The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Incorrect Login Information] - (PLEASE READ IF HAVING THIS PROBLEM)

Zilyana
Zilyana
✭✭✭
I purchased the Imperial Edition of ESO with 5 days early access and it was working fine since release up till 01/04/2014 .

Attempted fixes include:

- Firewall is disabled.
- Anti-Virus is disabled.
- Changed password.
- Deleted "ProgramData" in ESOLauncher Folder.
- Set Launcher to run as Administrator.
- Repair Launcher Client.
- Uninstall - Reinstall
- Checked various Compatibility Modes

Client Versions for date 01/04/2014

Launcher Version: 1.3.5.953486
EU Client Version: 1.0.0.956792
NA Client Version: 1.0.0.956792

Confirmed with friend's working account.

Account Summary/Status:
Beta Access
Early Access

Billing History:
Digital Imperial Edition -- $119.95AUD

I am using Windows 7 on PC.

Because my friend can log on fine I can say that the problem is not related to:
- Mass Login's
- Maintenance
- Client

I have logged onto https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/users/account using my account details and it is successful.

Technical Support has not said anything useful after waiting about 10 hours.

TL:DR How To Fix Your Problem!: WAIT! There is nothing you can do, so go watch TV and check if it's fixed in a few hours.

Don't attempt client repair, reinstalling etc. Doesn't fix anything and wastes your time and download cap.

Hopefully it's fixed in a few hours - Ciao.

What the problem was:

Hey there,

I sincerely apologize for the issue you have run into. I looked into your account and I believe the issue should now be resolved. It appears that a few things you said in zone chat were flagged by our system and a suspension was issued. After reviewing your chat logs, it appears the only thing you mentioned about gold selling/farming was that you were frustrated with them, which is completely understandable.

Since nothing in the chat logs indicate that you are a gold seller, the suspension has been lifted and you should be able to log in without any issues. I sincerely apologize for the time it has taken to resolve this issue. I have submitted this ticket as feedback to ensure that this does not happen again. While we work on the gold spammer filter, I would suggest avoiding the mentioning of gold spamming/selling in zone chat.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and if there's anything else I can assist you with,. Please let me know.

Warmest regards,
Greg
Zenimax Online Support
Edited by Zilyana on April 3, 2014 10:46PM
  • serrion
    serrion
    We are aware of the "login information is incorrect" issue and are currently investigating. As we work to isolate the issue, please ensure that you are able to log into account.elderscrollsonline.com using the same credentials (that way we can figure out if this is only occurring with attempts to log into the game itself)

Is what someone from Zenimax just responded to the issue.
    Options
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭
    serrion wrote: »
    We are aware of the "login information is incorrect" issue and are currently investigating. As we work to isolate the issue, please ensure that you are able to log into account.elderscrollsonline.com using the same credentials (that way we can figure out if this is only occurring with attempts to log into the game itself)

That is essentially what technical support responds to everyone. It's a waste of time even submitting a ticket.
    Options
  • Ryoshi1
    Ryoshi1
    I'm having the same problem D:
    Options
  • serrion
    serrion
    Zilyana wrote: »
    serrion wrote: »

That is essentially what technical support responds to everyone. It's a waste of time even submitting a ticket.

Aye, but this was on this forum. So atleast it shows they're aware of it.

Options
  • theimp
    theimp
    such a waste to spend 80 bucks on an imperial, and then now i have to deal with this *** ***.
    Options
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, nearly 24 hours and not fixed yet...
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In my thread regarding this topic, someone said customer support told him he was banned for 3 days for spamming. Maybe they did the same to the rest of us?
    Options
  • Ryoshi1
    Ryoshi1
    Hope it was a very bad april fool's joke or they will lose a customer after free trial.
    Options
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭
    In my thread regarding this topic, someone said customer support told him he was banned for 3 days for spamming. Maybe they did the same to the rest of us?

I seriously doubt that. I have barely used the in-game chat as I use Skype with my friend and we just never need to talk to anyone. This many people getting banned without a warning or any good reason would be a huge failure of a system. Just seems like I said, some kind of account conflicting error when the 3-day access accounts were made active.
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I seriously doubt that. I have barely used the in-game chat as I use Skype with my friend and we just never need to talk to anyone. This many people getting banned without a warning or any good reason would be a huge failure of a system. Just seems like I said, some kind of account conflicting error when the 3-day access accounts were made active.
    It was @Ryoshi1‌ who said that in my thread. He is the only one I know so far that has gotten any info at all regarding login issues.

So your theory is that an error has occurred shutting down those with 5 day early access when the 3 day early access people were activated today? And ZOS hasn't come out to acknowledge any of this? It's 5:39 pm EST right now, people leaving work to go home.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on April 1, 2014 9:39PM
    Options
  • Ryoshi1
    Ryoshi1
    Better not be for three days, while gold spammers are trolling their hearts out unchecked.
    Options
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭

So your theory is that an error has occurred shutting down those with 5 day early access when the 3 day early access people were activated today?

It's the only thing that makes sense. I was playing yesterday fine and I logged off to do some stuff about an hour before the 3-day access accounts were made active, when I came back around 2 hours later I was having this problem. It's either an amazing coincidence or that is what has happened.
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So your theory is that an error has occurred shutting down those with 5 day early access when the 3 day early access people were activated today?

