The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Invalid Memory Size and keep downloading 5GB...

Luboutin
Luboutin
Soul Shriven
Hello,

I've got problem with this stupid game... Few hours ago I tried to start game, but I;ve got small patch (about 100mb). After it downloaded, I've got error with Invalid Memory Size, and my client crashed. Than I reopened it, and boom! 5GB to download... On my slow internet it's pain in the ass to download 5GB :/ Ok I downloaded it, and? BOOM! Again Invalid Memory Size, and again 5GB to download.

It's ***, I lost few hours of my play time!

THIS IS ***!
  • sh4mu
    sh4mu
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here.
    Options
  • goss-stefanb16_ESO
    goss-stefanb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same *** here... :(
    Options
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Luboutin,

We certainly understand your frustration with this. Would you mind posting a screenshot of the error message? We'll be happy to assist you in any way we can.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Grotesque
    Grotesque
    Soul Shriven
    Options
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks,

We believe that the patch today may have addressed the issue you're facing. Could you please try updating again and let us know if you run into the same issue?
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Luboutin
    Luboutin
    Soul Shriven
    Man, it's another 5GB to download! I've got now only mobile internet with some restrictions (like limit 10GB). Who will pay for extra 5GB I donwloaded useless? I lost yesterday 5 hours to download this 5 GB and 50% of my limit, now you tell me I must download another 5GB!? Is that fair!?

"We believe that patch today may have addressed the issue" - ok so it's your foult, you prevent me from gaming so you should Pay for that!

If my subscription is OVER noone gives me 1 day extra free - I cannot login and you'll never have any "mistake" there. Now I lost my time, my mobile internet transfer and a lot of health since I was very frustrated yesterday. Like I said in my email to support - If i'll not get this [snip] time back, I'll definitly cancel my subscription.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on November 10, 2014 1:19PM
    Options
  • BTOG46
    BTOG46
    ✭✭
    Maintenance just finished on the EU server and I'm getting the same error as the OP now.
    Options
  • Fernek
    Fernek
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem and create the ticket. But no answer for this time.
    I can`t launch the game, can`t repair client.
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh. I'm glad to see that not only me have this issue. Have the same error. Download last ~30 MB, applying patch and in the next moment get this window. For now - trying to re-download game.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
    Options
  • JayJoe
    JayJoe
    ✭✭✭
    A good tip: Never use the Launcher again until you read in the forums everything is ok :p
    Edited by JayJoe on November 11, 2014 9:06AM
    "Bei der Suche nach Perfektion muss man darauf achten, dass die Suche selbst nicht zum allumfassenden Ziel wird."
    -Halund Graumantel-

"Es ist das Schicksal jeder Wahrheit, vor ihrer Anerkennung ein Gegenstand des Lächelns zu sein."
    -Christian Geyer-

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin
    Options
  • Fernek
    Fernek
    Soul Shriven
    JayJoe wrote: »
    A good tip: Never use the Launcher again :p
    If I launch the game from folder - it crushed. I can`t to login.
    Edited by Fernek on November 11, 2014 9:07AM
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JayJoe wrote: »
    A good tip: Never use the Launcher again until you read in the forums everything is ok :p

You have to use launcher to update your game (or you get outdate client error).
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I downloaded the game again. It doesn't helped.
    Options
  • Elena7
    Elena7
    Soul Shriven
    Also now getting this, did not have it before patch, now I do. Tried repair, then tried redownload from scratch, has not fixed it, still have this error.
    Options
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly? I'm so pissed off atm. 2nd time you break the game with a patch within 3 days.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Honestly? I'm so pissed off atm. 2nd time you break the game with a patch within 3 days.

Actuall it's 3rd time. Don't forget problems with patch (look in the general discussion thread)!
    C-C-C-Combo!!
    Options
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fixed it now for me: In order to fix Sundays desaster patch I downloaded the old files posted on the forums and replaced mine with them.

After exchanging them with my backup filed (the _databuild folder) it works now.

Or its just coincidental. Who knows.
    Edited by Sanct16 on November 11, 2014 10:56AM
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
    Options
  • Kojijama
    Kojijama
    Soul Shriven
    Hello. I have the same problem. Tried download 4x and nothing. It's my first instalation. Need help.

***. How may times i must download this to play?! Really... I got little slow internet conection.. 5 gb it's not fast for me...
    Edited by Kojijama on November 11, 2014 12:24PM
    Options
  • djdado16
    djdado16
    anybody got lucky? how to fix this? this is my first time to install this game and i cant complete it
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Created a ticket to CS. Still waiting their answer. Hope ZOS will compensate somehow this lost day.
    Options
  • Kojijama
    Kojijama
    Soul Shriven
    djdado16 wrote: »
    anybody got lucky? how to fix this? this is my first time to install this game and i cant complete it
    Same here. That's suck. Wan't see game and can't ;/ anddd losing game day's :P
    Options
  • Fernek
    Fernek
    Soul Shriven
    Created a ticket to CS. Still waiting their answer. Hope ZOS will compensate somehow this lost day.

I created ticket 5 hours ago, but no answer for this problem.

Options
  • djdado16
    djdado16
    Sucks, nevermind i am downloading again. 15-th time .

At least speed is good, 2.5 Mb/s, last one was 400 kb/s .... Getting nervous here

I created ticket too, no answer
    Edited by djdado16 on November 11, 2014 1:34PM
    Options
  • Quoriah
    Quoriah
    ✭✭
    The same issue - more or less. The errors vary for my installation. This is what's happening on my copy of ESO:
    - I patched the game and all seemed well. Clicking "Play" results in the client crashing before I get the intro videos with the logos.
    - Start the client manually (eso.exe) results in a crash as well.
    - Use the repair option results in this error: ABORT: Invalid Memory Size (0 (..\..\..\..\shared\unzipper.c/823). Launcher closes at this point. Restarting the launcher does nothing since it doesn't need to update, but clicking Play results in the same crash as above.
    - Deleting the patch files forces the launcher to update the client. The update then ends with the Error 303 - PatchError_UnzipFail - Failed to open patch, please click repair for your game.
    Options
  • juliano1969
    juliano1969
    Soul Shriven
    I purchased ESO this morning and was looking forward to exploring the game this afternoon.
    I am having the same problem on my Mac. Error 303 Patch Unzip fail. I can't install the game and have emailed support but have got no reply.
    Options
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there everyone,

We're taking a look into the issue with the Invalid Memory Size error. We'll be sure to post an update when more information becomes available. Thanks for your patience!
    Options
    Staff Post
  • djdado16
    djdado16
    I hope that we will get at least 1 day free gametime to our account :disappointed_relieved:
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    djdado16 wrote: »
    I hope that we will get at least 1 day free gametime to our account :disappointed_relieved:

I'm agree to trade free day to something else in game^^ But I don't think we get anything at all :disappointed_relieved:
    Options
  • djdado16
    djdado16
    yeah, at this point, i only want to play the game, Absolutely loved daggerfall, morrowind,oblivion and skyrim.. Never tried this :\
    Options
  • Solapse
    Solapse
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having exactly the same problem. It started a few days ago and I had to reinstall the whole client to get back in after the incorrect patch was put out. Today there's a new patch and it's not working again.

Can this please be resolved? I'm sick of having to download 25 gigs every couple of days to get into the game.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.