The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Invalid Memory Size and keep downloading 5GB...

• AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I download only 5GB every time. But yeah, it's really frustrating.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • djdado16
    djdado16
    we would avoid this problem if are files on some storage services where you can download and install, this ESO launcher is so bugged..
  • Solapse
    Solapse
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, got it.

I did the following:

Changed the user rights access to 'inherit to subfolders'
    Changed the folder from read only, to non read only.

I have no idea why it was set as read only but upon running the launcher as an Admin, it installed the patch correctly.
  • djdado16
    djdado16
    really? i will give a try, TNX

i changed the folder from read only to non read only, but he is getting always back to read only, but i run application with admin rights, so we will see after he download again 5 gb
    Edited by djdado16 on November 11, 2014 4:39PM
  • juliano1969
    juliano1969
    Soul Shriven
    The download size has now changed from 5gb to about 20Gb. In another few hours it will have downloaded. I really hope it works. I really want to get started.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It always set folder back to read only. Don't know why.
    And I still need to download 5GB. Again.
    Checked all files and none of it have read only.
    Edited by AshySamurai on November 11, 2014 5:28PM
  • djdado16
    djdado16
    doesnt work
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there everyone,

We're taking a look into the issue with the Invalid Memory Size error. We'll be sure to post an update when more information becomes available. Thanks for your patience!

Hopefully there is an update soon, it seems anyone without the game already installed can't actually install the game any more.
    For us existing customers it's frustrating enough but I would imagine new customers are getting a pretty bad first impression.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • djdado16
    djdado16
    its really bad that they didnt posted anything on fb twitter or g+, new customers think game is great, they buy and afterall cant install, like us... and one 1 day of game time is gone
  • vincentb16_ESO22
    vincentb16_ESO22
    Soul Shriven
    I've just switched to the NA server, instead of the EU server. It is now downloading 27GB...
  • djdado16
    djdado16
    what if we downlaod from na server can we play on eu server?
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @djdado16,

The game clients are separate, which requires a different installation of the game. We noticed a few people are getting hung up on a larger download than expected. Generally running the repair feature in this manner will allow you to download only what is missing or corrupted:
    These steps will allow you to cancel the installation and run the repair function, which will only download files that are missing or corrupt.

If the "Play" button reads "Install":
    1. Click the install button, and start downloading
    2. Once the download beings, shutdown the launcher
    3. Restart the launcher
    4. Expand the Game Options menu (Cog wheel located above the News Feed)
    5. It should say Updating…., under that it should say Cancel. Click Cancel
    6. The expanded tab should now change to include "Repair". Click repair, and wait for it to finish.

If "Play" button reads "Pause" during the download process:
      1. Expand the Game Options menu (Cog wheel located above the News Feed)
      2. If the tab says "Installing…", restart the launcher
      3. When the tab says "Updating….", Click Cancel
      4. The expanded tab should now change to include "Repair". Click repair, and wait for it to finish

The repair process will go through a loop of verify -> download -> verify until all the files are repaired. The progress bar will therefore go from 0 to 100 multiple times before it finishes. It is possible that the system will need to download large files.
      The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
      Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
      Staff Post
    1. Coltaine
      Coltaine
      Is there anyone from customer support i can talk to so i can explain problems im having? Or its just email and 24-48h waiting for replay that i should run repair? Is there someone acctualy understand what issue we all having right now with game launcher? Or its just waiting till next week patch and than mayby something by a accident will work?
      Edited by Coltaine on November 11, 2014 9:48PM
    2. BTOG46
      BTOG46
      ✭✭
      @ZOS_GaryA
      Running the repair in the manner suggested in your Spoiler simply halts for me at the same file download as update halts at, both display the same error message as the OP.

Looking in the patchdata.depot folder shows 3 files successfully unpacked to there, but what is presumably depot_-1to41.z04 is simply an uncompressed, and empty zip file, that's the same one it fails on every time for me.

Could it simply be that the zip file on the download server is faulty?
    3. djdado16
      djdado16
      yeah, or can somebody upload this depot_-1to41-z04 so we can try to copy that in our folder... it always stuck on that file
    4. Fernek
      Fernek
      Soul Shriven
      ZOS_GaryA, it`s not working.
      We have a problem with 1 file of the patch and we need in this file.
      Folder patchdata.depot:
    5. Wolfess
      Wolfess
      ✭✭
      BTOG46 wrote: »
      @ZOS_GaryA
      Running the repair in the manner suggested in your Spoiler simply halts for me at the same file download as update halts at, both display the same error message as the OP.

Looking in the patchdata.depot folder shows 3 files successfully unpacked to there, but what is presumably depot_-1to41.z04 is simply an uncompressed, and empty zip file, that's the same one it fails on every time for me.