It's the only thing that makes sense. I was playing yesterday fine and I logged off to do some stuff about an hour before the 3-day access accounts were made active, when I came back around 2 hours later I was having this problem. It's either an amazing coincidence or that is what has happened.
    Is it possible that it is already almost evening time and ZOS has not gotten word of any of this? I just don't understand. My early access time is literally just ticking away.
    Options
  • ErilAq
    ErilAq
    ✭✭✭
    I have no problem logging into the site, it's just the game, and on some chance I do get in, I'm in for 5-45 mins (23 being the average time) before I get an "unspecified error" message and I go back to log in screen. if I try to retype my username/password, I get error 201, 200, 103, and 102. in random orders. ( I have tried running it as admin, without firewalls, reset my modem, reset my comp, repaired launcher, and even uninstalled/re-installed, to no avail)
    edit: I also got kicked from server for "spamming" once, but never sent a tell via anything but party chat)
    Edited by ErilAq on April 1, 2014 9:46PM
    Internet armchair warriors attack! Yayayayayayaaaaaah!!!!
    Options
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭
    It feels really disappointing but I guess something had to finally happen to me, haven't had any problems with bugs or glitches and I was leveling through the zones pretty fast. Gold seller spam was the only annoying problem I was getting.
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ErilAq wrote: »
    I have no problem logging into the site, it's just the game, and on some chance I do get in, I'm in for 5-45 mins (23 being the average time) before I get an "unspecified error" message and I go back to log in screen. if I try to retype my username/password, I get error 201, 200, 103, and 102. in random orders. ( I have tried running it as admin, without firewalls, reset my modem, reset my comp, repaired launcher, and even uninstalled/re-installed, to no avail)
    It's not you, it's something server side.
    Options
  • ErilAq
    ErilAq
    ✭✭✭
    I figured as much, I'm just trying to give them as much information as I can so they can hopefully rule out some possibilities. I have no problem waiting since it's early release, but I want to do my utmost to expedite the process
    Internet armchair warriors attack! Yayayayayayaaaaaah!!!!
    Options
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭
    edit: I also got kicked from server for "spamming" once, but never sent a tell via anything but party chat)

Those are all related to your connection to the server.
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I figured as much, I'm just trying to give them as much information as I can so they can hopefully rule out some possibilities. I have no problem waiting since it's early release, but I want to do my utmost to expedite the process
    Early access was part of the $80 or $100 you spent pre-ordering the game. And we aren't playing are we.
    Options
  • Iharyd
    Iharyd
    ✭✭
    Well...i have 3-day acc and due to ,,unknown error'' ocuring after 1-3 min in character creator i couldnt make char even,let alone write on chat...so im guesing it has nothing to do with bans and more with something on their side that theyre not even know about...Ofc i need to pass 200/201 ,108 and tons of other stuff first to play few minutes with creator..imo perfect headstart..and golden award for best communication and copy/paste tickets goes to ZOS.Personally ill give it a day and if nothing will happen with that situation it will be a time to call bank and charge back credit card,game in this state is totally broken for me,and looking at other topics im not alone.
    Edited by ZOS_JoanaL on April 2, 2014 12:36AM
    Options
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭
    Well it is only early access you still have 30 days of time which you got with your purchase. Every game has downtime and problems, World of Warcraft release was even worse then this.
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iharyd wrote: »
    Well...i have 3-day acc and due to ,,unknown error'' ocuring after 1-3 min in character creator i couldnt make char even,let alone write on chat...so im guesing it has nothing to do with bans and more with some sh** on their side that theyre not even know about...Ofc i need to pass 200/201 ,108 and tons of other stuff first to play few minutes with creator..imo perfect headstart..and golden award for best communication and copy/paste tickets goes to ZOS.Personally ill give it a day and if nothing will happen with that situation it will be a time to call bank and charge back credit card,game in this state is totally broken for me,and looking at other topics im not alone.
    I don't get it, is it possible no one from ZOS has been alerted to the situation? Do the forum moderators elevate issues to the proper people? It's been literally all day so far.
    Options
  • shaun_nicholsrwb17_ESO
    Have same issue 5 day access played for ages went to store come back can't log in ever since
    Options
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭
    This is at least 50 people with the same problem that we know of so you can assume ZOS has been made aware and are working on it.
    Options
  • barbourm10_ESO
    I guess this is where I voice my distaste with error code 201
    Options
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭
    Andd it's still not working for me...anyone else got the fix?
    Options
  • elsom23
    elsom23
    ✭✭
    its been hacked guys
    Options
  • ZOS_AlexD
    Greetings. We're sorry for any frustration this issue has caused. @Zilyana, if you haven't already, please contact Customer Support. They will be able to assist you further.
    Edited by ZOS_AlexD on April 1, 2014 11:56PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlexD wrote: »
    Greetings. We're sorry for any frustration this issue has caused. @Zilyana, if you haven't already, please contact Customer Support. They will be able to assist you further.

Customer Support does not help at all.
    Options
  • elsom23
    elsom23
    ✭✭
    ZOS_AlexD wrote: »

Customer Support does not help at all.

Options