Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

1.6 PTS Bugs and Issues Thread

LonePirate
LonePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Please report any bugs and issues you find in this thread. Make sure you first report them in game using the /bug feature and then record the issue number and a brief summary of the issue in this thread.

150127-001111 - My VR14 NA server character received two new copies of the Undaunted Enclave Invite and Cyrodiil Awaits emails upon logging into the PTS. I had previously received these emails months ago on the live server so I should not have received two new copies of both emails. I had created three new characters on the PTS before opening my copied character, in case that makes any difference.

150127-001148 - Two different Stamina boost amounts are listed in the tooltip for the VR5 food Grandmam's Roast Rabbit. This appears to be an issue only with the tooltip.

150127-001233 - The Combat Medic perk in the Lord constellation does something completely different than the Combat Medic passive perk in the Alliance War\Support skill tree. One of the two should be renamed to eliminate confusion among players.

150127-001299 - I looted a backpack in Bruma in Cyrodiil and found some Filtered Water which is used to make Level 40 potions. Since Cyrodiil is a VR5 zone, I should only find Purified Water (VR1) or Cloud Mist (VR5). In 1.5 and earlier, I never found Filtered Water in Cyrodiil and I have looted hundreds of containers in Cyrodiil.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this was intentional or not but.... template chars created on the PTS have no morphs available for testing purposes, so short of taking the time level up the morph you cannot test the changes right away. If this is WAI, I for one do not find it a practical use of testing time to have to level up the base skill just to get to the morph in the given skill tree.

ON Justice system, NPC guards will kill anyone that has thrown out a heal their way, or has healed a fugitive player, even if by accident.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Soulshine wrote: »
    Not sure if this was intentional or not but.... template chars created on the PTS have no morphs available for testing purposes, so short of taking the time level up the morph you cannot test the changes right away. If this is WAI, I for one do not find it a practical use of testing time to have to level up the base skill just to get to the morph in the given skill tree.
    It is indeed intentional. The idea was to test the base abilities, and eventually their morphs as well.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a very serious animation bug where the walk/run animation stops playing and instead your hats yet just stand still as you glide along the ground. Weapon swapping fixes this. Can't determine a cause, seems to occur randomly after pretty much any action. Sometimes you only lose the animation when walking in a specific WASD direction, and the other 3 directions play their animation properly.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • istateres
    istateres
    ✭✭✭✭
    All my ALTs lost their horse. Only the first character I logged into had a horse, even though all ALTS have horse abilities and had bought (not 1g horses) their own horses. I will say that each ALT bought the SAME horse (not an Imperial though). Shouldn't they ALL get a horse!
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Switching bars resets Merciless Resolve's Assassin's Will feature.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is indeed intentional. The idea was to test the base abilities, and eventually their morphs as well.

Well this is not something I agree with - not that that matters. But if you want ppl to test a base skill, they can easily do so on a lower level char that is either copied over from live or created as a new low level template.

If you are going to give us a template for a VR14 with maxed out CP points, loads of serpent gear and every other max level perk, I most certainly expect to be able to test that char fully built out with all morphs ready to be used - just as in PTS in the past --- without having to run about spamming the skills to get the morph in question.
    Edited by Soulshine on January 28, 2015 2:08AM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    150127-001582

When I first logged in my inventory space had shrunk (didn't count my extra mount space?) and I lost several items. Eventually the 30 of the 40 missing slots returned somehow without me doing anything but the rest are still AWOL.

EDIT: OK, the still missing 10 are from the new mount system shorting me that many from what I had on my horse before 1.6.

RE-EDIT: Happened again with another character, but loading/activating a horse didn't seem to help as has been suggested.

150127-001587

I healed someone fighting a guard in Mournhold and was labeled a fugitive (working as intended I assume), but when I realized I was marked for death and tried to feel I got screen-freezing lag and died when the guard easily caught up to me.
    Edited by tinythinker on January 28, 2015 4:47AM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Wahee
    Wahee
    ✭✭✭
    Bow dodge roll causes your character to levitate
    Mostly Harmless: PvP leader and officer
    mostly-harmless-guild.com
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    150127--001586 Laundered items are not stacking properly with identical items in my inventory. I laundered some ginkgo and I ended up with a stack of 4 (the laundered items) and a stack of 20 (in my inventory before the laundering) when I should have had a single stack of 24 after I laundered them.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the imperial edition, when I took my new char to the stable, the imperial horse was not available to buy.