Could it simply be that the zip file on the download server is faulty?

djdado16 wrote: »
      yeah, or can somebody upload this depot_-1to41-z04 so we can try to copy that in our folder... it always stuck on that file

Fernek wrote: »
      ZOS_GaryA, it`s not working.
      We have a problem with 1 file of the patch and we need in this file.
      Folder patchdata.depot:

This is exactly the problem I'm having.. It's mega annoying since I purchased the game this afternoon and haven't been able to even install it..
      According to a friend it's been like this since the morning, isn't it about time something is done about it?
      Edited by Wolfess on November 11, 2014 11:14PM
    6. Kojijama
      Kojijama
      Soul Shriven
      2 days and nothing;/
      Edited by Kojijama on November 11, 2014 11:26PM
    7. Wolfess
      Wolfess
      ✭✭
      Kojijama wrote: »
      Can i choise NA megaserver and after download change it for EU? When i choise NA i got 27 gb to install, when choise EU still have 5 gb.

I don't think it works.. As the member of staff said earlier, they're two different installation paths.
    8. djdado16
      djdado16
      as i can see in log onnecting Normal (Attempt 1) to URL ' [zenclient.trackers.snxd.com] (C:0)

after that we got ABORT: Invalid Memory Size (0)
      (..\..\..\..\shared\unzipper.c/823)

And then our download file are getting deleted:

Phase changed from [Body] to [Evaluate]
      Successful (200) (C:0) [0:0] [
      Phase changed from [Evaluate] to [Cleanup]

Great
    9. Wolfess
      Wolfess
      ✭✭
      I really kitten hope they fix this soon.. I bought the game 6 hours ago and have spent that amount of time trying to get it to install, but nope. Above mentioned issue keeeeps happening!
    10. Iakobus
      Iakobus
      Soul Shriven
      I got exactly the same issue: "Invalid Memory Size"... Any suggestion how to fix it?
    11. Quoriah
      Quoriah
      ✭✭
      Wow! Zenimax, get your act together. The entire EU branch is messed up.

This morning trying to re-install the game only downloads the 5GB broken archives from the last patch.

Went ahead and bit the buller and did the following:
      - removed the game
      - reinstalled the NA client
      - everything works - installing the client / patching / logging into the game
      - removed everything again
      - trying to reinstall the EU client ONLY DOWNLOADS THE LAST 5GB PATCH not the full game client

So get your $hit together! You have the entire EU update branch borked.
    12. AshySamurai
      AshySamurai
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      CS answered to me - they said to reinstall launcher (doesn't helped to me). Anyway, it's better than nothing.
    13. Quoriah
      Quoriah
      ✭✭
      And with the screenshots for my previous post. Fresh install and the launcher will only try and download the last 5GB patch.

The patch fails and leaves the client in the invalid memory size looping error.

14. Wolfess
      Wolfess
      ✭✭
      @Quoriah : Exact same problem here...

I'm starting to wonder if the devs even -read- this thread?

There are TONS of players who can't install the game. You're making an absolutely bàd first impression on people, like myself, who bought the game yesterday afternoon and haven't been able to play it yet, just been stressed out over how it simply won't install.

Please stop answering with completely irrelevant fixes, I can assure you everyone here has tried re-installing or repairing..

I've posted a new thread here, I hope the title will make it clear to them that we're simply not able to even install the game right now..
      Edited by Wolfess on November 12, 2014 9:02AM
    15. Wolfess
      Wolfess
      ✭✭
      Quoriah wrote: »
      And with the screenshots for my previous post. Fresh install and the launcher will only try and download the last 5GB patch.

The patch fails and leaves the client in the invalid memory size looping error.

@quoriah Would you maybe mind reposting this + the screenshots onto the new thread as a comment? It instantly shows the problem.

16. Kojijama
      Kojijama
      Soul Shriven
      Wolfess wrote: »
      Kojijama wrote: »
      Can i choise NA megaserver and after download change it for EU? When i choise NA i got 27 gb to install, when choise EU still have 5 gb.

I don't think it works.. As the member of staff said earlier, they're two different installation paths.
      CS answered to me - they said to reinstall launcher (doesn't helped to me). Anyway, it's better than nothing.

They think people are idiots... Really
    17. Turelus
      Turelus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hopefully we see a fix for this today.
      I will be on Icewind Dale all day again until it's fixed, but meh I wish I was in PVP with my guild right now.
      @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
      "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    18. Wolfess
      Wolfess
      ✭✭
      Turelus wrote: »
      Hopefully we see a fix for this today.
      I will be on Icewind Dale all day again until it's fixed, but meh I wish I was in PVP with my guild right now.

Yeah, all I've wanted since yesterday afternoon was to play my new game, apparently that's too much to ask :( Getting really sad from this lack of any dev response.
    This discussion has been closed.