly
    siuolly
    ✭✭✭
    .... when you walk into McDonald and ask for moonsugar.
  • Cwynlaen
    Cwynlaen
    ✭✭
    ...when I keep trying to hit the Alt key to dismiss windows in every other game.
  • katamuro11b16_ESO
    when buying clothes you try to look for stats
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    When I instinctively raise my shield to block attacks from angry customers of course! Customer service is a thankless job, I'm jaded lol.
  • mechasauce
    mechasauce
    ✭✭
    ... when you get stressed and say to yourself "I'm too low level for this"

These are great, keep them coming!
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you don't have anything funny to post here about a real life experience where you tried to do something you could only do in ESO, because you haven't stopped playing ESO in order to have one.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You go to bed and you have retinal flashes of locked chests shining in the sunset
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...when one tries to turn a quest to your boss, then one is sad because you do not get any XP for it.
  • mechasauce
    mechasauce
    ✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    ...when one tries to turn a quest to your boss, then one is sad because you do not get any XP for it.
    ...until payday :)

• Kingcroft
    Kingcroft
    ✭✭
    when the first thing you think of when you see the little lawn lights is that it could be runes.
  • LoneWalker
    LoneWalker
    ✭✭
    When I Sneak in my own house when I get home from uni.
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While driving the other night on the highway, I saw one of those big spotlights shining up in the distance. Thought to myself, "Oooo! Skyshard!"
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...when arguing with someone and you keep looking at the floor, waiting for red indicator and special attack to come.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You start using TES phrases, like "n'wah" for people you don't like or "sun on my scales" for positive situations.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • pysgod1978b14_ESO
    mechasauce wrote: »
    you walk home from work through a field and actively look for Jute to harvest.

Anyone else done some crazy stuff?

Oddly enough I was driving home from work the other day and saw a flower beside the road that looked just like Jute.

• ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    ...when I'm outside starring at rock trying to figure out if its simply a rock.. or iron.
  • Dracovar
    Dracovar
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Yesterday I was driving home and saw a peculiar rock by a tree and immediately thought, "Rune!" And, yes, I secretly hoped it would be an Aspect or Potency before realizing this was real life, and not in game! lol
    Edited by Dracovar on April 11, 2014 5:27PM
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    -- When I look at large rocks and wonder what kind of Ore it is.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    'N'wah!' Ahhh, that brings back such happy memories! :)
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was playing another game and saw a line of blue in the sky, started to run towards it thinking 'Skyshard!' before I remembered I was in the wrong game.
  • Beowulf_McCallum
    Beowulf_McCallum
    ✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    'N'wah!' Ahhh, that brings back such happy memories! :)
    And 'FETCHER!'
    :)
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cought myself looking intensively on some old dusty crates and thinking "probably some provisioning stuff" :)
    And a second one (I know it's no ESO, but i miss it a lot): "No lollygagging" - this is what I sometimes say to my co-workers on coffee break :D
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • robynheraty_ESO
    robynheraty_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I caught myself walking past a field of flowers and wishing I could harvest them, like in the game. And then I realized that I CAN harvest flowers in real life, too. So I did.
  • cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    When you look at your children and just see the monkey vanity pet ...
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you try to deposit food items at your bank and they look at you like the idiot that you are.
    Edited by Crumpy on April 11, 2014 11:35PM
    I lyke not this quill.
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    Greet everyone by saying "Hail"
  • crusabella
    crusabella
    ✭✭
    When you can't stop thinking about what you look like from the back in 3rd person while running.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    My husband was playing on the playground with our daughter and said he didn't have enough stamina.
    My first response was to think he should put more attribute points in it.