I did make it into the Outlaw Enclave after stealing and managed to fence successful. I cannot interact with any container or bookshelf down there. This is in Vukel Guard.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new Templar execute has a terrible 1-1.5 second delay after pressing the button before the skills goes off.
  • BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭
    150127-001582

150127-001587

I healed someone fighting a guard in Mournhold and was labeled a fugitive (working as intended I assume), but when I realized I was marked for death and tried to feel I got screen-freezing lag and died when the guard easily caught up to me.

Same happened to me, extreme screen freeze and seemed to happen when the guard threw the killing blow. Once was from trying to rez a killed criminal. It seemed to happen during every fight with the guard.
    Edited by BalerionBlackDread on January 28, 2015 2:24AM
  • XEVENEX
    XEVENEX
    ✭✭✭✭
    MAGICKA REGEN BUG 150127-001687
    Edit: This might be a hidden werewolf effect. I'll need a few minutes to confirm.
    It appears that WW received an in combat magicka regen bonus on the PTS. There is still a discrepancy between live non ww regen and pts non ww regen. It's higher on live than on pts:

OUT OF COMBAT magicka regen appears to be lower than IN COMBAT magicka regen, which does not jive with what's on the live server.

PTS:
    Magicka Regen Per Character Screen: 1602
    In Combat Magicka Regen: 1602
    Out Of Combat Magicka Regen: 1440

PTS WW:
    Magicka Regen Per Character Screen: 1731
    In Combat Magicka Regen: 1731
    Out Of Combat Magicka Regen: 1398

LIVE:
    Magicka Regen Per Character Screen: 163
    In Combat Magicka Regen: 163
    Out Of Combat Magicka Regen: 212
    Edited by XEVENEX on January 28, 2015 5:24AM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    -Casting radiant Aura does not give the caster the 20% buffs.

-If you cast a long lasting HoT(mutagen/restoring aura) and they go and commit a crime before it goes away, you will be attacked by guards anyway. Even if your in an entirely different places by the time they commit the crime.
    Edited by timidobserver on January 28, 2015 3:03AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing is loot-able in the Outlaw Refuge, even common containers like barrels and crates.

Mounted movement is sometimes jerky and when first mounting there is an unexplained quick speed boost.
    Edited by BalerionBlackDread on January 28, 2015 3:10AM
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    where exactly are the templates located?!
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    150127-001717 I paid a bounty to a guard and earned the Make Amends achievement. The guard sub-item was checked under the achievement. I accrued another bounty and used a fence to pay it off. The fence sub-item for the achievement did not get checked.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by tinythinker on January 28, 2015 4:45AM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is Reinforced 142 damage shield in the Steed line right? It seems like a pretty underwhelming damage shield considering all stats have been multiplied for 10. It wouldn't even shield you from 1% of a light attack. Keep in mind that it takes 120 points to get a 142 point damage shield.
    Edited by timidobserver on January 28, 2015 6:15AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything breaks stealth, resetting skills, swapping potions, checking inventory, it appears that another riding up near you on a horse and dismounting does as well.
    Meh...**** it..
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cannot use a potion that gives you a major buff if you already have that major buff active from another ability.

For example, use Entropy on a mob. Then try to activate a Spell Power potion. It won't let you use the potion.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While pick pocketing and caught guards can un cloak night blades and continue attacking even after re cloaking . Is this intentional ? Also the animation on cloak does not always happen .
    Edited by Roechacca on January 28, 2015 5:17AM
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also I was told the new UI would show buffs that are active on the UI . Have not seen this in effect yet .
  • Mariiana
    Mariiana
    ✭✭
    So far i have encountered

1. Biting jabs does not grant me the Major Savagery Buff
    2. Brawler does not always refresh the shield like the patch notes said it fixed
    3. (more of an annoyance) but the passives for medium armor only grant 629 Critical rating where the passive for light grants 2099....this just seems unfair

also my horse feels like it can drift lol
    ~~~ EP ~~~
    Mariiana- VR16 Templar
    Mariiahna VR16 NB
    Roheel VR14 DK
    Xinthuur VR4 Sorc
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    We barely start with enough money to buy a horse. Leaving little cash to upgrade new characters bank or bag space. Is this intended ¿
    Last time I tested we had 5 mil gold.

As mentioned, Previously purchased content ( Imperial horse) is not available to templates characters until logging on with a previously made character from Live. This is also changed from 2 days ago on PTS where just making and logging on a template character the Imperial pets, mounts and content showed up, along with that 5 million gold.

There's some weirdness going on with horse stats. Especially capacity as mentioned above. Is taking skill lessons from stableman not implemented, or is a helping still the way to do it and you are immersively calling that " riding skill" ?

Not able to set 1st or 2nd set of weapons, even though key binds are now available for them.

On a positive note:
    Playing thru content for a hour or so results in fast leveling of skills giving options to morph them, personally don't think this is a problem. Sorry guys, just kill something.

Riften outlaw post in the sewer :smiley: just like in Skyrim...awesome!

Back to work..err...play...

Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mariiana wrote: »
    also my horse feels like it can drift lol

Yes the new sprint animation that narrows the screen is really better suited for a car game imo . Also has anyone noticed anti collision obsticals you run into on horses seem to bounce you around even further ?
  • DeathDealer19
    DeathDealer19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I just completed a VR dungeon on the pts. healing of course. We did Wayrest and let me tell you... That lich boss is INSANE. I have healed everything in the game short of hard mode serpent so I know what im doing. The lich boss literally took us nearly as long as an entire serpent fight normally does. The adds have so much health, hit so hard, and are so spread out(since you can pull the boss in the tunnel anymore) it was impossible nearly. by the time you got the adds down, they were respawning again. For some reason our tank said he is just out of stamina in every fight as well. I understand our stats have been scaled up but trash mobs have WAY too much health. I love everything ive seen thus far on the PTS in 1.6 but i think stamina and magicka pools need some more tweaking. we had a magicka NB in our group who said she was out of magicka the entire time. I was healing mind you and i thought the opposite. i could spam BoL for day! :)

ZOS please work on trash mobs health and dmg. theyre hitting like trucks. and stamina! tanks are running out of stam super fast! hell inner beast costs like 5k stamina. RIDICULOUS
    @DeathDealer19

GM of We Wipe On Trash
    NA Server AD Faction
    VR14 High Elf Templar
    VR14 High Elf Dragonknight
    VR14 High Elf Sorcerer
    VR14 Imperial Dragonknight
    VR9 Bosmer Nightblade
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well I just completed a VR dungeon on the pts. healing of course. We did Wayrest and let me tell you... That lich boss is INSANE. I have healed everything in the game short of hard mode serpent so I know what im doing. The lich boss literally took us nearly as long as an entire serpent fight normally does. The adds have so much health, hit so hard, and are so spread out(since you can pull the boss in the tunnel anymore) it was impossible nearly. by the time you got the adds down, they were respawning again. For some reason our tank said he is just out of stamina in every fight as well. I understand our stats have been scaled up but trash mobs have WAY too much health. I love everything ive seen thus far on the PTS in 1.6 but i think stamina and magicka pools need some more tweaking. we had a magicka NB in our group who said she was out of magicka the entire time. I was healing mind you and i thought the opposite. i could spam BoL for day! :)

ZOS please work on trash mobs health and dmg. theyre hitting like trucks. and stamina! tanks are running out of stam super fast! hell inner beast costs like 5k stamina. RIDICULOUS

The fact that most AOEs are blockable is one of the reasons stamina drain is so fast .
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it the tank being out of stamina..

I mean you get 2 or 3 mobs on ya and your stamina will be completely gone while blocking.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fine, than make them all at level 4, ready to morph, but unmorphed. I can't understand how do you guys expect people level all those skills again. God knows how many hours it takes to level those skills you want.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]